Adventure for the Hell of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, good!
... Although I'm not sure exactly when to meet up with the others. Hmmm...

Name: Dex
Sexual Orientation : Straight
Bio:
Dex grew up in the bad part of the neighborhood. Y'know, dark alleys, thieves, drunks, dysfunctional families, basically the kind of environment that generated snarky street urchins and thuggish criminal wannabes. Dex fit into the "street urchin" demographic. Quick-fingered and agile, he spent most of his innocent childhood filching from unwary passerbys and spent the rest of it on running away like hell from said passerbys. Usually, a large portion of the money he managed to steal went into buying drinks for his poor alcoholic old man, but sometimes he saved just enough to learn magic from the slightly shady magic user who was the local "mentor figure" in his part of town.(Technically, his old man was also a magic user, but he was never really sober enough to make sense. When he was sober..... well. He wasn't very happy when he was sober.) Learning slightly questionable methods of magic, he somehow survived for 15 years...

And then came the fateful day when his old man, somehow, angered a witch.

Dex had always known that Pop was a nasty sort, but he hadn't expected this. Dads weren't supposed to run away like cowards. Dads weren't supposed to steal all the money in the house. And he was pretty damn sure that dads were not supposed to pass away a Curse to their sons like some sick game of Hot Potatoes.

So now there he was, alone, penniless, fatherless, and- get this- INVISIBLE.

Well, that settled it. He was leaving. He was gonna go out into the big, scary world, and face it like a man. Even if he didn't really have a face anymore. But that wasn't the point. Also, he was gonna take up art, because why the heck not. If he could draw magic circles then he could probably draw people and stuff as well.
Thus began his long journey to seek his fortune, and maybe that witch who cursed him as well.
...He'd really like something to happen soon, because it's been three long years, and he's achieved neither.

Personality: Optimistic to the point of idiocy. A total lack of visible facial expressions (save for the floating Cheshire Cat-esque teeth, which are somehow visible) has given him a tendency to exaggerate his movements and dramatize everything he says. This suits him fine, because it gives him an excuse to clown around. Sometimes, he stares at people's faces for way longer than is usually acceptable, but hey, it's not like they're gonna notice. He likes to draw attention to himself, because it's proof that he exists.

Abilities
His condition makes him invisible in nearly every way. Besides being totally transparent, he is scent-less and does not leave a heat signal, making him extremely hard to follow. The invisibility thing itself isn't really all that helpful, because Dex is not going to walk around butt-naked. Nuh-uh. Thankfully, open wounds become visible enough to be treated(as well as the inside of his mouth, for some reason. Maybe the curse thinks of it as a really big wound on his face?)

He's learned the magic-circle method of spellcasting, which requires the user to draw/carve said circles somewhere on his person. Simple illusion-based tricks come naturally enough for him to use them without the whole circle shebang, but when he's on the offensive he uses fire-based formulas that he's carefully tattooed on his fingers. It takes a lot out of him, though, so he rarely tries to blow someone up unless he's really in trouble.

Being a flight-over-fight kinda guy, he isn't too skilled with weapons but he's pretty okay with a knife. When cornered he'll fight dirty- fingers in eyes, elbows in stomach, head slamming against nose and knee in groin, street-kid style. He'll even bite and scratch if necessary.

He's still a pretty good thief as well as an amazing short-distance sprinter. Oh, and he paints portraits for a living. Yeah, the art thing actually worked out.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Oh, good!
... Although I'm not sure exactly when to meet up with the others. Hmmm...

Name: Dex
Sexual Orientation : Straight
Bio:
Dex grew up in the bad part of the neighborhood. Y'know, dark alleys, thieves, drunks, dysfunctional families, basically the kind of environment that generated snarky street urchins and thuggish criminal wannabes. Dex fit into the "street urchin" demographic. Quick-fingered and agile, he spent most of his innocent childhood filching from unwary passerbys and spent the rest of it on running away like hell from said passerbys. Usually, a large portion of the money he managed to steal went into buying drinks for his poor alcoholic old man, but sometimes he saved just enough to learn magic from the slightly shady magic user who was the local "mentor figure" in his part of town.(Technically, his old man was also a magic user, but he was never really sober enough to make sense. When he was sober..... well. He wasn't very happy when he was sober.) Learning slightly questionable methods of magic, he somehow survived for 15 years...

