After the 3rd kind

Status
Not open for further replies.
An agent shurgged at Alex's as he talked to himself and the other agent did the same. They were quite as the moved in and out of traffic. The agent with Lara stared into a hand held device as he scanned her from head to toe. He spoke to the other agent but never made eye contact.

"Looks like she has it too, but its only in her head. To bad too, if it keeps growing it will kill her just like it has with all the others.." Agent Wheeler turned around from the front seat and looked at Alex. "Now your going to have to trust us on this, its for your own good, you've been exposed and well this will help."

Before Alex could react the agent with Lara took the moment of Alex looking forward to stick him with the same stuff they gave Lara. He helped Alex lay back as the drug took instant effect. "Ahh he's got it bad.." The two agents in the back took turns checking on Lara and Alex as they arrived at some warehouse on near the ports. It was dark and cold but they moved about in perfect sync.

"Get the girl, we will keep her in quaratine until we know how bad the male is.. watch it, he seems to be waking up.. Carful dont touch him you get his sweat on you your toast..Lets move people time is of the essence"

Lara moaned as they got her hooked up to a few machines and lowered the lights. A mask was sit over her eyes and many little electrodes were hooked up to her head and neck. "She's resting well, we can extract most of the information but its gonna take sometime. She already extensive memory loss." A nurse told agent Wheeler.

"Well do what you can, we might have better luck with the male if that damn smoke didnt make him insane, it has with all the others. We are just lucky we found these two alive" Agent Wheeler touched Lara's face and sighed. "Im sorry honey, we didnt get to you in time and now we have a real mess on our hands, just hang in there alright" He kissed her forehead and walked out.

Down the hall in another similar room Alex lay on a bed with the same eye mask and electrodes. "Wheeler he's not coming around as thouht, he's been infected and well were not sure if he will make it." Agent Wheeler walked over to Alex with a surgical mask over his face. "hang in there kid, we need you alive.." He stepped back as they secured a few straps to his arms to keep him from hitting him self. They already knew that he was bound to flip out, all the others hand. "Wheeler, will he be okay/" a nurse asked him before he left the room. "Im not sure, just.. just keep him cool and watch the progress of that virus.. we cant loose another one, it would be to hard on Lara to make her start all over again.. things are bad enough for her as it is.. poor girls been living the same week for two years now.. no we have to fight this one, stay on it" he looked at her firmly but with a hint of kindness in his eyes.

As he slipped into unconsciousness Alex didn't take his eyes off of Lara.

'Now you've done it, say goodbye... to everything'

He moaned slightly it sounded like a plea but it was too faint to make out.

'Should have gotten out when you had the chance, too late now'

His dreams where filled with restless thoughts, the voice was there too, it was always there. Even when it was quiet he could feel it, feeding, growing.

He moaned slightly wondering why he couldn't open his eyes, his head was filled with visions a corridor lights.

“Get away from me.” he pleaded. “Let me see her.” “Get it out.”

time passed, he only had the voice for company, silent for now, but still there. He felt he was on a bed, he couldn't see anything but he knew there where people around him. “Have they come for me?” he asked himself.

'You put your foot in it, everything is your fault.'

“Please not now. Please....”

'Its because you're weak, because you can't even protect yourself, you're nothing. She deserves better than you, you should just die.'

“NOOO! PLEASE STOP.”

He struggled against the straps holding him down, he wanted to rip the thing out of his head, to claw it out and grind it beneath his feet. His hands balled into fists and his back arched, his head straining against the mask as his neck muscles went into spasm. His heat rate skyrocketed dangerously and his nails cut into the palm of his hands. He screamed against the inside of the mask desperate to get at the thing in his head.

'Weak, pathetic, not even worthy of that crazy slut's affections. You will die in this bed, and noone will notice you're gone. Its too late now..... Too late.......Always too late....'

His struggling ceased and all that has heard from him where quite sobs, and the constant pleading for silence.

The nurse that was with Lara was called to help the two others that had been with Alex. "CODE 9 He is really lossing it call Wheeler we have to act now or it will be to late, that fucking thing WILL KILL HIM!" the lead nurse got a few shots ready as the other two helped try to calm Alex down.

"Shhh its okay just breath.. breath.. listen to my voice.. stay with me okay.. its okay" A nurse touched the top of his head and tried to settle him down as he moved and twisted, the starps nearly breaking.

