Active Angel

Kali spun her fork in the spaghetti in front of her and took her time to slurp them up slowly. Her head tilted, thinking something was missing. The spaghetti seemed plain to her and she reached over to the table to grab the pepper shaker and added some pepper to the noodles. Davis, meanwhile was diving through a plate of wings as if he hadn't eaten in ages. She shook her head and looked up to Jack...to find him talking with a mouth full of noodles. Kali's eyes slanted as she slurped her noodles once more, licking the sauce from her lips.

"Yo man these wings are bangin'!"Davis exclaimed, yanking another wing from in front of him. Kali smiled out the corner of her mouth and then placed the straw to her tea to her lips, sliding her golden eyes back to Jack.

"I told you it was good."she said taking another sip of her tea once more. "Though you were improving...you may want to find one more sport you find interesting other than soccer."she said, dabbing her chest with her napkin just incase anything missed her mouth while she waited for Jack to answer.

Jack watched the now saucy spaghetti, as he snatched some wings of his own. He smiled at Kali, and nodded. "Yeah, I getcha. I think I might want to go back to wrestling or boxing. Maybe my Grampa could teach me martial arts...if he's not too drunk or something...

He thought for a moment on a future in fighting: He surely wanted to get stronger. And he'd tried every other sport once, even if it wasn't with Kali. And it just seemed so different to him to try something as different as getting into a ring and using all sorts of different, cool techniques and being the best of them all.

"Kali, do you Box?...ever wrestled?...Ah, forget the second one..." Said Jack, saying the last part after getting the image of Kali in some kind of pro-wrestling diva outfit. "What can you tell me about sports like those?"

He eyed her chest, noticing suddenly a bit of sauce that fell on her, licking his lips just as he noticed, and feeling like a complete idiot, as he dug into his food some more, especially the wings.

"They require extra hard training, right?"

The sound of Davis ravishing his food was making Kali sick, quite franly. She may had been an athletic goddess, but she still had manners. She drowned out his guttering by talking over him.

"Boxing? Sometimes I do it to relieve stress or just because I feel like punching something. I don't really like punching a bag all the time. I'd much rather punch another human being."she said simply, taking another sip of her tea as if her sentence had not shattered every nerve in Davis's body. His face drained of all color and swiveled his head over to her slowly to gape at her. Kali ignored the look and closed her eyes, waving a hand around.

"So I don't really do boxing that much. Wrestling is fun. It is a lot more entertaining to wrestle other females. It seems that the males give up tquickly or always force themselves to tap out. With women, even though they don't stand a chance against me, make it a little bit more fun. There are so many different areas to grab and ways to make them suffer...gotta love it." There was a devious glint in her eyes at the thought of making girls submit to her power. Davis was somewhere away from the table choking in a wing but he was just being over dramatic, leaving her and Jack alone.

"Martial Arts is one of my favorites. It combines speed, skill, and power all in one. If you feel like you're in an action movie when you play basketball, you'll feel like a super star in martial arts."she replied. She stopped talking to look at his face which was a deep red. Kali hesitated sharply and her knee rammed onto the table. Her eye twitched at the pain but she managed to keep a straight face so Jack couldn't read her expression of shock and embarrassment.

"Martial Arts it is. Balance has always been a goal for me!" Went Jack, putting a clenched right hand into open left. "It's settled. I'll train with my Grampa. He knows Chinese Kung Fu like Wing Chun, AND Kyokushin Karate. But I feel as though I'd still need your help somehow…"

He looked down at his food, and thought about boxing and wrestling. Especially wrestling. It was just strange to hear Kali say she thought wrestling was fun, and with other girls especially, making him imagine her dominating some random girl he knew from class. He snapped out of it for a moment, and pulled out his cell phone, looking at his grandfather's number nervously, and back to Kali for a moment. Then he looked back down at the phone. He was really just watching Kali wipe off some more sauce off her chest. What? she was kind of a messy girl.

"I'm a dirty little sonova-"

"Well, I have to tell him I'm finally ready. All these years being bothered to take on the family martial arts tradition…"

Jack had agreed to ask his Grandpa with assistance in martial arts after her suggestion. She nodded in agreement and went back to her spaghetti...and that was when he caught it. His eyes were glued to a place on her body other than her face. Kali watched his averted eyes, waiting for him to realize that she knew exactly what was going on in his mind, but he only looked more. She gripped her cup in anger despite the embarrassing of knowing she captured a boy's attention. Kali practically growled and was about to tear the boy into shreds until Davis scooted back into his chair, his chair scraping loudly against the floor.

"S-sorry bout that, yall! I eat too damn fast but I can't stop so ah well."he said, shoving another wing into his mouth. Kali's attention was fully focused on Jack.
That...pervert... Kali stood up from her chair slightly pushing the table also. The glasses and plates had wobbled due to the strength but she didn't apologize.

