aesthetic (kinda ?) b.s.

@altai
ahhhhhhhhhhh ily omg thank <3

• Love
Reactions: altai
wip

• about me

short rant before we get to the good bits:
    i really fuckin hate the visible scroll bar but there's literally no way to hide it and make your post mobile-friendly at the same time so i decided to leave it as is (im prbly suffering more than you rn so stfu)

:ahem: but anyways hi
    im fudge and i joined three-ish months ago and you might've seen me fucking around in the coding lab who knows but other than that, for some reason, never made a partner search ???

this post is honestly long overdue and i wont even be mad if it doesnt get attention

but if by some miracle you decide to stick around then please, by all means, read on ahead. ive been told im very amusing

some random trivia about me for anyone who cares (rp info is a bit further down)
    - im not cynical i swear i come across that way but im a puffball ooc pls be friends w me
    - im just incessantly Sad™ like all the fucking time but really eccentric ?? idk how that goes together but if selena gomez says pickle juice and popcorn go together :sips tea:
    - kpop trash nct trash ateez trash exo trash chungha trash taemin trash bts trash jhope trash
    - srsly tho jung hoseok is my sole reason to continue in this cruel world
    - oh n im trash in general too ??
    - genderfluid i.e. idc what pronouns you use for me literally anything works
    - if you call me daddy tho,,,we gettin places mark my words
    - i feel like i dont need to say this bc everyone does it but still: lowercase for the aesthetic only
    - tbh illiteracy is my aesthetic (ooc only i promise)
    - send nu--i mean, memes yea send memes
    - the nbhd are the best thing that's happened to me right after jhope
    - btw did you watch the vault version of easier by 5sos ? damn luke can get it
    - ngl i hate this colour it reminds me of puke but im gonna continue using it anyway

ugh finally rp information the thing we're all here for
    - hi it's yo everyday literate rp-er here i can give you decent grammar + punctuation + sentence structure + para formatting
    - see how i said decent instead of good or great ?
    - yeah cause english isnt my native language and i fuck up sometimes
    - grammarly is the best thing that's happened to me after the nbhd
    - this is why i wont get on your ass about errors in your post as long as i can read + understand it, we're gucci dawg​

Reactions: Dvyniai
i literally have the worst commitment issues ever
ive tried to make an interest check t w i c e and you can see receipts on this thread but i never get around to finishing them for some goddamn reason
frick this
time to move onto smth new
like character sheets

• lost in your eyes
    ❝ art is the accomplice
    of love;
    take love away
    and there is no longer
    art ❞
    Origin of Abilities

Inheritence

Primary Power

Hypnotic Voice
    The power to hypnotise or otherwise influence another's actions via one's voice commands; user is able to utilize their voice to make target(s) react to a stimulus or act on a demand through vocal melodies, humming and songs. User can induce certain emotions (e.g. sadness, wrath, lust, etc) in the audience/anyone within hearing range by adjusting their tone and the dynamic change in their voice or the music. User can also motivate the audience to behave a certain way or perform certain actions depending on their use of language, words or "lyrics." If the user so wishes, he can directly control his counterpart's actions, sending them into a state of trance where they won't be aware of their movements until the "spell" is either broken or wears off.

Limitations
    User can not outright control a person's emotions, thoughts, feelings or opinions; their songs and voice can only influence them to a certain degree, convincing the person that it's what they desire.
    The induced emotion or emotions depend heavily on the context of the song and the melody playing in the background (i.e. user cannot make their target's eyes blown with lust if the music is playing on an adagio scale or the lyrics don't match the situation.)
    If the words/orders are spoken with rhythm (poetry) they will have a much more potent effect on the victims than when they're uttered as normal, everyday sentences/phrases. This is why musical performances have a more blatant effect on Nolan's audience than when he's on a talk show or interview.
    If hypnotised, the victim will regain consciousness in around an hour. They will not remember the time they were hypnotised - it will be a black pause in their mind (unless a Brainwave or Memory Manipulator specifically tries to bring it from the unconscious to the conscious part of their mind.)
    User is unable to control when it doesn't happens i.e. there will be minuscule effects on the people around him whenever he speaks but the full-blown and desired result is only achieved when the ability is used intentionally.
    Hypnosis, as well, only works on a person's actions and does not, inherently, change the person's thought process.
    Works best when eye-contact is made with the victim. Singular. Otherwise, the user does not have any control over who is affected by their voice. (TL;DR user can either limit their influence to one person or everyone person - there is no in-between.)

