After the 3rd kind

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vay

Welcome, This is a private (for now) RP between Inky and myself. Alexander (My character) ruined his life pursuing what up until now he half-hoped was a paranoid delusion. But them he met Lara (Inky's character) who had her life ruined by the same type of event, (only much more severe. And now he wishes to restore her sanity, and maybe in doing so restore a piece of his own.

*An insanities Embrace Spinoff. See IE for detailed backstory*

Alex looked momentarily at the empty corner than back at Lara. "Its just us here, and they haven't found me here." he said calmly, letting her hide under the blanket. "They have never found me here, and this is where I look for them." he said, "I hoped they weren't real. Prayed I was wrong. But then I meg you." he said almost to himself., his facade of strength he maintained cracking. "But I want to thank you for coming into my life."

"but they are real, they come and go here and there and they dont ask. They never ask. I mean Dr. Scott asks but then he just takes. He always just takes and tells me that he is making them go away." Lara stopped talking and let out a sigh as she pulled the blanket down. Her eyes found Alex. She tried to smile as the took his hand.

"Umm lets go eat.. I still have my card from Dr. Scott and he said I can use it, so lets go eat, lets go to the top of the world and eat everything .." Lara smiled and looked almost child like. "Come on, you can thank me later... she giggled as she flung the covered back and stood up.

Alex smiled at her, "That would be nice." he said standing, He was happy to see her like this, she seemed to have all her memories, and it was good to see her smile. "So where do you want to go?" he asked walking hand in hand with her to the door.

Lara smiled as she tucked some of her hair behind her and leand into him as they got to the door. "The top of the world, they are open late, its where I first jumped off, or got found or whatever it was.. it only hurts the first time" she spoke so plainly and sweetly that her words and expresson didnt match as she stepped out into the hallway.

Alex walked down the hallway a smile plastered on his face. He was looking forward to going out with Lara, and where they were going didn't matter. He was so lost in the though he didn't notice the oddness to her words, and the fact that he had never heard of the restaurant didn't matter. "where is this place?" he asked looking down at her.

Lara giggled and pointed toward the night sky. "its up there, they will give you anything you want, you only have to know the code." her smile warmed into a blush as she nuzzled into him. "Come on, they wont hurt you they only like me.. but they will feed you too.. I promise.." Lara walked toward the alley and jumped up the grab the fire escape ladder. "Come on, this way." she lead him up the first escape and up onto the flat plain roof of the bulding next door. "See its that one now hold on and dont let go" Lara took his hand and then stood up on the edge of the building. She smiled and only looked up and not down as the cars raced below them. There were about 5 stories up and anything misstep would kill her. But she didnt even seem to be worried about that as she hummed softly and closed her eyes.

Alex stood next to Lara, gripping her hand tightly. Above all else he would not let her fall. Was this really it? From what she said they where coming. He wasn't ready, he needed time. He looked don't at Lara, the sight of her calming him, slowly, uncertainly he nuzzled her, drawing comfort from the contact. "Lara.." he whispered, "I won't let them hurt you."

Lara hummed a little louder and suddenly yet softly a small light above her head started to glow. Her eyes were closed and the laughed and leaned into a free fall of the building pulling Alex with her. The air was cold and rushing past them as the sidewalk and speeding cars grew louder. Lara kept humming as they hit the sidewalk but then went right into it and own down. It was dark but their were stars around them. She giggles again as a strange noise filled the air and Lara's hand was jerked out of his. She whimpered as the movement stopped and they were in a very plesant looking lobby of what looked like an everyday normal hotel restuarant only the man behind the podeum wasnt a man. He was a strange looking bug eyed thing, that hissed at him. Lara moaned on the ground as two smaller but just as scary looking bug like things helped her stand. "You should know better then to just arrive with a new one, no no next time we come to you.." the gruff little bug man tap her on the head and then left them alone in the lobby. Another couple arrived just as they had only they were kissing and giggling as they were lead to their table.

"Lara noo." Alex called as they fell, he fought to get to her, then they where in a lobby. He stared at the creatures, "I'm not so new. Five years ago, Riverside park." he said sneering. He put an arm around Lara holding her close to him. He would not leave her side.

