Afraid of Losing You {AcornTree}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope was a little surprised when he agreed to come along on the little run, but regardless she let him do what he wanted and waited for him to come back out of the room with his changed clothes. Squeezing onto his hand a little bit before she loosened her hold on it a bit as they started out at a brisk walk as they let Jazzy do her business before they started going at a jog, she looked down at Jazzy, watching as her little legs moved quickly in order to keep up with them, though Hope knew that the dog would have no trouble keeping up with them. Normally when it was just the two of them they would travel the perimeter of the apartment complex that they lived in, or at least half of it if she was ever feeling up to it, but it generally took about thirty minutes to do when running, though at the jog that they were running at she figured that it would take probably an extra ten minutes. Not that she mined in the least bit especially with the whether that was surrounding them in that moment, as well as the fact that she was just spending more time with William.

When she looked up at him to give him a little glance, she smiled before looking ahead of herself, keeping in check to make sure that she didn't travel over to the side too much to knock him or Jazzy off of the side walk. That had been a bit of a habit that she had to work on when she first started doing this with him, and she had to admit that throughout the time that they had been dating she had grown to be more in shape. Not that she was complaining, oh on the contrary, she was actually a bit happy for that. With the runs that she normally took with him and the other activities that he had gotten her used to doing over the past three years, it kept her going with things to do and what not. Of course, she wasn't as in shape as William was since she tired out quicker than he did, but she still enjoyed it. It was funny to think back on the time when she had finally told her parents that she was dating someone after having already been with William for six months, the conversation having started that way after they commented on the fact that she looked to be a little more fit than she normally did. And then, in that moment, she just blurted it out, saying that she was with someone and that she had been for six months.

They had been surprised, more than surprised really, but she couldn't deny the sense of satisfaction that came to her when she looked at their faces. Why she felt that way? She couldn't really be sure, but regardless she knew that they hadn't believed her after she had said it at first. Either they didn't believe her or they didn't want to come to terms with the fact by that point, she really couldn't tell nor did she even really care. "If you ever need to stop or if you want to go back," she said in between her breaths as she gave him a side wards glance, "just let me know and we can head back." She knew that she was probably being a little more cautious and worrisome over him, but she couldn't help it. She didn't want to get him any sicker, after all, and she just didn't want to wear him out.

William loved to go on runs with Hope. He could remember back when they'd first started dating too, and how it had been a little tough for the both of them to get used to running with someone beside them. Now they had it down pat though, and even Jazzy fell into place with them, running along happily with them. William kept their place fairly slow, more of a jog than a run today just to take it easy. He smiled back at her when she smiled at him. It was funny, how something as simple as a smile while they were running could get him all happy even after all this time together. He didn't think he'd ever feel that way about someone else.

He nodded with Hope's offer of going back. He was thinking they'd have to cut this a little short, but for now he was happy running with her. The odd thing was that he didn't feel sick. No upset stomach or fever or anything. He was just tired. Regardless, it made running at least a little easier. Running while tired was, he assumed, a lot easier than running while trying not to throw up. "I will." He promised, giving her another smile.

The way Hope worried over him was touching, but really he didn't feel like there was anything horribly wrong with him. So long as Hope didn't go too overboard with asking him if he was okay, William didn't mind her worry. He was aware that her asking too many times could get a little annoying for him, but so far it was fine. Jazzy was sticking closer to William than she usually did, which made it a little hard for him to run right, but he just took it in stride. They were about 15 minutes out, and not quite half way around before William nodded. "Alright, lets head back." He said. He didn't feel like collapsing to the ground while they were out for a jog. "Want to go anywhere in particular before we do?" They could stop at a cafe or something. There was a little one not far from here they could get some dessert at, but it was up to her.

Hope smiled and nodded her head when he said that he would let her know, herself a little more calmed through those words. She knew that, even if William loved this daily activity, that if he wasn't feeling well enough then he wouldn't push himself too hard, so, at least, she had that to think about. And again as she took another look at him she figured that he looked well enough, something that also made her less worrisome. Maybe he was just tired and needed a little more rest. She thought about making a joke about having tired him out last night and that he couldn't handle her anymore like he used to, but instead she decided to leave the joke to her own mind, herself laughing to it lightly even if she doubted if what she thought was the truth.