"Here put these in his hands or he will cut his own flesh.." A nurse got his hands open with a great amount of effort and jammed thick rolls of cotton into his fist. "Hes strong thats for sure.. here now that that line and start a drip of A-19 it will help." They worked on for almost twenty mintues before they started to slow down.

"Poor thing, we have to get the key from the girl, she is the only one that can get this thing out of him" the nurse covered Alex up as the meds in the two drop IV's seemed to be working.

"Yeah well thats Wheelers call, once they are in the chamber things might go wrong, we found that out with that son-of-a-bitch Scott, he was only using her for sex that fucked up piece of shit. Im glad that they Xynthalians killed him. They only wanted the key not some girl to be assulted over and over.. what an ass.." The lead nurse snapped of her gloves just as Wheeler showed up. Panting he looked around. "Well is he okay, whats going on?

Before she left the lead nurse turned around. "Look Wheeler Im all for true love and shit but if they dont get into the chamber soon, he's a gonner and she wont be to long after. That virus is savage and its killing him from the inside out." She eyed him hard and left the room. Wheeler looked at Alex and sighed. "Fine get Lara ready, we have to do this now or they will both die, she might hate me later but its for her own damn good" Wheeler left the room and their was a buzz of activity. Lara was moved from her room and so was Alex, they were placed in a lager but more comfortable room. Both laying on the same bed and the lights turned down low.

"Que up Lara, we need her to get him going, once they start dont let her passout, it will kill him.. he has no idea that this one act will save his life and that of millions of others.. Once she starts to speak whatever comes out make sure we record it and anylize is all." Wheeler closed the door to the room and everyone waited with baited breath.

Alex could feel the multitude of needles in his arms, the light buzz of conversation. He couldn't hear the words. They where just muffled sounds, he lay there, he tried to name the buzzings. He was in agony, the dull ache followed in the wake of the anger, the hate of the thing inside his head.

'You can't fight me, I'll always be here'

He moaned, they where still around him, another prick in his arm and the sound around him became clearer. With a lot of effort he pulled himself together, the voice was quiet, it seemed to be waiting, it was listening, he could feel it taking in the conversation around him. It did not like what it heard.

'I hoped we would have more time together, but it seems its almost over, soon you'll be at peace'

He could feel his bed moving, wheeled down the corridor the itch in his head was moving too it fed on his hatred of it, trying to drive him to attack it again.

'Come on you pussy, perhaps you'll see you whore again in the afterlife'

He twitched, feeling sick, but he didn't answer, he wouldn't give it anything to go on, the bed turned a corner. Was he going to surgery? Where they about to cut the thing out of his head?

The thing dug into his mind searching for memories to use, it was getting desperate.

'Your family hate you, your brother thinks you're a freak. You drove your mother to death, she died because of you. You are your father's biggest regret'

Alex clenched his teeth, his hatred for the voice growing, he could feel himself slipping, the had better hurry with whatever they where doing, he couldn't open his eyes, it wouldn't let him, he couldn't speak, it wouldn't let him, he lay there, trying not to give into the rising desire to bash his own head open.

“You're afraid.” he threw the thought at the itch, “You know they're going to cut out, and whatever is left of me will be free of you.” his thoughts where more of a prayer than anything based on knowledge, and the thing sensed his ignorance.

'You really think they want to help you? They just want to cut you open and poke around a bit. They don't care if you live or die, they just want their kicks, the only way to stop becoming like her it to take the way out'

Visions of suicide flashed though his mind, and he convulsed, he was loosing, he wanted death, it was better than being trapped inside his head with that thing. The bed entered a room and he was transferred onto another bed, he struggled and was able to open his eyes. This was not surgery...

'Run, its all you're good for. You worthless excuse for a man. Get up and run, before they begin their fun. Or are you too weak to even try to save your precious little crazy bitch, who knows maybe she'll give you a taste. I know you want her, god on, the door is right there'

His hands flew to his face, he could take it no more................

The thing sent more visions, blissful death waited for him, he need only take it.

A voice filled the room "Lara! do it now, so help me god do your job! Thats an order" It was Wheeler's voice and Lara sat up from the bed and groaned as she held her head in her hands. She got a nasty head rush and then looking around realized she was in the transfer chamber" Looking at Alex then up at the blackness above them she shouted back "I cant he will hurt me just like.." she looked down in shame.

