Aetale (Mocking_Jayy and Desu Juice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="Puppy and Ohiba, black, dashed, 10"]"Quinn!" Ohiba cried out, ears flying up as he spotted the blonde running towards him. His hands went up and he grasped her wrists, a grin spreading across his features. "Hey, I'm glad to see you!" Despite the severity of the situation, Ohiba couldn't help but feel elated that he had managed to find the group - despite the sprite finding him first.

Puppy glanced around, confused but happy that they had been found. His head was pounding just as hard as his heart.

[glow=black]'Puppy, use your weapon!'[/glow] He heard Monster cry out in his mind, and flinched from how unexpected the sound was.

'Wh... what?' He thought back, confused as hell.

[glow=black]'Ya' know! Oh, right. You don't remember... Well, you're on your own kid.'[/glow][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Kaisan Jothorus Heis, black, dashed, 10"]Heis bounced off the side of the monster, using his weighty tail as an advantage against the beast. It stumbled to the side, skull tuning to hollowly stare at the boy that had just attacked it. Heis glared at it bravely, already in a battle stance.

He had been training so long for this... Heis had been waiting for years to get his revenge - and now, it was right in front of him, and he would seize it by the throat and beat it until he stopped hating the forest, and hating all the creatures hiding in it. Revenge was his... Suddenly, Dash appeared by his side, and Heis turned to him, wide-eyed. "Dash!" The creature used the momentary distraction to charge at Heis, but altered course mid-way to point its dagger-like horns at the bunnyboy, snorting with anger as its rotten feet pounded against the ground.

Heis acted immediately, shoving Dash out of the way and taking the blow. It sent him sprawling backwards, into the dirt, onto the ground in a heap.

The angry spirit was still charging, and Heis looked down to see his torso bore a gash exactly in the same place his old scar had been - same width, depth, and length. This... This spirit... The snakeboy looked up in horror - this had been the spirit that had hurt him all those years ago.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Quinn, maroon, dashed, 10"]
The fox was more relieved to find Ohiba unharmed because she had seen how far those creatures could go. Heis was a living example of it and she didn't want that to happen to him or any of her friends. "Thank the heavens you're alright." She murmured then her gaze settled on the strange boy. "We don't have time for introductions but I'm Quinn." She gave the brown haired male a small smile before she took note of Heis pushing Dash out of the way before the spirit stabbed him. "Jothorus! Kaisan! Don't just stand there!" The fox shouted.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Dash, grey, dashed, 10"]
Dash was paralyzed with fear as the spirit suddenly charged forward, but Heis had pushed him away. The bunny boy landed with a loud thud, but he was quick to see Heis get hit. "Heis!" Scrambling to his feet, Dash rushed to the spirit and attempted to push it off its course.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Kaisan Jothorus Heis, black, dashed, 10"]Joth Kaisan, and even Dash had stepped towards the creature to try and stop it, but Heis suddenly leaping to his feet, splattering the ground with blood caught their attention. "Stop! All of you, don't come any closer. This is my fight." The boy gestured to them with an outstretched arm, and Joth furrowed his brows in annoyance. "What're you talking about? We're gonna help anyway."

But before the two could move again, Heis grasped the charging monster by the horns. For a terrible moment, he was shoved back, and Kaisan figured that the creature would knock him down... But, the snakeboy held his ground while dust flew around his ankles, using his tail for balance. He let go - risking his balance to reach into his shirt, and unsheathe a dagger from within the cloth. While the creature was still busy trying to push him over with its massive horn, Heis stuck the blade into the back of its head, and it howled in rage. A black, tarry goo exploded form the wound and bathed Heis's hand with ink, the boy cried out in pain - it burned, it seared... Like some kind of poison. With a final roar, the sprite flopped onto its side and Heis was left standing there, panting and clutching his burned hand.

"I knocked that thing out cold. Heh, this is s-no-w place for us to be."

Kaisan pressed the palm of his hand against his face. "Heis, stop. I've had enough of your bad puns for one day."[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Puppy and Ohiba, black, dashed, 10"]Puppy smiled at the girl, and reached up to shyly scratch the back of his neck. Aw man, she was pretty... "I'm Puppy, nice to meet you." His gaze shifted to the fight, and he wondered if he really did have some kind of weapon to help whoever that boy with a tail was. Blood caught the boy off-guard, and he reached up to cover his mouth with a tentative hand. Ohiba, meanwhile, stared at Heis with wonder - the boy really had grown up, he realized. Sure, Heis was still pretty childish, but he really had been training... To be able to do that... Well, now Ohiba felt even more insecure about himself. His negative thinking patterns wove tight binds of uncertainty in him, and he was always preoccupied with ways to outdo the other people around him.