But when he mentioned, already, that he was ready to head back to the apartment, she frowned a bit and bit the inside of her cheek. Already? Well, alright then. She nodded her head with a short okay, smiled, and then thought about whether or not they should head to the little cafe to get a little desert. That was something that they hadn't had in a while either, and maybe it would be good for them. And once he mentioned it she couldn't stop thinking about it. "We can go to that cafe real quick to get a little desert. I'm feeling a little bit of a sweet tooth tonight." And generally she didn't have feelings like that, seeing as she normally didn't have a sweet tooth and more often than not figured that most things were a little too sweet for her taste. There were a few things she could handle on the regular, however it was safe to say that Hope wasn't really a fan of candy or anything like that other than pastries and cake, but even she wouldn't indulge herself on something like that regularly.

After they mentioned that they started towards the cafe, it only being another five minutes to get there since they were so close to it. As she opened the door, she looked over to Jazzy, watching as the little dog already knew what to do by sitting by the front door, her tongue lolled out as she panted, trying to catch her breath. No dogs were allowed in the place, but the both of them trusted Jazzy enough to not move or run away when they were in there, and, besides, she knew that they wouldn't be in there long. They could get what they wanted and then they could head back to the apartment to eat it. It was a quaint little place, the smell of coffee evident in the place as it held warm colors on the walls and in the furniture in order to give the place a warm and relaxing feel to the place. There were a few tables stationed around the place, only about three other people in the building for the time being though Hope wasn't surprised to see that. After all, it was heading into the evening of the day, and most people were probably at home, and this place was closed to closing anyway.

Stepping up to the counter, she looked up at the menu before one of the workers came over to the cash register, asking her what they wanted. It only took her a second more longer to figure out what she wanted, and after she knew she looked back down, saying that she wanted the chocolate croissants. The cashier gave a nod of his head before he looked over to William, Hope stepping back and letting him decide and choose what he wanted.

William figured that if they were 15 minutes out, it would be 15 minutes back to make an even half hour. Which wasn't nearly as long as he was used to going, especially at this pace, but he just wasn't feeling up to it today. When she agreed to that cafe it made him feel a little better about it, since it was a bit out of the way and would add a few minutes to their time. Plus it was more like a date then. He smiled at her and then went ahead and let Hope lead them to the cafe. He followed her there, and while he would normally do some sort of movement to keep his heart rate up once they got there he just stopped instead.

He ordered the key lime tart. He liked the sour it would bring but knew the topping was sweet and delicious. Once they had their things in a to go bag, William paid for the two of them and then took the bag. Making sure Hope was ready to go, he got the door for them. Jazzy was instantly up on her feet, tail wagging, and then both she and William started jogging back to the apartment.

It didn't take much longer for them to get back to their place from the cafe. William passed off the bag with their treats in it to Hope to hold so he could unlock and then open the door. He let everyone inside and went straight to the couch, flopping onto it. "I'm glad you came along. And I did too." That was a weird way to phrase it but he realized it and smiled a little at himself. "Lets eat over here. We can watch some tv if you want." He wanted to practice some music later, but for now he was happy to just veg on the couch a little with Hope.

When they had made it back to the apartment, Hope turned and locked the door behind them as William stepped in and headed over to the couch. herself smiling as she shook her head before she headed into the kitchen. Setting the bag on the counter for a quick second, she picked up Jazzy's water bowl and filled it up with water before setting it back on the ground, Jazzy eagerly trotting over to the bowl as she started to lap at the liquid. "Do you want yours heated up a little bit?" She grabbed her little treat from the bag and set it on a napkin she grabbed and then put it in the microwave, just wanting to make it a little warmer so that she could enjoy a little more. And after listening to what William said about what he wanted done with his, Hope grabbed the croissants out of the microwave, herself being able to smell the melted chocolate now, and grabbed his tart before she headed over to the couched.