"No he wont now save his life... it will kill you both.. " Wheeler barked at her and then fell silent. Lara looked at her Ducky and blushed. She could see him pain and almost hear the anger, hurt and rage that was eating him up inside.

"Ducky, I know your in there, please trust me.. okay" Lara was bright pink as she looked up at the pitch black ceiling. "Stop looking you freaks!" a noise could be heard and then Lara blushed once more looking back at Alex. She slowly moved closer to him on the bed and with ease she straddled him and touched his face. She knew it would take all she had to hold him down. She hoped it would be enough to win over the evil caster that ate at his mind.

"I do love you..." she whispered in his ear as she started to kiss him and at the sametime hold his arms and shoulders down. Her hips moved into his as she pressed into him. She wanted to wake him up to drive him into a passion of lust and desire. The only things that could win over the madness of distruction that was eating at his mind and killing his soul. "Oh Ducky wake up.. please" Lara begged him as she undid her top and worked on his. Her top flung away as she kissed him and touched him. It felt strange that he was just laying there but she knew he would just have to wake, she prayed it wasnt to late.

"Oh Ducky please" she kissed him more, deeply and with desire that was swelling up inside her. She worked off all her clothes and got under the blankets with him. She worked at his jeans and got them off and almost fell out of the bed trying. She giggled and pounced on him again. Her perfec breast bounced as her naked form pressed into him. She could feel a part of him waking up. That was it she almost got it. She worked at his boxers and blushed. This was it, she was shaking as she touched him and nearly blacked out. A voice boomed again.

"easy... Im not watching but take your time the caster might tranfer into you and kill you too... " Wheeler was silent as Lara panted. "Ducky come on.. wake up.. please.. we have too. I mean oh god, dont make me do this alone.. Its to weird.." Lara blinked as her eyes filled with the same symbols and strange numbers, that music from before filled the air and she gasped as she moved over him and he entered her. She whimpered as the world seemed to stop and above them were only stars. Lights from other planets and stars filled the room. They were no longer in the room on earth they were high above it all. She leaned into him as the caster started to die. "Duckyyyy" she moaned as her body moved on top of his.. She panted and gasped as everything whirled around. Was this it, was she about to die.. or had it been enough..enough to save his life and her's. Was the evil caster gone with him? She felt the anger and rage fill her with fear as she moved. Whimpering it gripped her mind and tore at her senses.

"You cant have him.. you are not worthy... you will.. I will.."

Then music grew louder blocking her of all thoughts, strange numbers and letters filled filled the bare walls of the room their bodies were in. Lara's head fell back as a strange musical sound filled the air. "Get that.. record that.. thats the key... hurry up... " Wheeler gave the orders as the control room above the chamber was buzzing with actitivy no one saw what was happing all they knew was they were getting results.

There where voices around him again, but it wouldn't allow him to hear. He was trapped, the thing that was taking over his mind didn't want him to hear, didn't want him to see. He fought against it, his only weapons he had being anger and hate.

'Its time, your pathetic existence will be over soon. No loss to anyone'

A jolt of pain shot through him, tearing at his mind.

“Ducky, I know you're in there, please trust me okay?” her voice cut through the muffled ringing in his ears. She was the one thing he could hear clearly.

'The crazy bitcj doesn't even remember your name, how many 'Duckys' do you think shes had'

The voice gripped his squeezing his mind, but he held on to her voice, using it as an anchor, as long as he could hold on to it he could stop himself from slipping. He felt a weight on him, felt soft contact on his face, and the itch was forced back, a minute amount but still....

'She wants to infect you, to turn you into a crazy net-job like her, free yourself, kill her'

“I do love you...”

'LIES! She only wishes to feed, KILL HER!'[color]

He felt soft contact on his face again, he strained to see her, her kisses where wonderful, if only he could return them. She pressed her lips into his and re tried to respond, fighting against the ties the voice gripped his with.

'You're a fool, you always will be, but not for much longer.'

“Ducky please wake up”

'Say goodbye you your whore.'

He felt his shoulders move, the thing was going to hurt her, visions of his hands around her throat, her life ebbing away beneath his fingers. He couldn't let the happen. “Oh Ducky please.”

The tables turned, he held the voice back, he stopped it, denied it his strength. “No, I love her, I won't let you...........” his thought cut through the barriers holding his mind. She had already removed his shirt, and when his jeans where gone he felt her naked form press into his. He wanted her, his desire was rising, and the voice couldn't hold it back. His boxers where gone now, and he felt just the slightest touch.

