After the 3rd kind

Status
Not open for further replies.
(its okay)

Lara sat up and looked at him. "You dont remember.. what do you mean you dont remember, its all ever think about it never leaves me I have to try and try not to listen to it, it hurts my ears and blinds my days.. I mean its in everything I touch and everything I do. I hate it never stops, it never stops.." Lara was breathing faster and faster as she got to feet and looked around like she was being watched. "I.. I have to go.. I dont want to hear it make it stop.." Lara started to run in the park with no direction holding her hands over her ears. She wasnt very fast or able to hear anything very well as she ran. Her heat hammered in her chest as tears filled her eyes. "make it stop.. she kept saying as she half ran and half walked at complete random.."

Once again Alex was surprised by a sudden and dramatic reaction from Lara. "Lara." he called to her getting up quickly, it took him a moment to figure out where they where, "Oh." was all he said before sitting down again. He hadn't come to this place since it had happened. He felt cold again he felt cold, and tired, most of his just wanted to drop to the ground. Struggling to his feet he walked a few unsteady steps after Lara before everything seemed to close in around him. He had been a different person before, and now he was lost, in his memories, confused, a guest in his own mind. He saw them again, but it was just a memory, or perhaps they had come again.

He couldn't tell memory from present as he dashed after Lara, he could hear them their faces hid in every shadow, not the boggy ones this time, these where the ones from his sketches,their pencil lines mocking his attempt to get to the running girl before they did. They where all around him now, the memories, and the music too. Its haunting notes playing in his head. He fell to his knees gripping his head wishing more than anything to be somewhere else.

Lara had reached the edge of the park when a car going by came to a sudden halt. The tires screamed as it nearly hit her. The man jumped out and yelled at Lara. Then he stopped yelling at her and noticed that she wasnt alright. "Hey hey whats wrong.. you okay.." Lara was a mess and crying not making any sense. Another car stopped and this one happened to be a cop car. Instantly his lights were on as the man helped Lara into his car. Right before the cops got near the man and Lara the man reached into his pocket and cliked a small device. It turned something off and made Lara blink.
"Whats going everyone alright here..?" The officer asked.

"Yes Officer Im her doctor I can take care of her.. I think some guy may have hurt her in the park." The self proclaimed doctor helped Lara into his car. As soon as the man closed the car door the music stopped. Lara blinked and rubbed her eyes. Where was she? Where was Alex? The man was well dressed and flashed a nice smile as the cops went into the park with their bright flashlights. The man got back in the car and put his hand on Laras leg. "I knew I'd find you here my love, just next time be more careful, I dont want to hit with my car for Christ sake."

The man smiled as she let out a small gasp. "Yeas I know its a shock my pet but he'll be okay. Docs here and everything will be just fine. Right now we just need to take you home to get ride of the demons inside your mind" as he spoke his hand moved up her leg making her scream. She tried to move but he gripped her leg tighter. "OH no, your not getting away from me again... " Lara tried the window but it was locked and so was the door. "DUCKYYY!!!" Lara screamed as the black BMW sped off into the night.

As Alex sunk to the ground he closed his eyes trying to shut them out. They had him this time, he could feel them watching, without Lara he didn't know is he still had the strength to hold them out of his mind. "Please leave me alone!." he pleaded "I have nothing left to give you." his voice say below a moan in pitch as he fell the rest of the way to the ground. "Lara..... I'm sorry."

The police officer found him on his side whispering unintelligibly and immediately took him into custody where he spent the night alternately lying on the cot, or shouting a the guards to find Lara. "You thing this is one of Dr. Scot's patients?"

"Couldn't hurt to try to get rid of him and saddle him with the good Doctor."

One of the guards picked up the phone, it was around 10am at this point.

"Hello doctor, I think we found another of your patients in the park, keeps going on about bug-men and someone called Lara.

The doc picked up the phone and smiled behind the recevier. He knew it wasnt going to take long before they called. He had gotten what he wanted from Lara hours before and her tired body still lay in his bed. He gave her enough meds to kill any relavent memories. He smirked as he spoke. "Ill send a car to get him, he is new and well not taking well to the treatment or medication, I am sorry for the inconviance."

