Active Angel

"We should keep walking and forget we even met her here. Forget what happened between you two in that store. Forget what she said about being my boyfriend. Just...forget everything. Let's get out of here bef--"

"Kaaallliiiinneee~"

"Christ on a cracker..." Kaline swiveled over to see Myna jogging out of the the store, jacket open and breast flying around in her poorly supportive bra. Kaline averted eyes at the disgusting view while most of the other people in the mall (mostly the men and probably Jack) were staring at the scene. That was something that Myna was pretty famous for. Well, Kali was herself, but they were more of a weigh-down on her when she was doing sports or working out. Myna just liked to flaunt. Purposefully.

"Where you two going? Don't you want to take me home to Uncle Ferni?"

"You know the way." Kali replied, coldly. Myna's pink lips pursed in a pleading line.

"Kali, come on. Pleasseee? I won't mess with your boyfriend too much." Kali glared at Myna which only made Myna smile in victory. There was no way Kali was going to get around it.

Jack was reading manga, and it appeared to be 'One Piece.' He was dedicated to reading it at the moment, slightly in pain.

"WAZAAAAH~!!!" He screeched, not noticing the conversation, but glancing a couple times at Myna's poor bra, his eyes about to come out of their sockets from the shock, while he tried to keep up with the manga he was reading. "I'm only on Chapter 46! DX How will I ever get to the Rokushiki martial arts and Haki power of the current chapters with such slow reading?! DX"

Then he looked up to see the girls looking at each other, Myna smirking, Kali glaring.

"Y'know…" Began Jack. "It does pique my curiosity: what race are you two anyway? African, Jamaican, South Asian, Indian?…Ah, nevermind. A restaurant at sea sounds like a queazy idea personally." He added, looking back at his manga's current pages. "Jaaaa~!! If I wanted to read about cooking, I would be checking out Toriko!…It'll all be worth it when I get to a higher chapter. :D"

Jack was going off on a winding speech about manga and things while both Kali and Myna were having a quiet war between themselves.

"You could do better than that."

"I am not going to tell you again that he is not my boyfriend."

"He might as well be. You've been lonely for how long?"

"Does it matter?"

"It's because all of those weights you lift and things. I have told you over and over again that you intimidate the men when you do that. But fine, don't listen to me. I only want to help you out."

"I highly doubt that on so many different levels. And how are you any different? You lift weights and do sports too."

"But I'm sexy when I do it."

"Who told you that lie?"

"Kaline..." The two of them went on like that, even when Kali spat a "African Pacific" answer to his question. She ignored him on all levels since her full focus was thrown to her cousin who strut next to her as the three of them exited the mall. The sooner they dropped er off at Kaline's house, the sooner their day of relaxation could begin.

"Ladies~!" Jack began to butt in. "I'm seriously a Freeman. I mean…I wouldn't dare be Kali's girlfriend unless she was okay with it!…not that I'd want to. I mean…I'm TOTES open! >:O"

Jack had a stupid grin on his face, before trying to think of something else to say...

"Uh…Well…I have a cousin I don't always get along with myself…maybe you two could like, try to put an end to this sibling rivalry stuff you seem to be going through, provided I leave the two of you alone…For now though, and not as a date, me and Kali just wanted to hang out as friends. I'd just like to relax with the girl who helped me years ago in sports, and who I recently discovered, has a taste in martial arts, which is AWESOME~!"

Silence passed for a moment. A Fly buzzed by, and Jack poked it with his index finger. The little creature died...

It was a sure fire fact: Jack was not helping the situation in any way, shape, or form. For one, he fell right into Myna's teasing of their being boyfriend and girlfriend. it was a usual plan of hers, saying something that made one person feel oddly uncomfortable while making the other involuntarily talk openly about it. Jack was incredibly naive sometimes, but Kali put it upon herself to save him for any further torture from her cousin.

"We are just friends. I am helping him in the Tag Team Tourney that is coming up. We're just hanging out today to take a break from all the working out and sports. That better?"she said with a tinge of annoyance under her voice. Myna dabbed at her neck to clean up the sweat that was threatening to drop down to her chest. Kaline kept her eyes away and just looked right in front of her. In about 10 more minutes they would reach her house and Myna would be dumped off.