His hands hound her, caressing her softly as she moved, he was awake now, the thing had been forced into a corner of his mind. She gasped, and he was inside her, his hands curling around her back as she moved on top of him, he could see her naked form above him, his breath heavy as the itch squirmed, flailing, it could sense its demise and in one last desperate attempt tried to leap into Lara's mind. “Laraa..” he whispered, as she moaned, the planets around them stars shining in blankness.

“Laraa...” he tried to warn her, a momentary connection formed between their minds, the thing jumped into her. “Ohh Laraa.” through the connection he felt her passion, he could see the feelings she kept for him, their passion became one, their thoughts became one, “I love you.....” he whispered through the connection letting his feelings flow into her. He could hear the music, he could see the symbols, but all that mattered was Lara, and that fer feelings matched his own.....

Lara fell back as the music and stars started to fade. She fell forward into him limp. "Now people we have to act fast" A voice echoed in the chamber as two doors on the left and right of the bed zipped open. Parties of four moved into the room all dressed in chemical suites. Their breathing was hiss like as they spoke about Alex and Lara like subject matter and not human beings.

"We have to seperate them she might infect him again, we cant take the risk." A person in a suite lifted Lara way like a rag doll. A strecher was moved in and she was covered up and wheeled away. "We got enough of the code, I think we have the key now.." They spoke without even looking at Alex. Two suited figuers moved to the bed. They let him stand on his own as a third covered him up. "You'll be okay now, we are sorry that this happened to you.. come with us, its a big of a chore but in a few days you will be back to your old self again" the men in the suites tried to sound nice but everything was happening so fast. Lara was once again taken away from him and this time she might not come back.

Down the hall voiced filled the air as they talked about her as they moved her. "She's not responding, try the V form 11.. that has to work, we cant loose her.. hurry up." In the other room at the end of the hall people had stopped to watch and listen in the doorway. A nurse tried to shut the door but was called back to work on Lara. "Get Wheeler, get him.. he's the only one that can save her kind.. hurry up" A nurse ran out of the room and bloted past Alex and the other agents. A few of them had already taken of their helmets and watched the seen unfold.

"Odds are that we loose this one too man, the last one died within hours of the transfer.. poor things, just cant be human for long, its just not in their make up I guess." One said to the other.

"Hey fifty bucks she wont make it"

"Make it 75 that she lives for ohh lets say 2 days.."

"Deal" the too smirked and went on to remove the rest of their suits as Wheeler rushed pasted them to Lara.

He touched her head and looked very worried. "Water we need to fill the chamber.. everyone out.. now..Lock it down.."

"But she will drown" a nurse screamed

"No she wont now just do it, bring me survival suit and oxygen.." Wheeler looked at Lara and near tears felt so gulity. "Im sorry L.. Im so sorry.. please dont die like the others.. Im so sorry"

A survival suite and oxygen tanks was brought in just in time. Wheeler was in it and the chamber was sealed off like a huge acqurium. Everyone watched from the windows as 37 degree water filled the room. Now they could only wait. Everyone looked worried but not like they hadnt done this before.

Alex felt dazed, he tried to hold on to Lara as she was taken from him. The thing was gone, he was free of it, but was it in Lara.. He couldn't bear the thought of her going through what he had, no.. please let it be dead, and not in her. He allowed himself to be covered and led away. He didn't feel right, nothing felt right..... He felt hollow, he felt cold, there was something missing......

At first he didn't know or care why the people had gathered here, he wanted to lie down, he wanted the world to go away and leave him in peace. He wanted Lara..... Where was she? His stance was stooped he looked at the floor, nothing felt right.....

Who where they talking about, like they didn't care if they did die, how could they be so cold..... He looked up, through a window in the chamber before him he saw her, she looked..... cold.... why was everything cold?

"Lara...?" he said quietly stepping up to the window as the chamber filled. "LARA!" he beat against the glass until the two men pulled him back..

"Come on, we need to get you to your room and let the nurses have a look at you." one said pulling him down the corridor.

"No... I need her..."

As he was dragged away he began to feel colder, less like himself. "Please........."

He struggled but only weakly the two agents had no problem getting him into the room and onto the bed. There was a monitor showing the chamber with Lara and he fixed his eyes on that and lay unmoving as various tests where performed and monitors where hooked up. Why was everything so cold...............