She plopped right next to William, laughing to herself before she handed William a napkin and his dessert before she looked at hers and hummed appreciatively at it, even despite the fact that she hadn't even eaten it yet. "I'm glad I went too, and that you were able to come along. I mean, how long has it been since I've run with you? A week maybe?" It had been a little bit of time, that much she could tell by the little bit of soreness she was already beginning to feel in her legs. While she told herself that it would be best to keep going on runs with him, if only so that she could keep herself in a little better shape, she knew that she wouldn't always do that, mostly because she didn't feel like doing it all the time and some times she was just too busy to do it. Pushing the thought aside, though, she finally took a bite out of the croissant and breathed out a sigh, herself leaning over against William after that with a wide smile across her lips. "The fact that I was able to get this just makes it all the much sweeter."

Reached forward, Hope went and grabbed the remote before she handed it over to William, letting him decide what they would watch on tv. "So, anything else planned for the rest of the night? Do you have any more papers to grade?"

"No thanks." William answered. His tart was likely better at room-temperature. He took it from her once she brought it over and smiled. He probably should eat it with a fork but he decided not to bother with that and just bit into it. It was tangy and just a little sweet all at once, and he sighed. That was good. He wasn't hungry at all, but really William had always viewed treats for what they were. Treats. And not to be eaten because he was hungry but because of their taste.

"It has been a little while." He nodded about how long its been since she ran too. He chuckled as he glanced at her croissant. "Maybe I should just offer to stop by the cafe every time I go on a run if you go too." He teased. He took the remote and turned on the tv. "No more papers to grade." He answered as he flipped through the tv guide to find something to watch. "I do need to play something though. I didn't get to yesterday." Hope, of all people, would know about William's addiction to playing instruments. Any instrument. The longer he went without playing the more distracted and distraught he got. Teaching others how to play didn't count either. He needed quality one-on-one time, as he jokingly called it. "What about you?"

William stopped on the DIY channel. Property Brothers was on, and William certainly didn't mind watching that. Especially when he didn't have to pay a whole lot of attention like now. He bit at his tart again. Jazzy, finished with her water, came over to them and put her paws up on the couch next to William. He invited her up with a pat and Jazzy promptly jumped up onto it and then put her head right in William's lap with a sigh.

With a little snort, Hope took another bite as she listened to William continue to speak, turning her eyes to look at the tv as he started flipping through the channels. When he finally chose a channel though, she turned and looked away, that program being one of her least favorite, but she never complained about the matter and never complained about the show. Sure, she could appreciate the decor and the DIY tutorials that would be shown on the channel every once in a while, but she had no want or craving to ever partake in any of those activities. Regardless, she let him keep it on the channel and instead just turned her head to look up at him. "I don't know if that would be the best idea; a great incentive to get me to go on a run with you everyday, but if I got this at the end of every night wouldn't that defeat part of the purpose of the run?" She rose her brows before she laughed lightly to herself.

Again, she took another bite out of the croissant, having to wipe her mouth off with the napkin right after the bite so as not to get anything on the couch. She really didn't feel like having to clean that kind of mess. "Besides, if I got this every time I went on a run with you, it wouldn't be a treat anymore, nor would it be special. And that, in my opinion, would be a shame considering how good it is." She liked to take things in moderation, just so that she wouldn't tire herself out of a particular thing. Well, everything except William. She could indulge herself with him for every day of her entire life and never grow tired of him, nor would she think he was any less sweet or special. The thought alone caused a smile to come to her lips. But she picked her feet up and curled them up on the couch to get herself a little more comfortable, just as Jazzy hopped on the couch to relax with them as well. A family... A little family she figured with it being just the three of them, but a family regardless, even if they weren't really family. She considered them to be though, no matter the circumstances.

But the thought of family and everything that went around it was a lot to deal with, and it had not really been a topic of much discussion between the two of them. She didn't mind it though, figuring that with time it would come up as their relationship progressed. For right now, she was happy though, even if they were a little sweaty right now from the run. "Nothing planned either. I'm going work on the photos of the twins tomorrow at the studio, so I'm not going to deal with that tonight. But, I can listen to you play. You know how I love to live vicariously through you and your musicality since I have none of that."

