Genres
🍂 Fantasy.
🍂 Action.
🍂 Superhero.
🍂 Romance.
🍂 Slice of Life.
🍂 Mutants.
Hey.

I have been trying to figure out how to add a background to my posts on here.

I have managed to find all manner of codes for things that add some form of tab, limited background, text background, text boxes, and so on, but no BB code that simply let's me change the background color of my posts.

There might not be a way, but I am fairly certain I have seen people making posts that are framed in borders along with backgrounds of various types that stretches from the top, to the bottom of the post.

Am I misunderstanding this, or is there a way to add a background, and border, which replaces the site's background in your post?

To be specific, I have been trying to find some kind of "parchment," or "letter" theme to change the color/frame to.

I have looked through the BB code list but I have not spotted what I am looking for, if it even exists.

Thank you for your time, I apologize if I am making no sense.

Last edited:
What you're thinking of does exist, in a roundabout sort of way. Div boxes! There aren't any predetermined themes to pick from - you have to find the colors and images yourself. But, they work, and they can look like this:

The text goes here!​

The code for that looks like this:
[div=background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/87Lgg9Q.jpg);
background-size: cover;
padding: 20px 10px;
color: black;][center]The text goes here![/center][/div]

"background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/87Lgg9Q.jpg);" can be replaced with "background-color: COLORCODE;", as well. That looks like this:

The text goes here!​

And the code looks like this:
[div=background-color: #ebd5b3;
background-size: cover;
padding: 20px 10px;
color: black;][center]The text goes here![/center][/div]

This is really basic div stuff, however, and you can get a lot more intricate with it. There are examples in The Coding Lab here on Iwaku, and that's also the place to put a thread where you can try out div stuff on your own.

There's also The Divtionary, a list of all the things you can use in a div and what they do.

If you have issues with BBCode or run into problems making a div work like you want it to, The BBCode Help Thread is where you can ask and get help from others also interested in coding.

Reactions: Kitti
Absolutely astonishing.

Thanks a bunch. You have been of great help!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Spectre of the Fade