Active Angel

When Kali heard the patter of footsteps she looked behind her and saw Jack running back towards her. Her eyes widen for a moment as Jack started complaining about the game. She hardly heard anything he said for her mind was too busy racing. Men walked/ran from her often, but this was the first to actually come back to her...intentionally.

"Kal....Kali...Kal....KALINE!"

Kali's head snapped up to Davis and her cheeks were a deep red that she wasn't paying any attention to the conversation whatsoever. She looked between Davis and Jack.

"I'm sorry...what were you two saying?" Davis gave her a puzzled look before slamming a hand against her back and shoving her towards Jack. Normally, she wouldn't have budged, but her head was somewhere else at the time, and her body was pushed against Jack unexpectedly.

"Help the kid out in soccer!" Davis laughed. Kali scrambled off of the boy and straightened her hair out.

"S-sorry..."

Jack was turning a bit read because Jack was now touching Kali, body to body, her breasts not far from his face, and his own body freezing. Well, that is until she got free, ending the awkward moment of ultimate awkwardness, as he gulped, and tried to find the guts to speak again, still trying to shake off the feeling he got when they were together. He didn't want to admit the truth, but he felt strangely good...

"I-It's okay, but...I hate to have to ask you for more help…but..." Sighed Jack. "I mean, you already saved me in Basketball, but I really need to understand these things better. And you seem like a living legend around here. A couple guys and girls asked me why you backed me up on the court..."

He rolled around the words in his mouth a moment, slipping his hands into his pockets, as the tint of red turned to a lighter pink, starting to fade slowly. The newcomer looked down a moment at his feet, before looking back up at Kali.

"Would…you be willing to help me? I could pay you or something. I totally have a job and uh..."

"Yes."she blurted out before Jack could finish with her sentence. For a caramel colored girl, her face was surprisingly red. Davis did a double take when he saw the look on Kali's face and his jaw suddenly dropped.

"Oh my god, Kali, you LIK--"

"Come on, Jack!"she interjected quickly, linking her arm in the boy's arm and running him off back to the field. If they had stayed any longer, Davis would've said something stupid and not true. Kali took deep breathes and felt as if she were pulling him more than leading him to the field. Unlinking her arm, she slowed down to a brisk walk instead of a run and looked ahead of her, noticing the other players were starting to leave the field.

"Good. That gives us a little one on one."she noted, unzipping her jacket.

Jack blinked, surprised. Most people would have taken a moment to think it over, before being dragged off to the field, and watching everyone else leave. He began to feel a couple beads of sweat come on from watching Kali take off her jacket to show off that sports bra again.

"Sooooo...." He began. "Uhhhh...Yeeeaaaah...I, think I need to...learn how to properly kick this thing. yeah."

And they would get into a montage complete with music, minus too much detail of the scenes where Jack failed to kick the ball, and usually just landed flat on his face/ass, or the times Kali would actually hit him.

Jack was running left and right, kicking as hard as he could. But he never had the proper technique...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj4fh45fBZo

The boy was hopeless. Kali spent more time watching him than teaching him, just to find out where his mind was at. It clearly wasn't in the game. Jack spent half of the time picking himself off the ground that actually kicking the ball. When he made an attempt to kick it, he either missed or actually made it, with the price of falling straight on his ass. Kali bobbed up and down on the balls of her feet to check if the gravity was still there. It was there, alright; Jack just couldn't grip on it.

Kali stopped running and put her hands on her hips, tilting her head while she watched Jack let out a loud roar, running to the immobile ball on the floor before missing and tripping over his own feet. It was almost like a scene from a Charlie Brown cartoon. She sighed heavily for the umpteenth time and walked calmly over to the soccer ball that was intimidating the boy. Picking it up in once hand, Kali stood over Jack, laying a foot down on his chest.

"See this? It's a soccer ball. The goal is to kick this ball into the goal over there."she said, pointing to the goal behind her that had no goalie. "But first, you have to kick it." Kali let the ball fall out of her hand and at the same time, she squatted on her legs and snatched Jack's ankle, holding his foot and looking dead into his eyes with her golden ones.

"And this? It's a foot. You need to make this (shaking his foot), hit that (nodding towards the ball). Got it?"

After the trial and error failed horribly, Jack nodded in defeat. This time, he thought about the way he kicked it. Whenever he kicked it, it rolled at a medium pace, but not as fast as he wanted. He kept kicking it the same way he did the first time after he gave it more thought, but making small changes every now and then. Eventually his kick, now that he did it a bit better, actually went into the air a little. Not like far into the air, or high enough to hit the ceiling, but it was like someone was diving.

"Is this any better?" He asked, running back and forth, still trying to find the proper way of doing it.

He set the ball down in one spot, looked over, back, and ran back to do another kick. It rolled along the ground a little quicker, but majorly easy to intercept. Jack grumbled. He turned away from the ball, and practiced his kicking motion.