Both were grateful that the snakeboy had stopped the monster. If the fight continued, who knows what could have happened?[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
The blonde watched in shock as Heis gripped the creature's horns, ready to take on the spirit head on. Quinn couldn't decide whether Heis was an idiot for battling the thing or a brave soldier. Though the next few seconds were even more surprising, because had actually taken the creature down.

As much as she wanted to praise him for his success, Quinn knew that they needed to get out of there. Who knows what other spirits might be lurking around. "You guys! We need to go before another one decides to show up!" Quinn warned.
[/fieldbox]

Dash felt his heartbeat quicken, in fear that Heis would get himself hurt much like when he had nearly died when he went to the forest. However, he surprised them all by actually defeating the creature. How long had the male trained just so he could finally beat a spirit? Did his father help him?

"Heis, are you alright?" The bunny boy questioned as he festered to the gash made by the spirit's horns.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Kaisan Jothorus Heis Puppy and Ohiba, black, dashed, 10"]Puppy nodded, all too eager to get out of the strange woods. Too many things were happening all at once, and it was all... So much. Just moments ago he had been in his bed, safe, asleep... But now... Ohiba grasped him by the arm, seeing the look of hesitation on the boy's face. "Hey, don't worry Puppy, there's a whole village just outside of these woods. We'll get out, no problem." The horned creature smiled, and Puppy felt the block of fear in his chest melt away. "Ok..."

Joth and Kaisan followed Dash over to Heis. He was grasping the front of his shirt in a tight fist, eyes wide with... Undefinable rage. "I thought killing that thing would make me feel better... But it didn't. Now, all I want to do is kill all the spirits. Every since one I see." Joth, always the voice of reason, shook his head. "You can't. You know that if they all die, the wold will pretty much end, right?"

"I hate them." He wasn't clasping the front of his shirt shut because the wound hurt - he was doing it because he was insecure about his scar. Just like always, Heis had a hard time letting go of grudges. Once he didn't like someone, it was easy for his feelings to get out of control. "Come on Heis, Quinn is right. We gotta get outta here!" Kaisan began walking.

Puppy self-consciously grabbed onto his arm and followed.[/fieldbox]

Another creature could suddenly pop out any second and Quinn wasn't sure whether they would be able to hold off again like Heis had done. "Come on." Quinn murmured as she gestured for Ohiba and Puppy to follow.

She couldn't help but to wonder how Puppy had gotten here. Where was he even from? Giving the male a side glance, she furrowed her brows a bit confused. He didn't even have any animal features. Starring forward, the blonde's ears twitched slightly as a cool breeze blew by. "How long had you two been out here?" She questioned as she looked up at them.
[/fieldbox]

Dash starred at Heis for a moment, before breathing out a sigh. "Come on, we need to go." He murmured before placing a hand on the lizard boy's shoulder and giving it a gentle nudge, urging the male to turn around. "Plus, we need to get your wounds treated." Dash said softly as he met the other male's gaze.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Kaisan Jothorus Heis Puppy and Ohiba, black, dashed, 10"]Heis felt Dash's hand settle on his shoulder, and the snakeboy nodded at the other's words. Dash was so easy to agree with... Heis was unusually cooperative around him. His green gaze met the bunnyboy's, and then shifted away to peer at the group.

"Yeah... Damn it, I can't believe that thing got me right over my old scar... That's such bullshit." This caught Kaisan's attention. He had never heard Heis swear with such vigor, and it frightened him to see the boy so angry.

Joth decided to ask the question that had been on his mind for a while - "Hey Ohiba, who's your friend?"

Ohiba smiled at Puppy, giving the boy a chamce to introduce himself, "Hi, I'm called Puppy..."

"Puppy?" Joth turned to Kaisan, who answered, "Puppy?" Both seemed confused.

"Yeah, he says he came from a different dimension or something!" Ohiba piped up, and Heis suddenly called, "Hey, maybe that was the flash I saw! You were 'dimension-hopping', or something... Er, what's a different dimension though?"

Kaisan pressed his palm against his face. "It's where you lost your brain."

