Adira - Volume 1: Rise of Legends (OOC)

Deston Therope, orange
Name: Deston Therope better known as DESTON!

Sex: The manliest of men

Race: Human? (There is speculation)

Appearance: Deston is quite large, standing at the staggering height of 6'9 and 280 pounds he looks down on most men. His toned muscled hidden under dark olive skin. His long black hair is usually tied back in a messy ponytail by a black length of rope. half his face is a a black Iron face plate. Runes engraved with gold. One of his eyes a bright blue the other a metallic bronze.
images

History: Deston Therope was born to a tribal civilization near southwed Deston has has never known a life of luxury. In fact his life has been filled with violence. Since his turn from a boy to man he has warred with the other tribes. It was in one bloody conflict that the Magi of Southwed came to end this senseless war. They had decided that these senseless savages could not be reasoned so they sought to destroy them. Together they weaved a spell that infected the battlefield the warriors upon it, most of both tribes, they released a black loud that destroyed the warriors lungs. The cast scale of the spell led to the slightest of magic resistance making the spell null. Deston was the only warrior left standing, covered in blood the 16 had watched all around him die. In a grief filled cry unleashed his unique attribute. He had collapsed just there.

All but the strongest Magi heard the sound and did not flee. Instead he was filled with pity for the young boy. He took him in gained his trust and tuaght him the skills of speech and writing. He gave the brute a mind of his own and crafted him the half metal face plate he now has. Branden Therope died 6 years later, giving Deston his last name and holdings. Deston now travels looking for opportunitys to use his skills to give people a second chance as Branden once had.

Traits
Deston Therope, orange
  • Strength II
  • Counter Magic I
  • Endurance I

Unique Aspect -Beserkers Rage- Deston can unleash a powerful scream at the expense of his sanity. A sonic attack the effects the mind and body, the people directly beofre him are knocked back even stunned in some cases, everyone party and enemies feel an aura of fear, in extreme cases they could even run. In contrast his mind shatters He attacks the closest everyone in vicinity.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a league of legends joke don't mind my stupidity, almost done.

Name:
Amelia Ironheart

Sex:
Female

Race:
Human

Appearance:
eywOS5W.jpg

History:
Amelia was born an exile in Exile Cove on the Isle of Dove. It was a poor life, so poor that her parents borrow money that they could not pay back. Eventually they attempted the last resort: selling their daughter to the one they owed money. Her parents knew this was a cruel fate, to sell their daughter to be defiled every day and night. Amelia watched them and anger began to burn within her. A storm of fire unleashed itself from her and burned everything but her.
"Ashes to Ashes. Dust to Dust"
Shocked and scared the little survivor girl fled the area. She would be chased by the hired men that the superior of the man that she had been sold to. Weither it was for vengeance or simply to make use of her power, this would not become to be known.
Amelia fled the Isle of Dove with the next oppurtunity. Only then she took a minute to rest. And it is only then that she realized that her heart and blood are burning, that her hair had turned white and her eyes red.
A life of adventure welcomed her.

Traits
Potency I
Control II
Reservoir I

Unique Aspect
Dragonfire
Amelia's Unique ability is to summon the flames of a dragon upon her foes. This makes her able to cast melting fire, be resistant to natural fire and to summon a great dragon to her side.
!!!Notes reg. Dragonfire!!!
!Balancing Time!
To use this magic costs a lot of energy, she is otherwise unarmed, has no armor and needs to be very carefully about when to cast and when to sit out and wait. To Summon a dragon she needs to sacrifice her own blood and needs to cast for a while before succesfully casting it. Being resistant to fire does mean she doesnt feel pain from the burn, but her skin will still show burning marks which she can only "cleanse" by using her own magic. Her magic does not heal wounds.
To summon a dragon her power must rise first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Last edited:
Okay, here we go.

Hey! It's Nargle. I am super stoked to get up a character for this, because I suck and haven't even started to write one up yet. Busy gal and all.

I'm super committed to making this one happen though. I want a part in this lovely rich world. Also this post is totally a placeholder fyi.

