Adriana's Restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shana held her hands over the spot Drake hit her and grinded her teeth together,her red cheeks still boiling.She would've scolded him back,but as Adriana flipped the store sign,she just huffed and walked in to the employee's room to change her skirt to black pants.Wearing a skirt in work wouldn't be really the best option.Puting her bag in her locker,she tied her hair up to a ponytail as she walked out the room.She was ready to serve.

Jacky smiled and walked by him towards the front of the restaurant, Falco's hand was left hanging idly. A small smile inched across Falco's face as he withdrew his hand and walked towards the front of the restaurant. The sign was now flipped, and his first day at work had just officially begun. Falco adjusted his bowtie and spotted the short girl who was being toyed with earlier.

"She's obviously 18+... I mean if she wasn't, she wouldn't be allowed to work here. I do see how a short girl like herself would be mistaken for a minor or something" Falco thought randomly as he slowly walked towards the bar. There were no guests yet so he lingered around the bar watching the overhead TV.

"Wish they had on basketball recaps from last nights games..." Falco thought to himself as he sighed slightly disappointed-ly.

Natalya just watched everything that was happening with a smile, she even laughed sometimes. Seeing that the restaurant was now open, she went towards the bar, so she could prepare everything there before the guests arrived. Naty started to give a quick wash on the cups, just to make sure they were completely clean. When all of the cups were clean and put back in their place, she put her hair up in a high ponytail, leaving her bangs loose.

"Much better.", she said while fixing some loose hair strands. Finally, she noticed the guy watching TV and decided to go to him. A small talk before the work wouldn't kill anybody.

"Hi, I take it that you're also one of the new employers, right?", Natalya asked while leaning herself on the bar counter. A charming smile drawn in her face.

A young lady leaned in on the bar wearing a charming smile across her face - she was quite alluring. He didn't know many women who had the sophisticated aura she had, it was refreshing yet intimidating.

"Wow, what is she doing here?" Falco thought to himself. The way she looked and the way she carried herself, he could've sworn she were royalty.. Falco couldn't tell her age; she looked very young but at the same time, she had an elegance about her that led him to think she was older than he was. More and more unique characters appeared at Adrianna's Restaurant, an array of different people. For the first time in a while, he sort of let his guard down. Falco was reluctantly getting caught up in the pace of things at this restaurant, despite it being only the first day.

"Yeah, today is my first day. I'm Falco Sabine, a waiter here. Are you new as well?" Falco replied with a gentle smile.

Natalya nodded before replying.

"Yes, just like you. I'm Natalya Argon, I'm going to work here as a bartender. You see, I don't want my mixology skills to go to waste." Naty let escape a short, but sweet laugh. It wasn't loud, nor too low. It was soft. If sounds could be eaten, her laugh would taste and feel like cotton candy. She led her hand to her hair, slightly pulling her loose bangs back and letting them fall to her face by themselves. She looked kinda embarrassed, but it wasn't enough to take that feeling of confidence away from her.

"Please, don't mind me." Natalya said as she straightened herself behind the counter. She made a gesture with her right hand as if saying "forget it".

It only took about 5 more minutes before an elderly couple walked into the restaurant and for a moment it took Alexandra a bit to remember who they were.
"Mr. & Mrs. Angelo! Welcome back!" Alexandra motioned for them to follow her and she didn't need to look back to know that they were, they had been coming to the restaurant since it first opened.
"Take a seat and a someone will be here to take your order," Alex gave them a smile before turning around and guiding 4 teenage girls to a table as well, that's when the customers began to pile in.
Adriana couldn't help but grin at the quick process and began to wonder if this would always last... probably not since nothing was permanent.

Beep beep beep beep beep

Ebony eyebrows furrowed in frustration, pale eyelids groggily opened to reveal icy blue eyes. His hand swung from within his Indigo covers to the alarm clock ringing on his night stand. He pushed the button, and his alarm clock suddenly silenced. Today was the day he began working at a little restaurant. It looked promising enough, and he needed the extra money. He sat up on his bed and swung his legs over the side. He quickly ran his hand through his messy black hair and got up to start getting ready for work.

