AEGIS - RP in an expanded Marvel Cinematic Univers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cam thought for a moment... "Yeah just like Mojlnir their sentient somehow... Magical weapons may be the only way to hurt her... Well maybe alien weapons will work to she had me firing at illusions... Either way I don't think we've seen the last of her and we need to find a way to stop her does shield know any sorcerers unless we can get Dr Strange" he asked
@Michale CS

They haven't forgotten you...
Alice was growing impatient with the waiting. Finally, Alice decided to speak to Emmet herself. She really wanted to make a difference somehow. All she thought she needed was to show some initiative. Then maybe they would put her on a mission. Then she could save the day and everyone would be happy again. It was full proof.

She walked over to Emmet's door and started knocking. Hopefully he was not too busy. She still kept the bag of ice on her stomach as ordered but now she could barely feel it.
@Xytheus

A couple of weeks had passed since Maya's little adventure by the pond near the park. Since then, it was safe to say she was pretty confident in herself. She had saved a life! Sure, it wasn't like she was even an inch close to being like the legendary Cavalry, but even one life saved was better than none, right?

At first she had kept the little kitten hidden, though it was a little hard to keep of the facade that the mewling sound was actually really just her stomach growling. There was really no one who believed her for a moment there. Still, it was a kitten, not something from Asgard or something Chitaurian, or any other 0-8-4. There were of course those few paranoid agents who had wanted little Avery checked up. Thankfully Maya had been able to skedaddle before any unwanted hands had grabbed on to her little baby.

For now he was asleep however, and Maya was now headed to an indoor pool. It was not her favourite activity, that was for sure. However, ever since she almost froze by the pond, she seemed to realize that it was something she had to work on. She couldn't expect missions to cater to what she was comfortable with. Water was essentially everywhere aside from a desert, and she doubted she'd be sent anywhere near one soon.

"Right, just goin' for a dip in the pool, nothin' at all scary 'bout that." She pep talked herself all the way, even as she entered the brightly lit pool area, not paying much notice to anyone who gave her weird eyes.

It was when she was about the set a foot in that it suddenly came to her, a memory of when she was fourteen.

"I don' wanna go, please don' make me!"

"Stop your crying and smile. Otherwise it's gonna be worse for you."

"But I don' like it, I can' smile. I'm not happy-"

"Do you want me to shove you in again?"

"NO! No- I'll... I'll do it..."

Maya's ears were flat against her pink hair, tail rather low as she backed away from the pool. If it wasn't innate fear, it was memories she wished she could forget. Maybe it was best she didn't remember life before she was ten?

Hand clenched against her chest, she walked back until she reached a bench, sitting down. A shaky sigh escaped her as she stared at the ground.​

They haven't forgotten you...
Alice was growing impatient with the waiting. Finally, Alice decided to speak to Emmet herself. She really wanted to make a difference somehow. All she thought she needed was to show some initiative. Then maybe they would put her on a mission. Then she could save the day and everyone would be happy again. It was full proof.

She walked over to Emmet's door and started knocking. Hopefully he was not too busy. She still kept the bag of ice on her stomach as ordered but now she could barely feel it.
@Xytheus

Emmet was sitting bored at his desk. He had no on-going operations. Right now, he was the deadliest paper-pusher in the world. He busied himself by balancing his knife on the tip of his nose. "Come in." He said when there was a knock on his door. He quickly deposited the knife in his desk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maya's ears were flat against her pink hair, tail rather low as she backed away from the pool. If it wasn't innate fear, it was memories she wished she could forget. Maybe it was best she didn't remember life before she was ten?

Hand clenched against her chest, she walked back until she reached a bench, sitting down. A shaky sigh escaped her as she stared at the ground.​
"Hey. You all right? Your heart rate is a little elevated." T-Rae said, slipping over the back side of the bench to sit near Maya. "Sorry, side effect of x-ray vision and super hearing, and actually caring about the people I work with. You're Maya, right? Tamara Rae Holstead, though you can call me Tamara or T-Rae."

She stuck out a hand for a handshake, grinning.

@Greenie

"Hey. You all right? Your heart rate is a little elevated." T-Rae said, slipping over the back side of the bench to sit near Maya. "Sorry, side effect of x-ray vision and super hearing, and actually caring about the people I work with. You're Maya, right? Tamara Rae Holstead, though you can call me Tamara or T-Rae."

She stuck out a hand for a handshake, grinning.

