Advent City OOC Sign Ups Thread

So I'm gonna be off topic as Hell here. What exactly is the maximum level of Mana manifestation. Like How powerful can we go with spells and such? I'm considering making a mage style char, one who dosn't use any guns, but is one of the rare few who can outright control mana as he wishes. so, he'll be hurling fireballs, making mana sheilds ect. so I'm curious, how insane can I go with the spells?

So I'm gonna be off topic as Hell here. What exactly is the maximum level of Mana manifestation. Like How powerful can we go with spells and such? I'm considering making a mage style char, one who dosn't use any guns, but is one of the rare few who can outright control mana as he wishes. so, he'll be hurling fireballs, making mana sheilds ect. so I'm curious, how insane can I go with the spells?
Thin mana shield as large as the character and fireballs about the size of a volleyball.

blades with length equal to 2/3 of the character's total armspan.

enchanted swords/shields

nothing that would bring invincibility, insta-kill, poison, curses, or any of the other banned magics.

Just make a character and submit it. Though are you sure you can handle three characters at once?

Thin mana shield as large as the character and fireballs about the size of a volleyball.

blades with length equal to 2/3 of the character's total armspan.

enchanted swords/shields

nothing that would bring invincibility, insta-kill, poison, curses, or any of the other banned magics.

Just make a character and submit it. Though are you sure you can handle three characters at once?
I run D&D sessions, and build worlds. 3 chars isn't a issue for me. so long as I try and avoid having them talk. might make this guy a gang mage. freedom of magic and all that.

I run D&D sessions, and build worlds. 3 chars isn't a issue for me. so long as I try and avoid having them talk. might make this guy a gang mage. freedom of magic and all that.
okay.

@Omega Black so any other ideas?
The gas canisters can cause illusions. My main problem was the gas thing on his armor. Having gas literally spew out of his armor is a little too much, since that means it would affect anybody that goes near him.

Well, I was gonna have it say. He can spray gas from his hands. But in only short burst for when he is up close. That's why I said the canisters were on his armor somewhere. I didn't know where else to put it XD.

Well, I was gonna have it say. He can spray gas from his hands. But in only short burst for when he is up close. That's why I said the canisters were on his armor somewhere. I didn't know where else to put it XD.
Have him throw them like grenades, or roll them across the floor

Alright I'll have him do that then, should I also make another thread for the black nightmare gang?

Alright I'll have him do that then, should I also make another thread for the black nightmare gang?
Yes, but nobody is to post in it yet. Just make the thread describing the hideout and keep a list of members (Characters and their players) at the bottom of the thread.

24fndAw.jpg

Name:
Alice Mary Reyvine Irvin

Sexual Orientation:
Not interested in romance. Could lean ether way depending on future interactions.

Combat Type:
Long-range to middle range combat.

Magic Type:
N/A.

Weapon of Choice:

• OTs-03 SVU Sniper Rifle
    800px-Dragunov_SVU_03.jpg
    An late cold war/early post-cold war weapon designed as a bullpup version of the SDV sniper rifle. Equipped with integral flash hider, muzzle brake (which is specially designed to absorb almost half of the recoil) and bipod.
    Length: 84 cm (~2 feet, 9 inches)
    Weight: 4-5 kg (~9-11 lbs) - 3.6 kg empty (no ammo and scope weight)
    Effective firing range: 1,200 meters (~1300 yards).
    Magazine: 10 or 20 rounds detachable box magazine. Alice uses the later, 20 rounds box for increased ammo capacity.
    Scope: Iron sights, PSO-1 telescopic sight

[tab=FN P90]

• Five-seveN/FN Five-seven Pistol
    1024px-FNUSG01.jpg
    Just like the P90 the FN Five-seven was a pistol planed to replace the 9mm Parabellum weapons of NATO. It is a early post-cold war pistol that fires 5.7x28 mm rounds. These rounds are powerful and upon entering a body, tumble, increasing the cavity and damage done. Able to penetrate body armor at much greater ranges then effective range the rounds have also been designed with safety in mind, their design reduces chance of overpenetration, ricochet and makes the bullet lose much of it's kinetic energy, and thous damage and stray victim potential, after 400 m (~440 yards) of flight.

