Status
Not open for further replies.
R

respire

Original poster
Are you still looking?

[BCOLOR=#000000]No.[/BCOLOR]

Greetings and salutations.

I'm Alekto. I'm no stranger to roleplaying, and have been at the hobby for a little over ten years. That being said, I've been facing some serious (it's bad) writer's block recently, and am hoping a good roleplay or two with an inspiring writer will help prevent my sad muse from breathing its last. Before you go any further, I'd like to get the obligatory rules out of the way.

*Also, read my resume. Resume is optional, but there's important stuff in there. And for the love of Cthulu [BCOLOR=#000000]***please read the rules below***[/BCOLOR] (the fact that I even have to highlight this is ridiculous). I'm sorry if it seems lengthy, but reading the rules is necessary and I didn't write all that just for you to ignore it, mmkay? I'll know if you didn't, and I won't respond if you don't. Sorry. *nonchalant shrug*

[BCOLOR=#000000]Rules[/BCOLOR]

• I'm capable of (and enjoy) playing both genders. No preference. But yes, I am female, if that somehow matters.
  • Characters must be over 18. Over 21 would be greatly preferred.
  • I'm requesting a writing sample (it doesn't have to be a long one) from any interested parties. I don't mean to offend, I promise you; some writing styles just don't mesh. Similarly, if you'd like a writing sample of mine (other than the ones in my resume), feel free to make a request via PM.
  • Please post at least two paragraphs of an adept-advanced quality. As I've mentioned, I'm trying to recover from a horrific case of writer's block, and as such wish to take things easy at the moment. Quantity doesn't matter if the quality's present. However, if inspiration strikes, I will sometimes be able to write a page. It really depends.
  • Do not expect me to match your post length. Outside of the two paragraph requirement I specified, I won't force myself to write more if I can't.
  • This is the most important rule. I'm not known for my posting consistency. [BCOLOR=#000000]Do not[/BCOLOR] get on my case for posts. You may send me a message in the vein of "is everything okay?" but I will ignore you as soon as I see something like "why the hell haven't you posted?!" I struggle with anxiety and depression which can sap my motivation; and even when that's being managed, I have a RL schedule to keep which can sometimes be exhausting. I'm an extremely patient partner, having picked up roleplays with people after a year on hiatus. Show me the same courtesy. If you're someone who prefers speed-of-light posts, it's likely we won't be compatible. I will try my best to post on the regular (and I do accomplish this more often than not), but I cannot guarantee it. I will bite back if you get unnecessarily aggressive.
  • I do not play multiple main characters. I will usually have one main, and a whole slew of minor/side characters I'll bring in to move the story forward/populate the roleplay's world. But, main character-wise, I will not double, or triple, or what-else-have-you. This is just me being stubborn (since I prefer to concentrate on single character development), but I may consider it if you give me a very, very engaging plot.
  • Let me know if you've hit a wall or lost interest. We can work it out or go our separate ways. Absolutely no hard feelings, even if we're only two posts in. I reserve the same right. If you're going to get pissed if I decide to drop in a story's early stages, do not contact me. Sometimes, I'm just not "feeling" it; and usually, it's my fault, not yours. This has happened (regretfully) with some amazing writers, so it's nothing to do with you or your ability as a competent storyteller.
  • Romance will happen. But it has to be natural, and take a backseat to the main plot; so, more plot than smut, please. Romance also doesn't have to be the mushy-gushy sort, though some of that isn't bad to lighten the mood every so often. Give me quiet joy, give me raw anguish, give me heart.
  • If you've read the rules, include the name of a song you like somewhere in your initial PM. I really hate having to resort to checks like this, but recent experiences have left me very jaded.
  • I prefer PMs. But threads are okay too.
  • Assist me with world-building and plot twists. I won't carry the story on my own. Introduce minor characters as you see fit. But please note that I prefer to world-build as we move the story along, and not sort every tiny detail out before we even start. But we will (obviously) sort out the necessary things first.
  • Please use either a photograph or a realistic illustration, not anime, if you choose an image to represent your character's appearance (if, meaning it's not necessary. A textual description contained within your introductory post is perfectly acceptable - and preferred).
  • Please be polite OOC. If you aren't, I'll put you on ignore.

