After the Last Age OOC

Quiet One

My God! It's full of Stars.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Genres
Scifi, some fantasy, Mature. Anything that gets my gears going. Not opposed to Yaoi or Yuri.
1549824807352.png
There is a tale of long ago when humanity passed what was called the Singularity. Artificial intelligence became on par with human intelligence - and quickly shot beyond. Shortly after this birth of the metal minds came grand developments in technology that, alas, spiraled out of control. Genetic modification, nanobots, AI machines, cybernetic enhancements, new energy sources, quantum technologies - all these breakthroughs blossomed all at once. Culture became more and more interwoven with technology. Everyone had power over their own destinies and even their own bodies. Some tried to reign in control of these breakthroughs, to stop things from spiraling out of control. Others tried to fight for the free choice of the people to use as they saw fit. Devastating wars were waged, shaping the world to what it is now. Finally, the great builders - the Gods we once were - had fallen.

The older of us call this new world a second Stone Age. We've begun again, starting from scratch. But there are relics of the Gods everywhere, and our world is so different from theirs. The ruins of the Old World are our backdrop. We find these titanic claws of steel and glass stabbing the sky and we settle around them, small and humble as we marvel at the giants around us. We settle in the trees, as tall as the skyscrapers with their nanobot-steel reinforcement. Many humans have formed tribes called Noms - nomads that travel in convoys of modified cars and horses. And humans are not alone anymore. The Wildlings are creatures descended from long lines of genetic modification, just as much beasts as Men. The Olympians are the descended spawns of super soldiers, built to take on armies, but now with no armies to fight.

Nanobots have integrated themselves into every living thing on the planet. Trees are reinforced with nanobot-steel and stand taller than any skyscraper. Giant insects, animals and even people have these worked into their body, and humans have figured out how to use this nanotech for healing and enhancing their strength or durability. Some nanobots have pooled together in massive marshes and gained sentience, becoming semi-liquid metal machines that have little regard or respect to their former human masters. Some leftover genetic tech is still sitting around. Rapidly accelerated CRISPRs can be found in stasis tubes and can take a gene from a living animal and mix it with a human with a little help. It helps that genetic modification is evident in everything. All foods are the evolved descendants of GMOs, animals that were once pets are now roaming the wild with all their modifications. Monsters created by people who wanted to play god wreak havoc every now and then. Cybernetic mods are still prevalent too, but they aren't as long-lasting as they used to be. No one knows how to build new parts for these incredibly advanced bionics. They are, however, very useful, including extra storage in hollow points, enhanced jumping, and built-in weapons.