"Tag Team? I didn't know that was your style."she cooed. Kaline looked off and said nothing, remembering her last tag team match...

Now it was Jack's turn to get pissed. He had a bad feeling about mentioning the Tag Team tournament to certain people, and this Myna character gave off an aura now that shined more than ever, telling him this was an awful mistake. He just hoped this wouldn't happen with Clyde…

"Kali…" Groaned Jack, before breaking into a whisper, and getting close to Kaline's ear. "Tag Team Tourney, No go in convo. 'specially not here and now with people of a certain type, especially your cuz,' dude. She reeks of brawling and other such training. You may just be inviting her into the last domain we had to hide…"

Jack looked over back at Myna for a quick glance. Besides her showy body, he could tell just by a few good looks at her (and her knockers) that she had some form of combat training. Oddly enough, in the same style as Kali!

"…Say Myna…" Began Jack. "Did you and Kali have any 'family arts?' y'know, a fighting style passed down through the family? The way you say Tag Team, it's like you have some kind of experience in fighting…"

Kaline did not take Jack's warning well. How in the hell would he tell me about my own cousin? I know her more than he does by a long shot, her aura and all. This guy here is really asking for it. Her blood boiled under her skin while he threw his "advice" at her, but being next to Myna actually stopped her from attacking him verbally. Instead, to let off steam, she sighed and decided to answer his questions.

"Not sure. You may need to talk to my father and uncle about that. My dad was the fighter and her's was the Samurai. In that way, you can say they were polar opposites. I really didn't get none of that mumbo jumbo they did. I just like working out."

"Tch, yeah. Cuz Kali never paid attention to any of the stories they would tell about the old days. she hated sitting and listening. She would much rather be running around outside or something. Right, KK?"

"Don't call me that." Kali grumbled, tossing a silver bang from her eyes.

Jack bit his lip as more friction went on. Now he just didn't want to be here anymore. He slipped out of Kali's grasp, and began to back away...

"Oh hey, I think my grampa mentioned that I had training early today…silly me for forgetting. D: I think a little time to blow off steam would be nice. Preferably we all go our separate ways….yeah…heh heh… :D bye!"

Jack waved goodbye as he hurried off home. It felt like when Myna was around, his joy, happiness, and fun with Kali turned to trouble. plus, he could have sworn Myna gave him a little look.

-

Jack drop kicked the door, flying in and landing on the couch to watch TV, likely leaving his grampa to fix the door again as he usually did. He made the old man do this because he was still in great health, and he demanded more feats from Jack besides simply training, for his own amusement, so why not get some payment?

"Ah~ I think I'll just wait till Kali and Myna's thing blows over. It's good that-"

And just at that moment, a certain tall figure and his horse loomed over Jack, their shadowy forms showing off red, glowing eyes, like demons.

"…Brother Clyde? :D"

He blabbered something bout his grandpa and then took off running in the opposite direction. He ran so fast that the two girls could've sworn they detected a cloud of dust behind the heels of his shoes. However mad Kaline was at him, it got even worse when he left all of a sudden! In less than an hour, their day out was ruined and he just...just left her there! Standing in the middle of the street! To make already worsened matters even worse, he left her with Myna! Myna smirked at him before he took off in his sprint down the street, leaving the two of them alone. It was a good half a minute before she flipped her purple bangs away from her eyes and walked off down the street.

"He doesn't seem too loyal, now does he?"

"You scared him off."she retorted. Myna was mad at the statement but Kali said nothing further. instead, she was determined to wrap herself in her own thoughts. How could he just plan something between the two of us and then ditch me! That ass hole! Kali's steps had an added, aggravated weight to them as she kept walking with Myna when on a spree of assumptions and boasting about whe she had and what Kali didn't have.

It was going to be a long walk home.

Back at Jack's, Clyde already had his younger cousin in a chokehold, as the two began to wrestle, Clyde casually using little effort, while Jack struggled to get free, even with all his training.

"I thought you said you got strong, Jack!" Barked Clyde, followed by laughter. "You haven't trained properly, you slacker!"