"I've suddenly lost my appetite."she said coldly, sending Jack a glare while she threw her money that should cover her meal on the table. Kali pulled her hoodie over her head and stormed out of the door not looking back at Davis's confused face.

"....Wash wiff 'er?"he goggled with a mouth, watching Kali walk out of the door and down the street. She shoved her hands deep into her jacket, kicking a can around angrily.

Jack bit his lip, and decided not to follow. Feeling like a giant douchebag asshole, He finished his drink, and left, saying goodbye to Davis, and finding his way home. His father was off teaching another class of Karate, his mother watching TV, and currently on the verge of falling asleep, until she saw her son, and offered to make dinner, to which he replied that he went with a friend. Then he went upstairs to his grandfather's room, to find him watching TV, laying on his side, and drinking a ton of whiskey.

"Grampa…." called out Jack, almost as if it was a groan. "I'm ready."

For a moment, Jack's grampa seemed like he couldn't hear. But that would quickly change when Jack turned his back with a sigh, and the old man suddenly appeared to have teleported infront of him, and roared the familiar catchphrase:

"WASHI GA SATSUJINKEN NO SENSEI, RYUUKEN KUJIYUU DE ARUUUUU!!!! (I AM THE MASTER OF THE MURDER FIST, RYUKEN KUJIYUU!!!) "

-

The sound of his roar broke several windows in the neighborhood, as well as some street lamps, and even broke car windows, making multiple alarms go off, as well as Jack being sent through one of those windows, and crashing into another house, K.O.'d.

"….Oraaaaaaa..." Was the low whining sound, like that of a sad dog, which Jack had made upon this exclamation of his grandfather.

Kali was glad to be back in her room. The day had been a long, winding, and infuriating one. Her emotions were being tossed and turned in so many directions by someone she had only met 24 hours ago. Davis had been calling her but she merely rejected all of the calls. She didn't want to talk to him about it. She never wanted to express her feelings towards a guy like Davis anyway. He can't pay attention to anything except for food, so Kali ruled him out. Her parent's are disbelieving that she was capable of any deep emotion so she didn't go to them.

Changing clothes, Kali plopped down in her bed and sighed heavily, running a hand through her silver hair. She was planning on sleeping all night to get up at about 4 in the morning to jog; her usual routine. Kali closed her eyes until they snapped open at the sound of a car alarm and the shattering of glass. She sighed and threw a pillow over her head.

"This town..."she mumbled.

Jack was laying on the ground painfully, wiping some blood off his nose, and dusting off bruises, and grumbling whenever he saw a new cut. He slowly climbed to his feet, and walked home, preparing for the training ahead.

-

For a short time, Jack was trying out other sports, Kali showing up every now and then to help, but just out of personal obligation. Otherwise they didn't hang out, or anything. After He tried Football and perfected Basketball, he started seeing Kali less, all for his big martial arts training with his Grampa. After all, Jack was learning two entire arts at once, such was the will of his evil loving, caring grandfather, putting him through various regimes of violent training.

Training that separated him from Kali for a while.

And Boards were broken, among other things...

-

Some time later...

The most surprising thing happened: while Jack was gone, the town seemed to have underwent a huge fighting craze…Martial Arts, Boxing, Wrestling, Pro-Wrestling, you name it, suddenly gained popularity...

"You should totally join that tourney."

"Why?"

"Cuz you kick ass! And it's easy money!"

"I don't use my skills for money."

"Yeah, but you COULD. And then you can give it to...i don't know, charity or somethin', whatever it is you do with your money."

"I spend it."

"EXACTLY! And you can spend a LOT of it when you win this tournament!"

"No."

"Kali, come on! This is your forte!"

"Davis." Kali sent another punch to Davis's padded hands in the ring at the gym. He hissed and retracted his hand, waving it in pain.

"Ow! Damn! You see!"he shouted. Kali huffed and set a hand on her hips.

"Are you going to participate or not? I don't want to join that tournament. I'd rather watch."she said, preparing to punch Davis's hand again, full force this time. Davis saw the malicious gleam in her eye and stepped away.

"Fine fine..."

In almost perfect timing, Ronnie walked over, decked out in a fancy T-shirt advertising several companies, as well as his MMA shorts which did the same, followed by his half finger MMA gloves.

"You're joining up? well, you still have time to change your mind. I've seen the competition and they put both of us to shame. Well, except I'm doing pretty well in MY training. What style were you again? I'm using Muay Thai and Jujitsu, best combo ever!"

