Advanced Partner Request

S

SoKar

Original poster
What I'm looking for is a partner who is interested in writing a detailed story. I am looking for a partner who isn't afraid of using multiple characters for a plot, who understands just how rich and rewarding a storyline can be the more threads we can weave into it.

I'm looking for a partner who is interested in creating our own world. I don't have much love for canon pieces. I don't mind taking inspiration from canon sources, but I don't like the limitation they impose on the creative process of roleplaying.

I'm looking for a partner who will establish and can maintain an advanced posting standard. I don't want to have to define what it is to be advanced. The odds are if you have to ask if you're advanced or not, you probably aren't. I guess a kinder way of saying it is you'll know if you meet that standard without me having to add arbitrary measurements.

I'm obviously looking for a 1x1 setting.

I'm only looking for 1 partner at this time, but pay no attention to posting counts. I will close this thread when I've found someone, so if it's still open, I haven't found anyone, regardless of the responses below.

I can't post daily. I have other restrictions on my time. I'm looking for a partner who can understand this. I will be understanding of my partner's time requirements as well.

I'm looking for an adult roleplayer. (Age 18 does not necessarily an adult make.. Sorry) Like the advanced topic, same self test applies.

I will attempt to talk to you. I do hope to find someone this will not be a bother to.

Now, I know I haven't said a word about topic or genre. Honestly, the partner is more important to me than the topics. I have nearly 20 years experience ( I started in 97 on old WBS). I can play many different genre, and many different topics. I'll discuss interests and topics on an individual basis.

Hope to hear from you soon.

-Jeff.

Reactions: ℬenedetto`
I have created worlds before. I've been role playing since '99 or so. I consider myself adaptable, rather than advanced. I role play with many different people, and I tailor my replies to their tastes. I prefer detail, emotion and conflict. I don't like when things are easily resolved or magically romantic.

Like you, the partner is far more important than the topic. I can do most genre, though admittedly I am very weak with horror and zombies (Doesn't interest me in the slightest so I have no muse).

Shoot me a PM if you'd like, and if not, I promise I won't be offended.

Hello!
I'm very enthusiastic about worldbuilding and while I have not been active on this site for a while, your request caught my interest. I have been roleplaying since I was fresh out of primary school; time spent is not as important to me as the skills picked up along the journey. My more recent experiences have been off-site, but I have roleplayed with a multitude of other people, and through discussion, have created satisfying and rewarding story threads with them. I am extremely adaptable and while I do have some major squicks, they are 'major' by severity and not by quantity, and I can proudly say my comfort zone is quite large despite them. I can slip into the roles of many types of characters and remain relatively unrestricted by conventional character archetypes. I enjoy gut-wrenching conflicts so I value my partner's ability to tug at my heartstrings.

Genre is not a problem for me. I'm eager to widen my horizons and learn the 'rules' of genres I haven't dabbled in. Breaking convention is very fun for me, but one's gotta know the rules in order to break them, right? Due to personal reasons, I would really rather avoid involving 'mental hospitals' as any element of the story we would build together. I do however, enjoy roleplaying characters that struggle with mental illness and other disabilities. I do my homework on these beforehand, and I hope my partner will too.

I can generally post regularly, and quite quickly, if the story at hand engages me enough. As such, I do respect your value in partner, because I believe that with a good roleplay partner, it wouldn't matter what genre or storyline you'd embark on: communication will allow partners to create something they'd be proud of and would want to keep chipping away at. This being said, I'm a student and admittedly easily stressed. I'll do my best to notify you in the event that I might disappear (but I hope by then we will have established stable contact).

If my wordy self statement has piqued your interest, please don't hesitate to PM me. And if it hasn't, there's no hard feelings! Thank you for reading.