Length: 20.8 cm (~8.2 inches)
    Weight: 744 g (~1.6 lbs)
    Effective firing range: 50 m
    Magazine: 20 or 3o round detachable box magazine. Alice uses 20 round magazines.
    Sights: Three dot fixed or adjustable iron sights.
    Accessories: Tactical lights, laser sights, sound suppressors, can be mounted on a Corner Shoot.

A Israeli company created a total conversion kit that transforms the FN Five-seven into a PDW.

Alice uses the FN Five-seven MK2 with a mounted laser aiming device and adjustable iron sights.

• Alice's Backpack "The B-Pack"
    A custom made backpack that Alice uses by a friend of hers. The back-pack is made out of synthetic polymers with attached carbon nano-fiber protectors that provide protection for the stuff inside from both smaller bullets and impacts.
    The backpack has sections and each section has it's own use. The highest section is the wireless communication system connected to the combat helmet that allows communication with others. Since this equipment is not to big it only occupies a small amount of the backpack. For additional protection all communication equipment lied inside a box made out of three layers, one Kevlar, one carbon nano-fiber and a special shock-absorbing polymer.
    Bellow this there is a fairly large compartment which contains, starting from inside towards the outside - three one liter water bottles, two military rations and multiple energy bars and finally reserve clothing.
    The next section are actually two medium sized-sections, one containing equipment for night goggles and the other holding a gas mask.
    The final section contains a flashlight, waterproof lighter, three waterproof markers and a Swiss army knife.

Combat helmet, made out of advanced composite materials, equipped with a microphone and speaker for communication use. Can mount tactical lights.
A case, looking like one meant for a classical string instrument, actually lead-laden and meant to stealthy carry her weapons without attracting attention.

Personality:
Alice is a calm and collected person, which believes that words should be carefully chosen and well-tough before being spoken. That doesn't meant that she is not unable of being emotional but that she doesn't let her emotions cloud her judgment.
The only confirmed enjoyment that Alice has are guns and shooting them, especially at live targets, preferably human.
She is know to hate alarm clocks and onions, but the most important thing under this category is her burning hate for cigarette smoke, to the point of using her pistol to destroy lit ones in her presence.

History:
Alice was born in a fusion of two families with a militaristic mindset and dislike for magic. Her father is a former sniper from a family of gun-makers and her mother is the second heir to a family businesses of customizing guns. Risen in a magic-free environment (batter-powered car, small hydro plant for electricity, solar panels and small wind turbines) within anti-magic sentiment and exposed to firearms from early age it was no surprise that Alice became greatly interested in guns and all about them.
But her body wouldn't allow her to fire an gun until her eighth year of life and special training that she underwent for two years before that. The next eight year of Alice's life were filled with sleep, household chores, at-home schooling and lots and lots of target practice and physical training to make her surpass her father in marksmanship at the age of 16 and to mach him in physical performance after becoming 18.
During the two years before becoming 18 Alice traveled out of her home a lot to meet with people that collected or used weapons that existed before magic and learn from them.
Finally after her eighteenth birthday she was allowed to pick four things as a farewell gift for leaving home with the goal of establishing a name and place for oneself in the world. She chose three guns, which she still has, uses and regularly maintains, and a order for a backpack that she herself designed with a few tips from an acquaintance of hers.
After that she left home and her trail becomes hard to track, due to her changing fake IDs and aliases often. But it is pretty certain that she traveler, and is still traveling the world in search of worthy challenges, leaving a wake of dead bodies behind herself, all gathering dust as unsolved case files, in which many times a person resembling Alice was a primary suspect.
Alice's journey now reaches Advent City, but not without problems as her parents tried to stop her from entering it and exposing to magic but she managed to use a few sentences to make them allow her to enter and even not to revoke their support for her journey.