An older gentleman stepped forward and looked down at the pair. "Do you have a reservation?" the man asked then looked at Lara and blinked. "Ah.. you have her, well I suppose we can allow this sort of thing one time." The man stepped aside as Lara clung to Alex. "Ducky I think I made a mistake. I got that song in my head and brought you here. Im so sorry, please dont hate me.. Im so sorry.." Lara wanted to say more as silver walls and dim lights lit the corridor. It was clear this was not resturant.

Alex stayed close to Lara, “Its ok, so long as you know how to get us out of here.” he said sot taking his eyes off of the bugs. He took her hand trying to reassure her, “what is this place anyway?”

The man that was leading them down the hallway stopped and opened a door. "You too wait here.. and dont touch anything." He snapped. Once inside Lara turned into Alex and hugged him tight. "I just wanted to show you my world.. Im sorry if Ive hurt you or made you mad." Her voice was timid and full of worry.

The room they were in looked a lot like his place only it was filled with femine things. Her clothes were tossed over, boexes with stuffed animals and a table filled with empty coffee cups lay all around. There was a bed but it looked like it hadnt been slept in. The small sofa was covered with drawns much like his and a pale green throw. Lara nuzzled into him praying he wouldnt let go. "Its my place she said softly I hope you dont mind." Lara looked up at him and smiled softly.

Alex looked around the room, it definitely wasn't what he was expecting to find.Everything here seemed so.... normal. "Of course you haven't hurt me, you have nothing to apologize to me for. He smiled down at her as she began to nuzzle against him, and he circled his arms around her, cupping his hands in the small of her back. Her place, did she actually lie here with them? Something wasn't right either, they looked different. He was uneasy, but as he held Lara, everything seemed so right.

Lara slowly pulled back from him and tried to smile but it quickly turned into a small frown. "Oh no, I dont hear the music anymore... oh no.. its gone.. they... they are gone.." As Lara spoke she grabbed Alex's hand as everything went black and it got very cold. "Oh.. Alex.. " she was scared but knew what was gonna happen next, it was just like the last time and the time before that.. She worried that Alex would know too and would blame her for them dumping him again in a dark park. Lara moaned softly as she landed with a small thud on the cold wet grass, of Riverside Park. She wasnt moving but the hard fall she could feel from head to toe. "Alex...?" she tried to move but it hurt as her right arm reached for him in the weak light from the lamp post near by.

Alex tried to pull Lara towards him as everything went dark, to hold her close, everything was cold, and then he was falling. He was lying on wet grass, surrounded by the sounds of the night. He opened his eyes and was surprised to find his surroundings oddly familiar. He had been here before. <b>“Alex...?”</b> came a soft voice behind him making him roll over to face Lara. He smiled slightly glad to see she had made it out of that strange place. “Are you alright?” He asked running a hand across her forehead brushing hair from her eyes.

Lara blinked and looked at him with a soft blush as her stomach growled again and sounded like a strange animal in the night. She giggled and touched his face. "Im sorry about that Ducky, I have to stop listening to their music.. its so hard to hear anything else.." she said with a faraway tone. Her eyes were damp but she didnt cry she only blushed as to how close he was to her.

"You don't have to apologize." he said warmly, in truth happy to be away from those creatures. He pulled himself closer to her happy to be there, just the two of them. It didn't matter that the grass was wet, or that he was slightly bruised, or that there was a slight chill to the air. for a moment he forgot everything and was just happy being where he was.

Lara nuzzled into him and touched his face.. "Ducky, do you ever hear their music? I mean please tell me Im not the only one.." she looked to him for answers to the things she had never told anyone. Why was he the only that seemed to know her and not fear her. He seemed to not be scared or angry with all the madness that lay in her wake. She was blushing as the night air ran a sharp chill up her spine. I gripped her and made her whimper like someone had stabbed her in the spine. She began to shiver but said nothing as the waited for her Ducky to reply.

Alex put an arm around her, hoping to offer a small measure of warmth, “I did hear them once.” he said slowly, “The night I saw them, its a haunting melody isn't it?” he asked. I almost wish I could remember it

(sorry its so short)

Status
Not open for further replies.