"So, why did you come back to help me? I must be wasting your time..."

As unbelievable as it seemed, Jack was improving. The kicks were actually turning into...well...kicks. The ball started to slowly make its way down the sides of the field, sometimes lifting off of the ground.

"Remember, it's better if it remains on the ground until its time to shoot for the score."she called out, a hand still on her hip. A smile crept to her lips as she watched Jack practicing his kicking motions.

"You're hopeless and you want to succeed. Why not help you? I have the skills and intelligence you need to become successful so I'd be heartless if I refused to help you."she said, running a hand through her silver hair. She walked over to the ball and began kicking it on both knees, a work out she always enjoyed doing.

"Besides, soccer is one complicated sport. You need the help. But with a little practice, you could be something great."she said before kneeing the ball into the air once more, spinning around one foot and practically roundhouse kicking the ball into the goal. She turned back to face him and winked playfully.

Jack kept her words in mind. Better to keep on the ground, and fly when it was time to make the big shot. He'd keep that in mind. When he stopped to take a break, Kaline took the ball, and started playing with it. She explained he was hopeless (who hasn't said that?) and that she had what he needed to become better, and if she hadn't, she'd have been a huge asshole, and told him he needed the help.

She kicked the ball into the goal with an amazing roundhouse kick, whistling. When she winked at him, he felt all cold and nervous again. He was a bit off-put by her amazonian looks, but by god, she was still a young, attractive woman, if he looked at it differently.

"Uh...I'm still not sure what sport I really want to get into. Would you still help me then with all the other sports I'd like to try, or would I give you the world's worst migraine just trying to get the first step?"

Kali smiled and jogged over to the ball that was rolling out of the goal and then back to Jack, tossing the ball up and down.

"No problem."she said simply. Kali looked into the sky noticing that the sky was darkening ever so slightly. It was getting dark and Kali had to walk home. Not that she was afraid of walking home; no one in their right mind would try to make advances on her. She looked foreboding even in a dark alley. She heaved a heavy sigh and tucked the ball under her arm.

"It's getting late and I gotta walk home. How good of a memory do you have?"she asked, looking at him. Seconds passed before Kaline shook her head, walking back towards the entrance of the gym. "Never mind. Follow me, I'll write it down myself." The two of them walked into the gym in silence. Kali tossed the ball into the bin with the other balls before she walked to the main counter. She leaned over the desk and pulled a post-it note and a pen, scribbling down her 7 digit cell number. She handed it to him and put her hood over her head.

"Next time you need the help."she said and turned on her heel to walk out into the night.

Jack followed the girl. He too would have to take a break for now and head home. He looked into the sky, and the shine of the moon made Kali look rather nice. He watched her make a perfect shot of the soccer ball touching the bin, Jack watching her go to the main counter, and scribble something down, before getting her phone number. He felt like he was blushing inside, looking donw at the number a moment, before looking back up to see the hood raise, and she left.

"Uh...Later!..." He waved. "I'll seeya later..."

Jack himself headed back home. He didn't usually travel at night at all, but he was prepared just incase, setting up a special route. He had some stops memorized and everything if he saw anybody who looked like they'd be trouble...

-

The next day, Jack was actually in a pair of "Hot Rod" shorts. They were dark blue, with the flames at the bottom where it stopped just past his knees a little, as he kept looking at his T-shirt, not wanting to take it off, and dragging his sandal wearing feet across the ground. It was another hot day in town, and his parents encouraged him to head down to the pool, get soaked, and just enjoy himself. He took his backpack, where he additionally had his shoes, a spare outfit, a plastic bag to put wet clothing into, and such. Additionally, his mother had packed him a water gun, and some body spray, the latter more so because she saw the phone number he'd gotten, and thought it would have been a good move.

He'd come in just during the adult swim. It made him feel like a kid, sitting back and waiting. But this contributed to Jack's desire not to go into the water. He looked around at a couple other areas here in the 'waterworks.' there were some slides, a kiddie pool, a couple extra things. Running a hand through his hair, he put the bag down, and pinched the bridge of his nose as he removed his shirt to reveal a not so impressive body. Sure, he had some meat, but he didn't have 'guns' or a 'six pack.' Not yet at least. He then kicked off his sandals, and walked over to the edge of the pool to watch.

Just a couple moments before the whistle would be blown, Jack stood up, and stretched a little, letting out a yawn in the process, leaving himself totally open to be pushed into the water...

