Adira - Volume 1: Rise of Legends (OOC)

Vivid while she is painting it. If she gets stunned in the process then the image will just fade from her mind.
And about the second part: Does that mean I should have Potency II, Control I, and Desirable? If so, then I am perfectly fine with it.
Well, you could technically stick with your current traits. Anything you made would extremely fragile, but technically... So basically, I'd recommend getting some Potency in there, yeah.

Also, just to be sure that this isn't a point of confusion: You don't have to follow a II, I, I trait amount. That's just how it's arranged in the example.

Well, you could technically stick with your current traits. Anything you made would extremely fragile, but technically... So basically, I'd recommend getting some Potency in there, yeah.
Also, just to be sure that this isn't a point of confusion: You don't have to follow a II, I, I trait amount. That's just how it's arranged in the example.
I'll be sure to include what you suggested. It seems to be better than my original lay out.

Callawyn is approved.

@Ultima: Hua is also accepted, though I'd like to point out that at the moment you've only used 3 of your 4 available points for traits (1 each in Potency, Control, and Desirable)

No problemo.

Name: Tegami

Sex: Male

Race: Human

Appearance: Because of his magic, one of Tegami's shoulders has been covered with some kind of hard bone, the same material as his dices.
tumblr_m3in42f6Qk1r9qpe1o1_1280.jpg

History: Since childhood, Tegami has always been a fan of randomness and that kind of games, throwing dice, playing cards, etc. When he was four, his parents died from still unknown reasons. Because of this he was raised in the streets, he discovered his amazing skill with the games of random at the age of six and used it to sustain himself; using dirty tricks and moves he made it to survive using the game as his profession. At the age of ten, Tegami felt different, it was like a ray of energy that invaded his body, this was a flow of magical energy, he was born with it, but like he didn't got any training he started to feel it at that age; this energy made Tegami able of using magic, but not only that, this was also one of the main reasons of his "good luck" in some card games. Since then, Tegami's occupation changed, he is now a mercenary, a tahur, which loves to leave the destiny to randomness, using his cards and dice in combination with magic.

Traits
  • Control II
  • Potency I
  • Reflexes

Unique Aspect – Randomness: Tegami is a tahur master of the game, combining his skills with a touch of magic he is able to use this as a weapon, as a factor to decide between life and death; he has a six sided dice, a coin and most important, a shuffle of 100 cards. Depending on the situation, the use of these items can be lethal, he can make an enemy weaker or stronger just by a slide of his card, or make someone dizzy because of dice roll, or someone fall dead just because the coin landed "Tails", it's all up to the situation, and of course, the luck of the participants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vahlok
Name: Vahlok Sillesejoor, literally Guardian Mortal-Souls, more aptly Spirit Guide; it is a title rather than a name.
Sex: Male.
Race: Dark elf.
Appearance:
pOAAOTu.png

History: Born across the Ashren sea in Wrenstock, Vahlok grew up in the dark elven town of North Valry. The dark elves are a deeply spiritual people who believe in ancestor worship. They cremate their dead to purify their spirits and bury the ashes in great underground catacombs to honour their memory. As such, dark elves are never plagued by restless ghosts. Vahlok's father was a priest of the dark elven temple and taught Vahlok all about the rituals and sacraments necessary to placate a spirit. He also told young Vahlok, who had another name at that time, about what sometimes happens to the spirits of other races; those who do not practice the dark elven ancestor worship. Some souls who come to a violent end cannot move on or find peace in death, and remain to haunt the living. There are a handful of dark elf priests that travel the world to put these spirits to rest, and in this, Vahlok found his calling.

For almost a century he has wandered, earning the title Vahlok Sillesejoor for his efforts in bringing peace to those beyond normal redemption. Vahlok has spent the last fifty years in Gifforen and has not returned to Wrenstock. While in Gifforen, he also discovered a rather lucractive way to exploit his skills; many prospective tomb-raiders or dungeon-delvers have hired Vahlok to protect them against vengeful ghosts that lurk in the dark. Vahlok uses a combination of the traditional blue fire magic of the dark elven people and his necromancy to protect his clients. It is in this capacity that Ard Revelle has summoned him to Celestia.

