Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
She stood outside the largest gates she had ever seen. Two ginormous figures holding swords carved of stone blocks frame, equally as heavy stone doors. Even the gates of her own homeland had not been quite so imposing.

Maybe if they had been, Sibella wouldn't be standing there now.

Blending in with a host of other travelers, she warily followed along the line of people being let through the city gates.

"State your business here," asked one of the guards when it was her turn. Sibella had to pause for a moment and think. She couldn't very well say she was a princess escaping an invasion and seeking asylum... would he even believe her? It'd taken her weeks to travel here and by now her clothes were worn and battered. There was a ring she had for proof, but a country that was as small and tucked away as hers... would it even be recognized?

Even so, she was alone and couldn't be sure of who nearby was safe or dangerous.

"I am only a traveler," she finally stated and was waved on through into the city.

Princess Sibella wandered into the city, unsure of where to go next. Through her journey she'd met a few kind people that offered a limited amount of information. The Beareken Empire was something to be feared and marveled. It could be a safe place for her and perhaps even an alley in getting her homeland back. ...but she doubted she could march up to a castle and demand audience with their king.

She also needed food and somewhere to sleep, yet her pockets were dangerously close to being empty.

So Sibella wandered through the city streets, listening carefully to conversations as she passed by and keeping an keen out for something or someone that might be useful.

Reactions: LoveandHate91
“Thank you lord Asure. The tower of the Eternal Eye will be a great addition to our growing town.” Zanna said looking up the large tower and seeing the orb at the top form. As the member writhing the tower was transformed into a less then human form. But it connected the willing individual to the orb. Giving him if he can still be called a him a great view over the board lands. And that would allow him to see any approaching army’s and enough times to close and seal the gates and prepare for war.

“It is no problem general Zanna we are both in this empire together your success is also my success but I do need to get back to my city.” Asure would say as he pulled himself onto his Drake as it took off into the air and departed.

Zanna would climb upon her own horse and Travel through the town. She would look to all the new arrivals seeing if any of them need help. Most weren’t aware of the two inns. One was a normal wood built building while the second was built in the caves of the mountains. Which was continuously growing as the caves were being mined out.

The town was still new but it’s getting created and it’s thriving. But she could have done this without the help of General Asure. Not only did he help the creation of the Tower if the Eternal eye but he also offered one of his captains. Captain Astrid who is very famous beast tamer. As well as the warforged going under the name Siege.

It was in that moment when Zanna passed by that the little old lady Princess Sibella was keeping company with, pointed at the woman mounted on here steed. As far as Sibella had learned, and you could learn so much from the elderly, the horsed woman could lead her to a connection with the royal family. ...or a court of seats.

Oh, this place was so confusing to Sibella! Her kingdom was so small, these more complex places seemed so intricate and intimidating.

Maybe that was why, instead of calling out to the General, Princess Sibella kept a safe distance. Wrapped securely in her unassuming cloak, she followed behind her, debating what her next move would be. Would the woman simply go to her private home? To the castle itself? Sibella made sure to keep up.

None of the travelers seemed to ask her anything so most must know where they were going. But then again Zanna was a intimidation women in full battle armor atop a large black horse. So many just looked at her from afar.

The day was long as Zanna had many meetings she meet her two newest captains for the gate the monster maker Astrid as well as the Warforged Siege. As of right now that’s all she needed.

Zanna would stop at her makeshift house a small wooden building it would suffice until the better craftsman showed up and began their work on making this a proper city. Zanna would walk her horse to the stables before dismounting.

It was an exhausting route through the city, trailing after Zanna and watching her do her work. But for Sibella, being sure this woman was safe to contact was imperative. There was a great risk in contacting someone powerful and unknown.

Once Zanna had dismounted her horse, Princess Sibella had gathered up enough courage to finally approach. Appearance wise, she didn't look like much. Her hair was a light mousey brown in a long braid, and it was clear but the smudges on her face she hadn't had a bath for some time. The cloak she wore was also a dull brown, tattered and worn. Underneath, covered by the filthy cloak there was a hint of a soft blue satin, but again so ripped and covered in stains that the quality was hard to tell at a glance.

She was also quite small. Old enough that she was clearly wasn't a child and carried herself with the confidence of an adult, but still young enough that there were no age links or wrinkles in her skin.

"Pardon me, miss General. If I could speak with you a few moments?" she questioned gently.

After arriving home and dismounting from her horse. She could hear a voice from behind her. It was gentle and female, meaning she could fill a little at ease it wasn’t another assassin sent by Panzer as he had very little confidence in women. Thinking they server nothing more then just breeders.

As Zanna took in the figure she could tell her species but she could tell her journey was a long one, judging be there look of her cloak. “You can would you like to come inside and take a seat?” Zanna would question as she tried to spot any weapons on the figure in front of her. It never hurt to be cautious.

“It looks like you could use a nice seat and maybe a meal, a bath might also be in order.” Zanna said she leans against her gate to see how this figure would answer.

