Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, mystery, slice of life, dark fantasy, fandom, pirate stuff coz it's badass... yeah.
5mbgyg.gif

Chapter One: A Glimpse of the Feywild​

KGWeb_Text_Divider.png

"The walls are invisible, yet everyone knows they are there. Between the realm of men and the realm of Gods. But ever so slowly, we have been chipping away at the foundation... soon... the Gods will bow down to us. We shall be their pawns no longer. Call forth the broken of spirit. Make the pact. There will be revenge for the battles we have fought in Their names. Sweet, sweet, revenge." - a partially burnt parchment signed in blood​

KGWeb_Text_Divider.png

forest_retreat_by_firstnull-d64frii.jpg
Once every five years, the moons reach their zenith over the Nightfire Forest. On this day, it is said the realm of the Fey can be felt from the material plane, uniting nature and magic into one miraculous display of mysticism. Rumors speak of lucky individuals receiving the blessing of a dryad on this fateful day. The local Druids of Oldgarden hold a festival in the forest in honor of this phenomenon, which has quickly caught the attention of nature enthusiasts and travelers all around the country. This is the Festival of Two Worlds.

"I have listened to the song of the wind, the call of the birds, and the whispers of the grass... but the silence of the trees bothers me, Ehlonna. Guide my eyes and help me see. Perhaps my fear is misguided. The Festival will soon be upon us." - High Priestess Kamelia of Oldgarden
KGWeb_Text_Divider.png

The Plot
The Festival of Two Worlds is a day away, flooding the small town of Oldgarden with people near and far whom wish to participate. The druidic town is accommodating and friendly, with bustling inns and friendly locals all buzzing with excitement. On the morrow the festivalgoers will be led into the sacred Nightfire Forest to partake in the spectacle. However, a mysterious silence has filled the forest of late... leaving an ominous stillness to the once tranquil and lively holy grounds.
KGWeb_Text_Divider.png

The Cast

Magic Users: 0/3
Uncommon Races: 0/3
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--

KGWeb_Text_Divider.png

The World & My Vision

008ac93509c27dacf1dc66ae3a3b18bc-d4pcn1m.jpg
Taking place in the forested area just south of the island city of Othello, this role-play is to be set in an original world heavily inspired by D&D 5E in terms of lore, races, magic, and gods. However, this role-play will be entirely text based, meaning there will be NO DICE ROLLING. I want to offer a wide selection of customization to your characters without spending hours laboring over entirely original content- that way I can focus on the movement of the plot versus the minor details of worldbuilding (while fun, it can be tedious and burn a DM down).

Furthermore, I would like the focus of this role-play to be heavily centered around the decisions made by the characters as well as their backstories- while there will be an overarching plot, the outcomes of the events presenting IC will be entirely dependent on you, the characters!
KGWeb_Text_Divider.png
The Rules & Expectations

This role-play is designed for intermediate writers.
2-4 paragraphs per post (with some exceptions). Remember: quality over quantity.
One post per week minimum
Active participation in the OOC thread! This is extremely important
All Iwaku rules apply
Romance is great, but since this isn't age blocked the fade to black rule applies
Being able to share and make use of NPCs

KGWeb_Text_Divider.png

Character Sheet

Your characters will be based off of preexisting D&D lore, meaning that all races, classes, religions, and skills should come from it. If there's any exceptions, ask me through PM or in this thread for approval first. I'd like to keep magic users to a minimum. So let's say, 3 people. And races that are fairly rare should remain such. For example, I don't want a party full of drow or genasi or something crazy.

Name:
Picture (no anime. If you can't find a picture please describe your character including age and gender):
Race:
Class:
Alignment:
Religion:
Skills (2):
Weaknesses (2):
General Description (3 paragraphs max):
What Brings Them to Oldgarden?*
Distinguishable Features (body art, piercings, scars):*
Catchphrase*

*These are totally optional

ALL backstories must be sent to me via PM, as they will play a very important role in the story.

KGWeb_Text_Divider.png

Races, Major Gods, etc

This is a WIP for those of you too lazy to look it up on your own time lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Closer
Ooooo D&D! I need to see if my dad has 5th edition so I can start thinking about a character! I'll get back to you on joining and such. I love the map, by the way! Exquisite details!

Reactions: Thornapple
Ooooo D&D! I need to see if my dad has 5th edition so I can start thinking about a character! I'll get back to you on joining and such. I love the map, by the way! Exquisite details!
Sweet! And it doesn't have to be straight from the book, since we aren't rolling stats or anything.

5e SRD:System Reference Document - D&D Wiki

This website might help :P

Sweet! And it doesn't have to be straight from the book, since we aren't rolling stats or anything.

5e SRD:System Reference Document - D&D Wiki

This website might help :P
I know we aren't rolling stats haha! But my dad has a lot of books on races, spells, landscapes, and such- things that I deem important for the character sheet! <3

Thank you for the website reference!

Reactions: Thornapple
What do you mean by general description?

• Thank You
Reactions: junebug
Status
Not open for further replies.