He showered, dressed in a white collared shirt tucked into black pants. He fastened his black leather belts and put on shiny black dress shoes. With one last look over in the mirror, he grabbed his coat and went out the door. He quickly locked the door of his home and began to make his way to the restaurant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Hunter arrived, the girls he assumed were sisters and the other employees seemed occupied with customers that appeared to be regulars. He shrugged, slipping past them almost soundlessly and unoticed as he went to the back to get whatever was needed. Completely ignoring the others as he readied himself for his duties of the day.

Shana watched as the restaurant quickly got occupied with customers.Taking a deep breath,she decided to walk over to the couple's table."Good morning and welcome to Adriana's Reastautant!May I take your order?~" she greeted and gave them her warm smile.She looked pretty calm considering what happened before the store opened.But of course,things like that won't hold her back.

At the same time,she felt nervous.What if she sounde ridiculous?Was she too formal?Is her hair okay?Does she still look like a minor despite how she had her hair up and wore pants?What would they say?Despite how these thoughts played around in her head for that split second,she kept the smile of hers that everybody she knew likes.

Drake was spacing out and then he remembered that he had to work. He grumbled under his breath and went to go attend to customers, feigning happiness as he did so. Really, he wanted to slam every other person's head into the wall, but that would probably get him fired, arrested, and beat up again. Well, getting beat up wasn't too bad. He had grown used to it over the years. He forced himself to wait patiently until his break.​

Seeing that the restaurant was now filling up with guests, Natalya made a quick gesture to Falco, meaning that they'll talk later. Going to her spot on the bar, she waited for someone who wanted a drink. After 10 minutes, a couple of friends went towards the bar. Naty soon started to analyze then in her mind.

"Both males. Young, probably a year older than me. Handsome. Huh, troublemakers. Typical.", she thought criticaly. When they got closer, she put on a charming smile of her.

"Hi. Welcome to Adriana's restaurant. ", she said in a gentle voice.

"Hello, sweetheart~", said the blond guy. He was bigger than his friend, the dark haired guy. The blond one seemed to be a lot more jerk than his friend.

"So, is there anything that you guys would want?"

"Yeah yeah, what do you recommend?"

"Well, if you like something strong, I recommend a Caipirinha. It's a very popular brazilian drink, my favorite actually.", Caipirinha was Natalya's favorite drink. She drank it for the first time at a brazilian bar, the bartender recommended it to her, and since she wanted something strong, she went for it. She doesn't regret a bit.

"Seems fine. Hurry up and make two of those Caporo...Caipo...Coaipi...Ugh! Just make it already!"

Without a word, Naty picked up two glasses, four lemons, cachaça (a kind of brazilian rum) and raw sugar. She cut the lemons in severals pieces and put the pieces in the cocktail shacker, adding 4 teaspoons of sugar, she began to mash it into the lemon wedges, making a little juice. Filling up the glasses with ice, she started to pour the liquid. To decorate, Natalya put a piece of lemon on the mouth of the cup. Finishing, put a straw in each glass and gave them to the guys. Said guys looked impressed when they gave a sip on the drink, with that look of both of them, Naty knew that she did her job well.

Natalya made a quick gesture at Falco meaning they'd talk later. He too knew that there wasn't anymore time for conversation - the restaurant was getting busy. He noticed he had gotten sat in his section with a group of four teenage girls. Preparing his notepad and pen in ear, he walked towards the "four-top."

"Hmm, four teenage girls. They look about 17. Probably Seniors in highschool. They should be easy to wait on" thought Falco as he approached the table of four.

"Good afternoon ladies, Welcome to Adriana's Restaurant. I'm Falco, and I'll be your waiter. What could I get you ladies?" Falco announced with a warm smile.

The four girls smiled almost in unison, It was almost rehearsed. All four gave Falco their orders, the orders were all straight forward and pretty simple which is always nice and easy to put into the system and easy for the chefs to prepare. As falco was about to leave...

"Excuse me, Falco?" One of the girls said. "This may sound kinda weird, but you look familiar."

