Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Nothing makes you feel more like an adult than having your water heater break and leak 40 gallons of water all into your living room. Ò,Ó While we spend the next week turning the main water line on and off just to flush toilets until the plumber can get to us, we'll be 1-upping our Adult stats as we juggle credit cards and bank accounts to figure out how to pay for it. Ç , Ç

What are some things that happen to you that remind you that you're an adult or made you feel like an adult for the first time?

I'm an owl, so usually I don't even feel human. Ò◇Ó But anytime I have to talk on telephones and make appointments I always feel very adulty.

I recently had to fill out paperwork for a job contract thing and filling out the information for the union that I am affiliated with felt really weird.

I was also stoked at the store today because they had a half-off sale on face wash and lotion.

Reactions: PoetLore and Diana
Nothing has made me feel more like an adult than filling in US visa applications. All the paperwork, the travelling to the embassy, the several steps and the MONEY. It's all so official and adult-y even after three years it still intimidates the fucko outta me lmao

Signing up for health care through my office made me feel grown up. Getting a vet picked out for my kitty made me feel adult. I take better care of him than I do me >.<

Going to court to get my name changed, and then afterwards going through the tedious process of getting my name changed on all official documents (i.e. pension card, health insurance card, passport, bank account, etc.)

Apart from that... taxes.

I've been an adult for a LONG time, but I remember the day it hit me that I was indeed an independent adult....the day I held my first child in my arms and thought...I have to keep this little puking squirming pooping machine alive...*POOF* mind blown

I remember when I got my first job as a seasonal worker with the now-defunct ToysRus (YASS! DIE!). I didn't even apply, my aunt filled out an application for me. Next thing I know I'm getting called in for an interview. Sitting in that office and answering questions on scenarios, safety issues and hazards, as well as filling out that paperwork? That was the first time I felt like I was an adult!

Reactions: Diana
I felt really adult when I got my own office.

And then I immediately felt babbu again when my colleagues started to roast me for my age.

Filling out the forms for tax returns helped me regain that feeling.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Diana and Spekkun
Student loans made me feel bitter and cynical about life. Just like an adult should feel.

That moment when you try to pay all your bills at once, but your internet bill is late arriving in the mail, so it'll be a late payment.

The day I just picked out the good strawberries and washed them off instead of throwing out the whole dang batch when I found two moldy ones.

Also every once and a while I look at my cat and go, 'wow, I take care of a living, breathing creature. It is up to me whether you live or die. I am responsible for you. Wow.' Then she looks at me and washes her ass.

Also every once and a while I look at my cat and go, 'wow, I take care of a living, breathing creature. It is up to me whether you live or die. I am responsible for you. Wow.'

Wait until you have kids.

My oldest daughter turns 18 Friday. Nothing reminds me of how old I am than being told that I will have an 'adult' child in two days. But I managed to keep her alive, healthy, and relatively well-behaved for 18 years, so yay me!

Also every once and a while I look at my cat and go, 'wow, I take care of a living, breathing creature. It is up to me whether you live or die. I am responsible for you. Wow.'

Wait until you have kids.

My oldest daughter turns 18 Friday. Nothing reminds me of how old I am than being told that I will have an 'adult' child in two days. But I managed to keep her alive, healthy, and relatively well-behaved for 18 years, so yay me!

No kids for me. Just cats. lol
I'm sure that's as exciting as it is scary, though!

Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ
I felt like an adult when I stood on the cleaning isle for longer than I am proud of reading the claims of the different dish detergents.

Honestly dude, paying the bills.

I can look at my bank account balance and be like "hey, that's not so bad" and then within a few days the mortgage hits, my car payment hits, my utilities come due, my HOA fees come due, or whatever.

And then I get a little sad.

Every. Fucking. Time.

Reactions: Sidhe
Paying bills, going to work and ... I guess all the crappy non fun things! :D That is Adulting? ...

please.. cancel this hellish trial and ennnd this reign of horror.

Bills...bills... bills.

Bills then cause my anxiety to get worse thus we enter worry.

Then looking and getting a new job just to manage said bills. Can't even remember my last buy for weeb shit. >.> hopefully new job will get me FF7R soldier edition. Cloud's...face is therapy for dumb me.

Me in a nutshell everyday.

Many things, the fact that I am free to do things and go places without any hassle from my parents makes me feel very much like an adult.

There's also just whenever I look back and realize the ungodly amount of change I have experience in my life in just a few short years. My parents getting a divorce and a bunch of other family drama. Getting a job then having to pay rent in order to help support my mom, our financial situation being worse than it once was thanks to my dad leaving. I rarely ever talk to my dad anymore, my mom's seeing new people, whenever I'm not working I either have the house all to myself or I'm out with friends.

It's just such a stark contrast to how uneventful my life used to be. Every day feels like a constant reminder from the world to me that I'm simply not a kid anymore, and every time it catches me by surprise.

God... Being an adult is weird and I'll never get used to it.

Bills, rent, work, car notes, budgeting, and such aside, one of the most prevalent "I'm not a kid anymore" realities I've been faced with is the lack of a consistent social circle. When you're younger, and within a school setting its so easy to be around your friends, interact, etc on a daily basis. I was never one with tons of friends since even back then I valued quality over quantity, but as I've gotten older I've found it insanely difficult to make friends.

I'm not a student anymore so that readily available pool of social diversity isn't within reach. Not to mention that at my job there lies a huge age gap/financial gap between myself, and the majority of my co-workers, so there's little in common there to attempt to encourage friendships. Most are married with kids, and even grandkids, so what interests us are lightyears apart.

On top of that I don't have any social media in which to branch out with, and while I could create something, I'm aware of how toxic social media platforms are/can be. As someone who tries to avoid spaces like that I fear that more harm than good would come from dabbling into social media outlets just on the off chance I may make a friend, or two.

Reactions: LunaValentine