Passive Power

Seductive Magnetism
    User radiates an aura of attraction and appeal that naturally induces desire and interest in their targets. Affected targets can't help but feel drawn to the user's charm, longing after their affection. Once more, this is involuntary and diffuses from the user in small amounts all the time which naturally makes people want to be around them; user can, however, heighten it and leave their targets "wanting more." This, again, either affects the masses or one person in particular.

Interview Section

Q 1) Tell me about yourself.
    "Hi, the name's Nolan, better know as Cleo. I'm a model, basically but have starred in a couple movies and shows. You can find my music from back when I was nineteen too but please don't listen to it. I was so bad. Do, however, listen to whatever I'm producing now; I promise, the content's a lot better now - a lot less... cringe."

Q 2) How long have you been at Bainbridge? What brought you to us?
    "I've been 'out' about my powers-- that is what you call them, right? Oh, good, I thought there'd be some fancy term. Right, anyways, I've been 'out' about my powers for as long as I can remember. Everyone knows about The Big One too. I saw Bainbridge on my Twitter timeline a lot and everyone would tell me to 'review' it so... here I am. I literally just got here on the last ferry from Cape Town. Fresh meat!"

Q 3) How do you feel about Bainbridge? This won't be officially noted in any way; please be honest.
    "I'm intrigued, I gotta say. There aren't many 'superhuman' personalities in the media due to severe backlash - and I have gotten my fair share of it over the past few years - but I was out there, y'know? My mum's a superhuman too and she told me there were others too. I wanted to be a voice for the ones hiding in suppression and then suddenly, I find out there's a whole 'nother universe populated with them? I'm super excited. Ah, no pun intended."

Q 4) How did you discover your powers?
    "It was in high school. Oh, the good ol' days of spring prom. I was on the band, they had me be their last-minute vocalist since the actual one couldn't attend for whatever reason. I think the last song was Taylor Swift or some artist my teen-self felt very passionately about. So I'm there singin', swayin' to the beat and the next time I open my eyes, everyone's kind-of... stopped what they're doing and bawlin' their eyes out. I was so scared, I went home that instant and something happened to the Reality T.V. camera crew too as a result of my newly discovered powers - I don't remember what exactly. It gave me an opportunity to finally talk to my mum about all the crazy shit happening and... yeah, she was really happy."

Q 5) How do you feel about your powers?
    "I love them. If I thought they helped boost my career during my acting days--I've been told I deliver my lines very... ha, ardently and that it 'strikes' the viewers' hearts. I thought that was good and then I started singing again and man, wow. There's no other word I can use to describe the impact they have on the audience. Especially, my acoustic covers."

Q 6) What is your family like? What is your current relationship with them?
    "I love them, they love me, we're a big, happy family. Although, not exactly 'big' since I'm their only child but that's besides the point here. We're doing great now but it was pretty bad during my childhood, tween, pre-teen, early-teen years because I was going through changes oka--Don't laugh, you did too!
    So I was goin' through all these changes and needed someone to talk to because everything was suddenly so confusing but I
    couldn't because there was a camera crew in our house all the fuckin' time. Those days were pretty bad. But it got better when she found out I didn't exactly like having them around."

Q 7) What are some of your hobbies?
    "Uhh... Singing? Am I taking the easy way out of this? Haha. Seriously though, singing's a passion of mine. I've recently started learning how to play the bass and the acoustic guitar too. Dancing too. It's something I've recently discovered I have a passion for.
    Other than that, I love photography and art. I just... have an eye for pretty things, y'know? And the desire to just
    capture them. To me, it's like preservation because you may or may not get to experience that again but at least, you have it with you forever.
    That sounds kinda creepy, doesn't it?"