"I do?" Falco replied with his eyebrows raised.

"Yeah, did you go to Centennial High?"

"As a matter of fact I did. Graduated two years ago."

"I knew It!" The girl yelled to her friends. "Thank you, I was just curious" She replied smiling.

Nodding, Falco head to a computer station to put in the food order for the four girls. He was kind of curious as to why he was asked that question but quickly lost interest and carried on with work

*** FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER ***

The food was finally prepared. Falco gave his thanks to the chef and carried all four plates out of the window with ease. Walking confidently, he arrived at the table and handed out the delectable dishes. The girls were famished and were excited to receive their dishes.

*** TEN MINUTES LATER ***

The girls were done with their meals and sat around talking about different topics. Falco refilled all the ladies' drinks and began to buss (clear) the table so the hosts didn't have to clear the whole table themselves. After dropping off the dishes in the wash, Falco printed their checks separately, put them in checkbooks with pens and handed them to each of the girls.

"Thanks for the service." The same girl who questioned him earlier responded smiling.

"It was my pleasure. You ladies have a nice day" Falco said and as he gave them his parting wishes and went back to the employee area, waiting for his next table to walk in. Once the party of four left, he went to the table to collect the checkbooks since his tip was inside. He went to the back and opened each one of them

"Wow, I was tipped surprisingly well. High schoolers don't normally tip so well" Falco thought to himself as he opened the books. He opened the last book and he found a piece of paper along with the tip he received.

Hey Falco. We went to the same high school. When you were a senior
I was a sophomore. You probably don't know me but I knew you! You used to play on the school
Basketball team! I'd really like to hang out with you if you ever found some time out of your busy schedule!
My number is 555-1290. I promise I'm not creepy (: lol
- Risa

Surprised at the letter, Falco folded it up and put it in his pocket. The girl was pretty and she seemed friendly, but it was way too random. Falco dismissed the thoughts and figured he'd think about it all after work.

On his way back to the bar to wait for another table, Falco randomly thought to himself "Maybe Natalya has some free time on her hands now.. I really doubt it, but I'll go check anyways."

Reactions: 2 people
Noticing Falco on his way back to the bar, she went to talk with him, seeing that those two guys were already drunk and didn't stop throwing bad pick up lines at her. It's okay, she could handle it.

"Yo! Barten -hic- der! Com'ere come'ere!" The blond guy called. Counting to 10, she made her way back to him.

"Yes?" Natalya asked, now in front of the guy.

"I just wanted to-hic- ask something...Did it -hic- hurt?" He tried to put on a charming smile, but failing miserably.

Natalya rolled her eyes. "Oh my god... Seriously? THIS pick up line?" She thought to herself, but decided to play along anyway.

"Did what hurt?" Naty asked, putting on an innocent face. The blonde guy turned to his friend as if saying "she's mine, dude", then turned to look at her again.

"When you fell from Heaven." This time, he managed to say it smoothly, without hiccuping. He tried to gave her a seductive look, but he was more drunk than a guy after a break up. Giving a sweet giggle, Natalya leaned in on the bar, right in front of the blond. She bit her low lip and stared at the boy with a charming look. Her face got closer to his, the guy seemed to be in some kind of trance. Apparently, she was too much for him to handle. In a low and husky voice, she replied.

"No, but you see, I scraped my knee crawling out of Hell." Blinking at him, she turned away from the couple of friends, going towards Falco. Naty was wearing a satisfied smile.

"Yooooo! She's the one, dude! I already know who -hic- I'll marry! hahaha", the blond guy yelled to his friend.

"What? She completely turned you down!"

"Naaah! She's just playing hard to get! She -hic- loves me, didn't you see -hic- the way she looked at me? It's love at first sight, my boy!"

"You're crazy, dude."

"You're just jealous 'cause I'll marry the hot bartender, while you're with that tomboy chick."

"What? Don't talk about Cindy like that! She's really hot, and funny, and nice! And just because she loves sports doesn't make her a tomboy!"

"Pfff, yeah, whatever. Keep saying yourself that."

Natalya started to laugh a little, she was starting to love being a bartender. If that means that she could listen to stories like this everyday. Looking at Falco, she pointed to the friends still arguing.

"Really funny guys. So, is it slow to you? 'Cause to me it seems like everybody tried to stay sober today, except those two."

Reactions: 2 people
Falco had observed the whole scene carry on. It seemed that no matter what restaurant you worked at, no matter how unique, there were bound to always be interesting drunkards sitting at the bar making cliche passes at the hot bartenders. Falco scratched his head in embarrassment, probably because it was guys like the blondie who gave the rest of them bad rep. Falco couldn't help but stare at Natalya's performance with the blond patron. Watching her and the way she acted towards the man was interesting to say the least. He couldn't help to get a little anxious from watching the scene.

"Now I know for a fact that she's older than myself... Very few girls my age have the same air of confidence around them as she has." Falco thought to himself as she slowly approached him. Apparently she had some time on her hands as well - the bar was practically empty with the exception of the two drunk guests flirting with her. It couldn't be helped though, it was the beginning of the week after all, so it probably wouldn't get any busier in the bar till around the evening time.

"Really funny guys. So, is it slow to you? 'Cause to me it seems like everybody tried to stay sober today, except those two."

Falco snickered slightly at the comment "Ha, I'm having the same luck over here. I'm sure it'll get way busier very soon. Apparently, this place has lots of loyal patrons, so there's bound to be heavy traffic soon." Falco continued. "So, word across the bar is you're engaged... Well congratulations" Falco sarcastically remarked jokingly. "Keep going at this rate and you'll have regulars upon regulars on your first day of work." Falco commented.

Alexandra was moving around a lot as she chose certain seats for certain customers, she was a bit displeased when she noticed a few familiar faces enter the restaurant. They were people from her middle school, let's just say that the girl in the group had a little... fight with Alex, on the first day of school.
"Alex! OMG, I missed you," She squealed as she seen her, the 3 boys behind her were smirking and Alexandra just turned around and showed them to their table.
"Hey, so how's Jacqueline doing? Did she move outta town?" One of the boys asked Alex with a look of ignorance on his face, if this wasn't work Alexandra would've slapped it off his face and remind him who he was speaking to. She didn't like putting up with this stuff, it was pointless.
"Oh? You want to see Jacky? Alright, hold on a minute," Alexandra smirked with narrowed eyes, if looks could kill. Their eyes had grown large as they hadn't expected Jacqueline to still be here and Jacky scared them to death, it made it worse because Jacky was always calm.
"Nah, um... we'll just check the menu," The shorter guy gulped, Alex placed 4 menus on the table with an annoyed look on her face but the moment she turned around to deal with the other customers entering the restaurant she smiled and went to go attend to them.

Adriana was moving around fast to place food on the tables while also having to write down their orders, she loved this job. She knew for sure that it would start to get busier at around 12PM, that's usually around traffic time when people are on their way home and most people stop by in order to pass time.
"Adriana, what a pleasure to see you," The sound of the familiar female voice had Adriana's stomach feel heavy, since when had she invited other family members here? Especially this one. Out of all the relatives she disliked, Aunt Tiana was probably the one Adri wanted to push off a cliff.
"Lead me to the bar," She ordered when Adriana turned around to look at her with a forced smile. Making her way to the bar she watched Tiana sit down and take a look around.
"Well you've certainly re-decorated the place, it looks nice but I would've gone with a more fancy touch. Have you ever heard of elegance? Now, I know the best man to decorate a place like this-" Aunt Tiana began to speak but Adriana turned to look at her two new bartenders, giving them a look she motioned to her aunty with a tilt of her head.
"Make the nastiest thing you can to scare her away," Adriana whispered to them with a look of urgency on her face, the moment Alexandra noticed Aunt Tiana she dunked her head down and tried her best to lead the customers to tables while also keeping her face away from Aunt Tiana's position.
"What was that, child?" Aunt Tiana asked with a clueless look on her face.
"Nothing, I have work so the bartenders will give you something to taste, alright?" With that Adriana went and scurried over to Alexandra.
"What is that old hag doing here?" Alexandra muttered to Adriana, a scowl formed on her face at the sight of the rich and annoying woman who sat at the bar.
"I have no clue... let's just wait this out," Adriana grumbled and the two girls did their best to stay out of their Aunty's line of view.

