Acts of Kindness

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LogicfromLogic

Original poster
So, there are many times in our lives that there are such hateful acts taken on us, things that make us feel super shitty. We tear ourselves open about some of them, and forget that we deserve happiness.

However, sometimes people really surprise us. I was walking around downtown barefoot because I hate wearing shoes and I was too lazy to put shoes on. Well, as I am walking this young man flags me down and asks me if I need shoes. The man looked quite homeless himself, so to me this made my day. It told me that there's still good in the world, and while it may seem petty to be so happy over something so small, acts like this bring tears to my eyes because I see so little kindness in my life.

Anyone else have times they really were moved by the kindness of other people?

• Love
Reactions: Kagayours
I forgot to pack my coat and was still wearing the clothes more fit to the summer-part of China, ao when arrived up North, I... was wearing shorts. It was freezing. I mean I had longer pants in my luggage but I wanted to get a cab fast cause the flight was delayed and the hostel wouldn't let me in if I arrived late. The taxi driver borrowed me his coat, then when we arrived late 'cause fucking traffic, he rode all around town to find a hostel that was still open. Needless to say the man got a good tip.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
A friend of mine (my co-chief resident) brought in dinner for one of his patients and ate with her for Thanksgiving when she was stuck in the hospital and had no nearby family to join her.

Status
Not open for further replies.