Other:
Alice has an condo, actually located quite near to the Razers HQ.
Since the rarity of 5.7 mm bullets used by the P90 and Five-seveN nowadays Alice has a special supplier of them that delivers them to her condo each Saturday. There are always 5 P90 Magazine and 5 Five-seveN magazines in the delivery. If she manages to call three or more days before the delivery she can get a increased amount of magazines.
The rounds used by the Dragunov SVU are more wide-spread and magazines can be delivered on request, with the magazines being delivered inside one or two days. Usually delivery is 5 magazines each Monday but the number of magazines delivered can be increased by requesting so at least two days before delivery.

X-X-X-X-X

Rework finished.
denied.

• Mind elaborating why?
You still made her weapons non-magic. And that bag and helmet are way too OP.
Please read through the original thread again, paying close attention.

24fndAw.jpg

Name:
Alice Mary Reyvine Irvin

Sexual Orientation:
Not interested in romance. Could lean ether way depending on future interactions.

Combat Type:
Long-range to middle range combat.

Magic Type:
N/A.

Weapon of Choice:

• OTs-03 SVU Sniper Rifle
    800px-Dragunov_SVU_03.jpg
    An late cold war/early post-cold war weapon designed as a bullpup version of the SDV sniper rifle. Equipped with integral flash hider, muzzle brake (which is specially designed to absorb almost half of the recoil) and bipod.
    Length: 84 cm (~2 feet, 9 inches)
    Weight: 4-5 kg (~9-11 lbs) - 3.6 kg empty (no ammo and scope weight)
    Effective firing range: 1,200 meters (~1300 yards).
    Magazine: 10 or 20 rounds detachable box magazine. Alice uses the later, 20 rounds box for increased ammo capacity.
    Scope: Iron sights, PSO-1 telescopic sight

acording to the first page, you may have 1 primary and 2 secondary weapons. This is a primary weapon. Note, it also states you have 9 rounds per mag. you are allowed a total maximum of 5 clips per gun.
    [tab=FN P90]

• Five-seveN/FN Five-seven Pistol
    1024px-FNUSG01.jpg
    Just like the P90 the FN Five-seven was a pistol planed to replace the 9mm Parabellum weapons of NATO. It is a early post-cold war pistol that fires 5.7x28 mm rounds. These rounds are powerful and upon entering a body, tumble, increasing the cavity and damage done. Able to penetrate body armor at much greater ranges then effective range the rounds have also been designed with safety in mind, their design reduces chance of overpenetration, ricochet and makes the bullet lose much of it's kinetic energy, and thous damage and stray victim potential, after 400 m (~440 yards) of flight.

Length: 20.8 cm (~8.2 inches)
    Weight: 744 g (~1.6 lbs)
    Effective firing range: 50 m
    Magazine: 20 or 3o round detachable box magazine. Alice uses 20 round magazines.
    Sights: Three dot fixed or adjustable iron sights.
    Accessories: Tactical lights, laser sights, sound suppressors, can be mounted on a Corner Shoot.

A Israeli company created a total conversion kit that transforms the FN Five-seven into a PDW.

Alice uses the FN Five-seven MK2 with a mounted laser aiming device and adjustable iron sights.

This is ok for a secondary weapon, but please note, 9 rounds per mag rule is repeated here.

• Alice's Backpack "The B-Pack"
    A custom made backpack that Alice uses by a friend of hers. The back-pack is made out of synthetic polymers with attached carbon nano-fiber protectors that provide protection for the stuff inside from both smaller bullets and impacts.
    The backpack has sections and each section has it's own use. The highest section is the wireless communication system connected to the combat helmet that allows communication with others. Since this equipment is not to big it only occupies a small amount of the backpack. For additional protection all communication equipment lied inside a box made out of three layers, one Kevlar, one carbon nano-fiber and a special shock-absorbing polymer.
    Bellow this there is a fairly large compartment which contains, starting from inside towards the outside - three one liter water bottles, two military rations and multiple energy bars and finally reserve clothing.
    The next section are actually two medium sized-sections, one containing equipment for night goggles and the other holding a gas mask.
    The final section contains a flashlight, waterproof lighter, three waterproof markers and a Swiss army knife.