Wheeler held out as long as he could in the freezing water with Lara until he motioned for a lift and a crane moved over the top of the tank and he grabbed onto the hook. Once he broke the surface he yanked off his mask. "The boy.. I need to talk to the boy.. where is he?" Wheeler was still in his survival suit as he wiggled out of the top half and jogged to see Alex.

Lara meanwhile was still in a lost state. Her body temp was nearing 194 degress. Far beyond that of any normal human being. All the monitors lit up as she passed 200 in seconds. Her small body began to move and change. Her hair seemed to disappear as did her whole body. The only thing left to see on the screen was a small orb moving around. It was only then that the temp stablized and by then Wheeler reached Alex.

"ALEX!!! or um Ducky.. right.. your him right.. you.. you and her... oh my god.. let me catch my breath.. " A few agents came over to help him out the rest of the gear and gave him a silver blanket for warmth.

"Here Wheeler drink this before you go into shock." A nurse gave him some tea looking drink and he sipped it as he pulled up a chair beside Alex. After he took a sip he looked at Alex, his gray wet hair stick up in all directions. He was older by far and maybe looked like he could have been her father, but he just looked like a tired agent at the moment. His wet white shirt with tie was under the top half of the survival suit. They tried to help him out of it but he shoed them away. "I got it I got it.."

He looked at Alex and sipped once more. "Now then Ducky or Alex, umm I'll call you Alex.. Lara is fine, she has stablized. " He let out a sigh and smiled. "Ah man I have been waiting for this day for two years.. I mean shit your the only one that has survived.. and that says a hell of a lot. So far all your test are clear so after you sleep off the umm.. encounter you'll be free to go" He winked at Alex and stood up.

"Thanks Alex, you really saved our asses and well her's too.. " he gave Alex a nod and left the room him his sweaking suit.

As Wheeler had been talking the Orb that was in the tank moved around in wonderful colors. They changed from blueish purple to a warm pink and yellow. It moved around the tank zipping from one end to the other. A nurse noticed the color change and giggled.

"You know what tha means.." she giggled to another nurse as they watched and monitored Alex. "Ah, how sweet.. do you think she will be okay?" The nurses watched again as the Orb grew just a little bit. "Yeah I think that saved her life, besides they will come for so its out of our hands anyway" they kept working on Alex but every once in awhile looked at the screens and smiled softy.

Alex watched him passively he could hear what he was saying but the words had no effect on him. He didn't hear anywhere that he would see Lara again.

He had watched Lara change shape, he knew he should be concerned, but nothing came. “Its gone, isn't it?” he asked flatly, “It passed into her, I felt it, when we connected.” his eyes stayed on the old agent. “Whats happened to her?” his voice showed nothing of the concern he knew he should be feeling. “I think it took something from me, when it left.

The equipment next to his bed showed his heart-rate and breathing to be average, exactly average, his face has expressionless. He had survived what noone had before, but he didn't feel............ anything.

“I think I lave her.” he said, though he didn't feel it, he knew what he had felt, what he had seen in her mind, but now nothing......

(sory its so short)

"What you want to see her?" Wheeler turned back around and looked at Alex with utter shock. "You do realize she isnt human right. I mean she was in human form but that nearly killed her, none of the others could become fully human most turned out to be bugs or something damn thing..awful really, but you want to see her?"

Wheeler blinked at Alex again and rubbed the back of his neck as the nurse took his empty cup.

"Um sure I guess, communitcation is a bit tricky but well you've come this far, what the hell. Nurse get this man some clothes and show him L okay" She gave him a nod as he turned to go.

"Um if you have any other questions you can ask, its not a crime."

A nurse came over with a pile of clean clothes.

"Here ya go, now their is a delay in the communications, its a processing thing, we are working on it. All you have to do is touch the glass and think of what you want to say."

The nurse motioned toward the massive tank that the Orb/ Lara was in..

"She will hear you and reply in either thought or lights that are a mix of different tones. We have most of the lights written down here by color and meaning. Now bare inminde its what we think they mean, but its really hard to say for sure. If she gets tired she will start to turn blue. Dont do that, its very hard on them. I mean they are very advacned an all but we all get tired. Oh and she hates being called a Xynthalian, she well she thinks she is still human. So yeah your all set, mess hall is down the hall take 2 lefts and 1 right and well if you need help just ask anyone here, no one will hurt you here"

She patted him on the shoulder and left the room. The Orb of Lara moved freely in the tank like a soft spot light that flickered around the tank in warm colors of yellow and pink. A soft glow filled the tank as her light reflected off the lights around the perimiter of the tank. It looked like another world beyond the ultra thick glass.

