After Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kodi

Original poster
It's been 5 years since their first year of high school, and Kageyama and the rest of the team at Karasuno hasn't seen Hinata since he was at the graduation ceremony of his third year.

Kageyama is now on his way to college, but, his college is in America

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, now you should like, add your first repsonce after this.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ginger hair bounced slightly on the small boys head. He was still back in high school, walking passed all his classmates as it was the end of the day and time for volleyball practice. He made his way down the small set of stairs, before going across the sidewalk that connected the school and the gymnasium to one another. He goes up another set of stairs and into the gym. When he opens the doors he already sees a few of his teammates practicing with one another. He takes off his normal shoes for school and puts on his volleyball shoes and takes off his "Karasuno Volleyball Club" jacket and walks over to his team mates. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The door opens a few more times for a few other players to come in, among them is a taller male with black hair. He is a first year like the ginger. He considers him as a friend but they met last year when they were in junior high. They were on opposite teams and Hinata vowed that he would beat the taller. But now, on the same team, they had grown to get used to each other and became friends after a lot of practice together and a lot of fighting. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It has been 5 years since Hinata was in his first year of High school. He has already been going to this college for a year now and he has just been told that he would be getting a roommate sometime during the next week. He walks back to his room after his classes day classes are over. He has a class later at night but he has a few hours before that. He walks into his dorm room, full of a bunch of anime posters and figures of his favorite anime characters. He sets his bag on the couch that sits across from the bed. They just put a bunk bed in his room since he was told that he would be getting a roommate. Sometimes after a rough day he would just go plop down on the bottom bunk but otherwise he would crawl up onto the top bunk since he liked being up higher. He has even woken up some mornings and walk right off the top bunk. Some other rooms have even sent in complaints about his room and waking up from hearing a loud bang, probably him falling off his bed. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]They have also said they hear jumping around and loud music or voices. Hinata was watching a new episode of his favorite anime and jumping around when the theme song turned on because he turned it on full volume. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]After setting his bag down he walks over to his bed, sitting down and leaning back, he stands up on the bottom bunk of the bed, having to bend his head slightly so he didn't hit his head on the bed above him. He laughs slightly and jumps on books and papers scattered on the floor. "The floor is lava!" He yells, not too loud so he doesn't disrupt the other people in the dorm.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It had been five years total since his first year of high school, where he attended Karasuno High in order to join the volleyball team, inevitably becoming friends with three mature third years, two overly perverted second years, two first year acquaintances, and a hyper first year as a rival to best friend. The next year after that, the third years, Sugawara, Daichi, and Asahi had left, leaving him with Tanaka as a third year senpai and new recruits to work with on the team. Of course, his third year eventually came and that's when the team dispersed after losing their last chance to go to nationals, again. Yamaguchi and Tsukisima decided to go by reality and focus on their testing, quickly giving up their volleyball dreams to get somewhere in life. Tanaka and Nishinoya unexpectedly did the same, and Hinata.... Well, nobody actually knew where Hinata went. The summer after third year, the team called his house over and over and his parents said that Hinata had moved away, though they didn't tell specifics. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]After five years, Kageyama thought volleyball was a distant memory, a far dream to never be reached again, and his teammates an even more outlying memory. He waited a year after he quit high school, working job after job to get money, studying harder and applying to as many colleges as he could. After a year, he finally got accepted, thought the college had been located in the Americas, somewhere extremely foreign to him in almost every aspect. After his acceptance letter, he attended an English seminar at the local college, persuading the principal there for just one class and he would pay him beforehand. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kageyama was sure he looked scarier nowaday, as his hair grew darker and thicker, not longer, and his voice deepened, his body had gotten thicker and his shoulders broader, and even the intense glare in his eye had sharpened. After a lengthy flight, and tripping over his English several times asking for directions and getting used to American customs, he carried a backpack on his back, a suitcase, and a duffel bag, filled only with the essentials as he came to a stop at the front of his dorm. The principal had told him that his new roommate would be able to help him around and show him the works and Kageyama didn't know if he prefered somebody he could befriend or if he wanted to be alone this school year. The noirette decided he would indeed actually need companionship as he took the stairs to one of the high floors, giving a small sigh before tapping his knuckles on the door. Though he never actually got as far as to knock, as he heard a yell from inside the room, his eyebrows slightly furrowed as he opened the door to see a lithe, orange haired boy (there's no way this could be a full grown adult) jumping from furniture piece to furniture piece.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hinata looked at the opening door as he flew across the room, missing the couch with his foot and face planting into the couch. His head shot up and he looked at the person who had just entered the room. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] I thought I was gonna have a few more days...[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] He thought to himself. The boy's voice had gotten somewhat deeper since high school but was still pretty light and not too deep. But definitely deeper than it was in his first year a high school. He had also gotten taller and wasn't a twig anymore. He wasn't chubby but a little bit more broad since he was 21 now, (even though he still acted like a five-year-old.) He stood up quickly and talked in perfect english with a few l's that sounded a bit like r's. "Hello! I swear I am 21 and not 5. Nice to meet you, my name is Shoyo Hinata. You must be my new roommate." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The directors of the college who told the ginger that he would be getting a roommate never mentioned anything about what he looked like or what his name was and he never asked to see who it was so he could really give them a proper greeting. He didn't care though, he only wished he had a few more days until he had showed up and not have to have walked in while he was playing "The Floor Is Lava", all by himself in his dorm room. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The ginger walked over to the door, holding out a hand in front of the noirette, urging him to take it and hand shake. It had taken awhile for Hinata to learn the ways that Americans had greeted each other and to learn the language. He had to get used to hand shaking or hugging instead of just bowing in front of one another.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kageyama stared down at the abnormally haired boy, his intense glare unknowingly ripping daggers into the other. The noirette stared down at the held out hand, noticing how slender his fingers were. He gave a slight bow and was about to apologise in Japanese before he caught himself, stammering and turning a soft red around the cheeks as he slurred out a, "I-I'm. Soh-ree.." Kageyama huffed lowly to himself, hoping to pass off his English well enough for the other to understand him. Grabbing the piece of paper from his pocket, he showed the boy in front of him; a map of the dorm with a red circle around the dorm number.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ah.." Kageyama winced, not used to feeling this vulnerable in a situation.[/BCOLOR]