@Greenie
Ears twitching, Maya looked up, putting on her cheerful face as she looked to the newcomer. It was something of a mask that she had become so used to putting on that it came rather naturally. It was accompanied by curiosity, however, hearing about the x-ray vision as well as the super hearing. Now that she thought of it, she had seen this girl before.

"Yeppers, I'm Maya, nice t'meetcha, T-Rae!" The cat-girl seemed to have decided to use the nickname, since it sounded really cool. Taking hold of the hand, she shook it enthusiastically. "I'm okeedokee! Well kinda." She pointed to the pool. "I'm like kinda really scared'a water, y'know?" A sheepish laugh escaped her, though she didn't look embarrassed. "I wanna get over it but it's gonna take longer than I thought."

She raised a fist in determination, giving T-Rae a grin. "I'mma try real hard though!"​

"Yeppers, I'm Maya, nice t'meetcha, T-Rae!" The cat-girl seemed to have decided to use the nickname, since it sounded really cool. Taking hold of the hand, she shook it enthusiastically. "I'm okeedokee! Well kinda." She pointed to the pool. "I'm like kinda really scared'a water, y'know?" A sheepish laugh escaped her, though she didn't look embarrassed. "I wanna get over it but it's gonna take longer than I thought."

She raised a fist in determination, giving T-Rae a grin. "I'mma try real hard though!"
"Great to meet you, Maya!" She sort of also overdid the handshake back. It was infectious.

"Well, cats don't like water, eh? Or is it more than that? If it helps I can go with you. I mean, that's why I came to the pool anyway, to do a few laps. You can always go in on the shallow side. We'll talk, and walk in together and next thing you know you'll be in up to your shoulders and won't even know it! That's how my mom did it for me. Of course I was seven, and there was a promise of fudge afterward, so there's that..." T-Rae shrugged and chuckled.

@Greenie

"Great to meet you, Maya!" She sort of also overdid the handshake back. It was infectious.

"Well, cats don't like water, eh? Or is it more than that? If it helps I can go with you. I mean, that's why I came to the pool anyway, to do a few laps. You can always go in on the shallow side. We'll talk, and walk in together and next thing you know you'll be in up to your shoulders and won't even know it! That's how my mom did it for me. Of course I was seven, and there was a promise of fudge afterward, so there's that..." T-Rae shrugged and chuckled.

@Greenie
Maya pursed her lips for a moment, tail swaying a little as she thought. "Ahh probably the cat thingy," she decided with a giggle. "I got all the cool kitty stuff but also the non cool parts too, ya know?" There were other factors as well, but being a cheerful person, she didn't like to talk about things that might darken the mood, especially someone else's. It was one of the reason she either got along very well with people, or the opposite. Her extremely cheery personality was either endearing or annoying.

"Wait, you came here t'swim? Duh, course y'did, that's what anyone would com to a pool for, right?" She chuckled, scratching behind her own ear before looking to the water, a slight doubt showing in her eyes. Her one ear was turned in T-Rae's direction, listening to her. "Erm..." She really wanted to sound enthusiastic about the offered help, but it was a little hard!

Still, Maya couldn't say no to a kind gesture. "Sounds good t'me!" she decided before giggling once more, even nudging T-Rae with her elbow, as if they were already awesome friends. "'Specially the fudge part!"

@Michale CS

Cam thought for a moment... "Yeah just like Mojlnir their sentient somehow... Magical weapons may be the only way to hurt her... Well maybe alien weapons will work to she had me firing at illusions... Either way I don't think we've seen the last of her and we need to find a way to stop her does shield know any sorcerers unless we can get Dr Strange" he asked
@Michale CS
"That would be cool if we did huh? Don't worry, this is why SHIELD doesn't handle everything. WAND will be notified. Stands for Wizardry, Alchemy, Necromancy Department. Not sure who's in charge there right now but we'll put a call in. Come on, let's get back to work here. You're still on desk duty. I'd recommend against setting free any more ancient evils if I were you though. Looks bad on the resume."

@Iroh

Reactions: Unyielding
"Emmet," she called while walking in. She was in her uniform with her katana attached to her back just above her waist. "We want to help too!" Then she placed her hands and the ice on the table. Though her voice was shaky, the intensity in her face passed showed her confidence. "Give us the mission. We will teach them to tread lightly in our shadow." Since this started because of her, she felt responsible. However, her real purpose in pushing this was for payback. She knew she lost because she was caught off guard. She wanted to redeem the pride of Tsukami and make her enemies fear her.