He hung up the phone and then speed dailed a number and dispacted a black sedan to pick up Alex. In the mean time he wanted to spend some more time with Lara before she woke up her medicated state. His lips wrinked into a sick smirk as he went back into his room and started to undo his pants.

“Finally.” Alex exclaimed as the guard came to unlock his cell, he was lead by the arm towards the front of the precinct, “We do apologies sir, we didn't know you where getting help, now this car will take you home. You'll be safe there.” the officer said leading Alex to a black sedan. “What?” Alex exclaimed, before deciding they had probably gotten his address from his records, “Thanks you, but I need to find Lara, I think they took her.” he said adimently. “There is no mention of a Lara in his files, do you think she even exists?” one officer whispered to another. “Poor guy, the doctor will have his hands full. Says here he suffered a metal breakdown five years ago.”

Two of the officers forced Alex into the car and banged the door closed before signaling to the driver he was free to go. “I just hope the doctor keeps better track of him in future, the last thing we need are crazies running around.

The doc was smiling as he left Lara alone once more and popped his neck as he closed the door. He lingered in the doorway and looked at her naked body. She was perfect and if he had done his job right his new employer would me most please with his efforts at starting a new breed here on earth. As long as he kept her thinking it was a dream he was set.

He had forgetten to given her another shot before he closed the door behind him. His mind was set on getting Alex. He then set up a few viles on a silver tray for his new arrival. He had to make sure that he didnt mess this up. He had promised to give them someone new, yet someone they had tried to get before. What luck that Lara would find someone that had already heard the music. The doc looked around to make sure that his high end loft looked the part. The fireplace was glowing, the night sky line was perfect, he even get out two glasses of brandy just incase.

Everything was in its place when the phone rang once. It was the driver and moments later he knew the elevator would bring Alex. He waited for his new guest and just knew that he would be rewarded heavily for bringing Alex back into the fold.

Alex was having an argument with the driver, or he would be if he would answer back. “WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME?” he shouted “THIS IS NOT WHERE I LIVE!” he had been growing more and more desperate, he needed to find Lara, it was all he could think about. They stopped at a large house, whoever owned it must be extremely wealthy, but why was he here? The driver stopped the car and got out. Alex tried the door bu it was locked, looking through the window he saw the driver speak momentously on the phone then he came and opened the door pulling Alex out by the shoulder and forced him into an elevator. “WHAT IS GOING ON?” he shouted as the doors closed “WHAT IS THIS PLACE?” he doors opened and he found himself looking into a fire-lit room, standing in the room looking back at hi was a man. The shout died in his throat, he looked from the window to the silver tray, and to to glasses of whiskey. Alex got te feeling he was going to find out what was going on very soon.

"Ah you must me the mighty Ducky that she has been talking about, come come.. have a drink, everything will be just fine, you'll see. Come sit.. Im Dr. Scott but you can call me Dr. Scott" A sorry joke coming from a very well dressed man. "You look like a smart one, tell me how did your first encounter with them go? Was it hostile or more passive? You see Ive been dying so know since Lara never really told me truth about her encouter and since then I have been forced to well, force information from her.. Its a means to an end.. thats all."

The doc smiled and took a sip from his glass. He could hear Lara waking up and walking around. His expression changed as a
worried look rolled across his face for a split second. His eyes grew wide as he heard the knod to his room turning. She was about to step out and had he forgotten to get her dressed again. Had she gotten dressed on her own or not.. his mind was racing as he tried to be cool with Alex.

Alex didn't move he stood staring at the doctor and stark disbelief, “YOU!” he shouted before calming himself down. He had no proof of anything. “Where is Lara?” he asked “Why am I hear?” he stopped as he heard something moving, someone was walking around in the next room, and the doctor was suddenly looking nervous. “Who is that?” he whispered dangerously, “I escaped them because they couldn't catch me, I has fast.. I was strong.” his eyes narrowed, “They are as weak as humans, they don't like to think so, but I know.” his voice was rising, “They didn't know I knew they where coming and when they did...” He moved towards the doctor his face twisted by the memories, and what he though he had to do. He had to make sure Lara was safe.

