After All

"It really is beautiful," she agreed. "And accidental? I believe it." She took a slow step forward and knelt beside a plant, looking down at it. "Anything I should be wary of, in terms of venom or poison?" she asked as she let her gloved fingertips trail along soft petals.

"I.... Don't really know." He stated with a laugh "This planet has had a long time to shift from a specialized biobase to just... A biosphere. But I think you'll be fine as long as you don't eat anything or bother something that's kinda angry to be bothered

"I'll keep that in mind," she agreed with a small laugh and a shake of her head.

"If that's the case, do you have a shelter here, or shall we make something? Working with my hands sounds like a good idea, since I haven't done that in... Well, too long!"

Surrounded by color and stimulus, she felt alive. Her mind was stuck on the present, and for now, she forgot her woes.

Martin's form froze, just for an instant, at the surprise of how quickly she seemed.... Happy? No, Happy wouldn't be the correct word. Giddy. She was a kid going back to the beach. Everything was new and shiny and amazing and neat.

A grim thought wondered how long this would last. He decided he'd milk it for what it's worth.

"We'll have to make something ourselves. Like I said: I leave no trace of my presence when I leave. All this world will have is a bunch of sapiants scratching their heads and wondering what precursor jumpstarted their planet. And it's gonna be hundreds of thousands of years before anything here starts to figure out that using a sharpy thingy is smart."

He smiled to himself, then gazed out to the trees. In another instant, a winged creature flew out of the protean mass, splitting off into what looked like a mix of jellyfish and crows, scouring the countryside for anywhere that would seem like a good spot.

"THere's a cave, about a kilo that way," He spoke, pointing to the north " but if you want to build something, there's a really fucking big tree just over there."

Pointing towards the thicker parts of the forest, the trees hid everything, but the canopies of the forest was indeed colossal in scale "We can grab some small shrubs and fashion ourselves a lean-to. Nice and easy and simple."

She lightly swatted him. "Cheater," she accused, her tone playful. "But the forest sounds good. I'm thinking a cute cabin. We'll build it the normal way, with hard work, and confuse any future peoples that come about. Then we can make a small garden with the cleared land..."

She trailed off as she realized just how domestic she was being, and laughed at herself.

Martin gave Liz a strange look. As if he didn't know what expression to make with his human form. His face was slack for a moment, before he gave a thoughtful nod.

"I'll be honest. Didn't expect that from you." He stated, the smile on his face clear "I'm guessing you want me to use my lil ol' human form to help you with that? No easy way?"

"That's right," she said. "There's a practical reason for it, too—people need stimulation."

With that, she looked around. "Now, which way to go?"

Martin just gave her a flat look, a slight smile on his face "I get plenty stimulation with how I am, Liz. I'm not magical, not anymore. All that," He gestured to the primordial mass that stood just close to the pair of them "Is science. Lots and lots of mindboggling science." He didn't bother to elaborate on it, simply having his main body move towards the forests, pointing towards it for Liz's benifit "We can't go into the heart of the forest: The trees are too big. We'll skirt the edges."

He looked at her again, before speaking again "The trees aren't vertical conifers. Meaning we're gonna struggle with log cabins. Cordwood or timberframing will work better." He stated, though he never explicitly ruled out the possibility

"Of course, I can just make straight logs, have the human body do the rest."

She thought a moment. "I'll allow it, if only because trees are better than stumps, since we'll be looking at them for a while." With that, she nodded. "If we're the ones doing the work, let's make sure the results look good and are good."

Which meant she'd be nitpicky. Oh lord, so nitpicky.

Though the idea of being surrounded by massive trees in the heart of the forest did sound pretty neat. Even... witchy. "Is there a clearing in the forest we could use?" she asked, grinning. "One with fairly flat ground and enough space for a house, garden, and well? Is it sunny there? If it's rainy all the time, we'll look elsewhere."

Martin just gave her a look.

Dear lord, what had he awakened?

"....Eliza?" He started, clearing his throat as the primordial mass vibrated "That's...."

He stopped from saying a tall order. Not with how happy she looked. He quickly formulated a plan as he nodded "Yeah... Yeah I can see a place where that works. Bit a ways off, but it'll do."

He just needed to put in an aquafer. And level the ground more. And make logs.

"This'll be easy." He smiled to her, nodding to himself as he sent more and more of his protean mass to make it so.

Oh, she could hear his uncertainty, and even a tiny bit of regret before he changed what he was about to say. It was clear she was asking a lot but... well, he was a mass of cells that was also a life mage, as far as she could tell. He'd looked around before no problem, so she assumed he could manage again.

Likely, he was more nervous about how much of a nag and nitpicker she'd be about this project.

... Good.

Let him be nervous, she decided, and grinned as he said it'd be easy. "I thought you might say so, but I'm sure you remember that nothing is easy if I'm around." A tiny smirk clung to her face, though it held a slightly bitter note.

"Oh please." He scoffed, looking at her with clear amusement "Nothing's interesting without you. It may have been a while, but you'll find out i'm a loooot more capable than the oh-so-great Balthazar the.... I don't even know." He laughed, shaking his head "Crazy bastard..."

He shrugged, then pointed directly towards the clearing, though the sheer distance was that it wasn't even visable through the thick canopy. His protean masses bolted towards the place on four legs and limitless stamina, set to make the place exactly as she wanted it.

"Alright.... damn. This is a strange situation to find myself."

"Oh? Split into two or...?" She tilted her head at him, then started to walk, following after the large mass. "It's a little strange to me that the man-shaped you is... not the main-you."

Then again, she was used to people who were people-shaped, for the most part. Very likely, those who were greater than had all taken people-shapes for her sake though, in the past. Just as Martin was. However, Martin also displayed his 'true body' to her as well, and both could, it seemed, be in separate places at once.

"Was strange to me too, at the start, but you get used to it." He explained, smiling to her as she started to follow the masses. He didn't want her to see him essentially terraform the planet just so she could have her little cottage, so he let the things move faster. The primordial mass had its legs collapse in itself, before splitting into hundreds of wheels to bolt itself away further.