"You need to take advanced techniques: backstroke, breaststroke, butterflies, even dog paddle if you have to. You know the difference with water pressure and natural air so make sure you keep on your legs and arms at all times. You should feel a strain in your calf muscles if you strictly swim underwater. When you do go under, make sure you--"

"Got dammit, Kali, we're just going swimming! Would you relax for once?!" Davis retorted as he took off his white tang top to reveal his freckled chest. He looked even taller (if possible) than before in his long green swimming trunks. When Kali first knocked on his door to come retrieve him, she almost thought he was an over grown leprechaun. Davis saw her trying to stifle a laugh and shoved her on the arm.

"Shut up, Kali."he had said even before she had opened her mouth to say something. The two of them had made it to the pool. Kali had to shield her eyes behind a hand. The sun pelted down on all of the people and Kali actually smiled sincerely. Davis is right. I need to take a break for a moment.

"Come on, girl!" Davis called out before diving into the 12ft end of the pool. Kali shook a head and began taking off her white tee and shorts, revealing a cyan blue bikini with brown flowers at the side. Once removing her shirt, she tugged at the hair tie in her pony tail and let her hair down, shaking her head gently.

Kali set her stuff to the side and then ran towards the other end of the pool where Davis was. During her run, a shrill whistle rang through the pool area. Kali was so taken off guard that she was running! Running was like an natural instinct to her and when she heard the whistle blown in her direction, she lost her footing and toppled into a boy who sat at the end of the pool, tossing them both in the water. Kali opened her eyes underwater, sinking backwards and looking up to her surprise to see Jack.

A sudden large amount of force came craashing into Jack as he landed in the cold water, flailing his arms in the water before slowing down a bit, and opening his own eyes to see Kali, confused, and surprised, as he began to swim upwards to catch a breath, before swimming back down and looking again. Yep. It was Kali, alright. This girl, who helped him in Basketball, and helped him with Soccer, had just now crashed into him. And she was wearing a fine bikini, with her hair all out. He gestured to go on up right away, and dragged the girl by her wrist, swimming up with all his might, lifting the girl up thanks to the fact he was really not liking how she just forced him into the pool.

"What the hell?!" Barked Jack. "Why did you push me into the pool?!"

He began to blush slightly from Kaline's new look, and the fact that he felt her skin against his for a bit before they jumped in.

"Well?!" Went Jack, still flustered. "Did you just see me here and think it'd be funny?!"

"What?! Why would I do something like that! I'm not a devious bitch, Jack!"she snapped, wading in the water with her silver hair now plastered down and wet. She kicked her legs slowly to keep her balance in the 12 feet and glared at him some more.

"As you may know, I accidentally tripped and you just so happen to be there! So don't yell at me that we fe--" Kali stopped speaking all of a sudden, looking at the boy in front of her. She was surprised at how he looked which was completely different from yesterday. Kali's lips were pressed in a fine line of irritation but her cheeks were starting to darken also. Kali darted her eyes away from him, swearing inside her head. Dammit...what is wrong with me? She kicked more, keeping herself up float as she dove into her thoughts. Am I just feeling strange because he's so inferior that its intriguing? Yes, that must be it. Kali nodded to herself and swiveled her head back to Jack's.

"You should also be aware of your surroundings."she snapped before ceasing the movement in her legs, slipping back underwater so she would block out the next words he said. Davis bounced out of the pool, orange fro turning into a curly wet hat on his head.

"Yo, Jack! What happened, man?"

"Kali happened."

Jack started swimming away from the twelve feet, grumbling. He now understood it was all an accident, and was swimming over to apologize. It was kind of funny when she said she wasn't a 'Devious Bitch.' Her tone just made it seem that way, as he tried to get closer to the girl. She had something about her that made him look up to her, a teacher/student thing starting up. But at the same time, he felt a need to find a good friend in Kali. Well, he wasn't sure about the last part...But he mentally admitted to himself, he did like this girl...

"Kaline, look, I'm SORRY. Okay? I just feel a little jumped is all. How about I uh...I dunno, I could buy you lunch later. Would that make it better? Or do I have to take you paintballing with me-"

Jack just stopped there. It was true, once he was done at the pool, he'd planned to also go and play a little paintball. And as luck would have it, all the money he'd saved up was plenty for a couple friends.

"Uh, so yeah!" Jack exclaimed. "Whatever you and Davis want for lunch. I'm buying. Just as long as we can get past this misunderstanding..."

Kali had almost took an intake of pool water when Jack offered to buy her lunch. Her mouth was open to curse him out for snapping at her, but when he offered lunch, she gasped and nearly swallowed water. She couldn't keep her eyes off of his face even though her mind willed for her to look away. In her head, the walls of her mind were crashing against one another in thoughts, doubts, and hope. He's got to be insane. Or partially blind. Maybe he has a mental illness. There is no way that he is...is serious, is he? Kali kicked her feet slightly and rand a hand through her white hair and wiped her eyes to get a better look at him.

"...lunch?"

"You heard him." Davis cooed to the side. Kali's head snapped to him and she sent a fiery glare towards him, any excuse to look away from Jack.