Q 8) Do you have any pets?
    "Back home, yes. I have a Pomeranian dog named Pengu. I left him at my parents' house since I wasn't sure if they allowed pets on campus. But now I know they do and oh boy, do I regret."
    Legal Name

Nolan Halverson

Nicknames and Aliases

"My stage name is Cleo so most people just call me that."

Zodiac

Aquarius

Birthdate and Birthplace

24th January Los Angeles, California

Preferred Pronouns

He/Him

Sexuality

Asexual Iculasexual Kalossexual
    Part of the ace spectrum; does not experience sexual attraction but desires a sexual relationship anyway

Role

Student

Art
    Museums
    Art Museums
    Movies
    Disneyland
    Photo albums
    Retro and vintage aesthetics
    Photography
    Singing
    Colours
    Dancing
    Vlogging
    Interacting with his fans
    Hoodies
    Coffee dates
    Quiet libraries
    Doggos
    Travelling
    Pretty people (i.e. all people)
    Dislikes

Low muse
    Onions
    Spicy food
    Nosy interviewers
    Injustice
    Homophobia
    Colourists
    Twitter

Playlist

Night Drive - HENRY
    The Beach - The Neighbourhood
    buttercup - Jack Stauber
    Needs - Verzache
    Reflections - The Neighbourhood
    Fuck It I Love You - Lana Del Rey
    Oh Wonder - Drive
    Reese's Pieces - EMAN8
    Self Love - Dani Devinci
    Paranoid - Russ
    Lion - Hearts & Colours
    Møøn (Feat. Nonô) - Joe Hertz
    Record U (Feat. Your Friend Deej & Allie) - bad gravity
    Yellow Lights - Harry Hudson
    Pretty Thoughts - Alina Baraz & Galimatias
    Sway - Tove Styrke

Face Claim:

Jacob Bixenman

Appearance

He has molten, hazel eyes that, under the high sun, resemble liquid magma. He has a piercing stare even when he doesn't mean to; his gaze, even when it softens out of fondness, still carries an intense warmth. He's seen many comments under his YouTube videos about how the viewers feel like he's staring right through his soul through their screen. When the crease of his eyelids are darkened and smoked out with dark eyeshadow, it really brings out a tingling sort of ferocity in him which is good, he supposes: it makes him a well-sought-for model.

His face is all sharp edges and cutting slopes: he has a precise jawline and a look when he clenches his jaw in chagrin at any particular question he doesn't appreciate, asked by interviewers who'll immediately point it out and motion for the cameramen for a close-up. It's difficult for him to keep up the "annoyed" act when there are three cameras zeroing in on him, recording material to air later so he'll immediately break out in an endearing, toothy smile, involuntarily licking his lips.

He stands at a good 6'2" (188 cm) and weighs about 74 kg (163 lbs.) It most definitely shows well on him because of the extra hours he spends at the gym every evening. He has a toned body but isn't overly muscular; no overly-defined eight-pack yet but he's working towards it. And he knows he's good-looking, okay? There's no way he would've survived in the industry otherwise. He's not a smug, over-confident brat but maybe you can see the corner of his mouth upturned in those wretched post-workout mirror selfies he posts with no shirt and grey sweatpants.

Extra

He has a habit of licking his lips when he gets shy or is caught off-guard by something and tries to sheepishly play it off, wanting to keep the "suave" act up.

If he can get away with being without a shirt on then girl, he sure as hell won't have a fucking shirt on.
    Personality

Due to the industry he works in and the unearthly levels of competition in it, he's somewhat of an attention-seeker but only when he's in his "element." Whilst on stage, he loves to put on a show for his dearest fans to ensure that all eyes are on him and that he is the hottest topic for at least the next couple of days. He has as much of a presence off-stage as he does on-stage but he has this ability to just turn it off sometimes: Hollywood can get stressful sometimes and he feels needing of getaways every so often. So he'll grab his keys, phone and camera and set out for the world. Surprisingly, he blends in with the crowd just fine when he wishes that be the case and is rarely ever interrupted by fans who recognise him passing by on the street (though that may be because of his rather unkempt appearance off-stage too.)

