Adira - Volume 1: Rise of Legends (OOC)

Name: Reikan Zarlenak
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Appearance: Reikan has a broad shouldered frame and thick brown-grey hair as well as a small beard, with a scar just below his right ear. His eyes are a murky green-brown accompanied by bushy eyebrows and yellowish teeth. He has quite a small nose as well, making his face overall seem young but with a flash of age here and there. He usually wears basic clothing with a cape on his back or occasionally a hood over his head accompanied by a cloak. He has a small shortsword on his belt as well as several band oilers on his chest, and his left hand and forearm is strewn with what seem to be cracks in his skin. Filling in the gashes is a strange, glowing grey light that could give him away as possible a storm or frost Mage. His overall appearance leans towards a battlemage rather than a usual, robe wearing Mage.
History: Growing up in a village in the mountains near Celestia, Reikan had somehow never really fitted in with the rest of the village dwellers. He had always shown an interest in magic and the ways of sorcery and the mages, but that sort of thing was frowned upon by both friends and family. As a result of this, Reikan had sidelined his interest in magic to grow up and help around his father's smithing workshop. At the age of around 17, Reikan had decided to leave his village like some of the other youths did at the time, but unlike them he aspired to become a Mage of some sort. Travelling to the nearby city of Celestia to study, Reikan spent the time until he was 23 learning the ways of controlling electrical energy and the cold. Most of the time, he leaned more towards frost magic, finding he was more enclined towards it. When he had finished his studies, Reikan travelled in the nearby area, going on errands for people and slowly making both a name and a living for himself.
At the age of 29 Reikan became closely involved with a group of adventurers, guiding them to a ruin in the mountains in the hope that they would find something there worth taking. Upon arrival, Reikan and the rest of the party were ambushed by a group of bandits who killed the rest of his group and assumed they had killed him too. He made his way back to Celestial, although felt uninspired to carry on with his travels as well as cautious and weak. Ever since that day, Reikan has stayed in and around Celestia, going on a sort of early retirement with the money he had clung onto. Maybe sometime soon he'll get a reason or opportunity to journey out of the city once more...

Traits
  • Resovoir II- Reikan chose to focus on the length of his spells first, making it the strongest.
  • Control I- Every Mage needs a degree of control
  • Endurance I- Working in the farm during his early life made him able to endure long periods of work.

Unique Aspect - Seasoned Explorer: Having spent six whole years of his life traveling and questing as well as learning more, Reikan usually can rely on either the knowledge he has or assumptions of past encounters to find a way to solve things. Having been in several different kinds of dungeons and ruins as well as having encountered a variety of different creatures Reikan is (so to speak) rather streetwise when it comes to the way things work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if my app is a little rusty, I'm new here and haven't used forums to rp for quite a while. Also hope I'm not too late to join :)

GM post tomorrow or the day after.

If anyone is wondering about the delay, it's because I was hoping for some last minute posts. Eight inactives is a bit much, so I'm gonna start sending out PMs, figuring out the reasons for silence and all that.

If anyone is wondering about the delay, it's because I was hoping for some last minute posts. Eight inactives is a bit much, so I'm gonna start sending out PMs, figuring out the reasons for silence and all that.
Thanks for letting me know. I was wondering where the GM post was... and did not receive notifications about posts here on the OOC

Almost forgot, I fixed the roll in the post, is it right now?

Almost forgot, I fixed the roll in the post, is it right now?

Kinda. Deciding the difficulty checks and results is still on my end. On your end it'd be more like "Tegami rolled to cause hallucations" or pain, or blindness, etc etc.

Kinda. Deciding the difficulty checks and results is still on my end. On your end it'd be more like "Tegami rolled to cause hallucations" or pain, or blindness, etc etc.
Ok, going to edit once i get it to re install my mouse...

Getting a GM post up tomorrow since I've given the inactives more than enough time for this round, and I don't have work until the evening on Wednesdays, so I'll have plenty of time to write.

Post is about 70% done.

I hate to say it, but I've come to realize that GMing isn't my cup of tea. I don't really find it enjoyable the way I find RPing enjoyable. Because of this, I think it's best I stop this RP instead of dragging my way through GM post and GM post, each one later and later than the one before.

I'm sorry.

• Thank You
Reactions: White
I hate to say it, but I've come to realize that GMing isn't my cup of tea. I don't really find it enjoyable the way I find RPing enjoyable. Because of this, I think it's best I stop this RP instead of dragging my way through GM post and GM post, each one later and later than the one before.
I'm sorry.
Usually it is recommened to have a co-GM for that situation.
The most frustrating thing for a GM is when people disappear without a reply or just drop out alltogether with some others... I assume this is what truly broke the fun in it for you? Very understandable though. *knows that experience too well*

Thank you for letting me know~

I hate to say it, but I've come to realize that GMing isn't my cup of tea. I don't really find it enjoyable the way I find RPing enjoyable. Because of this, I think it's best I stop this RP instead of dragging my way through GM post and GM post, each one later and later than the one before. I'm sorry.
That's too bad! I was really looking forward to what you have in store for us. But yeah, there's no need to drag yourself through something you no longer enjoy. Anyway, good luck out there!