(Advanced) Be My Bestie (Seeking Long-Term partner: Male Characters Wanted)

ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ

Melancholia Personified
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Whenever my boss decides to let me go home. (Usually between 5-11 EST)
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Douche
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern, Futuristic, Paranormal, Fantasy, Medieval, Romance, Horror, pretty much everything.

• [

Hello, I am Nydanna, but you can call me Ny.

The themes for these plots are mostly focused on best friends, hence the title.

To begin, I will tell you a little about me:

I work full time and have a family. I can try to post once a day, but it doesn't always work. Every other day, sometimes. Once a week is a definite, although I do try to get more out.

I am an adult (Obviously!) and I expect to my partner to be an adult as well. I won't chase after you if I don't hear anything from you. However, I will warn you now, if I do not hear anything within two weeks, I will consider the roleplay dropped.

I am not a 'smut only' writer. All of my roleplays will always be more plot than smut. I've tried 50/50 and I get bored. I prefer 70/30 at the most. I do enjoy a good sex scene, but I feel that it should add to the story rather than simply be thrown in.

I am a sucker for drawn-out romances and tension. I do not do love at first sight.
    I do like having CS and I will ask for one. I do not require detailed CS (Unless you enjoy doing them) just name, age, and a description if you do not use a picture.

On the subject of images, because the issue has come up in the past, I use realistic images only. If it is a fantasy plot, I will not use anime unless there is absolutely no way for me to avoid it.

I am trying to improve my writing. Lately, I've been rather lazy with things and I'm looking to spice things up a bit. I would like my partner to have a similar state of mind.

I love plotting things out, but I also enjoy having surprises from time to time.

I can write novels if I'm inspired. Please do not feel that you need to match me word for word. However, if I write up a long reply I would like something in return. I do not do one-liners, or one paragraph replies, ever. I can do a minimum of three paragraphs (Although I cringe with them.)

My main character will always be female. I know people get in a tizzy over this, but it is what I'm comfortable with. I will play plenty of other characters, and I will play male characters but when it comes to romance, I will only play them in a M x M pairing.

I am more comfortable with FxM as the main romantic pairing. However, I am trying to break out of my box a bit and will play a FxF or MxM as a side pairing.

What I'm looking for in a partner:

Communication! I don't need to know every detail of your life, but I would appreciate it if you let me know if you're bored, struggling with writer's block, or simply too busy in real life to reply.

Quality and quantity. Write Novels? Good! Throw them my way!

Someone who doesn't get scared off by walls of text.

A partner that is willing to help move the story along and isn't afraid to throw in their own ideas.

Uses third person! I cannot use first person.

Someone comfortable with playing multiple characters!

I really don't ask a whole lot out of my partners, only that they have some patience to deal with my randomness and help contribute to the story.

Now, if you managed to get through this huge wall of text, thanks for reading! If you're still interested, the plots I am currently looking for will be posted on separate tabs, along with all the information you need to know for them.

• ****Note**** This plot can be either MxF or FxF (No Futas)

Growing up as next-door neighbors, they had been best friends for as long as either of them could remember. The first day of school, first lost tooth, even their first taste of romantic rejection, they'd been through it all together. Avery Ellison couldn't pinpoint exactly when her feelings for her best friend changed, whether it was before their little pact or after, she didn't really know. What she did know was that on their fifteenth birthday, they'd made a deal and it was that deal that guided her through the course of the next three years. The deal? If one of them remained a virgin by the time they turned 18, the other would help them out to spare them the embarrassment of heading off to college still a virgin. At the time, Avery hadn't given it much thought at all believing that nothing would come of it. But as she entered into her first relationship and dealt with her first taste of heartache with her best friend there to support her, she began to reconsider.

Her heart held onto the possibility of her best friend. On the outside, she remained the same way she always had been, but on the inside, she knew she had already fallen hard for her friend. So she sits in wait, going through the motions of dating the few people who manage to catch her interest with no plans at all on becoming emotionally invested all the while hoping her best friend's feelings for her changes. She is crushed when the dawn of her 18th birthday approaches and her best friend is in a relationship. However, before she can become disheartened, they mention their deal and their willingness to go through with it.