Sibella couldn't deny that a meal and a bath sounded like absolute heaven in that moment, and she was surprised by the open kindness of the General. Though maybe also a little embarrassed that a bath was suggested at all. She supposed in her long a hurried escape, Sibella hadn't thought too deeply about how her appearance would come across the nobility. It had been an necessity to look as unassuming and unremarkable as possible.

Even now she was hesitant to announce in broad daylight who she really was, on chance that someone unsavory might be lurking and listening nearby.

"I- Yes. Yes, I would like to come inside very much. Thank you." she responded.

“Hopefully you are ok with the meal having some meat in it. If you deny meat that might be hard as I’ve had a stew sit over a fire all day with a maid watching over it.” Zanna would lead the women into her home and into the kitchen.

“If you excuse me for a bit I’m going to dismiss the made for the day change out of my armor and get us some bowls of food.” At that Zanna would disappear snd it would be about thirty minutes before she returned. It seemed when not in her dark armor she still preferred dark cloths that were quite plain. And with her were two bowls.

“Hope you enjoy it water was used to boil up both rabbit and Land angler meat, along with kale.” Zanna put a spoon next to Sibella’s bowl and took her seat. “Ok so now let’s talk while we eat, first who are you we never discussed that outside.” Zanna placed a large knife next to her bowl that seemed out of place clearly she was ready to defend herself if necessary.

While General Zanna was changing into civilian clothing, Sibella had waited patiently just observing the General's home. The place wasn't grand or extravangant in a way Sibella would have expected for a general in such a large empire. This, in Sibella's opinion, along with Zanna's open kindness proved to Sibella that the general might be a trustworthy ally.

Of course when the general returned with a meal and sat down with a large knife, Sibella also knew this was a woman who would not be trifled with.

Graciously Sibella took a seat herself and removed the hood from her cloak. Though the stew smelled amazing and her stomach was practically churning from hungar, Sibella felt it more important to explain why she was there.

"I have traveled far from a valley kingdom so deep in the mountains that for quite a long time we were unheard of, and thus quite safe..." she started softly. "But an enemy came, with great terrible beasts that overtook our valley and destroyed our villages. It was almost impossible to escape, that now I am all that's left of the Mianmoor royal family. They've taken my valley and my people and now I have come to seek aid."

Zanna studied the giro while she explained who she was. And where she was from, clearly it was a unheard kingdom tucked away because this was the first time Zanna heard of it. “Sorry to dishearten you on the matter but their isn’t much I can do to help. This seems like a matter that would need to be brought before the ruling council. A council meeting is set for a couple days and each leader is usually able to bring one or two people with them. I could take you Sith and you could then explain your plight to the council.”

Zanna would let what she said hang in the air for a little big before speaking again. “And I already know a few of the responses that we will get since your are a outsider and female their are a few leaders to think you arnt even worth the time or effort to help. Panzer for one will just think that because your a women and I’ve had problems with him even since I gained a leadership position. Others may think low just because you’re from a unheard kingdom. But there is a way to earn respect such as completing one of the Beareken trials. Which are a series of deadly trials most will complete kn order to prove their strength. I can give info on all of them as I completed all the trials in my younger years.”

“And you must know this if the Beareken Empire does decide to help you your kingdom will have to join the Empire. Though you may still be able to rule as you like you’ll still answer to our Emperor. And he might send someone with you to help keep your kingdom in the Empire.” Zanna would watch the young women to see how she would react to the news that Zanna just shared with her.

Quite a look of horror fell across her face at the thought of having to participate in deadly trials. Even if Princess Sibella hadn't come from a culture of peace, with little background in the arts of battle and warfare - she simply physically was not capable! She was too small, too thin, and there wasn't an ounce of muscle on her. Just trying to make it out of her Kingdom alive had been a miraculous feat, and then her long journey there...

Sibella shook her head softly, a small frown forming.

"I am not a warrior and have no physical prowess to speak of. If I must prove myself somehow to be heard, then it must be in a different way. As for joining the Empire... That feels a fair request in exchange for aide. If your Empire is just and kind, then I would be happy to participate in an alliance."

“It would only take a single trial but not all of them deal with being a strong warrior and you could even try a trial out with someone’s help. But we can discuss that at a later time if we must.”

“The Prince would probably be one of the runs to rule your kingdom with you as he currently doesn’t rule any part of the kingdom yet. And we will have to discuss this with the council because being in two wars at once isn’t the best thing for even a Empire that specializes in conquest.”

“But yes I can bring you to the council do you can discuss your plight.” Zanna said as she ate some of her food. “But before then you’ll need to eat, clean and rest up before that meeting.”

Princess Sibella gave this some serious consideration. If the trials didn't have to be of physical prowess, she might actually have a chance to prove her worth. Though her Kingdom was small and reclusive, Sibella had always did well in her studies and figure a trial of the mind might just be achievable. Especially if she were allowed to have a champion for assistance.