Joth answered - "It's like a different world."

Heis turned to Puppy with stars in his eyes, "Cool!~"
They were right at the edge of the forest by then, a few feet from the fence.
[/fieldbox]

It seemed that she wasn't the only curious cat in the group. Everyone else seemed to be wondering about Ohiba's new friend and fortunately, the boy seemed like he was willing to trust them. "Dimension hopping? How does that even happen?" Quinn questioned as they reached the fence. Deciding to go first, the blonde quickly moved forward and gripped the wood before beginning to climb up.

The fox had heard of dimension hopping, but she had never found out how it happened. Nor had she bothered to ask anyone because there was no point in knowing, until now, that is.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Kaisan Jothorus Heis and Ohiba, black, dashed, 10"]Nobody really knew what that meant, and so, the subject was left alone. Joth had been focusing on keeping up with everybody, when all of a sudden, he noticed Heis sway to once side. The male corrected himself and returned to walking normally in a mere second, but Joth had noticed how dangerously close Heis had been to collapsing. "Hey... Heis, are you ok?"

The snakeboy's delayed and lackluster, "Yeah..." made it clear that he wasn't. Kaisan furrowed his brows, but cooly didn't say anything. Perhaps Heis was just tired... But images of the wound the male had received earlier quickly surfaced in his mind. They were right by the fence - there was nothing to do but cross back into the village.

"Up we go..." Ohiba muttered, and struggled up the wooden boards, almost slipping and falling off as he made his way to the other side.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Puppy, black, dashed, 10"]Puppy's mind was completely elsewhere. While the new world around him was almost too much to take in... The creature from earlier frightened him the most. That thing that had appeared out of his body - Monster, the fairy godfather. What the hell was that thing? Why was it stuck to him? Was it still there, in him somewhere?

It was all so confusing... And what were these odd creatures around him? With fur and ears, and even tails... What kind of world was this? He grit his teeth, the confusion quickly boiling up into tired sorrow. 'Oh Kitty, what do I do?' He thought to himself. She always had the answers... She always knew what was wrong, and what was right.[/fieldbox]

Quinn climed to the top with ease and glanced to see Ohiba struggling slightly. "Careful. Here take my hand." The blonde extended out her dainty hand to him, hoping he took it.

Quinn found Ohiba to be quite adorable and just something about him attracted her to him. Perhaps it was the fact that his hair was white. She honestly wasn't even sure. "Are you alright to climb the fence, Puppy? The fox questioned as she glanced over at him.

[/fieldbox]

When Joth asked Heis a question, immediately the Bunny's attention was diverted and he glanced over. Was he truly alright?

Once they reached the fence, the bunny stopped besides the lizard, giving him a small smile. "Need some help?"

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Ohiba, white, dashed, 10"]Ohiba reached up to take Quinn's hand with a small smile. "Thanks."
He wiggled his way up, tail twitching slightly as he stuck his butt out to peek over to the other side of the fence, making sure the were no elders around. The other villagers didn't really like the fact that the group frequented the forest - in their minds, the moment that one stepped outside of the fence, they were goners.

It was kind of a silly notion, but Ohiba was glad that there was such a strong stigma against the forest - if any young'uns found their way past the fence... Well, that surely wouldn't end well.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Puppy, black, dashed, 10"]"N-no... I think I'll be fine."

The human boy reached up and grasped one of the planks, tugging on it to see if it would hold his weight. It seemed study enough, and if Heis and his big butt could get up there... So could he. Puppy pulled himself up and started climbing, a little bit weary at first... Then Kaisan snorted from below him, "Don't fall, I'd rather not get a face-full of ass right now, 'kay?" He chuckled in laugher, and continued his way up the fence, then hopped over to the other side.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Heis, green, dashed, 10"]Heis clutched the front of his shirt tightly closed in his fist, unhappy with the wound he had received. It was total bullshit - just when the scar was healing, he had another one to split the mark open... How cruel.

"I'll be alright..." Heis uttered, but his vision was swimming, and something was wrong. But, he couldn't quite place what was happening. He placed his hands flat against the wood, then rested his forehead against it. He was sweating, and much too hot to even be able to think straight. One leg up, one hand - reach... Slowly, the snake made his way up the fence, occasionally stopping to rest - damn it, his tail was so heavy.

Joth reached up and gave him a push, and that worked to help him up a few more planks, before Heis stopped again. The top was within reach, but he needed help.[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.