The doctor stepped back and started to fiddle for something in his pocket when the door to his room opened. Lara looked out of the room and blinked since it was brighter then the room she was in. "Im gonna be late for work.." was all she said as she came out with her skit twisted, her shirt unbuttoned and untucked. She had one shoe on and was hopping as she tried to get the other one on. "I have that presentation to do, and they have to .. oh hi.. whos this..?" Lara asked as she looked at Alex in utter confusion. "Is he here to fix my picture box?" She pointed at the tv that had been clrealy bashed all to hell. As Lara spoke the doctor went to her side and tried to fix her clothes but she hissed at him and hit him a few times. "Stop it.. stop it.. I dont want any more .. dont touch me... its over.. dont... dont." She fought back tears and as she stepped away from him and knocked over the small tray that held the little viles of clear fluid. Small vapors filled the air as the doctor started to cough. "You stupid bitch... now you've done it.!" The doctor covered his mouth and backed out of room slamming the door behind him and locking it. Lara stood there blinking at the whips of silvery smoke and then looked at Alex. "I hope you dont want to know more either cuz Im tired and he was rough" she pouted as she tried to comb her hair with her fingers.

Alex stared at Lara, once again she didn't seem to know him, he felt sick to the pit of his stomach. And it seemed the doctor had.... no he wouldn't allow himself to think. Tears formed at the corners of his eyes, she really didn't recognize him, but this time the culprit was a person, and within reach. He would protect her if it killed him. He closed his eyes letting the salty liquid slide from each eye before opening them again and moving to the door Dr, Scot had left through, he didn't even glance at Lara, this was something he had to do, to redeem himself as much to remove the thing that had done this to her. He had been hiding for the last five years, it had taken a fool's love for a girl hr hardly knew to get him to act, to was showtime. Using his shoulder as a ram he began trying to force open the door. “I'm coming doctor.” he said a manic taint to his voice, “I still didn't show you how I escaped.”

Lara blinked at Alex and then watched the corners of his eyes. Something inside her woke but only for a second and she went to say something reaching her hand out to touch him but by then he was on the move. He rammed the door and then she didnt know what to think. All she could hear was Alex talking. “I'm coming doctor.” Lara watched Alex go into the room and could hear movement but blocked out all else.

“I still didn't show you how I escaped.” Was the last thing Lara heard before something clicked inside her. She went about getting herself a little more together but never used the mirror in the bathroom. She had crept over to the bathroom nearest the front door and only didnt bother to closed the door. Within the wallpapered cave Lara fumbled with the buttons of her shirt. Her skirt was a lost cause since she didnt even notice it was on sideways.

Her mind was on the buttons of her shirt and thats when it hit her. Something came raging into her mind just like before and she found herself on her knees writting in shaving cream all over the floor and walls. Images and symbols. Numbers and strange letters. Finally she stopped and looked around. She clean her hands on her skirt and stepped out of the bathroom. She felt tired and worn out. She heard nothing and felt nothing as the room seemed to spin on her. She sank down to the floor and hugged her knees to her chest. Never before in her life had she felt so lost, yet so close to the answers she needed most. <!-- / message -->

Alex had given up his chase of the doctor, he was probably long gone by now. He watched Lara from the shadows of the hallway he felt so empty now. His anger at Dr. Scot had dissipated and now there was sadness, sadness for the lost girl who didn't deserve this, who couldn't deserve this. He moved into the room not looking ay her, his eyes felt wet, his feet felt heavy. "What am I meant to do?" he asked the universe in general, he felt helpless, she didn't remember him, but he was still drawn to her, he couldn't protect her, but he had to. He felt like he had given all he had, and it had done nothing. "I'm sorry Lara." he said "Sorry for everything. Sorry I can't help you."