I don't know if you have heard the term but 'magic bag of solutions' applies here. basicly its so full of stuff that if ANYTHING happens she instantly has a solution. this is overpowered.

Combat helmet, made out of advanced composite materials, equipped with a microphone and speaker for communication use. Can mount tactical lights.
I cannt see her walkign round with this. it just dosn't fit. 'I have a stealthy music case machine gun, but I'm gonna walk round with a combat hat on!'

A case, looking like one meant for a classical string instrument, actually lead-laden and meant to stealthy carry her weapons without attracting attention.
I can see this working. so long as its clear that it CAN be spotted.
Those are the reasons its denied I imagen.

/Sigh/

Look, I'm not getting in to this argument with you. You can refrence real world data all you want. but The GM has stated what the rules are. I could give my guy a SAW and pull real world data for that. but it wouldn't be allowed. Ya know why? because of the rules.
If you are going to treat me like some moron for trying to help you then I am glad you will not be partaking in this roleplay from what I can see.
I know they are real world guns, I know how real world guns work. trust me on this, I probably know more than you but I am not arguing this with you, clearly you don't want to respect the rules of the RP and insist on having your own way.
And another point on your 'valuing real world data over all other things' guess what? I could put up the real world specs of a TANK for all the good that would do. now if you don't mind, back to building the crazy mage dude.

Additional;
8.) ALL characters must use magic of some sort.
chopped from the rules. your char is also in breach of this.

Additional 2;
You utterly ignored my comment on your backpack. I assume because its the only one you can't treat me as a moron for.

Last edited:
do not see even one of part of the opening post that says that guns that are non-magic or from BEFORE magic existed are banned.
Look in the RULES

No. An event was in 2033. It is 2102.

I value REAL WORLD data above the setting if the setting is a FUTURE HISTORY (which this RP is just with magic) or set in CLOSE FUTURE.
Then you don't need to be in this RP. I am the gm and my word is law. If you have an issue with me disapproving of your "All about science" attitude, take your "all about science" attitude elsewhere.

Look, I'm not getting in to this argument with you. You can refrence real world data all you want. but The GM has stated what the rules are. I could give my guy a SAW and pull real world data for that. but it wouldn't be allowed. Ya know why? because of the rules.
If you are going to treat me like some moron for trying to help you then I am glad you will not be partaking in this roleplay from what I can see.
I know they are real world guns, I know how real world guns work. trust me on this, I probably know more than you but I am not arguing this with you, clearly you don't want to respect the rules of the RP and insist on having your own way.
And another point on your 'valuing real world data over all other things' guess what? I could put up the real world specs of a TANK for all the good that would do. now if you don't mind, back to building the crazy mage dude.
Eddi, take everything with a grain of salt.

BUT I WILL LEAVE THE MATTER OF MAGAZINE CAPACITY TO THE GM.
I made the limit of 9 bullets per mag, and 5 mags per gun. If you multiply and round up that means I'm giving you a limit of 50 bullets you can carry per gun at one point in time. Plus I also made special rulings for fully-auto weapons.

To be true I find the 9 rounds/magazine rule highly unrealistic as only a few guns today,
*cough cough* My RP *cough cough* I set the limit so battles don't involve god-moding.

In the world of warfare MORE DAKKA is important
Well, guilds have little to no support from the government, and ammo, especially empty magical rounds, can be expensive. The ammo limit is to limit the amount of spells people use.

@gamer5 if you'd pay attention to the rules, arguments wouldn't ensue. Just because you've been in a bunch of group RPs before does not give you the merits to question the GM, what.so.ever.