Traits
  • Potency II
  • Control I
  • Intimidating I

Unique Aspect Zii Rii Alok Gaar Maar, literally Spirit Essence Arise Unleash Terror, more aptly Exorcism, is Vahlok's most powerful spell. In times of great danger, he can call upon the spiritual essence of the dead he has put to rest to aid him. Bookshelves rattle, gaslights flicker, the temperature drops sharply and an unnatural, keening wail pierces the air as dozens of ghastly pale-blue figures temporarily return to haunt the present. This inspires great terror in all but the most fearless of foes. The physical influence these spirits can exert over the real world is limited, but in their great numbers they pose a significant threat. These spirits also grant supernatural defenses to Vahlok, swarming around him to hide him from view and deflect enemy attacks. However, Vahlok has to concentrate and mutter a continuous stream of incantations to work the spell. If he is interrupted, the spirits vanish. Casting this spell always leaves Vahlok greatly exhausted.

Notes: Purification has manifested in Vahlok as follows: everchanging, spiraling tattoos that glow pale-blue in the dark encircle his arms and completely cover his hands; it is as if he has replaced his own hands with those of a ghost. The second manifestation is in his mouth. Whenever Vahlok speaks, a spectral light can be seen illuminating his mouth from the back of his throat. His voice pierces through even the loudest of noises, even if it is a mere whisper, and to the listener it sounds like it is coming from all around them... like the voices of the dead. It is this that makes Vahlok intimidating.

Tegami - Since this is a wide-range of potential magic doing as opposed to a single skill, it's strengths are based off of your magical traits (which judging from Control II, you already knew). Control will slant the odds in your favour, while Potency will increase the strength of the buffs/debuffs you can try to apply. Accepted.

Vahlok is accepted. I imagine the 100+ year old guy will have plenty of fun keeping the youngsters in line.

Zennith - I know it isn't finished yet, but I feel I should point out you have 5 points worth of traits (1 too many)

Vahlok is accepted. I imagine the 100+ year old guy will have plenty of fun keeping the youngsters in line.
Thank you. I think he will, though I imagine (at the very least) Tegami won't be much in a hurry to listen to him.

Oh, almost forgot: Thomas McTavish, Callawyn is missing his age at the moment.

Got a WIP CS in the first page. Will finish when I have more ample time

Name: Aeok Of The Fifth Order
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Employer: Ard
History:
Aeok was born to oath and swords. His home resided in the far west corner of Fretport where he learned the ways of his order. Throughout his life he has been taught to carry out the deeds of a lawful warrior, abiding by chivalry and fair swordsmanship. Once he completed his schooling, he became a Oathkeeper within the Order. Once you become an Oathkeeper you take an oath that will be bound to you for the rest of your life. Aeok, being a man of the sword, chose the vow of celibacy as most of his teachers did. Soon his life as an Oathkeeper lead him away from the keep that resided in the far west corner of Fretport. From Fretport he traveled toward his new calling.

Traits
Strength II
Block I
Endurance I

Unique Aspect Body and Soul- Aeok has strives to be the best warrior he can be. Through nights of prayer and devotion to the sword he has learned that he can imbue himself with mystical armor. The armor varies depending on his state of mind, calmness, and how much he has endured. He has yet to be able to perfect this ability, so in time he may be able to master this ability. (Armor)

@Eternalfire61 What would you consider Aeok's alignment to be? Lawful Good or Lawful Neutral?

Either way, Cal is Chaotic Neutral, so interactions between the two will be... interesting, to say the least.

If its not to late to jump in, I'm interested. I can throw up a CS some time soonish.

@Thomas McTavish
Lawful neutral for sure man. He is a paladin without all of the preachy parts.

I'm sure our encounters will be more than memorable.

Go ahead, IC isn't up yet ^-^
But what if I secretly put up the IC a couple of hours ago? What then? Then nothing. I don't plan on closing this off to new players for awhile at least (if ever).

Aeok is accepted.