Active Angel: The Physical Princess

• Thread starter Six Million Dollar Man
  • Start date
"No. You just had results. I want to take on the level of training you were on. It may sound extreme to start off with, but I'm willing to take a risk to build myself up sooner…"

The drive thankfully had been short, a mere twelve minutes of music turned up high enough that no one could say a word or two to start chatting, though the wind felt great that day with the killer heat beating down on the metal box they rode in that baked them like a kid with a magnifying glass and an innocent ant-hill. at the restaurant, he had sat down to take up his own menu, already picking out a drink, a vanilla-chocolate mixed milkshake, followed by his looking over the list of pastas and such, taking a bit longer to decide for sure...

"I mean, I want to train intensely. And you…you looked like you did tons of that sort of thing." He continued, a waiter arriving to take their menus, Nash telling him his choice of drink and that he needed another minute or so, as the man turned to begin talking to Castin about what she'd like to have. What would Castin say for him requesting such demanding training? Would she go the obvious route and call him nuts for wanting to go through difficult levels of exercise so immediately, rather than waiting and building himself up slowly? Maybe she'd actually be impressed that someone wanted to go that extra mile and get right to it. Or she would just give some impossible physical task on to him and see if he'd break or not, outwardly indifferent about it all?...

"Couple friends said I was trying to kill my body, but I just want something that'll really push me to break my limits…"

"Your friends are stupid."

"What will you have?"

"Root beer, no ice."

"Right away, mam."

"Yeah, they're retarded,"she continued, flipping her menu over to look over different types of specialty pizzas they had to offer. She wasn't in the mood for Hawaiian, which is what she would usually get. Pineapples didn't do her body to much good on a hot day as that one. She looked over to Nash and made a disgusted face at both him and the milkshake. Everyone with a brain knew that dairy and heat are two things that should not be mixed whatsoever. She opened her mouth to say something about it, but decided that he knew what he was doing. If he wanted to slowly kill himself from the inside, it was fine by her.

"Actually, both of you guys are stupid. You don't need to push yourself to do anything. You can do push ups for the rest of your life and still be in shape. It doesn't matter what work out you do to get toned, just that you do it without slacking. You shouldn't lift weights one day and then 30 minutes later, run about 2 miles on the tread. That's trying to kill yourself, which I hope you're not doing..." Castin wen on some more about the work out things, skimming over a few obvious do's and don'ts before the waiter came back with his pad in hand. She looked up to him and blinked, lips pressed together in a small line.

"Can I have spinach?"

"You certainly can. And you sir?"he asked, scribbling through his words before peering over to
Nash.

"a little bit of spinach for me too." He replied to the waiter, as he listened very closely to everything she had to say "I need a minute or two."

By that time, he didn't really feel in the mood for a milkshake anymore, quickly asking for some other drink. Someone came over and asked if Nash was going to finish the milkshake, taking it off his hands as the boy desiring the training listened on, thirsty now that he'd ordered some fruit juice with ice instead. He simply nodded his head no at the notion of wanting to do any of the extreme torture he thought would once help him, now absolutely ready for just about anything else. At this point he should have realized he'd be better off with a regular coach if he'd just asked his parents for the money and permission to get healthier.

"Oh…kay. Right…" He eventually responded, feeling less wise and all the dumber, as he was. "I feel a bit smarter now. At this point I guess asking you of all people to help me now doesn't seem worth as much as it was before. I'll keep all that in mind when I start building myself up…and now that you told me, I guess I'm better off with some regular old coach for a few bucks."

-

Eventually Nash had ordered his entire meal and ate it silently. He'd say a thing or two about maybe some movie he'd seen or something happening in town, or compliment the food once or twice.

"…Whoa. That reminds me…" Went Nash, suddenly gaining a thought "Isn't there a former Olympic Champion or something in this very town? He excelled at more than one thing and made silver or something."

Castin felt the depression radiating off Nash as she sipped at her root beer. It had felt so good to finally have a drink of something carbonated and packed to the brim with bubbles. Water and juice had been all she had known for a long while during her work out process, but she had her cheat days. Castin ate whatever she wanted on certain days, and, a day later, she would work it all off as if she had never eaten anything greasy in the first place. Her body showed. She grabbed the straw with her tongue again, looking down at half the pizza she had left. Nash was eating just as slowly as she was, but he was getting done far quicker than her. His next statement made her head tilt.