Lara heard someone talking and slowly stood up and looked toward Alex. "Im not Lara.. Im A-442R1.. at least that what they call me." Lara nudged her head toward the massive mirror over the fireplace. "They wont hurt you as long as you give them what they want. I dont have what they want so they will have to look for anotehr woman, someone that can give them what they want.." Lara let out a sigh and walked toward Alex fixing her skirt and hair as she moved. "They are looking for something, I guess we all are. Dont fear them, they wont hurt us. Humans are inferior to them and in that.. its like they arent allowed to hurt us. Humans hurt other humans.. They are angry and violent, savage and uncaring." Lara moved to the mirror and reached up to touch it. She smiled as it moved under her fingers like a mirror pond. Beyond it strange sounds filled the air and a soft glow filled the room. Lara's eyes closed as a light moved from within her, up and out her arm and face and into the glass. Lara's eyes closed as felt limp and her legs buckled. Slowly she sank to the floor, the light didnt let her fall. Her lips moved but the rest of her was calm. "We will no longer hold her to this life, she is yours now. We shall seek out the snake in the grass that used our force for his own evil. Goodbye."

Alex stared. What did this mean? "Lara......." he said uncertainly taking several steps towards her. "Are you.... them?" he asked, "What are you looking for, what do you want from her?" his questions came one after the other, his sense that this could save Lara overcoming his fear.

"I won't let you take her again. She deserves better that the life she has now. It was as if he hadn't heard anything she had said, he needed to say this regardless weather it had an effect of not. "She deserves a full life, she deserves her own body. I would do anything for you as long as you undo what has been done to her. " He was standing right in front of her now trying to see that was going on, the light seemed familiar somehow, and he knew this has the music that had plagued her mind, and he had forgotten. "Please." he said quietly before falling silent. "I think I lo..." he stopped, and waited.

A soft voice filled the air as the mirror reflected back a vision of Lara. She smiled at him and blushed. All around her were vines and strange cords. She looked alright but it was clear she was being held captive. A sudden crash and the doctor stumbled back into the room knocking over an end table and lamp. He was bleeding from his nose and mouth. He went to speak but fell over dead. A small gray shadow moved behind him. His jet black eyes stared at Alex as it moved. It was about the size of a child but it moved faster with a very creepy grace. Lara watched from with in the mirro. "RUN!" she screamed but she knew he couldnt hear her. She fought to get free but she was tangled up in the vines. "Dont hurt him please.." she begged as the creature looked at the mirror and stopped. It seemed to hear her. It stepped toward Lara and then looked at the one in the mirror. It hissed at Alex as its long gray fingers touched her lips. It blinked for a moment and then vanished into the mirror. It could be seen within the mirror cutting the vines that held Lara in place. It grabbed her and shoved her into the mirror but instead of fall through and landing on Alex the Lara at his feet gasped for air and looked up.

Alex didn't move, he had promised to do anything in exchange for Lara's freedom, dieing was was part of that. He watched the shadow approach wondering if it would hurt, or if it would take him away somewhere. He tried to smile at Lara through the mirror, but his face was frozen, she seemed to be screaming. He mouthed the words he had been longing to say confessing why he would do this for her, he was a small price to pay for her freedom.

The shadow entered the mirror and began cutting the Lara there free, then he heard a gasp at his feet and looked down into Lara's newly-opened eyes. He simply smiled before he sat down beside her, gently holding her hand. Are you alright?" he asked softly, not even knowing who he was talking to, Lara, or the one who called herself by numbers, or even if she remembered him.

Lara smiled at Alex and blushed. "Oh my god.. are you alright. Oh my god I never thought they would let me leave.. " Slowly she sat up and let out a sigh. It was like she had been awoken from a very deep sleep. She couldnt help but blush. "I didnt realize that.. you.. that you would die for me.. " Lara smiled and closed her eyes for a moment to regroup. When she opened them back up she gasped and nearly jumped behind Alex. "Oh my god they killed him... he was the one.. I mean he.." Lara was moving away from the body like it was still after her. "He was the one that sold me to them.. he.. was.. he.." she was trembling as she pointed at the doctors body.

"The snake in the grass." Alex repeated, "I think he betrayed their trust, and I think you're free." he said wondering if this was really true. He wondered how she knew he had been willing to die for her, but decided not to pursue it, "Where do you want to go from here, I believe you still owe me a meal. " he half-joked, in fact it was a test of her memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.