Since Hope had never said anything about not liking the channel, he left it on. He might have changed it if he had known, though. Instead he put the remote down on his lap in front of Jazzy and watched the show as he listened to Hope tell him how going to the cafe every day when they ran wouldn't work. He smiled at her. She was putting a lot of thought into this. A lot more than he had, and it was kind of funny. "Alright, then I won't. I'll have to think of some other way to compel you to come out with me." He chuckled. She was right in all aspects, after all.

When Hope said she'd just listen to him play he smiled again. He was lucky that she was so patient with his playing. Some of the instruments he owned could be quite loud. Surprisingly so. His favored cello, many people didn't realize could be so loud. Especially in a small space like their apartment. He nodded when she said she had nothing planned. "You can pick the instrument tonight then." He didn't have a preference today for which one he wanted to play, so maybe she had one in specific she wanted to listen to. The good thing was that no matter where he was at, William could compose. He carried notebooks around with him just for that purpose. He was always jotting something down. Even in the middle of class sometimes, although most of his students just thought he was writing someone up for later reprimand.

Finishing his tart, William wiped his hands on the napkin Hope had brought for him. Jazzy whined and then licked at his fingers, which normally William would stop but today he just let her do it.

"Ah, you don't have to try and find a way to convince me a way to get you to run with you," Hope said as she nudged her shoulder into William's shoulder a bit before she leaned her head back against his shoulder. "I'm happy to go with you when there are no incentives. I mean, yeah, sometimes I won't go because I don't feel like going, but usually I do. I like spending the time with you, even if I feel like I'm putting you behind a bit since I know I can't run nearly as fast as you can." But he never complained about it, nor did he ever seem to mind, so she never worried about it too much. She was more than positive than he would let her know if something bothered him about her going, but, so far, he hadn't.

When he said that she could decide which instrument he would play for the night, Hope picked her head back up and pursed her lips as she thought about it, taking another bite of the treat as she went through all of the instruments that he could play. Of course she knew that the cello was his favorite instrument, since he had told her that more than a few times when she asked in the early stages of their relationship, but, as she continued to think, she had another one in mind that she wanted him to play. "How about the piano?" Even if the cello was his favorite, the piano was a personal favorite of hers to hear him play. After all, that was what attracted her to him in the first place. Well, the sounds of the piano was what brought her to the room that he had been playing in, and the serene look he had on his face was what prompted her to take a picture of him and then prompted her to go over and compliment him on his playing skills. In a sense, she figured that the piano had been what brought them together, and that was why she loved when he played it. Not that she didn't love him playing anything else, but it just held more of a sentimental value to her.

"If you want to play that, of course. I could listen to you play anything, and you know that." With another smile, she finished off the rest of her croissant and balled the napkin she had up before she wiped her mouth off with it. After Jazzy had finished cleaning up William's fingers, she turned and looked to Hope with big eyes, almost as if she was asking if she could do that same thing to her fingers, but Hope shook her head at the look. "Sorry, but there was chocolate in there and you know that that's not good for you." She held her hand out for William to drop his napkin in, and after he did she got up from the couch and went over to the kitchen to throw the napkins away and to wash her hands.

William shook his head at Hope. "You're not putting me behind when you come." He promised. "Besides, I like spending the time with you too, so don't worry about the pace." He didn't, so she shouldn't either. He glanced back at the tv as he waited for her to pick an instrument, smiling as she suggested the piano. Of course, he only had a keyboard here and not a real piano. That was one thing he just could not fit into the apartment, and besides that he couldn't afford a piano. Still, he thought fondly on the piano also. Like Hope, he considered it a detrimental part in what brought them together. If he hadn't been playing it that day all that time ago they might have never met at all. They had had no friends in common, and no classes before that either. The piano and their combined boldness - Hope's for taking the picture and then asking him - and his for asking her out to coffee after - had ultimately brought them to where they were now.

