After: A Tale of Those Left Behind

Hecatoncheires

un jour je serai de retour près de toi
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
after2.jpg

You have a perfectly ordinary day.

You wake up, go to school, go to work, hang about with your mates, see your family members, have dinner, do your homework, and so on. You get the picture. Nothing out of the ordinary, strange, bizarre.

And finally, you go to sleep.

When you wake up, the world's changed.

A quarter of the world's population has vanished, quite suddenly. Your wife's no longer lying next to you, your kid's beds are empty, the girlfriend won't pick up her phone. It's as if part of humanity has just dropped off the face of the earth. And no-one's really sure what's happened.

---

'After' is basically positing what the world might be like if the Rapture scenario were to occur, if one day the chosen of God were taken away and the sinners were sent to hell, leaving the rest of humanity wondering what the fuck just happened.

There's the potential for some really awesome characters and some really, really awesome roleplaying in a situation such as this. How would people react to their loved ones just up and disappearing? How would people face the possibility that the Rapture just happened and they weren't amongst the selected?

Suggestions, thoughts, feedback. Seriously, guys, fire away. I'd like to see what you all think.

Did actually come across this a while back, though I'm not quite sure if it's the route I'd like to take this game. Left Behind really ladels on the whole "CHRISTIAN APOCALYPSE NAOOOOOOW" thing, where as I'd like to keep that as light as possible. No-one in the game will be entirely certain if it was actually the Rapture as told in the Bible. Makes things more interesting that way.

Though the idea of the Anti-Christ taking over the UN is a pretty funny one, it must be said.

Glad to see people like so far, by the way.

I'm actually kind of interested in this. Suddenly have an interesting character idea...