After the 3rd kind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever was left of Wheeler had since left the room and exited to a place far beyond the reach of any man. Beyond the glass it started to rain again and even thunder. It was an odd storm that rolled into the room like a silver cloud. A flash of light and Orbs filled the room.

In a perfected act a group of Orbs collected in the room above her body. She was lifted off the floor. Her body filled with light as a transformation took place. Her eyes were closed but opened with a bright light coming from within her. A gasp escaped her as she was set back down.

The Orbs left the room and a stillness crept into the room. Lara lay breathing soflty in her side. Perfectly unharmed. Her body whole and she smile in tact. She had never looked more beautiful. Her hair brushed into her face as her breathing was near a plesant sleep. To Lara the dream was warm and sweet. Alex was with her and nothing else mattered. Time wrapped around her like a warm protective blanket.

Alex looked at the spot where the alien had disappeared, he felt as if he had lost something, like a friend had left never to return. His eyes stung, and every muscle and tendon ached, but he found he felt good, he knew who the tracker was, its memories lingered in his head. He knew about Lara, the elders the council of trackers. The one thing the tracker kept from him was knowledge of the orb, but not knowing this Alex looked around the room. Lara lay there, looking more beautiful than ever. He crawled over to her and lay next to her, he wanted to talk to her but was unable to find the words.

Lara could feel someone near her and slowly opened her eyes. She fell into an instant blush as her eyes settled on Alex. "Hi" she whispered. Her eyes felt more love for him than ever before. "Are you okay?" she was very worried about him as her hand touched his cheek and then his hair. She blushed again and smiled. Her fingers touched his hair and gently pulled him into her for a kiss. It was was a wonderful kiss, long and deep. Full of life and passion. She released him and caught her breath. Her cheeks were rosy from the kiss as her heart thundered in her chest. "Oh Alex, I love you.." she confessed as she looked up at him. Nothing else in the world mattered but them.

Alex smiled back, holding her close to him. “I'm ok. That thing, it gave its memories. It told me everything. You, the elders..” he touched his nose to hers. “Don't ever think that I'll leave you again, Ok?”

Lara blushed and nuzzled into Alex. Her nightmare was over and now her dreams would come true, she just knew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.