@gamer5

12. A Game Master's Word is Law. Please have respect for the owner of a roleplay
A "Game Master" is the owner, creator, or thread starter of a roleplay. It is THEIR roleplay. They have a vision they want to accomplish. When you join their roleplay, you are agreeing to adhere by their rules and participate in a manner that accomplishes their goals. A Game Master has every right to kick a player out of their roleplay if a player is not following their rules.​
https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/help/terms

@gamer5

12. A Game Master's Word is Law. Please have respect for the owner of a roleplay
A "Game Master" is the owner, creator, or thread starter of a roleplay. It is THEIR roleplay. They have a vision they want to accomplish. When you join their roleplay, you are agreeing to adhere by their rules and participate in a manner that accomplishes their goals. A Game Master has every right to kick a player out of their roleplay if a player is not following their rules.

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/help/terms
I should be reading up on this XD

fd5ykn.jpg

Name: Gabey Neruton
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Combat Type: Close-Mid range with handcanons while long-mid range with the M4.
Magic Type: Magnetic Mana shield
-Can stop and redirect magical bullets in mid air.
-Makes him tired and sleepy.
Weapon of choice:
A pair of hand cannons.
Magazine size: 9 (+1 in the chamber)
Speed_painted_hand_cannon_by_torvenius.jpg

-Bullets travel at the speed of sound.
M4 Carbine
Magazine size:30(+1 in the chamber)
37290-DEFAULT-L.jpg

- Bullets travel slightly faster than the speed of sound
Personality: He is purely evil, there is no sense to why he does it but he will kill not his gang because gangs are not guilds. He holds a deep hatred for birds and white haired people.He is only compassionate to his comrade in arms who also wants to destroy advent city.
History: He was a orphan whose parents thrown him into the streets but he was picked up by a evil orphanage lady who only goals is to profit from him since there was funding for orphanages. He didn't like the lady, she had white hair. Every night she would kick him and torture him in front of the other orphans. So one day he killed her. Ever since then he has been wondering and found himself in advent city.
Other: He also carries a backpack with a huge amount of Hand Gun magazines.

fd5ykn.jpg

Name: Gabey Neruton
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Combat Type: Close-Mid range with handcanons while long-mid range with the M4.
Magic Type: Magnetic Mana shield
-Can stop and redirect magical bullets in mid air.
-Makes him tired and sleepy.
Weapon of choice:
A pair of hand cannons.
Magazine size: 9 (+1 in the chamber)
Speed_painted_hand_cannon_by_torvenius.jpg

M4 Carbine
37290-DEFAULT-L.jpg

Personality: He is purely evil, there is no sense to why he does it but he will kill not his gang because gangs are not guilds. He holds a deep hatred for birds and white haired people.He is only compassionate to his comrade in arms who also wants to destroy advent city.
History: He was a orphan whose parents thrown him into the streets but he was picked up by a evil orphanage lady who only goals is to profit from him since there was funding for orphanages. He didn't like the lady, she had white hair. Every night she would kick him and torture him in front of the other orphans. So one day he killed her. Ever since then he has been wondering and found himself in advent city.

I don't know so much about the magnetic deflection stuff, it might be seen as overpowered. And even if that, where does the ability come from, magic gloves? And there's a limit to Ammo if you saw in the rules, so the backpack thing might be denied. But I'm not the gm so I don't know what he'll say exactly, but that's my opinion in order to help you get accepted.

Can stop and redirect magical bullets in mid air
Not mid-air, only after the spell's been fired, so this should block spells, not magical bullets, because the bullets are useless once the spell is shot out.

Most bullets do, or else they'd fall to the ground after a certain distance.

you can only carry 3 of this magazine, so you should conserve ammo.

nope

I'm sorry but this is poorly written, with very little grammar.

This goes against my rules. And with the speed of sound things you obviously know very little about firearms.

I'm sorry but your character is denied.