Alex stared at this Wheeler, of coarse he wanted to speak to her, to see her to touch her........ He had caught a gimps of her mind, her soul............. she wasn't human......... so what? She was still Lara.

He was dressed in new cloths, much better than the hospital gown, just touch the glass and think...? She was psychic? He sat alone in the room looking through the window... that was her? Was she healed now? Did she remember? A though or perhaps fear struck him. Had he been nothing more than a tool? Now that it was over would she even care about him? He watched the ball, there was a haunting beauty in its movements, its soft colorful glow. Slowly his hand reached out, hesitant, half afraid of what talking to her would bring.... but he had to....... he wanted so desperately to talk to her.

His fingers touched the cold glass, fingers spread out, he moved closer his face close to the glass as well...

“Lara........?” he thought. “Lara, its Alex, your Ducky.....” he waited, not knowing if it would work, not knowing what she would be like......

The Orb floated over to the glass where Alex was and lit up even brighter. It flipped and zoomed all over the tank. A brilliant explosion of color. A soft giggle rippled into Alex as she moved around and then back to the glass before him. Her mind and heart spoke to him.

"..Im ok dducky" there was a soft pluse to the glass as the Orb moved almsot through the glass. Just as quickly as it came it flashed backwards.

"no go duc" were her last words before a series of lights went off and a group ran past Alex.

"We have company kid, look sharp" Wheeler ran past in a gray uniform. "Dress up you" He tossed him a tan over sport coat and called back over his shoulder "its them, so be nice.." the group hussled down the long hall and turned. The Lara blinked a series of orange and green then started to go blue. A nurse came by and touched Alex on the arm.

"Honey she needs her rest.. come on we have to meet with the elders.." she blinked and looked worried but was trying to be kind. "Im sure it will all work out besides maybe you can go with her." she smiled and let out a sigh. "besides you should be with her, its not right to leave her alone in her state" the nurse touched her lip as soon as the words came out and another nurse walked up.

"What the hell are telling him? You have not right to go blabbing confidental information... go do your rounds before I have Wheeler terminate you." her angry eyes stabbed into Alex.

"Well looks like your in the spot light Daddy.. and you better not screw it up!" she nudged him way from the tank. "Come on they are waiting for you"

Alex pressed his fingers into the glass, he didn't want to leave her.. “They say I have to go now...... Sorry I have to leave... I'll try to visit you again..” he had no idea if he would be able to, if he would ever see her again.. “I DO love you...” his fingers slipped from the glass as he alowed himself to be nudged away.

He pulled on the coat, still not having a clue what was going on, someone had arrived.... could it really be <i>them</i>? Had then come to take her away? What would they do to him? Only questions, the answers there waiting up ahead, and he feared them.... But he would not let Lara down, he had promised...

Everyone was gathered in a huge room that had a ceiling that seemed to go on into the nights sky its self. Wheeler looked nervus as he spoke with another agent holding a notebook in his arms. He was talking into his headset as the roof seemed to open to the night sky. The walls seemed to peel back and then their was a flash of light and mist filled the room. "Okay people move out" Wheeler gave the order and everyone started to file out.

"Seems like a waste of time if you aske me, I mean I was winning this battle on World of WarCraft, but no I had to come here just to flip one damn switch." An agent was bitching to another as they left the room and even more were also complaing.

"Wheeler, look they have the goods, and the girl what the hell.. cant we just drop it now?" One agent snapped at Wheeler.

Agent Wheeler turned around and backhanded the kid. He was sent flying backwards into a desk, scattering the paper work and keyboard. "Dont you EVER!!! EVER!! question me, do you understand. We are this close... this close to getting the code to move through worm-holes that will take us to completely new worlds and I will NOT have you fucking it up! Do you understand.." Wheeler was done yelling at him as the others scattered quickly. The kid was quick to follow.

Wheeler turned to Alex and tried to compose himself. He fixed his colar and took a deep breath. "Okay.. now that you truly know everything.. its up to you. You can go with them as they have asked since you are in part the reason why their earthly host is umm now pregant. Or you can stay here and try to have a normal life, like you did before. Think about it and if you want to see them or talk to them they are with L."