+++++++++++++++++++

The summary is a little rough. (It's 2:30 and I should have been in bed hours ago.) I will edit it when I'm a bit more awake, but for now, that's the basics of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moller

• Nothing is ever Perfect

She thought she had the perfect relationship. They were happily planning their future together without a hiccup in sight. After two years together and an entire year engaged, she could practically hear the wedding bells. With the big day a few weeks away, she takes a trip with her friends to celebrate her last days as a single woman. And that's where her picture-perfect life comes to an end.

To her, it was a cliche. They locked eyes across the bar and things clicked in an instant. He paid no attention to the ring on her right hand, and she offered him nothing more than a single night. She thought that once they parted ways the next morning it would be the end of it, but when she returns home and her fiance introduces her to his best friend who has just returned home from the military, she is flabbergasted. She expects the cat to be let out of the bag, but surprisingly he remains silent about their night together. As the wedding looms closer, she anxiously awaits the drop of the bomb and her secret to be revealed, but her fiance's best friend holds his silence. At first, she assumes that their night together meant nothing to him. Why would it? They were practically strangers. She itched a scratch for him, and he sent her off into wedded bliss with a night she wouldn't forget.

What she isn't aware of is that their secret isn't the only one he's keeping quiet about. Having known his best friend for nearly his entire life, he knows that one woman isn't enough to keep his friend happy. He watches with envy as his best friend parades his wife around in public while sneaking around behind her back with any woman that would give him the time of day. So he sits and he waits for the day that she'll finally open her eyes, knowing the heartbreak that's heading her way and hoping to be the one to pick up the pieces.

• Name: Vivian Edwards
    Birthday: September 19th

(WIP)

[

Plot:
There is always that one family that's the talk of the town. They whisper about the shouting that can be heard from outside the house and the bruises that long sleeves and makeup can't quite cover-up. That was Lanie Dyer's family. Growing up in a small town in the Northeast, Lanie always dreamed of getting away where winter didn't exist. The winter months were always brutal, with her family trapped inside their tiny little shack of a home, living in fear of the man of the house. Inside her home, she was the target of her father's abuse right after her mother got her share. Outside her house, she was a social outcast with only one friend.

For some reason, he never judged her and Lanie was silently grateful for him. She showed her appreciation the best way that she could, helping him work up the courage to ask the girl of his dreams out and working him through every relationship problem that he ran into along the way. After graduation, he worked up the nerve to ask his childhood sweetheart to marry him and she agreed, but when he went to share the news with the girl who'd helped him out, she was nowhere to be found. Of course, everyone knew why. She'd told the world time and time again that she would run away the first chance she got, and when she finally had her opportunity, she took it. Who could blame her? Especially when her mother ends up dead ten years later, murdered by her husband.

It was assumed that Lanie wouldn't come back, but no sooner was her father arrested for the crime and the trial date set, she returns. The entire town is surprised by the changes in her. The once outcast girl has grown up, but rather than living life on the edge the way most abuse victims tend to, she's turned her tragedy into a triumph. While life fell into place for her the moment she left town, the same could not be said for her old friend. Shortly after getting married, he discovers that the girl of his dreams isn't exactly the woman he imagined she was. Their marriage survives over the decade, but his relationship has left a bitter taste in his mouth. Running into Lanie again, he's hopeful that perhaps his old friend can work up a bit of her old magic to help save his marriage. Lanie is happy to help pick up where she'd left off, however, when she finds herself spending more time with her old friend than his wife does, she has to question if his marriage is actually worth trying to salvage.

Last edited:
Hi! I love both of your plots, so i am willing to do whichever one you have the most muse for!

Little of myself:
I am 22 years old, I work full-time and I don't have like a child. I try to write as much as I can, ranging from large walls to at least three paragraphs, depending on my muse and the current story at the time. I normally do MxM roleplays, and I like playing the male character as my females are terrible. Though I'm trying to get better! So, I am open for any sort of pairing roleplay, and I also enjoy a slow burn romance or a friendship turned romantic. I usually do better with fantasy roleplays, but i do love me some slice-of-life ones too!

Honestly, I am leaning a bit more toward Nothing is ever Perfect. Shoot me a PM and we can work it out.

Added a third plot. Still looking.

Still looking. All plots are open.