Aftermath (Mass Effect)

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HardcoreStraw

Original poster
Where was he when the shock-wave ripped through the Milky Way? It was so long ago, he couldn't piece back together the memories from that far back. He remembered the story though, the story that had become legend. The Reapers that had threatened to destroy all sentient life to make way for a new 'cycle' and the legendary Shepard who led the galaxy to salvation. He pictured an old grizzled man staring out into the expanse of stars, only to realize that this stargazer was the one who'd shared this knowledge with him. His memories were interrupted as an explosion ripped through his small interstellar craft as it finally made contact with the earth of the planet he was uncontrollably descending towards. He braced himself and gritted his teeth as he was thrown forward into his controls by the force of the crash, and then all turned to black.
Its been 24 years after the Reaper War, the Reapers that survived have all disappeared. The Mass Relays have been repaired, and the dead mourned and buried. Life is returning to normal in the Milky Way, and the galaxy is rebuilding and repairing the damage it's suffered.

The shock wave that ripped through the Milky Way when the catalyst was used hasn't left the galaxy untouched however, and some very mysterious readings and sightings have been reported in the Omega nebula however, with some saying that new, alien crafts have been spotted. Whilst others report wormholes randomly appearing, and that they could see unidentified planets and constellations through it. The races spanning the milky way scramble to secure a foothold in the nebula, but the mercenary organizations such as the Blue Suns, Eclipse and the Blood Pack have already taken the end of the reaper war as a chance to expand their strength and authority throughout the system.

How will your story unfold? Will you be the one to discover what lies beyond?

(I've been interested in having a role-play about this for some time now, and finally invested enough time to try to kick-start it. I've never done anything like this however, and Im quite new to the site, so whoever's interested, can you help me with creating a sign-up sheet and creating an expansive universe fit for as many people possible? Thanks for investing the time in reading this!)

Elijah knelt on the ground eying the track that was left behind. It was a boot print, and not one of his own. Spinning out his retractable blade he scraped away some snow trying to find more signs. But there was none. Elijah looked to the horizon. He saw something in the distance. He couldn't tell what it was, but it was big. He sheathed his blade and took out his two M-9 Tempests. He checked the Pyro rounds and the cryo rounds. Everything looked. Holstering them on his thighs he got up and went to his hover bike. He revved his engine and sped off to the distant object. All the while he was singing "Life is a highway, and I wana ride it allll night long!"

Status
Not open for further replies.