"This is my..huh.." He realised he didn't know the word for it. "Laos," he murmured in Japanese. "Uh.. roohm. I stay here?" He said, not meaning to let it come out as a question.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hinata looked at the opening door as he flew across the room, missing the couch with his foot and face planting into the couch. His head shot up and he looked at the person who had just entered the room. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] I thought I was gonna have a few more days...[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] He thought to himself. The boy's voice had gotten somewhat deeper since high school but was still pretty light and not too deep. But definitely deeper than it was in his first year a high school. He had also gotten taller and wasn't a twig anymore. He wasn't chubby but a little bit more broad since he was 21 now, (even though he still acted like a five-year-old.) He stood up quickly and talked in perfect english with a few l's that sounded a bit like r's. "Hello! I swear I am 21 and not 5. Nice to meet you, my name is Shoyo Hinata. You must be my new roommate." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The directors of the college who told the ginger that he would be getting a roommate never mentioned anything about what he looked like or what his name was and he never asked to see who it was so he could really give them a proper greeting. He didn't care though, he only wished he had a few more days until he had showed up and not have to have walked in while he was playing "The Floor Is Lava", all by himself in his dorm room. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The ginger walked over to the door, holding out a hand in front of the noirette, urging him to take it and hand shake. It had taken awhile for Hinata to learn the ways that Americans had greeted each other and to learn the language. He had to get used to hand shaking or hugging instead of just bowing in front of one another.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A relieved sigh escaped Kageyama's lips as his shoulders slouched, content at somehow finding a roommate who fluently spoke his native tongue. His voice instantly became deeper as he spoke in Japanese. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Thank you, Hinata. It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Kageyama Tobio." Kageyama bowed again to properly show respect, not knowing if this person was his elder or was younger and he felt somewhat uncomfortable not knowing as well as not bowing to somebody, in general, especially if they were Japanese as he was. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"If I may ask, how long have you been living in America?" Kageyama wondered if Hinata was fluent enough in English to help him along the way. With the way his year in English class went, he was able to fluently read most English, getting stuck on occasional words or word pairings; his main trouble was hearing the words out loud and responding to them.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hinata listened to the other calmly. Hearing the name made him think that he knew that name from somewhere, where he had heard it though not coming to mind. "I have lived in America for 2 years now, I was studying English and other things in my last year of college so I know the language fluently for the most part. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I have a question for you, do I know you? Have we met somewhere before?" He asked, tilting his head to the side slightly, his ginger spikes on his head shifting with his movements. His hair was longer than it was in high school, but had been trimmed a few times before so it wasn't too long. His spikes weren't as spikey as they had been but they were still visible and he would probably have to trim his hair again soon.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]His jaw twitched at the question that followed after the others answer. Kageyama did think Hinata seemed familiar, with the eccentric hair and flighty personality (or from what he'd seen when he walked in). Though, for some reason, Kageyama couldn't place it. His navy eyes pierced Hinata's own softer, rounded brown eyes, his expression blank but bothersome.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] "No, I don't think you know me from anywhere.." Kageyama was sure that, just like Hinata, he was the type of person you couldn't easily forget based on looks alone.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The shorter squinted his eyes slightly, trying to figure out something about the other that might have made him be someone he knew. "Did you go to my high school?" He asked trying to figure out where he could know this person from. He was sure he had seen him from somewhere. "Make like a really scary face or something? That's how I usually remember people most." he said, straightening up and putting his hands at his sides, rocking his feet back and forth slightly.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kageyama narrowed his eyes in question before sighing and doing as the other said so. Closing his eyes, he mustered up as much irritation as he could, thinking of the cry baby on the plane that last over half the fifteen hour hour flight, the way Americans bustled about, all of them late for something when really they should be getting up earlier. How the only school to accept him was in America and he didn't know what that meant for him. Using these, and others things that had ticked him off, he opened his eyes and gave the other the sharpest, darkest look he could muster, frown lines deepening around his nose and mouth. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Is this good?" He asked through clenched, gritted teeth, dark energy radiating off him in waves.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Hinata watched the other until he had the most angry face. The ginger slowly backed up turning away and having to lean against the wall as he breathed, trying to get his fear out of him. "Yeah that's good... You remind me a guy from my volleyball team in High school. His name was Kageyama... Tobio..." he trailed off, turning back around to look at the other with a surprised look in his amber eyes, wide with his expression. "KAGEYAMA!?!?!?!" He yelled, loud enough for the whole campus to probably hear.