Name:
Amelia Ironheart

Sex:
Female

Race:
Human

Appearance:
eywOS5W.jpg

History:
Amelia was born an exile in Exile Cove on the Isle of Dove. It was a poor life, so poor that her parents borrow money that they could not pay back. Eventually they attempted the last resort: selling their daughter to the one they owed money. Her parents knew this was a cruel fate, to sell their daughter to be defiled every day and night. Amelia watched them and anger began to burn within her. A storm of fire unleashed itself from her and burned everything but her.
"Ashes to Ashes. Dust to Dust"
Shocked and scared the little survivor girl fled the area. She would be chased by the hired men that the superior of the man that she had been sold to. Weither it was for vengeance or simply to make use of her power, this would not become to be known.
Amelia fled the Isle of Dove with the next oppurtunity. Only then she took a minute to rest. And it is only then that she realized that her heart and blood are burning, that her hair had turned white and her eyes red.
A life of adventure welcome her.

Traits
Potency I
Control II
Reservoir I

Unique Aspect
Dragonfire
Amelia's Unique ability is to summon the flames of a dragon upon her foes. This makes her able to cast melting fire, be resistant to natural fire and to summon a great dragon to her side.
!!!Notes reg. Dragonfire!!!
!Balancing Time!
To use this magic costs a lot of energy, she is otherwise unarmed, has no armor and needs to be very carefully about when to cast and when to sit out and wait. To Summon a dragon she needs to sacrifice her own blood and needs to cast for a while before succesfully casting it. Being resistant to fire does mean she doesnt feel pain from the burn, but her skin will still show burning marks which she can only "cleanse" by using her own magic. Her magic does not heal wounds.
To summon a dragon her power must rise first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
nice!

Okay, here we go.

Hey! It's Nargle. I am super stoked to get up a character for this, because I suck and haven't even started to write one up yet. Busy gal and all.

I'm super committed to making this one happen though. I want a part in this lovely rich world. Also this post is totally a placeholder fyi.
Eyy Nargs.

Also, now a cap of six for each employer. If anyone else joins while most people have yet to align themselves, I'll add another employer.

• Thank You
Reactions: White
New employer added: Felice Saradhan. At this point, no matter how many people join, no more employers will be added for quite awhile at least. Max of four people per employer unless we pass twelve players. (If several people join in a short time down the line when things are already in full swing, I'll figure something out for them)

As for posting schedule, there'll be a GM post every week or so. It'd be best if people could get a post in each round (doesn't have to be long, a five sentence paragraph or so it totally fine), and I generally won't punish people for missing a round. More, if they let me know about their absence ahead of time. If people ever need/want me to collab with them for some NPC dialogue or describe something or decide the result of an action for them between GM posts, just hit me up.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I would also like to say that I will be aligning myself with That Vampire wench. Hopefully more shall follow and we can make a grand adventure.

Reactions: Dr.Forrest
Thanks Herzi. I did not get any alerts on this thread and had no notice of the IC starting. I will read through the posts and get mine in tomorrow.

Hey, Herzi, as far as cost of magic goes, would a change in colour and/or substance of bodily fluids (such as saliva and basal tears etc. Maybe blood not sure?) work? Or does it need to be even more visible? Cause I can do that. Whatever works.

Also, I was planning on making a necromancer, but I see now that Hank's character may have nabbed that title first?

Since their abilities will differ (I want to focus more on manipulation of the dead and dead matter rather than the spirits themselves) and I plan to align my character with Sandra rather than Ard, would it be alright if I continue in the direction I'm going with my character?

I totaly love the idea of the character, I just want to say that the manipulation of the dead would be taboo even in the society where magic is so prevalent. Wouldn't you then align yourself with the vampire Felicia then anyone else?

EDit: How could you be making a character? Aren't you too busy staring at you're reflection?

Hey, Herzi, as far as cost of magic goes, would a change in colour and/or substance of bodily fluids (such as saliva and basal tears etc. Maybe blood not sure?) work? Or does it need to be even more visible? Cause I can do that. Whatever works.
A change of colour for body fluids has a similar problem to when Hua only had bigger ears: A slight difference in mortal flesh is still mortal flesh.

Also, I was planning on making a necromancer, but I see now that Hank's character may have nabbed that title first?

Since their abilities will differ (I want to focus more on manipulation of the dead and dead matter rather than the spirits themselves) and I plan to align my character with Sandra rather than Ard, would it be alright if I continue in the direction I'm going with my character?
Yeah, go ahead. Some overlap between characters, especially if they'll be in different groups,is fine.

Hmm, I'm interested in making a character. Any more space? I plan to make a wandering troubadour type of character.