-

Jack was dressed up in a Dark blue karate gi, with a red t-shirt underneath, and wristbands. The sleeves were torn off to reveal his somewhat larger arms, showing he had wen through some crazy intense training. Few people recognised him right now though, especially with the wayfarer sunglasses he had on, and since his hair was a shorter version of how it was previously when he had been little more than a "geek."

-

"I say we have a little match right here and now." Suggested Ronnie. "If you win, you can join the tourney. If I win, you can't join!"

-

Jack sat down on a bench, a candy cigarette held by his lips, as he laid back, and relaxed. That Ronnie, always such a funny guy. Well, he wanted to get an idea of how Kali fought.

But then he had an even better idea. He climbed into the ring, and turned to Ronnie, whispering something in his ear.

"Allow Me to take her on."

Ronnie could have sworn he heard something familiar, and just chuckled.

"On second thought, I'll just make it easier and have this stranger fight for me." Said Ronnie, pushing forward Jack, who had abandoned his sunglasses for an entire mask, that partially muffled his voice, and made it sound different.

Kinniku_Ataru.png

"Kaline, The Active Angel of Rover City…" Began Disguised Jack, assuming a stance of an unknown martial arts style. "Show me what you've got!"

A gruff voice caught Kali's attention and she turned around to see a masked man and Ronnie side by side. Already things couldn't have gone well. Davis's face twisted in fear and confusion.

"Woah. that guy don't look too happy."he whispered to Kali.

"Yeah, you're telling me..."she whispered back while listening to the man's loud and obnoxious speech. The muffled voice was intimidating, that's for sure, also combined with the mask and the loud color of it as well. Ronnie smirked and that only mean that he had something planned. Kali didn't have time for it. Golden eyes shifting over to the masked man, she sighed, leaned forward, and tilted her head.

"Are you sure about this?"she asked kindly, hoping the man would reconsider so she wouldn't have to call for a EMS.

By the time Kali began to ask kindly, He already dashed forward, and somehow moved behind the girl, and instantly crushing her with a german suplex, followed by a leg lock. Ronnie whistled.

"Round 1 is over!" He laughed.

"I didn't even have to try if I had to use such basic wrestling techniques." Said the masked Jack.

(sorry for the insta-win. D:)

"Alright, Round 2!"

Masked Jack took on his strange fighting stance. In his eyes was a familiar fire, one that reeked of great willpower.

"ORAAAA!!!!"

Masked Jack proceeded to dash forward again, and threw a barrage of palm strikes to try and throw Kali off, waiting, and watching to see what would happen. The last time, he only caught her because she was off guard, but now he could see her serious strength.

Before she knew it, Kali's body was wrenched on the ground in a german suplex. Davis barely had time to dive out of the way before the masked man dashed over to Kali unknowingly. Kali's head slammed against the mat once she was thrown down. bursting a thousand lights in her head. She heard a whistle from someones mouth and she shook her head, trying to rid herself of the disoriented swirling over her brain.

"Kali! Are you okay!?" Kali knew it was only Davis asking her if she was well, but the fact that he couldn't see the boy due to the blinding lights in her eyes made her mumble his name regardless.

"D-Davis...?"she asked, in more of a what-just-happened tone than any.

"ORAAAAA!" The loud and obnoxious man was once again blaring in her ears. Kali was forced to put a hand over her right eye and cautiously open her left one. There in front of her, the masked man stood before taking off towards her. Both of her eyes snapped open to find a soaring of fists flying towards her. Kali swore under her breath and blocked most of them with her palm, only two coming in contact with her rib cage, but the force only slid her back. Kali was pissed now. This man had the nerve to come in the gym and challenge her without even introducing himself. Kali tapped her foot and zipped off towards the man, kicking him 3 times.

Masked Jack karate chopped the first two kicks, but had to take the last one nice and hard, and went for a front kick, followed up with a series of jabs, and trying to finish with a simultaneous strike of the right arm and leg, a knee and a palm strike and knee strike to each respective limb, the knee aiming for the stomach, and the palm going for the bicep, and right onto her muscle. Although if Kali moved ever so slightly, that palm would land on her breast, and let out a little squeeze, missing its target. And the knee would slide just under the groin...

"You hit hard! I like that…" Complimented Masked Jack.

A pain hit her breast but instead of cringing, it only made Kali mad. She took off her shirt to reveal her light purple sports bra that complimented her white, under armor like pants. Kali shook her hands and glared at the man.

"If you wanted to join the tournament, be my guest. Ronnie, what the hell did you tell this guy?"she said. Ronnie shrugged but she didn't bother wasting her breathing cursing him out. She needed all of her breath and energy for the green masked man. It was peculiar how he could read her movements, so she just need to get a little more unorthodox. Kali flipped on both hands, doing a handstand before she spread her legs out like a scissor, attempting to kick him. she let one hand go off the ground and used the other to vault both feet towards the guy. Davis let out a shrill whistle.