"Not now, Davis."

"What? Come on, Kali! It's free food!" Kali sighed and stepped on the steps underwater that led out of the pool. Water dripped off her body and onto the hot concrete beneath her feet. She enjoyed the heat as she shook her hair and the strings of water flew free from it.

"Leave it to you to think of food all the time."she grumbled. Davis cackled loudly and threw his arm around her shoulders.

"Yeah, and paintball!"he replied. Kali blinked twice, wrapping her towel around her waist. She had forgotten about that part. She was so engrossed with...she shook her head from the thought and turned back to Jack with a smirk.

"Sounds fun."

Jack was mentally yelling at himself for mentioning the paintball. "Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!" He chanted in his head, as he faked a smile, and climbing out of the water too, wiping himself off. It was strange, the way Kali would look at him. It just came really strangely to him.

"Okay. Where do you want to eat?" He asked. "know any good places? All I can think of is this pub my dad took me to once. I think it was called 'The Kanuck.' It's specialty dish is poutine, cheese curds and gravy on top of fries…"

Jack began to drool a little, before snapping out of his trance, and casting a weak smile.

"But, there are other places too…I mean, I wouldn't mind nachos. Or how about some chinese? Pizza? Pizza'd go great with some wings…"

While he spoke, he stared at her upper body, still all wet, dripping with water. He shook his head, and tried not to think too much of it. Maybe those stupid horomones were acting up, what with all the physical activity, and usually seeing Kali in a bra, moving her body- "DAMNIT"

"Yes, a that bar sounds--"

"But, there are other places too…I mean, I wouldn't mind nachos."

"Nachos is good to--"

"Or how about some chinese?"

"I have been wanting Chinese food latel--"

Pizza? Pizza'd go great with some wings…"

"ALRIGHT! How about the pasta place in town, Bancceli's? It has spaghetti, pizza, salad, and even a wing area. Sound good?" She suggested slipping her shorts back on and folding her towel up to tuck it under her. Davis snatched it from her arm and used it to dry his hair off. Kali growled at him and bucked at him. Davis flinched and let out a nervous laugh.

"S-Sorry..."he apologized. Kali shook her head and went to put on her shirt when she saw Jack staring at her. She looked at him waiting for him to say something but he didn't. Her face held a puzzled expression as she stopped mid way of putting her shirt on.

"Uh...Jack?"

Jack began to gesture with his hands that she had to hit him. Hard. He couldn't see or notice the gestures he was making, so he would not actually see this coming. It was like some unconscious force needed him to be struck on that cheek of his.

-

*What Jack will do after*

After Jack was hit, he shook his head up a little bit, and looked back up.

"Sorry. I wasn't staring at you, I was just uh, thinking of my Grampa. He used to be a big name in Martial Arts and Pro Wrestling back in Japan. Oh, speaking of which, my Mother's side of the family has some asian blood. Funny thing…Anyways, Bancceli's sounds perfect, and we should totally forget about what how I just zoned out. :D"

And he climbed to his feet, and hopped away to a corner to change, hiding his face in secret shame...

Jack started flailing his hands back and forth, motioning to his face. She and Davis exchanged confused glances and then looked back at Jack. He looked completely out of it. Davis found it funny and Kali found it annoying. He's probably staring at how manly I...rrr, I'll show him! Kali shook both of her hands at her side and then flexed her right hand before she sent an open palmed slap to his face. Davis's jaw dropped and even some of the people at the pool heard the stinging slap.

"KALI WHAT THE HELL!?" Davis shouted, pulling the arm she used to smack him with. Kali neither acknowledged him nor the other people. She just glared at Jack instead. He took the slap surprisingly well and just shook it off, muttering an apology and an explanation. Kali looked at him, dumbfounded. She felt all sorts of stupid.
I smacked him for no reason!

"Umm..yeah, we should go."she muttered, holding her head down in shame. Jack did the same as he changed in a corner. Davis looked between the two of them and scratched his head.

"What the hell is goin' on with those two?"he said to himself. Minutes passed before the three of them began walking down the street to Banccelli's. It was only a few blocks from the pool. Kali walked in the middle of both Jack and Davis, still looking down at the ground.

Jack was looking to the side, feeling awfully ashamed as well. When they got to Bancelli's, Jack immediately paid for all the food first thing, before the three took a seat, and began the meal, Jack eating more food than it appeared he could eat. But, he was somehow eating it all, fairly well, at a good pace, sipping his fruit punch, the largest thing at the table, every now and then to wash down the food.

"Sho" Said Jack, nomming on some noodles while he spoke. "How bout deesh noodlesh? Eesh vereh good! Whashoo order?"

And then after a little more chewing, Jack swallowed. "Sorry about talking with my mouth full. This stuff is really amazing!"