And then came the fateful day when his old man, somehow, angered a witch.

Dex had always known that Pop was a nasty sort, but he hadn't expected this. Dads weren't supposed to run away like cowards. Dads weren't supposed to steal all the money in the house. And he was pretty damn sure that dads were not supposed to pass away a Curse to their sons like some sick game of Hot Potatoes.

So now there he was, alone, penniless, fatherless, and- get this- INVISIBLE.

Well, that settled it. He was leaving. He was gonna go out into the big, scary world, and face it like a man. Even if he didn't really have a face anymore. But that wasn't the point. Also, he was gonna take up art, because why the heck not. If he could draw magic circles then he could probably draw people and stuff as well.
Thus began his long journey to seek his fortune, and maybe that witch who cursed him as well.
...He'd really like something to happen soon, because it's been three long years, and he's achieved neither.

Personality: Optimistic to the point of idiocy. A total lack of visible facial expressions (save for the floating Cheshire Cat-esque teeth, which are somehow visible) has given him a tendency to exaggerate his movements and dramatize everything he says. This suits him fine, because it gives him an excuse to clown around. Sometimes, he stares at people's faces for way longer than is usually acceptable, but hey, it's not like they're gonna notice. He likes to draw attention to himself, because it's proof that he exists.

Abilities
His condition makes him invisible in nearly every way. Besides being totally transparent, he is scent-less and does not leave a heat signal, making him extremely hard to follow. The invisibility thing itself isn't really all that helpful, because Dex is not going to walk around butt-naked. Nuh-uh. Thankfully, open wounds become visible enough to be treated(as well as the inside of his mouth, for some reason. Maybe the curse thinks of it as a really big wound on his face?)

He's learned the magic-circle method of spellcasting, which requires the user to draw/carve said circles somewhere on his person. Simple illusion-based tricks come naturally enough for him to use them without the whole circle shebang, but when he's on the offensive he uses fire-based formulas that he's carefully tattooed on his fingers. It takes a lot out of him, though, so he rarely tries to blow someone up unless he's really in trouble.

Being a flight-over-fight kinda guy, he isn't too skilled with weapons but he's pretty okay with a knife. When cornered he'll fight dirty- fingers in eyes, elbows in stomach, head slamming against nose and knee in groin, street-kid style. He'll even bite and scratch if necessary.

He's still a pretty good thief as well as an amazing short-distance sprinter. Oh, and he paints portraits for a living. Yeah, the art thing actually worked out.
This character seems really interesting! Approved! Have at it in the IC thread!

You can meet us on the road!

Ok. Fishing rod and cloak or bow and axe? (Will not be important until later)

Aly carries a bow. We can make a fishing rod from a stick and yarn and fashion a hook from bone later. It's really all up to you.

"Heads Carolina, Tails California!"
(I think JoDee Messina sings that.)

Anyway, I pick heads. Lol

@Chaikit Dex is clothed. It's unsurprising that Damon would know where he is. Just in case you didn't know~

I was under the impression that his clothes were also invisible. Otherwise, there wouldn't be much need for him to be surprised that he was seen. @Rupee

Ah. Reading his most recent post, it seems they aren't invisible. Never mind that then. XD

Oh! Yeah, Dex's body is invisible. His clothes are not. Sorry about all the confusion.

• Useful
Reactions: Wryneck
Herro der. I haz a queschun. Are we dead? 'Cuz I dun wanna be dead. *pouts*

~kicks everyone~
Y'all dead? Did the manticore get us while Dex had us distracted?! That little sneak!

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
I've been super busy I'll try to get something out of my scatter brained mind today but I went outta town and forgot my laptop charger like an idiot so here I am on my phone. I'm terribly sorry just let that manticore eat me ;-;

*listens to the silence*
...Fine, fine. Gimme a minute and I'll post. *Pfhoot*

I'll make a reply after my morning shift

@WhiteWolfKC I don't think anyone actually knows what the Manticore's current location looks like. Let's brainstorm!

Those of you in favor of a random thorny jungle surrounding a hidden concrete building, raise your hands.

Those of you in favor of going desert-ey and finding the hideout under an oasis-type lake, say 'aye'.

Those of you who have a better idea, speak now or forever hold your peace~

@Crono @toast @WhiteWolfKC @CynderTheDragoness @Crow @Chaikit @Michael Kokirin @Rupee

Status
Not open for further replies.