"The piano is good." He agreed. "I want to work out some notes to one of the songs I've written anyway." He encouraged with a smile. "Thank you." He added when she took his napkin from him. Despite having just had the napkin, William wiped his hands on his jeans since they were slobbery from Jazzy's tongue. He pet her on the head afterwards. Property Brothers was almost over, so he waited until that was done and they could see the big reveal. He liked that the best. The before and after pictures. He'd likely never get into doing something like that either, but it was still interesting to him to watch. Once the home owners seemed to be happy with the transformation, William turned the tv off and then carefully took Jazzy from his lap to put her onto the ground.

Getting up just afterwards, William went behind the couch and then pulled a chair over to his keyboard. Turning it on, he sat down and then did some quick warm ups before launching into a song he did not write. He'd get to that one soon, but he liked to start off playing some established songs first. His favorites on the piano was classical and jazz, which was how Jazzy had received her name. He played a couple jazz songs from memory - one of which he had written a long time ago - and then pulled out his notebook to set it on the stand connected to the keyboard. He started to play the song he was working on now, one he hadn't yet played with Hope in the room. He'd written several songs dedicated to her, or songs that he thought sounded like her. He could hardly help himself. She was now a big part of his muse, after all.

Grinning as she started making her way back over to the living room after he said that he would be fine with practicing some notes on the piano, she leaned against the arm of the couch as the two of them watched the ending of the show. It was always nice to see the different transformations that had happened with the house, or with what ever room was being remodeled, as well as it was always nice to see the looks of surprise and happiness of the homeowners. It made her look around the small apartment, or at least the living room since they were sitting in that area, and as she looked she wondered if the two of them would eventually get a house with one another. Maybe, she figured, when they had a little more money saved up. But really, as of right now she was happy where she lived. Sure, it was a little small and there were times when she would trip and fall over something that was in the way, them normally being one of the instruments that William would have around -to which she would yell at him for-, but the place was comfortable. True, she knew that it would be nice to have a little more space, something that had been a adjustment when she moved in as well because of the fact that before she had lived on her own and had an entire apartment to herself, but right now was fine.

When the show was over and when William stood from the couch, Hope rose her brows and smiled excitedly as she moved to take his place that he had been sitting in on the couch, this time her siting with her legs bent under her as she leaned over the back of the couch so that she could face him. Her ears picked up the notes that came from the keyboard, her little look to Jazzy telling her that Jazzy was also beginning to enjoy the music, and she couldn't help but sink a little more into the couch. A few songs he played she knew because he told her about them after asking a while ago, a few of them she knew to be his own, but when he started playing notes of a different pattern that she didn't know after he put the notebook on the stand, she tilted her head a bit and tilted her head to the side.

She rested her head against her arms that she folded over the back of the couch, a soft sigh coming from her lips. "This is new," she spoke, her eyes peeking over to the side of the notebook so that she could see him. "I like it though. How long have you been working on it for?"

William was not afraid to play his new things in front of Hope. She was one of the few that was allowed to hear unfinished works in progress. Not only did he trust her with what he was playing, but he also valued her feedback. She might not know about how to play or write songs, but everyone knew how to listen to them. William wanted his songs to be liked by people, not just technically accurate, and the best way to figure that out was to play them. That was why he liked playing for Hope. She was fair in her evaluation. She wouldn't crack down on him but she wouldn't just give him fluff either.

He smiled at her as she looked around the notebook. "Only a few days." He answered. "Let me know what you think." Often times he would let Hope know if he wanted her to just listen, or to give her input on it. Sometimes he really did just want to play without worrying over what it sounded like, but today was not one of those times. He played with confidence, but inside he was dying to know what Hope thought about it, and if she liked it. He stopped after a few more moments. "This part I still have to write most of, but thats about... half of it." He admitted, picking up a pencil to scribble in a few more notes.

"I like it, honestly." When he stopped playing and started to write things down in the notebook, she watched as the lines of concentration etched into his face. She loved to see him in these moments, and again she found herself the urge to want to go grab her camera so that she could take a picture of it. But, just like last night, she kept the notion at bay and decided to just continue to sit on the couch and watch him. There were times when she had taken pictures of him, a lot of times actually, when he was playing any sort of music, however those moments had been mostly the times when he was just playing for the sake of playing and because he really just had the urge to do so. That wasn't to say that she had no moments in the more serious sessions like this one, because she certainly did so that she could preserve the moments, but there as something about the way he looked now that just made her want to keep to herself and her own mind.