[BCOLOR=#000000]If you've made it thus far and haven't run screaming for the hills just yet, do accept my hearty congratulations. If you play nice with me (and read and comply with my rules, *ahem*), you'll find that I'm (usually) a very pleasant person (emphasis!) who is about as threatening and unpleasant as a fluffy, luxurious goose down pillow in a 100% Egyptian cotton pillow case. Now, to the fun part...[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Genres/Ideas/Pairings[/BCOLOR]

(In bold are my preferred roles. If none are in bold, I can play either. If there's a [BCOLOR=#000000]*[/BCOLOR] beside it, I'm craving it.)

I'm more than open to combining genres.

[BCOLOR=#000000]Just to clear up some confusion: (see paragraph below)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]If the plot is inspired by something (a game, most likely; example: "Bioshock-inspired"), you don't have to know the source of inspiration to pick that idea (since some of those are games I'm only in the midst of completing/on my list for completion). It'll just be an original roleplay inspired by the source, not a fandom roleplay. I'm not looking for purely fandom roleplays right now, unfortunately.[/BCOLOR]

I'm also open to suggestions.

Now, in no particular order...

• [BCOLOR=#000000]Medieval Fantasy, Victorian Gothic Fantasy, Steampunk[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000] Royal/Noble x Commoner
    Crown Prince(ss) x Anyone
    [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000] Royal/Noble x Thief
    Thief
    x Anyone
    [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000] Royal/Noble x Bandit King/Queen[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Royal/Noble x Knight/Soldier[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Royal/Noble x Royal/Noble[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Royal/Noble x Bodyguard[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Elf x Human[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Dragon Shifter x Dragon Rider
    Mercenary x Anyone
    Mercenary x Mercenary
    [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000] Paladin x Deity's Chosen[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] "Chosen One" x Guardian[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Cleric/Priest x Anyone
    Cleric/Priest x Their Deity
    Deity x Human
    Ranger x Anyone
    [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000] City Guard-Captain x Criminal[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Necromancer x Anyone[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Assassin x Anyone[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Knight/Soldier x Commoner
    Knight/Soldier x Knight/Soldier
    [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000] Bounty Hunter x Bounty
    Bounty Hunter x Bounty Hunter
    [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000] Creature Hunter x Creature (with human form)[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Creature Hunter x Creature Hunter* (based on a Victorian/gothic world like that of Bloodborne)
    Monster Hunter x Anyone
    [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000] Mage Hunter x Mage[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Dark Steampunk Western
    Slaver x Slave
    Escaped Slave x Anyone
    Summoner x Summoned Familiar
    Beastmaster x Beast Shifter
    [/BCOLOR]

• [BCOLOR=#000000]Science Fiction, Cyberpunk, Futuristic, Dystopian[/BCOLOR]

(I adore sci-fi. But please note that while I am presently trying (the sciences did not constitute my strengths in school, sorry to say) to get into/read more hard sci-fi, I'm still more comfortable with not going so technical that we lose sight of the human/emotional/adventure element. Plus, a gratuitous ton of technobabble tends to confuse me. This is not saying we can't be technical, however! A reasonable amount of technical writing does tend to add to a story's realism. And if you're a sci-fi lover willing to help kindly educate this ordinarily medieval/fantasy fanatic, I'll love you forever.)

[BCOLOR=#000000]Military Sci-Fi[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Space Western[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Borderlands-inspired[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Soldier x Soldier[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Soldier x Spy[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Soldier x Diplomat[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Soldier x Alien Soldier (humanoid)[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Bounty Hunter x Bounty[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Bounty Hunter x Bounty Hunter[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Escaped Convict x Civilian[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Starship Captain/Smuggler x Stowaway[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Space Pirate Captain x Captive/Stowaway[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Space Pirate Captain x First Mate/Crewmate[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Slaver x Slave[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Escaped Slave x Anyone[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Escaped Military Experiment x Anyone[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Galactic Assassin x Anyone[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Government Soldier/Agent x Resistance Member/Leader[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Government Soldier/Agent x Civilian[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Corporate Whistleblower x Security Agent[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Space Horror (like Dead Space)[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Futuristic Crime[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Cyborg/Machine x Human[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Space Fantasy (with noble houses, laser swords and the like)[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Space Opera[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Parallel Universes/Other Dimensions[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Time Travel [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Alien Invasion[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Astronaut x Alien[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Astronaut x Astronaut[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Planetary Colonization[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Supernatural Sci-Fi[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Stranded Spaceship Crew (Lord of the Flies-esque)[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Space Wizard x Anyone
    Robot Uprising/Rogue AIs
    Futuristic SWAT
    Mecha[/BCOLOR]