"SHO 'EM, KALI!"

"I didn't tell him to do anything! I think he's just having fun with this!" Shouted Ronnie from the sidelines, as the masked man was struck in the chest, but immediately grabbing Kali's ankles, and bouncing off the ring ropes, and aiming straight for the ground where he'd crash Kali, and perform a new attack, to demonstrate his grappling with a strange move, sitting on the girl's lower back, taking her wrists, and holding them over her ankles, after pulling her legs up of course, expression unchanging.

-

Napalm Stretch

-

(Here's what it looks like, just subtract all the flying in the air and other superhuman stuff)

1:13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvKHDUSMBzc&feature=related

At that point, Kali was pretty much done for. She had nothing to use against the guy to release him from his grasp. Kali hissed in pain at the unusual hold he had on her, but it was good hold. She could not use any of the limbs she had. Her arms and legs were both retracted so she pretty much had to give into submission...until she thought of something. Kali looked down at the mat with golden eyes and blinked once. It was a hell of a long shot but Kali was all about taking wrists. Kali, grit her teeth, and used all of her strength to rock her body. It was a tough feat but she had just enough strength to use her upper body strength and roll her over, leaving room enough for one of her legs to free.

Kali knew it was a cheap shot, but this guy was seriously getting on her nerves. She didnt ask for this fight or pain and didnt even know who he was! Kali only knew one thing: this guy was in for it. With her free leg, Kali sent a hard kick to the side of the man's jaw. He momentarily loosened his grasp and that was enough for Kali to squirm free from the hold, sliding on the mat and glaring at him. Davis and Ronnie stood up with shocked expression and Kali rolled her arm to get the strained feeling out of it.

"Please do me a favor and stay down."she said.

"Okay, I give…But do me a favor, and unmask me. It's an unkind gesture, but in the world of wrestling, especially lucha libre, unmasking the opponent is considered a shame to the wearer, but a brutal form of victory for the winner. I'd say you deserve it…"

-

Once Kali removed the mask, which was likely to happen, It turned out to be Jack himself, with a smaller version of his old hair style, just recently cut, as he slipped out of Kali's grasp, and tossed off his disguise to show his new blue gi and red shirt, as well as his newfound improved physique, as he dusted his hands off, and laughed playfully, walking over to Kali, and whistling.

"Jeez! I thought you changed already. I guess you just couldn't get any better?" Stated Jack, now free of the thick mask that guarded his face, feeling his jaw. "You tore right through into my jaw like that padded mask didn't even exist! Nice!"

Jack droned off, continuing to talk about the battle and such, while Ronnie just stared in disbelief, unable to comprehend the old, geeky Jack, was now a war machine. Jack just fired a couple 'pistols' now. But Ronnie imagined Jack going full force in the tournament, like a machine gun…

"So, what have you been doing besides training, Kaline? :D"

Ah, lucha libre. An entertaining sport, for sure, although they partook in Martial Arts instead. However, the masked man insisted that his mask would be removed. Preferably, an arm would've sufficed, but Kali agreed nonetheless; love of the sport, she guessed. However, when she yanked the mask free from the man's face, her face twisted in confusion and anger and she wanted to revert back to the arm removal thoughts she had at first.

"Holy shit! Jack!? What the hell man!" Davis said and scrambled into the cage. Kali said much of nothing, only looking down to the mask in her hand and the boy in front of her. There was a difference about him that she could not capatalize at the current moment but it would soon come in time. Meanwhile, in her head, she was pondering over ways to get her revenge on that sneaky snake. Half of her thought it was Ronnie's idea, so she graced him with her glare. Ronnie hesitated in his seat and Kali could practically see the sweat forming on his brow.

"W-what?"she stuttered. Kaline ignored Jack's question and walked up to Ronnie and leaned in front of him, waving the mask.

"Care to explain?"

"That's not mine! I swear!"

"I know that, idiot. Did you have anything to do with this? My legs and arms are pretty pained and I will get some form of retribution from someone in here."she snapped, making sure her voice carried through the gym.

Jack gave off a hearty laugh. "He has nothing to do with this, really. I just wore a mask because I wanted to see you at your full fighting power. I admit, It was extreme to wear a mask, and just come in with moves like that Napalm Stretch of mine, but I thought if you knew it was me, you'd go easy, like you used to with all the other sports when I was a weakling…wouldn't have it been nice if we could be equal for once?"

Ronnie thought about what Kali said, and grinned. "Pained?" the word echoed through his head.and then, he nodded. "Okay Kali. Since you beat him, I'll give it a shot. Don't forget: you lose, don't you dare enter the tournament!"