She tapped her fingers against the back of the couch, leaning over a little more to see what he was writing, though eventually going to sit back in the position that she had been sitting in, knowing that it would be pointless to really even look at the notebook. She couldn't read music, couldn't understand how William could read it, and didn't even really try after the time that she had asked William if he could explain it to her. It all, really, had gone in one ear and out the other, despite how she tried to understand it. "It has a nice to sound to it. You know, it... Flows, I guess." She laughed. "You know I'm not good at criticizing music, so I can't give you any technical critiques. But I like it if it means anything. I can't wait to see what you'll do with it." She gave him a little wink then. "Do you have a name for it?"

William smiled when she said she liked it. That was a good start. He nodded in a sort of encouraging way, silently bidding her to continue with her assessment. Flowing was good, and a nice sound was too. He smiled at her whens he said she was no good with it. "I don't have a name for it yet." He admitted. "And anyway, the things you say about my songs I appreciate." He told her. "Sometimes I get so caught up in the technical stuff I just need someone to tell me what it actually sounds like." William explained to Hope.

He tried out a few keys as he looked at the music he had just written and then looked up at Hope again. "Do you have a name for it?" he asked, fixing a note and then trying it again. That was better. He didn't start playing again right away though, waiting for her suggestion on what to call it. Jazzy came over to sit down at his feet. That was sometimes annoying since his feet had to move to hit pedals sometimes, but for now he let her be. She usually moved on her own accord when he had to go for the pedals.

Hope smiled softly as she listened to him, nodding her head as she shifted herself on the couch to get a little more comfortable. Instead of leaning against the back of the couch, she moved over to lay about the length of the couch, her upper body resting against the arm of it. It was a little more comfortable, and she still had a good vantage point of William which she liked very much. Nevertheless, she blew out a little sigh. "Well, I'm glad I can be of some help then." But when he asked her if she had a name for the music, she paused and pursed her lips as she started to think about it. It was... Different for him to ask that, to ask her if she had a name for it. She couldn't deny that it made her a little excited to think that he was trusting her enough and even asking her to do something like that, even if it was relatively simply.

"I don't know," she said as she scratched the side of her cheek as she tilted her head to look back at the ceiling, herself pushing a few strands of hair out of her face as she blinked her eyes. "I guess it depends on what the music means, if it means anything anyway. I mean... It has a soft melody to it. Calming, soothing, emotional. Something that I feel like would be played if someone wanted to just sit and relax and forget about the hardships of their day. Maybe even curl up with book as it played." But now her own mind was beginning to wander. Nevertheless, she liked the idea of it. So she picked her head up and looked back at William. "How about...This is Life?" She let the title fumble around in her mind for a second before she belted out a laugh and laid back against the arm of the couch. "It's kind of a stupid title, but it's the first thing that came to mind."

William watched as Hope figured out a name for it. He thought she might like to name it, so he went ahead and let her. He'd named lots of songs before, and while he was, he had to admit, a little cautious about putting the title in Hope's hands he also had faith in her. He smiled when she explained what it made her feel like. Calming and soothing were definitely good adjectives. When Hope did come up with a name for it he smiled, surprised though when she laughed. He raised his eyebrows, a crooked smile on his face as she explained why that was funny. He thought about this a moment, rolling the pencil around in his hand and then shaking his head.

"I think its great." He responded, writing it at the top of the papers. "But if you think something else might suit it later, just let me know." He suggested. Sometimes his own songs went through several naming sessions before he settled on one. "For now, it can be called This is Life." He smiled and then started to play it over again, this time with the added part and the bits he'd changed to make it a little better.

William was in no way a perfectionist, but when it came to writing songs he could get really close to it. It had happened that sometimes he wouldn't sleep as he worked out a song until it was just the way he wanted it. It could take a day or it could take months, and sometimes William scrapped whole songs just to take them back out of the trash and cut it up into individual pieces to place in other songs because he couldn't get it out of his head. William worked on the song that night until he grew more tired than he already was and decided to call it quits for the night. He turned off the keyboard and put the chair back at the table.