• [BCOLOR=#000000]Post-Apocalyptic[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Natural Disasters[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Zombies/Pandemic[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Technology Failure[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Survivor x Survivor[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Soldier x Survivor[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Soldier x Soldier[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Mercenary x Survivor[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Mercenary x Mercenary[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Bounty Hunter x Bounty[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Supernatural Apocalypse (think Hellgate: London)[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Fallout: New Vegas-inspired[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Metro 2033-inspired[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] The Division-inspired[/BCOLOR]

• [BCOLOR=#000000]Modern, Crime, Adventure[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Scientist x Experimental Subject[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Security Agent x Escaped Military Experiment[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Assassin x Target[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Assassin x Assassin[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Criminal Psychopath x Tourist (inspired by Far Cry 3)[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Detective x Detective[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Buddy Cops[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] FBI Profiler x Detective[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Detective x Medical Examiner[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Detective x Forensic Lab Tech[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Detective x Serial Killer[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Law Enforcement Agent x Witness [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Soldier x Civilian[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Soldier x Journalist[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Soldier x Soldier [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Soldier x Spy[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Spy x Rogue Spy[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Spy x Spy[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] International Counter-terrorist Unit[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Mercenary x Civilian[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Mercenary x Mercenary[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Mob Doctor x Mobster/Criminal [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Lawyer x Mobster/Criminal [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Undercover Law Enforcement x Mobster/Criminal[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Corrupt Business(wo)man x Criminal[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Corrupt Business(wo)man x Employee[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Modern Warfare/Black Ops [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Crime Drama[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Cowboy/Rancher x Anyone[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Apocalypse-In-Progress[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Former Convict x Anyone[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Escaped Convict x Anyone[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Adventurer x Adventurer (Lara Croft, Indiana Jones, cursed treasures, all that good stuff)[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] General Military/PMCs[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Foreign Dignitary/Child of Foreign Dignitary x Secret Service Agent [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] President's Child x Secret Service Agent[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Political Thriller[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Military Thriller[/BCOLOR]

• [BCOLOR=#000000]Horror[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Survivor x Survivor (mountaineers stranded, isolated arctic research station, foreboding jungle...)[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Soldier x Soldier (stranded in an eerie location, like the pairing above)[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Soldier x Survivor (again, same as above)[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Journalist x Anyone (inspired by the game Outlast)[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Silent Hill-inspired[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Bioshock-inspired[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] The Evil Within-inspired (trapped-in-the-mind psychological horror)[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] The Secret World-inspired (agents of secret societies in a dark, eerie setting)[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Circus/Freak Show[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Haunted House [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Old Asylum [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Bioterrorism (maybe something like Resident Evil with its BSAA)
    Extradimensional Beings (like Hellraiser - really disturbing stuff)[/BCOLOR]

• [BCOLOR=#000000]Supernatural, The Unexplained[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Supernatural Creature x Human[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Supernatural Creature x Hunter[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Hunter x Hunter [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Supernatural Creature x Supernatural Creature[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Animal Shifter x Conservationist[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] FBI Agent x FBI Agent (like the X-Files)[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Government Agent x Alien[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Alien Abductee x Alien[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Alien Abductee x Government Agent[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Gifted x Gifted[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Gifted Agent x Escaped Gifted[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Greek Mythology[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Egyptian Mythology[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Supernatural Military[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Supernatural Crime[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Constantine-based[/BCOLOR]

• [BCOLOR=#000000]Historical[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Ancient Rome[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] American War of Independence[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Regency/Napoleonic Wars[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] American Civil War[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] The Old West/Western [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Victorian England[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] World War I [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Roaring Twenties [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] World War II [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Korean War [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Cold War [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Vietnam War [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Gulf Wars[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Historical Supernatural [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Historical Fantasy [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Historical Warfare[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Historical Horror[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Alternate History [/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=#000000] Time Travel[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Plots[/BCOLOR]

(More will be added as I think of them.)

A small, poverty-stricken country has been plunged into violent civil war after its corrupt and unreliable government is forcibly ousted by rebel forces. United Nations peacekeepers are sent in to moderate the anarchy, but eventually fail as rebel forces seize control of the country and install their leader, a tyrannical and bloodthirsty man, as president. The country's military fights on, but their numbers are rapidly dwindling and it seems that their defeat is imminent. The rebel leader declares that all foreigners and remaining UN forces are now enemies of the state, which results in them being rounded up, imprisoned and held hostage or tortured and publicly executed. The world watches the drama unfold, utterly horrified. In response, special operators (Army Rangers, Delta Force etc.) are swiftly deployed with the ultimate objective of capturing the false president and dismantling his dictatorship.