He's a high sociable, charming character who most take a liking to immediately. He's good at first-impressions and professional banter. However, if you ask his friends and they'll tell you that he isn't nearly as "perfect" as he seems on-camera: he laughs too loud, goes on rants about everything he's passionate about to the point of driving others insane and he gets so clingy and annoying but... they're still so fond of him? "It's just the effect I have on people," he'll say and smile upon receiving "You wish!" and "Credits to our patience for tolerating you!" responses because he knows it's just the effect he has on people. He has a generally cheerful and gregarious disposition but this thought alone - that people are with him simply because being affected by his powers isn't under their control - is enough to have him send his manager's calls to voicemail for days.

Background

"So," the interviewer arranges her flashcards in her lap, prepared lest she forgets any of her lines. "Cleo, I heard you're leaving for the island in a few days? Indulge us--" She vaguely motions around her, gesturing to both, the present audience and the ones sitting behind a phone screen, watching this live. "--With more details! You've been open about your powers ever since your debut, is that correct?"

Nolan licks his lips, a nervous habit, trying to hide the smile creeping up his face. "Yes," he tries not to sound as smug as he thinks he does, "That's true but if I could offer one tiny correction?" Everyone laughs at that and the lady gives him the floor with an enthusiastic, "Be my guest!" He scratches the side of his nose, running the pad of his thumb across his bottom lip. "I think I'm very open about most aspects of my life. You didn't have to host a whole separate interview to ask me just this," he teases with a little crinkle of his nose and tries to keep his heart under control when everyone awws as a reaction. "Yeah but you know my story. Everyone knows my story. I'm that kid you watched grow up on the big screen. You know, the one who started off by leeching off his mother's career." The lady pouts and opens her mouth to deny it. "No, don't deny it," Nolan interjects before it can happen. His tone isn't defensive: he keeps it casual and light, adjusting himself in his seat. "We all know it's true and quite frankly, I'm glad I realised that. It's what motivated me to make a name for myself. And it's what got me here today."

The interviewer smiles softly and reaches over to pat his knee encouragingly. "And you're doing great, sweetie." Nolan beams and she turns to address the crowd, "Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for international sensation: Cleo!"

Yeah. He definitely should've chosen a two-syllable stage-name.

Health Ailments

Not severe enough to require medication or be classed as OCD but Nolan occasionally has depressive episodes regarding his relationships only being a result of his powers. During these, he tends to lock himself up in his room and block out the rest of the world; he can spend days just laying in bed, scrolling through Twitter and absorbing all the negativity and unjustified critique into himself. The end of these mean the springing of anxiety attacks because "I can't be seen like this," "My room is a mess!" "Fuck, I'm a mess. I have an image I need to maintain!" He copes with these by cleaning and tidying: something he doesn't do very often since he has people to take care of it for him but nonetheless, finds very therapeutic.
Night Drive by HENRY

cleo
SCROLL

Q 1) Tell me about yourself.
"Hi, the name's Nolan, better know as Cleo. I'm a model, basically but have starred in a couple movies and shows. You can find my music from back when I was nineteen too but please don't listen to it. I was so bad. Do, however, listen to whatever I'm producing now; I promise, the content's a lot better now - a lot less... cringe."

Q 2) How long have you been at Bainbridge? What brought you to us?
"I've been 'out' about my powers-- that is what you call them, right? Oh, good, I thought there'd be some fancy term. Right, anyways, I've been 'out' about my powers for as long as I can remember. Everyone knows about The Big One too. I saw Bainbridge on my Twitter timeline a lot and everyone would tell me to 'review' it so... here I am. I literally just got here on the last ferry from Cape Town. Fresh meat!"
art is the accomplice of love
take love away and there is longer art

Last edited: