Adira - Volume 1: Rise of Legends (OOC)

I've been debating whether I should actually enforce this or not, but there's such a thing as being too easy-going a GM, so:

UltimateCircuit and Tegami, since you guys have magic schools/cast spells/etc, there should be physical manifestations as described in the Cost of Magic tab. Specifically at UltimateCircuit, I know you did the ears for that so kudos for thinking about it, but different ears aren't really the kind of changes that happen. The point is the loss of humanity/mortal flesh.

Name: Azalie Orletylar
Sex: Female
Race: Elf
Appearance:

History: Azalie was born in the outskirts of Deshold to a wondering druidic tribe of mixed races whom revere nature above all else. Compared to the few other children her age, Azalie was weak and frail in stature, having problems with the basic chores as she was winded easily. Her strength grew later on as she pushed herself, but she would be limited in her family tent learning about mixing herbs for the sick and making bandages for the injured.
The first manifestation of her powers was when she helped heal a squirrel who had a sprain. She continued her healings in secret, but as her eyes and hair began to change in ways that the tribe could not ignore, she was employed more, often falling asleep for periods at a time after multiple healings. Around 100 years old, she left her tribe and made way for the city of Deshold, attempting to keepher changes concealed beneath a cloak.
Traits
  • Potency II
  • Reservoir I
  • Control I
Unique Aspect - Healing magic - She is able to heal mild to moderate injuries, stabilize major wounds, and the same can be applied to illnesses at the cost of her becoming faint and needing rest. Her hair would seem to shimmer and her eyes would appear to sparkle, but her skin has become somewhat iridescent and glow.

@Herzinth Oh I know what will happen. I just don't think Hua has tapped into her powers enough yet for her flesh to actually disappear.

@Herzinth Oh I know what will happen. I just don't think Hua has tapped into her powers enough yet for her flesh to actually disappear.
Herzinth said:
For the average wandering pyromancer (which is about the power level any magician PCs will be starting at), it could be a hand and forearm made of intricate cast iron.
It's not an encompassing change by any means, but enough that it'd be fairly noticeable (unless you hid it, of course).

@Herzinth I'll change my appearance description to "Left hand is made out of metal. It is usually covered with a brown glove with the symbol of an ancient rune upon it. The glove does not have any influence on her magical abilities."

I've been debating whether I should actually enforce this or not, but there's such a thing as being too easy-going a GM, so:

UltimateCircuit and Tegami, since you guys have magic schools/cast spells/etc, there should be physical manifestations as described in the Cost of Magic tab. Specifically at UltimateCircuit, I know you did the ears for that so kudos for thinking about it, but different ears aren't really the kind of changes that happen. The point is the loss of humanity/mortal flesh.
Can I do it with his inner organs???

Name:Zadok Shadows
Sex:Male
Race:Elf
Appearance:
History: Zadok grew up as a orphan in the city. He would scrap and steal to eat and would often steal to help feed his fellow orphan. One day at a young age he was caught stealing by a Master Rogue. Instead of killing Zadok on the spot, the Rogue took the young elf from the streets and took him under his wing. He was taught the art of being a rogue. the master would take zadok on missions and heists. One mission went wrong. when zadok was a young man he assisted his master in raiding a manor of a very wealthy nobleman. It would of gone off with no problem, but a guard had spotted them. the master rogue sacrificed his life. Zadok will never forget his master and he continues his profession. hoping to be like his master one day and pass his knowledge on to an apprentice of his own.

Traits
  • Flurry of blows II
  • Reflexes I
  • Charger I

Unique Aspect - Illusionist= Zadok has always needed to rely on deception to stay alive. Over te years he has developed various devices to aid him in his travels. smoke bombs, paralyzing darts, sleep powder, flash bangs, all these from various arts of deception taught to him by masters.

Hey, guys, I'm afraid I have to drop this RP. I'll be offline for a while due to issues irl, but hopefully I'll be back soon! Sorry, guys!

Name: Freya Kvalheim
Race: Human
Appearance:
15787b93bd8303ae992d5c44ec133110-d77uzoj.jpg

History:
After her mother's early death, Freya was raised by her uncle, a renowned fencer and one of the top duelists of the time. For much of her youth, her uncle was absent from the house training or dueling, supporting himself and Freya with his generous winnings from the arena. When she was twelve, a leg injury put him out of the arena for good, and her uncle was forced to return home unable to fence again. Upon returning from the last bout he'd ever fight in, he gave his sword over to Freya and began training her to fight in his place. Freya practiced for years before she ever stepped foot into the arena at 22, and in her first match she defeated her opponent in under thirty seconds. Her reputation as a duelist has only grown since, and she currently stands undefeated in the arena. Recently, she received a letter from Ard Revelle, asking for the talents of the young duelist in his search for an ancient remnant, and so Freya has momentarily stepped out of the arena to join this quest.