One of the choppers coming in is eventually shot down over hostile territory by an RPG, resulting in the deaths of the majority of those on board. All except one, [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR], who miraculously survives. Injured and reeling, the serviceman finds his way to the nearest town, where he stumbles into a makeshift clinic for help and instead finds utter chaos, with most of the place destroyed. Scrounging around for leftover medical supplies, he hears a noise and is eventually confronted by an armed [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER B[/BCOLOR], a trapped intelligence operative currently living in the country and who was previously charged with acquiring sources and gathering information. They resolve to get [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] back to his comrades, all the while evading the madness that's enveloped the country and trying to deal with the horrors around them.

(POSSIBLE) FUTURE PLOT TWIST:

(This is subject to change.)

The characters survive and make it back to the States (or wherever [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] hails from). [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] is declared a hero and [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER B[/BCOLOR] returns to work proper. The civil war is ended, and a NATO-friendly president installed. Eventually, the new president decides to make a diplomatic trip to the States as a gesture of gratitude. At the same time, [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] (or) [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER B[/BCOLOR] catches wind of a possible plot by residual rebel forces, assembled into a terrorist group, to assassinate their country's new president sometime during his visit - and possibly do worse things as well.

[BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] is a decorated sniper and combat veteran who, during the course of his tour, was credited with a legendary amount of kills. He also has a secret - a secret about something that went on in the desert that he carries with him (this secret is to be decided by whoever plays the character). He returns home to his native city, and to his childhood best friend, [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER B[/BCOLOR], a gifted and headstrong detective who deals with some of the city's most brutal murders. As she helps [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] deal with his developing PTSD, a long-distance serial killer begins targeting civilians, seemingly at random.

[BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] and [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER B[/BCOLOR] soon realize that this serial killer is someone who, somehow, knows about [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR]'s past/secret and wants him to suffer for what he's done, with the end goal of eventually targeting [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] himself. He could be a rival, an enemy, a former comrade...the identity of the perpetrator remains unknown. Now, while battling their own demons, [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] and [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER B[/BCOLOR] must discover who the killer is, and how he will carry out his final plan - or allow more innocent blood to be spilled.

Earth in the future is a polluted, ravaged shell. Man, having achieved space travel, has moved most of its wealthy population offworld onto new, pristine and utopian human colonies, leaving the poor to fend for themselves on what is left of their formerly beautiful planet.

[BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] and [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER B[/BCOLOR], living on Earth, are best friends and members of a large gang apprehended after a string of violent crimes. Hauled off to a filthy prison, they are eventually offered an ultimatum. A "special" branch of the human military, or summary execution. They (obviously) choose the former, and are sent to form a unit that is comprised entirely of former criminals and disgraced soldiers. This unit is sent to do the jobs the human government finds too risky for the regular military. In essence, they're considered disposable assets, meant for extremely dangerous, near-suicidal assignments the government doesn't want to expend too many resources on. This story will follow [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] and [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER B[/BCOLOR]'s transformation from common, reckless scoundrels to heroes carrying the fate of humanity on their shoulders.

(This one was inspired by this song. Expect much angst.)

Humanity has entered a new golden age, a time of prosperity and expansionism as it continually establishes multiple colonies across Sol and beyond. Its forces have also been victorious in a long and bloody war against a sentient and humanoid alien race, the ruthless Lumean Hegemony, leading to what appears to be a long-lasting truce and the Lumeans' subsequent return to their home system.

[BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] and her husband were childhood sweethearts who were married in the midst of the Lumean War. Their relationship became progressively strained due to her husband's career as a soldier and her constant fear for his life. Their arguments grew increasingly more frequent, and the night before he was due to be deployed to the front lines, they had an explosive fight that resulted in his departing their home, heartbroken, and leaving only a letter that wholeheartedly expressed his reflections on his life, his regrets, and his enduring love for his wife. Some time later, [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] received word that her husband had been killed in battle against the Lumeans, and that his body was too damaged to be properly recovered. She was devastated and fell into a deep grief, blaming herself for not being understanding enough.

Some years after the Lumean surrender, [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER B[/BCOLOR] wakes in a high security military facility with dreams of a strange woman. He is informed that his name is Subject Echo, that he is a volunteer for a top secret supersoldier project, and that he has suffered amnesia from a military exercise gone wrong. He accepts what he's told, but is soon disturbed by the vivid dreams which recur continuously, night after night. Eventually, after witnessing horrific atrocities being committed in the facility, [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER B[/BCOLOR] escapes and finds his way to the nearest city where he spots [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] on her way home. Recognizing her as the woman from his dreams, he trails her to her residence and confronts her there, to which she reacts with utter shock and tearful disbelief.