We have long forgotten our past, but it is said some part of us remembers. It is said the Old Gods would prefer this world they've wrought. Some even say that a few Old Gods still live. Some say they're waiting to awaken...

~~~

So this is the OOC for my RP thread. This roleplay is going to be more episodic, to hopefully keep things interesting. Once you've gotten comfortable with this world, exploration and adventures will be constant, driven by either your curiosity or your desire to find some piece of the Old World. You're playing characters put into a set of stasis pods to wait out a World War. Unfortunately, while you were kept out of the war, you were kept out too long. You were supposed to be reanimated 25 years later. Instead, it's 5200 years after you were sealed away. You've lost most of your memories, and the machine that held a download of them is alas broken beyond repair. But you remember who you are (for the most part) and your personality is still intact. In fact, this is your character sheet:

Name:
Age: (physical age, not counting all the time you spent in stasis)
Appearance: (pic or description. Both if the pic is only mostly accurate and there's some things you want different. No real people pics, though.)
Personality:
What You Remember: (you won't remember most of your life up to being put in suspended animation, but some thoughts on who you once were (almost exclusively rich) will be on your mind, and you may even be lucky enough to get your memory jogged out in the New World)
Skills: (What are you good at? This can be anything from fighting, to cooking, to sewing and more. No skill is useless)

@Ur Degaton, @QuiteContrary, @Mythy the Dragon-Wolf

Name: Samuel (Can't remember last name)

Appearance: Black Hair, Blue Eyes, Caucasian, Pale Complexion, 5'11, Wakes up in a standard issue orange maintenance jumpsuit

Personality: Determined, Blunt, Laid-Back, Empathetic

Memories: The only thing Samuel remembers is his first name and occupation, engineering. Which he figures was related to the stasis pods. His job was to periodically wake up from stasis every few years and check up on the others' pods to make repairs and keep them in working condition. Of course, this didn't go as planned.

Skills:
•Engineering - Machinery and technology come easy to Samuel, whether it be making repairs or operating complex pre-war devices.
•Slight Of Hand - Working with dangerous machinery has led to Samuel developing quick and steady hands.
•Reflexes - Working with dangerous machinery has led to Samuel developing quick reflexes, enabling him to react to dangers faster than others.

Last edited:
Name: Cardinal Rain (Made from his hair color, and a strand of memory. Doesn't remember his real name)

Appearance: 6'4", 224lbs
6879355d92d2e9998b62a4cdc2870b7d.jpg
Personality: Gentle, kind, loyal, protective, fierce when roused.

What You Remember: Remembers times of being groomed to be a lord, and sneaking cooking lessions to woo a lover he just.. can't quite... remember...

Skills: Cooking, swordsmanship, equestrian

I am! I've been a bit busy, but I'll have an ooc posted soon! Scout's honor

Okay. For the record, everyone, this thread is also for sharing possible delays because real life happens. Anything slowing you down, any help you need with posts, any delays or struggles with character sheets. Just let me know here.

IMG_20181102_122110.jpg
5' 6" 120 lbs

Personality:
Stubborn, confident, soft spoken, passionate, unrelenting

Memories
Olivia remembers being surrounded by security, so she assumes she was either the daughter of someone important, or someone incredibly rich. She remembers having an interest in long range weapons, archery, and astronomy.

Skills
Archery, exceptional accuracy with long ranged weapons/rifles, celestial navigation (this skill will take time to perfect, as the stars in the sky might have changed)

Just for clarification, these people in stasis may have been modified already - genetically, perhaps?

Also, incredibly interested. You had me at post-post-apocalyptic and it just got better from there.

Mm...possibly, but in no way that's visible by their appearance (with the possible exception of weird eyes). I was working with the thought of everyone being relatively normal, but you all can discover that you were enhanced in some way later on in the RP. I mean, you all have cybernetic installations anyway, otherwise you wouldn't be able to download your lost memories (which are destroyed, but...well you need to jack in).

• Thank You
Reactions: yasei no shika
Okay noted. I have an idea for a character and I'll try to submit you the CS once I get it sorted.

@Kangutso, I suggest clicking "watch thread" up top to keep you updated on what's going on.

It is watched.

I'm struggling on just what kind of character to make.

@Kangutso well, with the exception of @Ur Degaton who's gone for former maintenance of the project, all the people put in stasis were basically spoiled rich kids. They don't have to act spoiled, but you need to have a lot of money to be put in a stasis project to wait out a World War. Think about what being rich in a futuristic world can offer you and how that might have shaped your personality and determined what you'd be good at. For example, @Mythy the Dragon-Wolf seems to have gone with a high-society athletic type who - judging by his swordsmanship and equestrian skills - came from a family who liked to keep old traditions alive. @QuiteContrary has firearm expertise, which - no political joke meant here - makes me think she came from a wealthy Republican family, but the interest in astronomy tells me she might have been more moderate than her parents.

These may not be what the players were going for, but do you get the point? Think about how who they were shaped what they can do. Just...make sure they don't have much of a memory about who they were.

Reactions: QuiteContrary
You hit the nail right on the head, yo :p

A wealthy republican Congressman. Or woman. Or even the president if I'm feeling particularly ambitious. Meh, I haven't decided yet. But I guess it doesn't matter if she doesn't get her memories back

Reactions: Quiet One
Reactions: QuiteContrary
@Kangutso well, with the exception of @Ur Degaton who's gone for former maintenance of the project, all the people put in stasis were basically spoiled rich kids. They don't have to act spoiled, but you need to have a lot of money to be put in a stasis project to wait out a World War. Think about what being rich in a futuristic world can offer you and how that might have shaped your personality and determined what you'd be good at. For example, @Mythy the Dragon-Wolf seems to have gone with a high-society athletic type who - judging by his swordsmanship and equestrian skills - came from a family who liked to keep old traditions alive. @QuiteContrary has firearm expertise, which - no political joke meant here - makes me think she came from a wealthy Republican family, but the interest in astronomy tells me she might have been more moderate than her parents.

These may not be what the players were going for, but do you get the point? Think about how who they were shaped what they can do. Just...make sure they don't have much of a memory about who they were.
Lol he's just some unfortunate soul who was in the wrong stasis pod at the wrong time.

Reactions: Quiet One