Traits
  • Flurry of Blows I
  • Reflexes II
  • Endurance I

Unique Aspect
Duelist – Due to her time in the arena, Freya is much accustomed to one on one duels – when facing one opponent alone, she gains a passive buff to all combat stats. Should the battle end, or should either another ally or another enemy join the fight, she immediately loses all buffs from this aspect. This aspect can still trigger in group battles, provided that she has singled out one enemy to duel and so long as they remain uninterrupted by other participants.

Name: Hazia
Race:Human
Appearance:
revenant_color.jpg
(When not in potion-form, is a short woman with shoulder length brown hair and light green eyes. She keeps her features hidden with a heavy cloak and hood.)
History: Hazia is an alchemist, having turned to this career due to having no experience with magic, despite her near-unhealthy fixation on causing damage from afar with things other than bows and javelins. Having grown up in a small mountain village near Sawhold, she spent her childhood and early teen years concocting all sorts of volatile mixtures. By the time Hazia was a young adult, she was searching for some 'fabled elixir' that could grant her the magic abilities she so desperately wanted. Well, after a trade with a hermit of dubious sanity up in some mountain pass, Hazia had her elixir. Well, she had some elixir. After the ingestion, she found that, while she couldn't use magic anymore than before the liquid, she could temporarily transform herself into the first alchemical substance she touches while focusing.

Traits
  • Intimidating (Probably the mad glint in her eye and smell of acid)
  • Deftness
  • Accuracy (Throwing potions has helped)

Unique Aspect - Alchemy shifting: Has the ability to morph into any substance that she touches and focuses on once per day, yet really only uses her potions for this. For example, if Hazia were to dip her finger in a bottle of alchemist's fire, she would turn into a roiling, humanoid cloud of flame for a short amount of time, yet would have no control of said flame if it left her body. Healing potions would turn her into a reddish cloud of thick mist, allowing her to contact-heal teammates. She has an extreme disdain for morphing into anything that she hasn't brewed herself, however.

(Hoping that the power is okay, it's short duration, and besides her potions and that, Hazia is pretty useless in combat.)

Can I join?
For an actual official response, yes. Yes you can.
Hey, guys, I'm afraid I have to drop this RP. I'll be offline for a while due to issues irl, but hopefully I'll be back soon! Sorry, guys!
Too bad, man. Hope your irl issues get sorted without too much hassle.

@Everyone: I'll go over the new sheets and such tomorrow.

Reactions: Beatrix
Azalie is accepted.

Zadok needs an appearance of some kind. Everything else is good.

Freya is accepted.

Hazia is accepted, though you're only using 3 of your 4 trait points at the moment.

I'll start working on the IC tomorrow, but before it goes up there shall be a vote on something. Whether there should be multiple employers, or just Ard. Multiple makes it easier to come up with scenarios in which everyone can have a meaningful contribution, as well as explore more of the world (different routes and all that). Just having Ard means that all the PCs are able to interact with each other at any time, thus diversifying the potential character foils and other such blah blah fancy things.

Reactions: Beatrix
While I can see the pros and cons in either scenario, I do not have a vote on the matter. Either or is fine with me.

Name: Robin
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Appearance:
History:
Robin is a priest-in-training from Corswen, and he is very, very far away from home. The story he tells is thus: he was on a pilgrimage with his betters when a storm struck his boat into the depths. He was, as these stories would go, the only survivor. There's some discrepancies at this part of the tale. One version of the tale he tells says he held out with the Celestia branch of the Church of Morgene, helping out with the congregation and, in a bid to return home, started to turn to treasure hunting jobs on the sly. Another version goes that he's trying to find an artifact that his church has been looking for during the Pilgrimage, to ensure that their lives were not squandered in vain. Either way, he's a cooperative, if sullen, help and an effective insurance against mages.

Traits
  • Counter-Magic III
  • Reservoir I
Unique Aspect - Shepherd
Shepherd allows mana transfer, giving Robin the ability to freely give or take mana upon skin contact. The transfer rate is roughly a single reservoir's worth of mana per 10 seconds. Giving more than donatee's reserves or taking more than the donator has to offer is a nasty prospect. When the reservoir runs out, Shepherd attempts to take from flesh, from, and from bone; deconstructing matter to leech mana. When the reservoir is filled to the brink and given more, the mage's mutation is accelerated and amplified, sometimes permanently. The same dangers apply to Robin as well.

Robin's mana sensory is drastically heightened thanks to Shepherd, allowing him to identify magic users on sight and appraise artifacts.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: E.T.
@Choi: Suppression on it's own is too powerful for a unique aspect. It's an AoE spell dampener (on someone who already has powerful countermagic), and it'd be annoying for your spell casting teammates. Succession on it's own would be fine, and in fact I'd probably have it work a lot faster than you have it written. Searing would also be fine on it's own, and because of the way it works, I'd have the speed of damage dealt scale with Counter-Magic as well as Potency. All three, however (or a combination of any two) is too much.