3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
animated-access.gif

[ Skiproute initiating ] . . .
[ Confirmed. Verifying Encryption ] . . . . .
[ 5024 kbit Encryption Enabled. Stand by ] . . .
> Access Point Open
> Broadcast Mode Only
> Greetings, Agent. If you are reading this file, you have officially gone down the rabbit hole. All of your intelligence, and information you've gotten up to this point, while useful, is superseded by this document.
> Welcome to level 10. Depending on your background, you may have varied information in regards to terrestrial threats, powered and enhanced people, and alternate realities.
> All of it is true, and at the same time, none of it is. We are the only line of defense against threats that do not fall clearly into the jurisdiction of SHIELD, SWORD, ARMOR or WAND. It is these hybrid threats that combine two or more of these agencies' areas of expertise that AEGIS is here to combat.
> Knowing of the existence of AEGIS itself requires Level 8 clearance. Knowing what it does is strictly Level 10
> Officially, your clearance within your own department remains unchanged. Unofficially, your current clearance codes will work for any clearance level. Only access information above your official clearance level when absolutely necessary.
> Other than the teams you will be assigned to, you will not know the identities of any AEGIS agents. This compartmentalization is required.
> Check in on this feed regularly to find your assignments. More than that, you do not need to know.
[ End Transmission. Do not disconnect your terminal. You will be provided with a replacement ]

staticscreen.gif

So, essentially, the players in this RP will be agents of one of the conveniently acronym-ridden Marvel organizations.
SHIELD most of you who would even peek at this thread will know.

ARMOR is
Alternate Reality Monitoring and Operational Response

SWORD is Sentient World Observation and Response Department

WAND is Wizardry Alchemy Necromancy Department

That being said, I would prefer all players run Original Characters and not Canon characters, as I want us to tell other stories than the ones that the MCU provides.

Thanks for paying attention.

By the way, this probably won't begin until about the end of February, I'm just tossing the interest check out there.

• SHIELD - Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division: Founded to combat technologically advanced threats on world security (specifically the menace of Hydra), S.H.I.E.L.D. has, throughout the years, remained on the front lines fighting terrorism and extraterrestrial menaces as an international intelligence agency.

• SWORD - Sentient World Observation and Response Department: S.W.O.R.D. (an acronym for Sentient World Observation and Response Department) is a counter terrorism and intelligence agency which deals with extraterrestrial threats to world security. S.W.O.R.D. is a subdivision of the better known S.H.I.E.L.D. but appears to be largely autonomous of its parent organization.

• ARMOR - Alternate Reality Monitoring and Operational Response:Like S.H.I.E.L.D. was established for global security and S.W.O.R.D. for extraterrestrial security, A.R.M.O.R. was established as a force of extra-dimensional security to guard against contamination and conflict from other alternate realities.

• WAND - Wizardry, Alchemy and Necromancy Department: The Wizardry Alchemy Necromancy Department, often identified as "W.A.N.D.", is S.H.I.E.L.D.'s magic defense division, dealing with supernatural threats, even within the Avengers. The organization is made up of various magic users.

• AEGIS - Agency for Earth's General Intelligence Services: AEGIS is an over-arching organization that is secretly supervising SHIELD and all of its divisions. AEGIS pulls agents from the other agencies together to work on the most challenging and diverse cases. A rogue mage goes on a spree in New York? That's for WAND to figure out. If that mage is also an alien from an alternate reality? Then it's AEGIS. Of course no one ever says they are with AEGIS, as its very existence is only known to it's agents, and the handful of people in level 8 or higher clearance positions with SHIELD, ARMOR, SWORD, or WAND.

Last edited:
Say, since this in cinematic, is it possible to use obscure comic/cartoon characters (e.g. Reptil or even a Celestial) and modifying them somewhat heavily?

Say, since this in cinematic, is it possible to use obscure comic/cartoon characters (e.g. Reptil or even a Celestial) and modifying them somewhat heavily?
Celestials? You mean the cosmically powerful gigantic characters who rival Galactus in power? Not exactly the power level I was looking for...
celestial.jpg

More like this..

marvel-future-fight-agents-of-shield.jpg

I have one question about this. This would take place in the MCU, excluding the canon characters involvement, right?​

Oh, sorry, I meant Eternals, such as Asgardians and other Divine Pantheons that are based on myths.

I often confuse the terms.

EDIT: Wait, what were they called again?

Oh, sorry, I meant Eternals, such as Asgardians and other Divine Pantheons that are based on myths.

Wait. Are you referring to the Asgardians and the other invidiuals from one of the nine realms or something else?​

This looks really cool, already have an idea for a character so I'm in!

Reactions: Michale CS
Awh yeaaah! I'm totally, most definitely, without a doubt interested!

I have one question about this. This would take place in the MCU, excluding the canon characters involvement, right?​
They may feature as cameo roles as NPCs, but yes, in the MCU as best as I can manage. And I'll do as they do in Agents of SHIELD, refer to the events of the movies and TV series, but no direct involvement in what is canon there, and what happens in the MCU will affect the events of the RP (other than the fact I have to be behind on actually watching Agents of SHIELD as my TV access is via Netflix/Hulu/TV websites only).

Reactions: sleepingxdragon

Were you thinking Inhumans? Like Daisy Johnson/Skye/Quake and Lincoln Campbell?

If so, totally OK since that's like a major focus of the AoS show.

Can i join... I love superheros and villians XD
More the merrier, but be warned, I won't be launching the RP until I get all of my games convention prep done at the least, and I'll be unavailable on two sequential weekends in Feb, so expect a slow start as far as plot, but my idea is to have two open IC threads for this. One for the"Missions" I run ( and I'm your standard GM who runs the rest of the world as you run your characters) and one casual or "free play" for down time and between mission slice of life stuff.

Im interest have seen all of AOS already have a character planned just wanna know will we use comic pictures for character or real people
@Michale CS

Im interest have seen all of AOS already have a character planned just wanna know will we use comic pictures for character or real people
@Michale CS
I'd prefer photos, but high quality artwork (see the pics I posted above for what I consider high quality) would be acceptable as I realize that if you're playing an enhanced or Inhuman or Asgardian etc. that you'd be hard pressed to get a photo.

Deviant Art has some good stuff as far as art. Personally as a GM I'll be using as much "live action" as feasible.

Since we won't be starting till the end of february, will we have a character sheet or an ooc soon so we could at least work on our characters so we have something to do while we wait?

BTW i was thinking of a young adult male (Around 19-21) who has invisibility as a power, which he could learn different techniques when he is trained. (Think invisible woman's powers but a less powered to start.)

Since we won't be starting till the end of february, will we have a character sheet or an ooc soon so we could at least work on our characters so we have something to do while we wait?

BTW i was thinking of a young adult male (Around 19-21) who has invisibility as a power, which he could learn different techniques when he is trained. (Think invisible woman's powers but a less powered to start.)
My intent is to have an OOC up by Sunday and the "free play" thread up within a week so you folks can get your sheets up and post back stories or flashbacks until I can knuckle down and get the mission stuff worked on.

Awh yeaaah! I'm totally, most definitely, without a doubt interested!
Speccy X3

Sorry couldn't resist.

And Yeah, I'm interested as well! I may actually watch some AoS now.

Status
Not open for further replies.