@Xytheus

Reactions: Iroh
"Emmet," she called while walking in. She was in her uniform with her katana attached to her back just above her waist. "We want to help too!" Then she placed her hands and the ice on the table. Though her voice was shaky, the intensity in her face passed showed her confidence. "Give us the mission. We will teach them to tread lightly in our shadow." Since this started because of her, she felt responsible. However, her real purpose in pushing this was for payback. She knew she lost because she was caught off guard. She wanted to redeem the pride of Tsukami and make her enemies fear her.

@Xytheus

Emmet was a little surprised to see Alice come through the door. He raised an eyebrow when she asked for the mission. "No. I've already assigned agent Holstead to plug that leak. I don't think you're ready. You were beaten on that beach, remember? I understand if you want revenge, but agent Holstead has the task well in hand. Just sit tight. Perhaps, visit the training room?" There was an edge in his tone that suggested she do the later.

Alice gritted her teeth and stared down at her shadow. "We did not want to make an incident... had we have the permission, it would be them in the sand." She then removed her hands and took the ice back. She looked at Emmet and bowed her head. Then she placed the ice back on her stomach and left the room.

Taking the man's advice, visited the training room which was empty. She dimmed the lights to encourage Tsukami to come out. On cue, the shadow made its appearance behind Alice mirroring her back to back

"We can always move under the moon. They cannot stop us..." Tsukami's voice dropped the temperature in the room. The lights flickered as her presences rejected the weak light.

Alice turned around to face the shadow being, "That would only further taint to your name..." Tsukami turned around at the same time, continuing the charade. They took a step to each other and connected their left hands.

"It would bring recognition. 'The agent who escaped SHIELD.' I get chills, we can feel chills together."

They removed her hands and took a few steps back. "You suggest we should go rouge?" They both grabbed their blades, unsheathing it an inch out. The lights flickered again and the room grew colder.

"I speak in your best interest, my child..." Then the lights went out. Tsukami appeared behind Alice and swung her sword but Alice spawned a living shadow a few feet in front of her and swapped places. Tsukami sliced the shadow in half and ran at Alice. Tsukami spawned a second shadow which mirrored her and they both crossed while striking Alice. Alice blocked both attacks and watched as they came back around to stab her in the back. Alice flipped over them and swung her sword to parry their counter attack. Then, while still above them, her black spikes jetted out of her shadow. Tsukami got away but the living shadow was destroyed. Then the dim lights came back on

They both stared at each other again. "Tsukami, I live to revive your name. Shield granted me the time taken by the people. The people we act to protect. The people who wish harm on us." Then Alice ran at Tsukami and unleashed a barrage of swings and stabs. Tsukami dodged them all as from reading Alice's mind.

"What are you asking my child?" She kicks the blade out of Alice's hand and knocks the girl down.

Before Alice hits the ground, she creates a small shuriken. Then she slides next to her blade after hitting the ground. "You want your name pure but you advice me at corrupt like them."

Tsukami goes to grab the blade with her free hand. "Your naive nature is cute, but you have much to learn and time to grow." Before she touches the blade, Alice swap places with her shuriken and snatches the sword from the ground. Then she spins but her blade catches on Tsukami's blade.

"Then tell me. What should I do Tsukami... give me your guidance..." Alice jumps back after her failed strike. Tsukami appears behind her with her blade at Alice's throat.

"You ask too much of me my child. What do you wish for?"

"I... dont know...."

@Xytheus

Still, Maya couldn't say no to a kind gesture. "Sounds good t'me!" she decided before giggling once more, even nudging T-Rae with her elbow, as if they were already awesome friends. "'Specially the fudge part!"
"I suppose I could whip up some fudge later, sure." Tamara got up and grabbed Maya's hand, leading her to the steps into the pool.

"So, how long have you been with SHIELD?" Tamara asked, trying to keep her mind off the water.

@Greenie

"I suppose I could whip up some fudge later, sure." Tamara got up and grabbed Maya's hand, leading her to the steps into the pool.

"So, how long have you been with SHIELD?" Tamara asked, trying to keep her mind off the water.

@Greenie
Maya allowed herself to be led, lifting a hand up. "Erm, lemme think about that..." She had a slightly goofy look on her face as she started counting on her fingers, though she didn't say anything more until finally the last finger was down. A grin returned to her face. "Five years! I came when I was eighteen, almost nineteen! I'm twenty-three now, so that's like five years, yeah? How 'bout chu?"
@Michale CS

Maya allowed herself to be led, lifting a hand up. "Erm, lemme think about that..." She had a slightly goofy look on her face as she started counting on her fingers, though she didn't say anything more until finally the last finger was down. A grin returned to her face. "Five years! I came when I was eighteen, almost nineteen! I'm twenty-three now, so that's like five years, yeah? How 'bout chu?"
@Michale CS
"A year and a half. I got my powers a couple months before that." Tamara replied, leading Maya down another step.