They eventually discover that [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER B[/BCOLOR] has been cloned from the remains of [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR]'s dead husband, and still - somehow - retains fragments of the deceased's memories.

(Inspired by the setting and premise of the game Bloodborne. I would prefer to play the revenant/[BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER B[/BCOLOR] in this one, though genders of the characters can obviously be switched.)

The enormous and sprawling Gothic city Somnebris, once glorious and wealthy, is a place that has fallen under a curse of unknown origin. Most of its people have succumbed to a supernatural plague, transformed into grotesque things that terrorize their fellow citizens. The unaffected have moved elsewhere or hide indoors in a bid to keep safe, fearing for their lives. It is a place of eternal night, the sky illuminated only by a full, sickly moon. It is a place where even the bravest of travelers fear to tread, frightened that they might lose their soul. Cold stone spires reach up to a blackened sky, and the air is dry and frigid. In the silence, the mournful cathedral bell tolls a haunting warning for all who might try to enter the city's decrepit boundaries.

But there are those who come to Somnebris willingly, and these courageous souls are known as "gatherers". They slay these creatures and collect their blood in vials, blood infused with the darkest of magic that can be sold to the highest bidder. The wealthy outside of Somnebris, fascinated by these horrific monsters, are also willing to pay for "trophies" collected from the disposed beasts. [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] is a gatherer and an adept fighter, arrived to make her fortune. She sets up at a deserted inn, where its owner warns her to turn back. She refuses. There, she encounters [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER B[/BCOLOR], supposedly another gatherer, but who turns out to actually be an ancient revenant bound to restore order to Somnebris should anarchy claim it.

(Inspired by Hellgate: London. Google that for appropriate visuals.)

Something has gone horribly wrong, resulting in tears in the veil separating the human dimension from a horrific, alternate universe populated by monstrous demonic entities. As a result, the modern world is engulfed in a supernatural apocalypse, with most of gleaming civilization being transformed into a fiery ruin. The remainder of humanity has fled underground, using magical wards to prevent the creatures from entering. They are protected by an ancient and secret sect of arcane knights, known only as The Silver Order. Members of the Silver Order are supposedly descended from "divine beings", giving them powerful and magical blood in their veins, and they are sworn through oath to defend humanity against a hellish scourge such as this.

[BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] is a knight of the Silver Order, and one of its finest. On a routine scouting patrol, she hears a cry for help and sees what appears to be a defenseless and injured man, [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER B[/BCOLOR]. She goes immediately to the poor soul's rescue, bringing him to one of the entrances to the underground, where the holy wards subsequently reveal him as a demonic entity brimming with immense power. His ploy rendered useless, the vindictive being makes [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] an offer. He explains he is a high-ranked "demon" (or at least, what humans have come to refer to any being out of the portals) who knows the perpetrator behind the chaos: one of his brothers, to be exact. All he wants is the destruction of said brother, and complete control over his origin dimension. He promises to leave humanity alone should that be achieved, thus ending Earth's occupation and giving mankind a chance to rebuild.

On the run from her old life, [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] packs her bags, scrounges up whatever money she has left and flees to the rural wilderness with no goal or endpoint in mind. Cold and starving in the middle of winter, she stumbles upon a small ranch, silhouetted by the shadows of mountains and bordered by pristine woods, plains and rivers. Too exhausted to make it to the nearest town, she hides herself in the stables and is found the next morning by the ranch’s owner, [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER B[/BCOLOR], a young cowboy, hunter and trapper who’s lived alone since his wife went missing some years back. Out of kindness (or even some personal guilt), he takes [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] in for the night, but after hearing her story, agrees to give her a place to stay until further notice.

Though stern, somewhat harsh and socially withdrawn due to his speckled past, [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER B[/BCOLOR] slowly begins to open up to his lone houseguest, showing her the ropes and the unspoiled scenery he grew up around. It is at the same time that human remains are discovered nearby, re-opening the case of the rancher’s wife and unlocking old memories he would’ve rather kept hidden. And while the now-widower and his guest grow closer, it soon surfaces that perhaps he is hiding more from her – and the townspeople – than she’d initially presumed…

(Inspired by this song. This will contain a lot of angst/emotional tumult, possible abuse, and other dark themes.)

[BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] works at a quiet, upscale restaurant as a waitress. Her family is wealthy and provides for her every need, but she wants to prove that she can, in fact, hold down a job. Every week, on the same day, there's a man who comes in, CHARACTER B, who always has dinner alone and who always orders the same thing. He's always smartly dressed, and has an aura of intimidating reticence around him that fascinates her. One night, she musters up the courage to strike up a conversation with him, which he's very much surprised by. Conversation turns into something else, and they end up spending the rest of the evening together at his apartment. The next morning, he guiltily asks her to leave, and she's heartbroken. After that, he no longer shows up at the restaurant.

[BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] spots [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER B[/BCOLOR] again sometime later, coldly walking away from the scene of the bloody, but precise assassination of a prominent businessman. The intelligent [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER A[/BCOLOR] does her own research, and finds online rumors of a supposed hitman who works for the highest bidder and who can always be trusted for his skills and discretion. Impulsively, and foolishly, she anonymously hires him to assassinate a particular target: herself. A week after that, she returns home to find [BCOLOR=#000000]CHARACTER B[/BCOLOR] in her apartment, with a gun leveled at her head.

[BCOLOR=#000000]PM ME if interested; don't post here, please! I probably won't see it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]I'll be picking my partners based on genre and pairing preferences/writing sample. Ideally, you'll give me a few options (ideally, but not necessary). I will not give you a spot just because you happened to message me first. This is due to the limited amount of roleplays I can commit to at the moment, and not because I'm a giant asshat. Sorry guys, but I really hope you'll understand. Thanks so much for your time and patience.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Have some dancing stormtroopers for your trouble.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]
tumblr_nfnke974Td1taenrzo1_500.gif
[/BCOLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to be 18 and over (red star). Characters too (characters over 21 would be grand). This is because I don't fade to black for anything, including language, gore, and sexual situations. Thus, in accordance with Iwaku's rules, I will only be able to roleplay with people in my own age group. Why didn't I put this in the libertine section, you ask? That's because our story will be focused on plot, and not on endless sex.
Libertine is for stories that intend to or want to contain sex scenes, not necessarily stories that are more about smut than plot O_o

If your intent/hope is to at some point in the RP, write out a sex scene, I still need to move this post there. It's a civilized place with nice people; I'm a bit hurt when folks talk about it like it's Iwaku's pornhub. :/

Libertine is for stories that intend to or want to contain sex scenes, not necessarily stories that are more about smut than plot O_o

If your intent/hope is to at some point in the RP, write out a sex scene, I still need to move this post there. It's a civilized place with nice people; I'm a bit hurt when folks talk about it like it's Iwaku's pornhub. :/
Oh gosh, I didn't mean it that way. >_> I'm new and from what I read in other threads I might've gotten the wrong impression, and also from the word "libertine". In that case, do go ahead and move it for me. Thanks, and apologies if I made it seem like it was the site's version of pornhub. Definitely not my intent. I'll also edit that rule in particular. Thoroughly embarassed now but thanks again.

• Thank You
Reactions: Minibit
So you're not looking for historical plots at this time? Sorry, your wording confused me a little. Nonetheless, I am interested in Western time period, or essentially anything in the 1880s-90s time period. Let me know! :)

Hey there, I appreciate the way you speak. It gives me a good vibe so I would be interested in doing a roleplay with you. As I looked over your plot ideas only one really stuck out to me. The space pirate rps. Please pm me if you are interested. No hard feelings if you aren't.

So you're not looking for historical plots at this time? Sorry, your wording confused me a little. Nonetheless, I am interested in Western time period, or essentially anything in the 1880s-90s time period. Let me know! :)
Unfortunately, no. I changed the wording a bit just in case anyone else gets confused. Thanks for your interest, though!

Hey there, I appreciate the way you speak. It gives me a good vibe so I would be interested in doing a roleplay with you. As I looked over your plot ideas only one really stuck out to me. The space pirate rps. Please pm me if you are interested. No hard feelings if you aren't.
Hi, I'm full up now but thanks for your interest nonetheless.

---

SPACES FULL FOR NOW

Okay, sounds good but if you ever find yourself emptyhanded feel free to pm me. Perhaps I will not have too many rps going on at the time. Have fun with your roleplays! May they bring you literary satisfaction. xD

Open once more for one or two, with plots added. Please read the rules before sending a message, thank you.

Still searching for one more.

Edit: And full up for now.

Reactions: Mollz
Status
Not open for further replies.