After Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
[BCOLOR=transparent]"What?" Hinata questioned, noticing how the other just kind of seemed to trail off after he started talking about their senpais and the other first years that had joined the team with them. He had also never heard anything about the three third years that were with them when they became first years on the team. When he was in Japan they were all studying and getting ready to go to the colleges of their choice, but Hinata never had a good memory as to where they were actually going to college and if they had actually said anything about it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kageyama looked to Hinata, his pupils growing as his eyes refocused on the ginger across from him. With raised brows, he took a small sip from the cold tea. "Did you hear anything about where Sugawara-, Daichi-, and Asahi-senpai went?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No I didn't. Mostly because I was here and lost a lot of information and stuff. And I don't remember them mentioning anything about any colleges in their last year. I mean they could have either stayed in Japan, come to America or gone anywhere else in the world for college." he stated, trying to remember anything from 5 years ago that would indicate that he knew where they were going. He shook his head, not remember a single thing about the three upperclassman.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kageyama nodded, about to weigh in when the waiter came up to their table, holding a large tray with two plates on it. They set one of the plates down in front of Hinata, the noirette openly eyeing the amount of food that was piled on the ginger's plate. He watched as the waiter set his own plate in front of him, his mouth watering wistfully as he eyed the heaps of beef intensely, not having this much beef in a [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]month [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]back in Japan. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nodding a thank you to the waiter, he went to grab for chopsticks when all he found was two pieces of silver sticking out from a rolled up napkin. Kageyama sent a confused look to Hinata, seeing how the other was using the pronged piece to stab at his food and put it in his mouth. He observed how Hinata held it and grabbed the pronged silver as copied the movements, about to put a piece of beef and steamed carrot on his mouth before the food fell from the silverware onto the plate. He hummed in thought quietly.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Here Kageyama," the ginger said holding his own fork in front him and showing him how to eat it. "Take the fork and stab it into your meat a little harder like so," he demonstrated and showed how he stabbed his fork into the fluffy pancake before he lifted the fork back up, blowing slightly on the fluffy food before popping it into his mouth. "Don't forget to blow because some foods may be super hot." he armed after finishing his bite of food before cutting off another piece and popping that one into his mouth as well.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kageyama nodded and did as well instructed, stabbing the meat hard enough to get it on his fork without falling. After a few minutes of solid silence from eating, Kageyama took a small sip of the tea, silently telling himself to slow down and enjoy the meal. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"How have you been?" he asked distractedly.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hinata shoved another fork full in his mouth, "Gay." he didn't realize what he had said until a few moment later and he saw the blank expression on Kageyama's face. He swallowed hardly before replying again. "I mean straight- I MEAN GOOD." he said already wanting to restart the conversation over so he could give him that answer the first time. "Let's just change the subject already..." he said, putting his head on the table and sighing.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kageyama furrowed his eyebrows at Hinata before looking blankly down at his plate if half eaten pot roast, which oddly didn't seem as appetising to him anymore. He wondered if Hinata had meant something by that since he had said it so nonchalantly but from the bright red of the others face, he figured he should change the subject as well. Kageyama had rarely seen Hinata so flustered in his time span of being his friend. Poking the pot roast with his fork, he cleared his throat lazily. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"How's school?" he asked, mostly wanting to know why Hinata was so embarrassed but knew if he brought it up again the ginger might faint from how much blood would surface to his face.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hinata put a hand on his chin. "School has been good. It's different from what it might have been in Japan. But what I'm wondering is, is this the school you had planned to come to?" The ginger asked looking into the navy blue eyes of the other with his amber ones.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kageyama shifted in his seat, the back of his knees sticking to the plastic texture of the booth where his shorts ended. Forking another piece of beef and steamed vegetables and sliding it into his mouth, chewing in through how exactly to sum up his answer. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]After swallowing, Kageyama shook his head. "I applied to many colleges when I was in Japan, I didn't want to go to one or two in particular. I avoided getting my hopes up in case I was rejected, which did happen most of the time." He murmured, his eyebrows twitching at the memories. "After around twenty applications, I got an offer saying that I was the type of student they wanted, but I realised it was in America. I only had a few months to accept the offer and learn English in that time span." Kageyama huffed, not used to talking this much all at once.