"Did you know that I met with the Queen of England? Quite a beautiful thing really, the tea was amazing and the tour was even more fabulous," Aunt Tiana spoke to the two behind the bar and right after that, she continued to brag about the 'fabulous' things she was able to do.

After hearing Falco's joke about her engagement, she laughed.

"Don't worry, I'll invite you to the wedding."

"Yooo! Did I hear wedding? You're already planning our wedding? Dang gurl, you don't lose time." The blond shouted from his seat.

Natalya rolled her eyes with a smile in her face.

"My fiancé is so classy." Natalya joked.

"Keep going at this rate and you'll have regulars upon regulars on your first day of work."

"I sure hope so." Natalya replied to Falco while nodding slightly. She then saw the woman with Adriana, and the desperate look on her face. "Make the nastiest thing you can to scare her away" Naty heard the boss say. Well, she didn't really like to make her drinks nasty but... you heard the boss. Natalya patiently listened to Tiana brag about the fabulous things she could do.

"That's great, ma'am! And since you seem such a special person, I'll make you a special drink on the house!" She said in a false charming smile. Mixing up drinks that would taste horrible together, but wouldn't kill the woman either, Naty quickly poured a blue food coloring to make the aspect of the drink good, but she couldn't do anything about the taste.

"Here it goes." she put the glass in front of Tiana, soon moving far away from her. Going to attend a woman on the other side of the bar, keeping an eye on Tiana.

"Aaaww, I want a drink on the house too! You're so bad, wifey..."

Natalya just shook her head, she gave a look to the blond's friend that said "Isn't it better for him to go home? He's almost passing out." In which he replied with another look, "Good idea."

"Hey! The drinks were really good! The money is on the counter!" The dark haired guy thanked Naty. "Come on, dude. Say bye to your wife, we're going home."

"Byyye wifeeey~" The blond said completely exhausted.

"Bring your friends next time!"

"Will do, ma'am!"

"Aww Hell Naww! Those dudes will keep staring at my hot wife, I don't like that!"

"Yeah yeah, now shut up, you're embarrassing me." And those were the last words before they got out of the restaurant. Natalya had already finished the drink of the woman on the corner of the bar, now going to take the money that was on the counter. She was wearing a smile, excited to see more guests at the bar.

Hunter had everything set. Notepad for orders, pencils, napkins, straws, whatever a customer would want and what he would need. His eyes glowered as he looked into the building, all he could see were customers. Customers, customers, customers. Great. With a quick shake of his head, all signs of a cold personality were quickly erased. A cheeky, friendly smile brightened his usually dark features and his eyes appeared to take a more friendly turn rather than icy. He walked further into the business that was happening within the restaurant. He could see from where he was walking that his boss was pretty occupied, but tented to his own matters. He quickly greeted a couple that had just walked into the restaurant and walked over to a table that was currently waiting for a server. The table consisted of a chestnut haired mother and her son that looked at least over 10 but no older than 13.

"Hi there! Welcome to Adriana's Restaurant, what can I get the two of you today~?" The usually cold man asked the woman and her son politely.

He was ready to write down a simple soda and maybe some other type of soda for her son, but he was suddenly bombarded with a whole mess of drinks from the woman. Different names for sodas spilled out of this woman's mouth like a fountain, along with simple water. Hunter hurriedly wrote down everything the woman had said, finding it difficult to keep his warm and friendly smile.

"Do you plan on drinking all of these sodas ma'am?" Hunter simply had to ask the woman.

"Oh no," the woman smiled and blushed in embarrassment,"we're waiting for others, and I just thought I'd order ahead for them."

Hunter kept his grin,"Oh I see, I'll be right back with your drinks ma'am~"

It has not even been day one, and Hunter was already bombarded with orders. Fantastic. The man glowered at the notepad, she had at least order 10 drinks just by glancing at the paper alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.