"I'm an Inhuman, but I didn't know that until there was this thing between SHIELD and the other Inhumans, where I was exposed to the Terragen Mist. Talk about scary, my whole body was covered in this... Rock stuff."

@Greenie

Cameron went back to digitizing the files...
He was getting tired it would probably take another day to finish...
He pressed the intercom button... "Hey Sam any word from WAND... Or SHIELD... and I'm getting tired and when do we head back " he asked

@Michale CS

Cameron went back to digitizing the files...
He was getting tired it would probably take another day to finish...
He pressed the intercom button... "Hey Sam any word from WAND... Or SHIELD... and I'm getting tired and when do we head back " he asked

@Michale CS
"Oh, we're just on level one. That has all the big boxes. The next two floors down have tons of paper files and scads of, get this, microfiche. Didn't the Director tell you this was a three week job? But don't worry, my team and I know how to have fun. We've got board games. Plus, tonight is taco night. Agent Phelps makes a mean carne asada. You'll probably get a visit from a field agent tomorrow to fully debrief you about the whole Morgan Le Fay incident, but then it's back to work! So chin up, I've just picked up this neat game called Pandemic and I'm excited to play it. See you in the galley trailer at 1830 hours, Agent!"

(( Don't worry, we're not going to RP out every day of the three weeks, just hit the highlights. ))

@Iroh

inukshuk1.jpg

Texas.

The Lone Star State.

One of the few untouched expanse of wilderness wide enough to avoid seeing a golf course or McDonalds. It was a familiar lifeline for the man traveling it, a sense of home that long absence had nearly buried beneath nostalgia.

Just about a hundred and eighty-six years, give or take a day. Of course time would march on without him. It was foolish to presume things would remain the same. Nevertheless when not on the clock, he'd take his leave to the wild places. Where a man could be a man, reliant on none but his wits and his strength.

Funny how literally universal that way of life was.

He dressed much the same as he did back then. His clothing style one he stubbornly grasped with both hands, eschewing the fashions of the world. His hat in particular he regarded as his crown, and if some boy can prance around in skintight red and blue undies, then he could damn well wear his hat where he pleased.

Hands wielding a bowie knife deftly skinned a raccoon, with an unusual display of grim satisfaction. Some cleaning and a rubbing of herbs later, tonights dinner would be ready as he went to wash in the river.

Feet on the Earth, Eyes to the Stars. That was life now and to wish otherwise would have meant he had regrets with the life he lived. Perish the thought.

But in the lazy moments, with the wild game roasting and a whiskey by his side under the stars? Yeah.

He wouldn't mind this lasting longer. But Mamma Graves didn't raise no slacker. He had work that needed doing and a bullet in the chamber for a creature he knew yet roamed free in the Black.

But not just yet.

Lord willing, not just yet.

@Enter the Space Cowboy

"A year and a half. I got my powers a couple months before that." Tamara replied, leading Maya down another step.

"I'm an Inhuman, but I didn't know that until there was this thing between SHIELD and the other Inhumans, where I was exposed to the Terragen Mist. Talk about scary, my whole body was covered in this... Rock stuff."

@Greenie
Maya flinched a little as she stepped down, but she knew she had to. She wouldn't give up, no way! This water was safe and sound, and the people here were nice. She knew that.

Giving herself a mental cheer, she once more focused on T-Rae, trying to keep her breathing normal. Indeed, it was interesting to hear about the other SHIELD Agents. "That does sound scary," she said, ears folding back before returning to normal. "I wonder if that's what happened to me?" She scratched at her head before shaking it. "I kinda already asked 'bout that an' no one I asked thought so."​

"I wonder if that's what happened to me?" She scratched at her head before shaking it. "I kinda already asked 'bout that an' no one I asked thought so."​
"I don't think so either, Maya. If you emerged five years ago, Gordon was still alive then, and he could sense any time a new Inhuman emerged. So, you would have been taken to their sanctuary, which they call Afterlife, oddly enough." She took both of Maya's hands and stepped back a few steps.

"Kick your feet, Maya." And, presuming she did, she would realize that T-Rae had coaxed her all the way out to where the water was deeper than she was tall. And here she was, floating. "See, swimming's not hard. Our bodies naturally have more air in them than the water so we naturally float."

@Greenie

Status
Not open for further replies.