Wheeler nodded toward the tank from before and sighed. "Umm dont ask I um miss understood their arrival information.. just go..details.. details.." He rubbed his temples and was about to leave when a nurse came running into the room.

"Alex.. come quick.. its happening.. you'll miss it hurry" the nurse bolted back down the hallway to the tank. It was full of color and light like never before. A soft warm glow filled the whole tank and hallway. "Oh my god.. she's chossen you.." was all the nurse said as she went to the control panel to watch for vitals. Wheeler ran in behind them and looked around covering his eyes.. "She isnt coming back is she.. I thought it would killer her and .. the life form.. I mean.. its its.. impossible.."

Before Alex had time to think, or even react, the nurse arrived, pregnant? how could they tell? how long had he been on that bed? what was happening? he rushed to the glass and pressed against it. Was she ok? "Lara..." he tried talking to her through the glass, just like before. "Lara, whats happening? Are you alright?" he tried to see through the light... "Lara.. they've given me the choice.... Wheeler said so... I want to go with you....." he pressed against the glass, not covering his eyes, he wanted to get closer to her, he wanted to be with her... to see her through this...

The light filled the chamber so much that everyone was starting to back out of it. "Im here" her voice filled the air as her form moved in the tank. It looked like she was sinking as the light started to die down. Wheeler noticed it and order the tank be emptied.

"DRAIN THE VAULT NOW!!! DRAIN IT..." the was a rushing sound as from six sides the tank emptied and Lara soon lay right inside the glass, right infront of Alex at the bottom. She was naked and shivering but otherwise okay.

"Gets these doors open now.. hurry up.." but they were opening. "Open the doors" Wheeler demanded. "They are locked I dont know.." the men shouted back.

While Wheeler and the others tried the door something odd happened. Lara seemed to open her eyes and look at Alex. She smiled and reached out to him and as she did so, she pulled Alex into the chamber with her. She blushed and smiled at him as he now stood before her. "Im.. Im okay Ducky..Im.. okay" she blushed and was still shaking but looked perfect as the others stared in utter amazment.

Alex smiled at her through the glass, oblivious to the shouts around him. His smile only broadened as her eyes opened. Her hand came through the glass and he found himself inside the tank with her. He looked around in surprise, before his eyes found hers.

He smiled warmly, the sight of her filling him with a pleasant warm feeling."Wheeler told me." he said softly, putting his arms around her. "I want to stay with you, no matter what that means." his voice was soft but determined.

Lara curled into him as the shouts kept filling the air. It was like nothing else mattered. As they held each other a blue light started to fill the tank. Her words came like a whisper. "Dont let go" was all she said before the two of them vanished from the tank. As soon as the doors were opened, all the agents spilled into an empty chamber.

"What the.. where are they, what happened.. ?? I need answers people and I want the NOW!!" Wheeler demanded as he kicked a door and left the chamber. All the others just shrugged and got back to work.

Laras long hair covred most of her as little strangs flew around in the air. Her eyes were closed as they seemed to move through time and space alike. It was like a soft sqeeze while flying. All around them the blue light cradled them until Lara opened her eyes and blushed. They had arrived to a new place where they would be safe. It was all out her hands, but she wouldnt do what they wanted without him. So they gave her the power to transport him to a new home.

A little bird sang in the window of the apartment. Down below a little horn honked and life seemed to go on as normal. Lara looked at up Alex and blushed. "Im tired.." her eyes closed as she lay back in the bed they landed in. They were still on earth and she as more beautiful then ever as she lay in his arm. The warm smell of fresh baked bread and strange voices filled the air. Everyone was talking and laughing like the noise from a resturarnt but what where they saying.. could it be French.. No it was German.

Alex could do nothing except hold her close to him as they traveled, he had no idea where they where going but he trusted her. There was that blue light, it was every where, soft, warm, and comforting. Then they where there... wherever there was....

He looked around, definatly Earth, or some place very like it. The voices drifting through the window where........ German? Swiss? Swedish? He smiled at her, holding her as she closed her eyes. He lightly brushed his lips against her cheek before lying back.. Where exactly they where didn't matter, he could figure it out later. They where together, that's all that mattered. He closed his eyes, definatly German.....

Status
Not open for further replies.