Jack began to get Clyde's hands off a little. Annoyed, he tried to retort back to Clyde's statement.

"You cheated! And I HAVE trained! Striking, Grappling, whatever! I more than easily rank fairly high enough with MMA Fighters!"

Jack slid through Clyde's hands like butter, landing on the other boy's shoulders, before hopping off for a dropkick to the back, as Clyde Fell, Jack grabbed his cousin's wrists and ankles...

"NAPALM STRETCH!"

Jack tried to hold the technique, seemingly managing well...

"KA~KAKAKAKA~!!" Cackled Clyde. "Good. Now I can use more strength I've locked away…"

"Wut? :D" went Jack, scared shitless on the inside.

Clyde proceeded to heave himself, and Jay, into the air, Jay hitting the ceiling, then Clyde turning his body with bizarre, carefully precise movements as he planned to land Jack into the floor.

"OOOOOHHHH SHHHHH-" Screamed Jack, followed by a large explosion of dust, smoke, and sound. The house wasn't too badly damaged somehow, Clyde having concentrated the force of the attack all into Jack's body, preventing any major destruction, and showing off his martial arts skills.

"What Focal Power…8P" Went Jack, who was dizzy, and defeated. "I bet you could load the power of a skyscraper buster into a mere finger strike with that kind of ability…"

Clyde Nodded. "Ossu!"

"So you in the kid are going to have a tag team match." Myna said while she trotted beside Kali on their walk back to the house. She never did want to say nothing during the walk back to the house but Myna had a bad problem with talking excessively when she was not needed.

"I never thought for you to be the tag team type of girl, even with a guy. All of those times I tried to get you to do it with me? Well, Kali, I'm quite jealous!"she gasped in a mock expression of shock. Kali had ignored it and took her time to kick a pebble that was under her foot down the road. Myna ignored Kali's lack of focus and continued on her spree. "Remember all of those years ago when we both wanted those Beach Peach shoes, but didn't have any money? And when we found out about the tournament, we thought that our dad's could go in and compete in it to give us those shoes?" Myna asked.

"Yeah. Then they said no and you wanted to do it with me instead."

"Uh...duh! And you said NO!"she said with a pout. Kali shrugged and kicked the pebble down the road some more. She was hit with a sudden nostalgia as Myna rambled on and on about their past tag team attempts, but Myna was right. Kali did not want to fight alongside with her cousin, and for a simple reason, really: she hated her.

And then, in total coincidence, Jack was back running to the girls. He seemed to have a couple beads of sweat, and he made several small noises of pain when he moved, before stopping in front of the ladies, his messy hair, red face, and loss of breath showing signs of extreme weakness: He had just been through hell, and had just managed to barely escape with his life, as he tried to speak, feeling his throat go dry, as words failed to come out.

"Kal…lee…" He tried to begin. "Sorry about…be…fore!…" He huffed. "We need to train. NOW!"

And with that, Jack immediately took Kali by the wrist, and began dragging her to the gym. In his eyes now was a fierce, burning inner determination of sorts, the reason for such a thing unknown to others, but as soon as Jack would say the words 'My Brother' things would definitely have to make more sense. Clyde himself was a far more advanced martial artist, having taken the time to practice a combination of Hung Gar and Muay Thai Fighting Styles to Parallel Jack's Wing Chun and Kyokushin Karate arts. Worst of all, and Jack didn't even know it yet, Clyde was also a prominent user of a deadly secret ability…One which Jack could have just as quickly reached if he trained harder.

"I totally chickened out…I didn't know what to do. That Myna just…just…made things feel BAD." He coughed. "I-I'm Sorry. This may seem sudden, and I promised a break, but we GOT to advance in our training faster. Like, two whole months within the course of…two weeks at the longest. Haaaah…Shit…."

Jack suddenly stopped at the doors into the martial arts training facility of the local gym, about to keel over. In fact, he began to violently cough, eventually leading up to him coughing up crimson...

For a while, he did not answer, as he looked at the liquid now on his hand…This silence made it seem like Jack legitimately coughed up some of his own blood...

"…Awh Man!" He groaned/huffed. "That was my Fruit Punch from Lunch. :("