Aeniasu; The Realm of the Fae

What do you think of this?

• I like the world, but it needs work.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like the world.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like this and I will be a part of it!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
L

LittleRedPanda

Original poster
Hello! Thanks for visiting my little interest check/group discussion. A long time ago I built an entire world for the sole purpose of RPing with it. It never truly got off the ground the few times I introduced it, but nevertheless I hold out hope for it. Please stand by for my lengthy descriptions and picture inspiration. Also, please feel free to suggest any ideas you may have.

In the middle of the Akhem ocean there is a very large, C-shaped island, called Fraet. In the olden days, the regions of Fraet were shaped by the divine Fae, a mystical race of fairies, that little to nothing is known about. Fraet was shaped into four regions, centered around Laurel bay. Linlake, being the biggest and most prominent of all of the regions (centered in the very middle of Laurel bay) more or less governs the other 3 regions. Each region has it's own ruler that reports back to the king of Linlake. Linlake has a royal family, as does Facilya, a waterway kingdom on the very north-easternmost tip of Laurel bay. Alaurwen, being a small and loosely spread mystic village in the middle of a very vast swamp, has a chief. Lothelian, a vast city sitting on top of a mountain, has a governor. This region is primarily occupied by humans. There are very few known mystical beings in the region. The two known instances of magic creatures in the region are: the wisps that are granted to each human by the Fae, and the divine Fae which are treated (by some) almost as deities. Every human being is visited by a member of the divine Fae when they are born. The Fae give each human an amulet and a familiar on their day of birth. Your amulet is tied to your life force, meaning if someone breaks your amulet, you die. However, each amulet also gives you one power to use as you deem fit. Each human's amulet is different. The Fae decide what sort of amulet you are given based on your lineage and your foreseen future. The amulets are extremely unequal and you are stuck with what you get. Yet, even if you have the weakest of amulets, your familiar can make up with that. Your familiar is sort of like a magical wisp that lives in the amulet, granting you the power to use your amulet, and even granting you the ability to change into your familiar form (Your familiar form being a sort of mystical trance where you change bodies. Sort of like Aang in the Avatar state being the giant water monster in Avatar: The Last Airbender) At the moment, the regions are at a very tense peace. The 3 regions surrounding Linlake are beginning to get fed up with the way that the largest region demands a share of their main export, for free and continues to maintain a hold over them. Linlake keeps all of the best food and livestock to themselves, viewing the other regions as inferior. Surrounding the 4 regions, effectively cutting off all access to the southern side of the island is Aeniasu, the forest of the Fae. This is where the Fae reside. It is filled to the brim with all sorts of abandoned temples dedicated to the fairies. It is also a black hole. Many expeditions have been forged to make it to the other side of the forest, but none have ever been heard from again.

Pictures and Descriptions:
Linlake:
Linlake is the most prominent of the 4 regions of Fraet. It is a large walled in city with a river running through the middle that flows out to Laurel Bay. The castle of Linlake is centered in the very middle of the river. Around the river on the either side closest to the river is the rich side of Linlake. As you spread out from the river, getting closer to the wall, the city becomes poorer and poorer until you get to the farmlands right inside the walls. Linlake's major industry is farming.

Linlake Castle:

2681629179_dc43e653e2.jpg

germany-mespelbrunn-castle-1024x768.jpg

Linlake City:

medieval-lords-build-defend-expand-1.jpg

village01_446.jpg

Facilya:
Facilya is a waterway kingdom, based on the northeastern tip of Laurel bay. Facilya may seem like a pleasant and happy city, always decorated with bright colors and smiling faces. However, under the surface, Facilya has the highest crime rate of all of the regions. The king is cruel and the canals are not very clean. Facilya's main export is fish and painted and blown glass.