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kageyama winced at the high-pitched shriek that emitted from the other's mouth. Covering his ears, he shot another pissed off glare at Hinata, ice cold daggers piercing the ginger once again.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] "Oi!! You little asshole, are you trying to make me deaf[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]!?" Kageyama immediately realised he shouldn't have insulted this person so openly, but right after that realisation, he noticed how Hinata looked at him and the pitch of his voice.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sh-...Shoyo?" he said softly, his eyes widening as he actually [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]looked [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]at Hinata's appearance. The noirette scolded himself in his subconscious for not noticing the still somewhat spiky ginger hair and energetic personality.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Wh-what are you doing here?" He asked, his eyes head was spinning with confusing and his eyes were those little white portals with the black outline that seemed to go no where. Hinata had never actually told anyone that he got accepted into a college in America. He basically left right after his last year of high school and never had a chance to tell anyone 'I'm going to America for college.' He just kind of left without a word and that was that for the little ginger.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kageyama narrowed his eyes again. "[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]What do you mean [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]what am I doing here?[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] This is my room for college, I got accepted a few months ago. What are you doing here?[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]" Kageyama started to get heated up, remembering how his best friend randomly left without a trace years ago, not a text, a call, the last he had seen of the hyper ginger had been at the graduation party after the ceremony. They had hugged and hung out with the rest of their graduating members, and afterwards walked home. They had celebrated at a restaurant afterwards with pork curry and Hinata had said "[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]See you soon, Tobio-chan![/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] ", but the noirette in question hadn't ever seen the other again. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Taking a step forward, he grabbed the smaller male by the shoulders, his eyes becoming wet with angry tears. "Where were you?! You disappeared without a trace! Everybody had gotten worried and lonely without you! I had to toss the ball to others and it never felt right! We missed you, Hinata! You left [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]us![/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] YOU LEFT [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]ME![/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The small male looked down, not wanting to meet eyes with the noirette. "I'm sorry... I got accepted into this college a few days after graduation and they wanted me here in the next week I possible so I basically left the next day. I didn't mean to make you guys worry I just came here and I got a new phone and new number and I didn't have any of the team's numbers anymore."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He looked back up at the other, his eyes filling with tears. "I didn't mean to make you and the team worry I just didn't know how to get ahold of any of you anymore..."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That's [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]bullshit[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent], Shoyo! You had my email for a reason! We exchanged after the summer festival in second year! You could have contacted me, I [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]know [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]schools have computers, you could have gotten your own! All you have to offer after five years is shitty fucking excuses, Shoyo!" Kageyama felt hot tears spill over and fall off his face onto the carpet under his feet, his fists moving from the ginger's shoulders and balling his thin shirt, lifting Hinata off the ground to bring him to his face, his hot breath on the other, it seething from his teeth in anger as he felt Hinata's small puffs of air on his nose, the small ginger looked as if he wanted to avoid crying. "[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]LOOK AT ME, SHOYO![/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hinata looked up at the other, obeying his orders. "I'm sorry. I didn't know what to tell any of you that I was in America. I didn't mean to make you all worry. I'm... sorry..." he trailed off, letting his head drop as tears started to fall down his cheeks. His face was still close to Kageyama's but not wanting to look at him anymore[/BCOLOR]

The man halted when he saw the fat tears rolling off of Hinata's cheeks, snot and salt water mixing as he ducked his head in submissive shame. Kageyama immediately felt a twinge of guilt for being so harsh to him, knowing that, yes, Hinata most likely did grow up the years he had been gone, but he was still vulnerable to emotions just as he had been in the past. Huffing quietly, Kageyama carefully set Hinata back down, the ginger male still shorter than him as he came up to his chest, and loosened his grip on his shirt, noticing Hinata's chest had become flushed. The noirette felt the urge to hug Hinata, but a part of him was still fairly pissed off at Hinata's excuses for not coming in contact.

Turning away, Kageyama grabbed his bags and set them inside, promptly ignoring Hinata as he set them near the bunk beds. Noticing the time on the wall clock, he sighed softly and reached for the door, avoiding Hinata's bloodshot eyes. "Let's go find some food," he murmured.

Status
Not open for further replies.