Of course, she would have to convince someone to be her champion! She was still alone yet.

Having a Prince assigned to rule her kingdom was less appealing for Sibella, but as royalty she was already well used to the politics that came with it. Especially when she was not the original heir. Had her country not been invaded, at some point she would've been betrothed to some fop of a noble as her brother took over as King. But with her family dead and buried, it was up to Sibella to make new arrangements. She certainly was not going to become a figurehead of her own country as someone else took over... but perhaps old fashion tactics of marriages and alliances could still be useful.

"Yes, it would be nice to finally rest and I would like to put my best face forward when meeting your council," Sibella agreed. She decided this Zanna, though curt and a bit to the point, was quite nice and could be a trustworthy ally. ...at least Sibella hoped.

"Thank you for your assistance, General Zanna."

“If you want to take it into consideration I could look into the trails again and see if any work better without putting you in some kind of battle. I’d have to look into it more because some just test your ability to survive such as the trail of fire or water. And like I said you might find someone to assist you and I might be willing to do it.”

“And even if the Prince coming out to help rule isn’t appealing you could always try to someone else to rule with you but Prince Riven would be the obvious choice.”

“It is no problem princess though we may have just meet I’m not one known for just turning away those in need. And while it might be selfish helping get another kingdom into the Empire will help increase my standing in the council. But maybe enough talking for a bit as I think I can still hear your stomach growling so it has been a while since you’ve had a good filling meal, or I assume it has been.”

General Zanna brushed off her kindness as simply being a personal agenda to increase her own standing, but Sibella could see this woman had a genuine care for others and it cemented her decision that the General could be a good ally.

Smiling and nodding her head, the princess immediately set herself to taking a few bites of stew, almost audibly sighing in relief to have something substantial in her stomach. It was a bonus that the meal had a pleasant favor.

"Thank you, General. Your kindness and hospitality are appreciated. Traveling this far has been no easy ordeal, and I fear had I not come across you and your city I am not sure how much further I could have gone."

Even though Zanna said that getting another kingdom would increase her own standing Sibella still thanked her for the kindness and hospitality that she offered.

“Offering kindness and hospitality doesn’t cost me anything really so I have no problem offering that to a possible ally.” Zanna would say as she finished up her food.

She would wait for Sibella to finish as she could show her to the bathing room, and the nearby guest room that she would be using.

Sibella was so grateful to finally have a bath, especially after so many weeks of long travel. She even took the opportunity to wash up her clothing - not ideal, but certainly better than going to bed in her filthy travel wear. Once she finally crawled into the bed of the guest room, the princess was almost immediately asleep. For the first time in quite a while, she didn't need to fear what was outside lurking in the dark. Her sleep came so deeply she didn't even dream, and even come morning she still hadn't awakened.

It wasn't until the early afternoon sun beamed through the windows directly in her face that Sibella finally woke. A little groggy and confused at first about her location, and then with a heavy relieved sigh. ...not that the relief lasted for long. Today was going to be a new challenge, and the princess wasn't sure what to expect even with General Zanna's assistance.

Zanna had gotten up earlier in the day then Sibella who she figured needed a long rest as traveling along the roads alone as a refugee was never safe or easy. Zanna would have left a plate in the table for Sibella if she was wanting to eat, a simple meal eggs, bacon and blood sausage.

Zanna would be tending to her horses brushing out their manes and had gotten a second saddle out of storage and was cleaning it figuring that Sibella would ride to the capital with her.

Today would be interesting she’d probably introduce Sibella to her three captains, Astrid the monster maker, Siege the Warforged, and Hugo the wall.

Well rested, clean, and fed, Sibella found renewed strength in what was surely going to be a long and difficult task in seeking new allies. Despite not having much experience in domestic duties, Sibella did her best to clean up after herself once her breakfast was finished. Then she sought out General Zanna.

Princess Sibella found the woman tending to the horses. At first she didn't interrupt, she simply watched quietly as she tried to reign in her own wild imaginings of what the day would bring. Compared to yesterday, though, the princess appeared to be much better off. Still small and travel worn, but there was a new more determined energy about her.

She cleared her throat politely to announce her presence.

"I am ready to depart when you are, General Zanna. I do thank you for your hosting last evening."

Zanna would look over her shoulder when Sibella announced herself. “Do you know how to ride a horse or will you have to ride on mine or do I need to get a carriage for you? I figured if we left early and made it to the capital it would allow you to meet s few of the more prominent members before the council meets together. I also figured having you meet my captains might help as they might most likely be the ones to help retake your kingdom. If that’s the action the Empire decides to take.” Zanna would say as she finished brushing the mane of her black horse.

“It would probably be good so you have a idea of what kind of alliance you will be getting I have three captains here and each had their own talents.” Zanna would say as she turned to Sibella. If Sibella knew how to ride Zanna would have to put the saddle in the white horse that she had out next to her black stallion.