7211.jpg

Medieval_Night_by_Saleri.jpg

Alaurwen:
Alaurwen is a swamp region in between Facilya and Linlake. It is a very difficult region to maneuver through unless you live there. Although a vast region, only a small number of people actually live there. There is a small village with a chief shaman watching over them. Mostly, Alaurwen is populated by mystics and potion makers. Alaurwen's main export is herbs and potions.

misty-swamps.jpg

swamp_by_polyraspad-d2zsqhz.jpg

swamp_village_by_peabody111-d4t6r9w.jpg

Lothelian:
Lothelian is a great mountain city state, situated on the other side of Linlake, towards the northwestern tip of Laurel Bay. It is led by a kindly governor and is probably the most peaceful of the regions. Lothelian's main export is coal and precious metals.

HD-prints-original-oil-paintings-canvas-Naohisa-Inoue-fantasy-20x30-x015.jpg

Fantasy-Cities-44102.jpg

83924.jpg

Aeniasu:
Aeniasu is the forest of the fairy deities that surrounds all the regions. It is regarded as not only sacred, but very dangerous. The forest covers everything and is very labyrinthine in nature. It is littered with all sorts of strange abandoned, crumbling temples that no one knows quite where they came from. Still not much is known about this forest.

forest_never_sleeps_by_zalas.jpg

bg_practice__forest___earth_temple_by_pokey_chan-d5ao65h.png

druid_temple_ruins_by_phantagram-d54u1mk.jpg

entrance_to_the_sacred_tree_iii_by_industrial_forest-d5wt4px.jpg

Fantasy-Wallpaper-tamar20-29095015-2560-1600.jpg

Fantasy-Forest-Wallpaper.jpg

Just a few rules before we begin:

1: You will be magic, yes, but godmodding is NOT ALLOWED. Period.

2: I don't mind romance, but that's not your main plot point. So please no Mary Sues or Gary Stus

3: I'd like everyone to please respect each other. The OOC is a safe place for any person no matter what.

4: Because of the nature of the amulets and familiar forms, I will have to approve your magic. It's just a precaution so that nobody is too OP. That being said, please respect my rulings on your magic.

5: I'm a nice lady. If you have questions, concerns, or plot points/suggestions. Talk to me! I promise I won't bite. Hard.

Now getting to your amulets, just a brief description:

Your amulet was given to you by a member of the divine Fae on the day of your birth. They come to your home, and bind your life force to a magical wisp that is locked into your amulet. Your wisp is a living, breathing being. It can and will talk. However, whether it only talks to you or to everyone, that's up to you. Your amulet just by itself has only one specific power. For example, some amulets can be really lame and give the power of shiny teeth or great hair. Some amulets are elemental in nature. The elemental amulets, however, do not allow you to conjure that element (Unless in your familiar form) they simply allow you to control existing pieces of that element. You may also have a spirit animal amulet, allowing you to only transform into the animal of your amulet. You can even make up your own amulets, like the amulet of charisma, disguise, shapeshifting, etc. The possibilities are endless! Your familiar form works in one of two ways. Your wisp either allows you an almost god/goddess form decked out with glowing eyes or whatever you want. OR your wisp comes out of your amulet and melds with you, forming two identities in a single body for maximum power. Your familiar form can look however you wish it to. However, you can't just slip into your familiar form whenever you want to. Extremely powerful people can learn to do that only after extremely immense studying and practicing. Your familiar comes if your wisp thinks you're in grave danger, or through intense emotions, such as rage.

And for now that's it. Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Interest? :D

I like it I will join

Few thing's first where is your unseelie courts and seelie courts there should always be a light an dark court each has two seasons dark has fall and winter and light has summer and spring each is more powerful in there seasons.

Also is silver and iron something that can harm them?

Will we be able to play a divine fae if we know the history of both courts and how they interact with humans and others such as the light court plays good hearted tricks on humans. And a dark court sees them as slaves and is cruel to them.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I don't quite understand. This particular race of Fae is something entirely different of my own making. I would prefer no one play as them because they're not really relevant to any storyline as of yet and I'm still fleshing them out.

I'm sorry I don't quite understand. This particular race of Fae is something entirely different of my own making. I would prefer no one play as them because they're not really relevant to any storyline as of yet and I'm still fleshing them out.

Fae are actually creatures as in fairy's trolls gargoyles and there are two court's

Fae is a plural word used for fairy creatures and the like. I know that. But that's what they're called in this world. It's not connected to anything else you've heard or read about them. There isn't two courts in this world.

