1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Modern/realistic. Low fantasy. Low Scifi. Supernatural. Future Dystopia (not post-apoc).
One of my ads just expired, I used the linked extend function to extend it by 1 month. It says it saved but nothing changes in my ad area.

Now that the ad is listed as inactive in my ads, I go to controls, and the only option is "edit." Why is there no renew or delete in the dropdown?

Come to think of it, why can't I delete an ad? I have an active ad and the only functions I have for that are edit or pause.

You can delete your own ads. You have to pause it first. Then it will allow you to delete it.

As for extensions, it likely doesn't work because advertisements need staff approval to go through and the end dates are also set manually by whoever is approving it so my guess would be that this is rendering the feature pointless under the way that we have them set up.

As for extensions, it likely doesn't work because advertisements need staff approval to go through and the end dates are also set manually by whoever is approving it so my guess would be that this is rendering the feature pointless under the way that we have them set up.
why doesn't the ad just go back to pending until the extension is approved? It is just staying completely inactive for me.

One of my ads just expired, I used the linked extend function to extend it by 1 month. It says it saved but nothing changes in my ad area.

Now that the ad is listed as inactive in my ads, I go to controls, and the only option is "edit." Why is there no renew or delete in the dropdown?

Come to think of it, why can't I delete an ad? I have an active ad and the only functions I have for that are edit or pause.
I honestly cant even extend my ads anymore, as there seems to be no extend button in sight.

To be honest, I think the button was taken down for reviewing reasons.

I just go around this by adding a new advertisement, deleting the old one, and putting in the exact same specs as the old banner, seems to work just fine

I honestly cant even extend my ads anymore, as there seems to be no extend button in sight.
Hah, yeah I noticed that too, but I've gotten 2 alerts asking me to extend (and giving a link to the extend function). One a week before my ad expired and one today when it actually did expire.

I thought for sure I had extended it last time but figured maybe I just remembered wrong. Guess I didn't and the function is just useless now. XD

I was trying to find if I could simply edit the ad to renew it, but it seems I can't do that, either. I mean I do edit it, but it just stays inactive.

EDIT: Uploading a new banner in the edit window did it and it's back to pending now, so I will assume that's another roundabout way of extending it.

Status
Not open for further replies.