After the Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Henley told him that he should go to Dimaethor and explain to Thea what was wrong, he said softly, "Alright...I...I'll...I will speak to His Majesty first..." Jasille slowly got to his feet before he walked towards where he had seen Dimaethor run into the forest. Walking into it, it didn't take long for him to hear the sounds of crying.

Kneeling on the ground, his face buried in his hands and his shoulders shaking, Dimaethor was sobbing. Sighing, Jasille knelt down beside him, wrapping an arm around his thin shoulders. "Shush, my king... I am sorry...but Thea and I aren't anything...I feel nothing for her, but as a friend. I...I kissed her because I accidentally did before, when I needed her to be calm and stable...I'm sorry..."

After Dimaethor heard this, he threw his arms around Jasille, sobbing into his shoulder. "I...I just can't stand seeing you kiss her...it's awful..."

"I know, Your Majesty...but you are a king...you will love men much greater than I." Jasille helped him stand up before he led him back to camp, helping him to dry his tears. As they walked, he said, "The river might lead to a lake, so you can bathe, if you want...Or, I suppose you can simply use the river..." He smiled before letting Dimaethor sit next to the fire Henley had started. "Are you hungry, Your Majesty?" he asked softly, brushing his hair behind his ears.

Seeing that everyone was busy, Nais decided to start the hunting without them. He nodded at Thea, who offered to come along. "I must warn you though. One can never know how the animals in a new area may behave." He pulled out a all knife from a pouch attached to his left leg and approached the thicker part of the forest. "I would hope that it would be alright with the others for you to join me."

He stopped walking before he got too far in and scanned the area, paying close attention to the sounds of the forest. "There are deer here. Really rare meat. It would be good for us if we could catch some. We can eat what we want and sell the rest. Coins are something that we need much off. Particularly while travelling."

Thea nodded, remaining quiet, she pulled out her bow and slid an arrow from the quiver. She saw the look on his face, he didn't expect her to want to hunt. "Jasille told me to come with you, " she whispered to the man. "i've been providing the food for us, I've brought many deer down. If you help me track it, I will take it." She spoke with confidence, though she kept a wary eye on him, the last time she hunted with a strange man he attacked her.

He led her, he was an expert tracker, she was starting to hope she may learn something from him when he held out a hand stopping her. He pointed and without hesitation or hardly time to aim, she shot the arrow. The arrow slid in between the ribs of the deer and it acted as if it would break out in a run, but instead stumbled to its forelegs and fell bleating and kicking out. The heart too damaged to carry on.

She approached it, ripped the arrow out and the deer stopped moving as the blood poured out. She looked up to their new companion with a look of pride. She put her arrows and bow down by a tree and returned to the deer, "can you help butcher it?" She asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.