Fae is a plural word used for fairy creatures and the like. I know that. But that's what they're called in this world. It's not connected to anything else you've heard or read about them. There isn't two courts in this world.
Okay that is what I was asking

So, they're not based off mythological Fae, but something different altogether?

They are somewhat based off of mythological Fae. They are fairies in this case. But if I recall correctly, what Satan's is talking about has to do with a specific book series.

They are somewhat based off of mythological Fae. They are fairies in this case. But if I recall correctly, what Satan's is talking about has to do with a specific book series.
No not off a book series at all

Hmm. I remember reading something about seelie courts and such in a book I read many years ago.

Fae:
1) A fae is a humanoid mystical creature that wields great power in magic and elementals, usually have anteneyes and insect like wings, and are short. faes are otherwise known as faries and are commonly used in RPs

2) Shortened definition: fairie

Fae:
1) A fae is a humanoid mystical creature that wields great power in magic and elementals, usually have anteneyes and insect like wings, and are short. faes are otherwise known as faries and are commonly used in RPs

2) Shortened definition: fairie
Yup

That's exactly what they are in this. But this RP is centered around the humans

I would probably join, but I'd like to know what kind of plot you have in mind.

Also, some ideas for fleshing out the setting, since at the moment it feels a little shallow, like there's potential for a lot more than currently exists:
Why do the Fae give every human an amulet and a spirit? That seems like an awful lot of work so there must be something that the Fae gain from doing it.
Why does Linlake rule over the other nations? Did something happen in the past?
Why does a human have only one ability? If they were to take someone else's amulet, would they be able to gain their power too? The way the amulets were described suggests that the ability resides in the amulet, not the wearer, so someone who collected amulets could become very powerful in this situation.
The Fae have colossal power, enough to build an entire country from scratch, and create a forest so heavily enchanted that no one ever returns from it alive. Even so, they don't interfere in the country's politics. Why not?

I would probably join, but I'd like to know what kind of plot you have in mind.

Also, some ideas for fleshing out the setting, since at the moment it feels a little shallow, like there's potential for a lot more than currently exists:
Why do the Fae give every human an amulet and a spirit? That seems like an awful lot of work so there must be something that the Fae gain from doing it.
Why does Linlake rule over the other nations? Did something happen in the past?
Why does a human have only one ability? If they were to take someone else's amulet, would they be able to gain their power too? The way the amulets were described suggests that the ability resides in the amulet, not the wearer, so someone who collected amulets could become very powerful in this situation.
The Fae have colossal power, enough to build an entire country from scratch, and create a forest so heavily enchanted that no one ever returns from it alive. Even so, they don't interfere in the country's politics. Why not?
The plot is still iffy, I was hoping to discuss that with anyone who was interested.

In my mind, the Fae are very detached creatures. They are above everyone else on the food chain but they mostly like to keep to themselves. In the beginning the humans kept getting into ridiculous scrapes because they had no magic and not a lot of common sense either. They kept running to the Fae whenever they needed something. The Fae created this system so that the humans could stand on their own a bit better, and leave the Fae alone.

Linlake in particular is the biggest region in the land and it was fleshed out first. They have the most strategic spot on the island, being right smack in the middle and right on top of the island's only river. There was a time when the regions got along much better than they do now. Linlake was the most successful as it had the best geography and saw that the other's were struggling. To assist them, they helped put all the other rulers in place and built what used to be a sort of Fraet council. They handled the affairs of the island together. But as Linlake got bigger and bigger, the royal family there began to think they were in charge of the whole council. After all, they set it up, right? A bit of it is that the countries are slightly afraid of standing up to Linlake. They control the countries best soil for growing crops.

Humans are not like Fae. The Fae can mostly trust them all with one ability, but not several. The biggest thing about the amulets is that the wisp inside is tied to the particular human who it belongs to. You can take someone's amulet, but the wisp inside cannot be control by you because your life force was not bound to it. Separating the amulet from the wearer is simply a death sentence for both the human and the wisp.

Ah ok, those make sense.