Hope grinned at the prospect of him actually liking the name that she had given for the song, almost feeling a sort of satisfaction of knowing that she had done something right, or at least to know that she had come up with a well enough name. Even if she felt like he could have probably come up with a better name for it, at least he was being nice about it. "Maybe a new, better name will come along once you're finished with it." She rose her brows as she titled her head to look at him. "That would make sense, right; finding a name that would work with the song after it was all finished? Just so that you can really figure out what it means and what not, you know?" But she knew that she was probably rambling on and thinking too much about it.

So once he started to play the song again she leaned back and listened, staying quiet as she closed her eyes and started to breath deeply to relax herself a little more. This was a good night. They had a nice dinner, they had a good run, nice desert, and now they were having a nice time listening to music. Well, she was listening to him play rather, but she still felt as if it was relaxing. When the music stopped and when she could hear William start to move and get up, Hope opened her eyes back up and yawned before she sat up and watched as it started to put the things away. Smiling, she stood up from the couch and walked over to him, gave him a hug and then leaned in to give him a little kiss on the neck. "That was really good. I can't wait to hear when it's all finished." With a smile, she unwrapped her arms from him and started down the hall way. "I'm about to take a shower; I feel all sticky and kinda gross from the run. You can join me if you want."

Almost like the same routine as last night, and like most nights, when she got out of the shower with a towel wrapped around her body as she towel dried her hair, she walked over to the drawers and pulled out her night clothes before she put them on and put the towels away in the hamper. She was going to have to do laundry soon, probably tomorrow if she thought about it, she reminded herself. But soon after she plopped herself onto the bed and pressed her face into the pillow with a little groan before she raised herself up and turned around. "I think I maybe should go on more runs with you more often. Even though we didn't even do much except for jog, my legs are already a little sore. It's like their punishing me for not going with you as often as I should."

Hope made him even happier when she came over to hug him like that. He kissed her back. "I can hardly wait too." He chuckled. He followed her into the bedroom, and when she said she was going to take a shower he smiled. He was going to join her on that too. They showered together much like the night before, and afterwards he went to put on something to go to sleep in too. He pulled on a pair of briefs and decided once more to sleep just in those.

He flopped down onto the bed and then raised a hand up to cover his mouth as he yawned. William was pretty tired, but he was trying to stay awake as Hope came to bed too. He had to laugh at her words, and he shook his head. "Well, maybe they are." He teased, reaching down to pat her thigh as if he was congratulating it on a good job well done. "If you came with me more it wouldn't hurt so much." He moved to kiss her cheek just afterwards, only teasing her. He put his arms around her and then closed his eyes. "I love you." He whispered to her, soft and simple. Sometimes William felt like he didn't say that enough to her, even though it was obvious. It was nice to hear it, and nice to say it too.

Grinning lightly, Hope sighed as she moved more over into William, looking up at him as he put his arm around her, pouting a bit when he even seemed to go along with what she had said about her legs punishing her for not running with him enough. She lightly hit him on the shoulder with the palm of her hand, laughing lightly as she rolled her eyes playfully. "Don't agree with my legs; you're not helping the problem and you'll only make them want to hurt more." Of course, it was only a playful thought, one she knew that wasn't true but she decided to say so anyway. But when he said he loved her, her grin turned into a soft smile, her eyes going to look into his as her face heated up a little. "I love you too," she whispered back before she leaned in closer to give him a lingering and loving kiss. "But you already knew that." But she liked to tell him that she loved him because she meant it and she felt that if you loved someone you should tell them often, even if they already knew that. It was a nice gesture, one that she liked to hear back as well.