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hinata nodded. "See, my original plan was to go to America, I just wasn't sure if the college of my choice would accept me and when they did I had already been learning English so I basically left during that week and hadn't had a chance to go see anyone before I left." he said taking a piece of the bacon and biting off the end of it. "I didn't exactly know what to say, then my phone broke and I lost all the information from my old one. It was a hassle."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kageyama stabbed the next piece of beef rather forcefully, a sharp [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]clank [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]ringing between the two men. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Is that why you couldn't get on a computer and email me," Kageyama murmured darkly, sarcastically as well since he remembered being in class a month after Hinata and him exchanged emails. Kageyama asked the ginger if he had his information memorised, and though Hinata wasn't good with numbers, he recited the noirette's email perfectly without hesitation.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hinata winced at the loud noise and listened to Kageyama's words. He didn't know what to say to Kageyama anymore about this whole email situation. The ginger let out a sigh. "I got busy. With the move here and my parents and little sister wanting to know how everything was going. They called me everyday for the first month I was here to make sure everything was okay. Every time I used a computer I thought about Emailing you but I never could muster up something to say to you. I spent hours sitting there trying to think of something to say and could never come up with something to say." he finally stated, letting the other know what had really been going on and what he couldn't email the other. "Then the year went on and I started to have less time and I found myself studying or sleeping more and more and could never get over to use the computers. I did a couple weeks ago, but I was for a project and I couldn't do anything else but work on it." he finished and looked up from his plate back to the other.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]After a few minutes of silence and avoidant stares, Kageyama and Hinata left the restaurant, both walking side by side on the sidewalk. Kageyama wasn't sure if Hinata needed to head back to the dorm yet or not and would prefer going back to the room himself in order to get sleeping arrangements set up and save the exploring for the following day. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Around twenty minutes later, Kageyama and Hinata were stopped on the edge of the sidewalk, waiting for the light to turn red so that they could cross. "Hey, Hinata... What you said earlier. About the whole..." Kageyama looked to the side and back in front of him. "The 'gay' thing."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hinata's eyes widened and his cheeks turned a bright red flush. "Y-yeah, what about it?" He stuttered out, really wanting to avoid this entire thing again but the taller would probably try and get him to talk about it one way or another so he would just have to play along and get used to this.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kageyama shrugged, wanting to seem nonchalant as possible. "What did you mean by it?" his voice becoming deeper as the light finally turned red and people started to walk across the street with them.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'll tell you once we are back to the room." he stated, not wanting to say it out in public or when they were walking with complete strangers.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kageyama nodded, feeling a little relaxed at Hinata's request. They both walked in silence on their way to the college, Kageyama eyeing some of the students that walked amongst the campus. Suddenly feeling self-conscious about his foreign appearance (despite there also being people of a different culture), he nudged closer to Hinata, his arm bumping against the others. He spared a glance at Hinata, getting an urge deep in his chest to reach a hand up and ruffle it, something he did on accident one day after volleyball practice. Hinata practically purred. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As they both stepped in their room, a tension filled the air, Kageyama waiting to see who would crack first. He assumed Hinata was wanting to avoid it by how flustered he got twice now, but if they were going to be roommates, and again, best friends over the course of the school year, he figured that secrets shouldn't be a thing.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Hinata sat down in his desk chair, spring through his thoughts, trying to come up with a way to explain to Tobio what he had meant earlier. He didn't look at the taller as he sat there, he looked at his hands that were neatly folded on the desk while he watched his thumbs move around slightly. He opened his mouth for a second ready to say something, but deciding against it and closing it before letting out a somewhat shaky sigh.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kageyama watched as the ginger silently stressed over what he was going to say even though they were both sure that Kageyama had already figured it out. It was possible that Hinata thought that Kageyama wouldn't be okay with it, and he decided to try and fix that. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He cleared his throat and took a seat on the edge of the bottom bunk bed, looking around the room at Hinata's belongings, now noticing the strange anime posters and figures scattered about. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yamaguchi came out, too. After you left, I mean." He simply stated.[/BCOLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.