The next day had been relatively uneventful. She went to work at the normal time, she got back home and her usual time, and then they had dinner just like they normally did. She had often wondered if they were beginning to set themselves into a bit of a rut because they, sometimes, did the same thing every day throughout the week, but really she didn't mind it. A few things were changed every once in a while, but she didn't feel like they were turning into that boring couple that she had heard couples fall into once they had been together long enough and were living with one another. Not every day would be eventful, and Hope wasn't naive enough to think something like that because that wasn't how the world worked, but when things were different she embraced them, but she also embraced the normal times.

Throughout that Friday, however, she had begun to notice a little bit of a change in William when they were together, though she tried her best not to worry over him because she didn't want to seem overbearing. Maybe he was just catching a cold or something, not that she would ever be surprised if he got a little cold seeing as he worked at a school full of kids and full of bodies that could carry so many different types of germs. It happened. In the back of her mind, though, she was worried, and she even mentioned something about going to pick up some cold medicine for him the next day if he wanted anything so that the cold wouldn't get any worse, and because deep down she wanted him to get better so that she wouldn't catch what ever kind of cold he had either.

But as Saturday rolled around, Hope had woke up just a little bit later than she normally would have woken up at since she knew she wouldn't have to get up as early. She would just have to wake up with enough time to get herself, and her equipment, ready for the wedding that she was shooting that day. The time had changed, however, for the time that she had to be there, the bride calling and asking if she could actually be there a little earlier than they had planned, which she said she could do. It was a little bit of a bother, but regardless she was going to do it. It even excited her a bit, which was the reason why she found herself in such a happy mood when she woke up, even if she stayed quiet in order to not wake William up. But quickly she went to take a shower and pulled out the dress that she would be wearing, which was just a simple black dress, one that wouldn't stand out and one that would make her look decent enough to be attending the wedding. It would get her to blend in a little, or at least she hoped so.

She didn't put the dress on though and instead just put on some regular clothes for the time being, figuring that she had a couple of hours before it would be time for her to leave, and went to iron the dress a little before she put it on a hanger and let it hang on the door for later. After that she headed into the kitchen to get herself something to eat, and after looking through the food she decided to make herself a bowl of oatmeal with bits of banana cut into it, and as she sat at the counter, steadily eating her food, she looked through her emails on her laptop.

William had noticed the changes in himself too, but he was still insistent that things were alright. Even to himself. William was, however, the type of person that would deny being sick even if he clearly was. Still, he didn't think it was anything so serious. He hated being sick, and sometimes he felt that if he just denied it than he wouldn't be, or it would help him to get over it faster. So the next day he had grabbed the orange juice like he said he would and had one with lunch. Even so, he'd had another nose bleed at school. Luckily he hadn't gotten it on his clothes, and so he hadn't told Hope about it. He knew she'd just worry more than she already was. Still, he couldn't deny how tired he was, and Friday he'd decided not to go out with Jazzy at all simply because he wanted his strength for Saturday. He was still hoping to go kayaking with the little dog.

Nausea and fevers was not something William was experiencing, which gave him hope that he wouldn't get sick. He wasn't eating much though. He just wasn't hungry in general despite his stomach feeling fine. They'd called in for pizza since William hadn't felt like cooking, and he attempted to eat more than one piece to not worry Hope but couldn't force himself to do it. He'd hardly finished his first piece, and he'd even left the crust which he claimed was his favorite part to pizza. Especially when it had the garlic sauce brushed onto it like this one did. He had at least consumed quite a lot of orange juice.

When Hope got up on Saturday, William woke only for a few moments, and he didn't let on that he was awake. He pretended to sleep, but inwardly he was upset. Even just when he'd woken up he felt tired, and went back to sleep while Hope was in the shower. It was just as she started to check her emails that he woke up again, but this time he could feel something wrong. For William to admit it even just to himself was a big deal. Jazzy had pushed her way into the bedroom, and almost as soon as he'd opened his eyes to look at her she started yapping her head off.

"Shhhh...." William attempted to calm Jazzy, reaching out to quiet the little dog with one hand just as he felt blood drip down over his lips from his nose. He winced, having the biggest headache he'd ever had, and swallowed hard. Jazzy was not calmed by William's hand, and she turned a circle and kept barking until the dog finally went out of the room and towards Hope. Her barking was not the excitable sound William and Hope was used to, but panicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.