"I would never charge someone to stop being an idiot. Working out is not a hard thing to do. You don't need to keep logs and all that mess. You asked me for a reason, and here I am telling you I'll help. What more do you want?"she asked. Nash said nothing else for the rest of the meal and Castin wasn't going to humor him. She listened to bits and pieces of what he said, nodding when she needed to and even managing a chuckle or two. The pizza was as good as she remembered it being. The cheese was hot and stringy, but still a great meal none the less. Castin remembered lapping at her pizza like an idiot, trying to catch the cheese from handing off her lip. It was one of the few things she laughed about.

When they were about done, she stuck a ten next to her plate and drunk the last sips of her soda, tucking her hair behind her ear when she listened to Nash.

"Really? Didn't know that. Well, sorry to waste your time."she snapped, standing up while her table made a loud screeching noise across the floor. It was nice to know she was sent there for absolutely no reason at all. She didn't even chance him a passing glance before she grabbed her bag, hoisted it on her shoulder, and walked out of the restaurant, keys in hand.

"Wait! I just heard rumors, that's all!" He exclaimed, shoving some money into the waiter's hand as he hurried out after the girl "I'm just saying there was a dude like that, you are a good choice for a coach!"

Nash speed-walked over to catch up with her before she could leave, biting his lip slightly as he thought back to their meal together and all the things she said. It would have been a waste if he just let her walk off like she was about to right now because of him and his stupid mouth. He really had to watch what he said from now on. This was his new friend and coach, and he didn't want her to dislike him. Right now, a sudden desire to seal the deal and have the girl's assistance for sure overwhelming him, his eyes trained on her as if he was trying to melt her with some kind of heat vision.

"C'mon, Castin…"

He watched her movements as she prepared to drive off away from there. He didn't really understand why, but he simply enjoyed her presence. Her wisdom and everything he'd learned now thanks to her. He wanted more of it, maybe eventually understand why he had to do this.

"Come on, what? What more do you expect me to do at an Italian Restaurant? I'm going home where things make sense and where my doors won't ask me for something and just go onto another person in a blink of an eye."

She shouldn't have gotten so riled up about what he said, but that was the only way she knew how to take it. What was the point of being interested in her teaching him when he just figured he'd go to someone else. Was he ranking her to see how she reacted to being taken an interest of, just to be denied seconds later. Oh, if she found out that it was all some elaborate prank against the 'strong girl' of the rec center...Castin finally turned around to face Nash, throwing her hands on the curve of her wide hips, sending him an unnamed glare.

"You learned one thing about me today, at least. I don't like being played with. I don't take well to having my thoughts and feeli--emotions, toyed with. I am a busy lady that does busy things. It' snot enough that I gave time out of my off days to eat with you, but you go and set me up for no reason? You're a down right asshole, Nash. I hope whoever trains you beat's your nose in."she snapped.

Feeling accomplished with having said that much, she slipped her body in her car, throwing her bag on the passenger seat and closing the door. The keys were in hand, but she couldn't put them in the ignition to save her life. Her fingers decided that they didn't want to move. They were trembling in annoyance and for the moment, they stayed in her lap while she stared angrily at the steering wheel.

And this was the part where Nash decided it was all but hopeless. He didn't know what he was talking about now, and he was merely throwing salt on a wound, a first aid kit well out of reach as he poured more and more into the flesh and worsened the condition, at least that's how he saw it now. He continued to keep his mouth shut for the remainder of the moment as he watched Castin leave, eventually running his hands through his face, and through his hair, as he began walking away from the area to go someplace else.

-

the next day Nash found himself at the gym again. He was going to spend at least an hour or two of dedicated exercise, lifting a couple of weights like yesterday for twenty minutes. He took a break for about ten minutes exactly, and moved on to use the treadmill for another ten before playing some sports with some random people over in the basketball court, or the outdoor soccer field. Whatever he did, he just wanted to try and enjoy himself while he worked out. At times he even closed his eyes and imagined himself progressing faster than he really was. Otherwise when his eyes were in fact open, he'd scan his own body, or the tools he was currently using.

"…"

The ride home was much better than the lunch she took with Nash. When she got home, she realized that she was more upset than usual. It wasn't normal for Castin to let that emotion fly out like that. She had practiced restraint so many times, telling herself to focus and channel her emotions. Getting angry was never the way to solve things, especially when it came to working out or people of the opposite sex. Both were a pain in the ass to deal with and both were something girls typically got frustrated over. Lack of strength, lack of style, it was all the same thing. Castin had a mantra that she repeated every other morning in the dim light of her room. She wanted to find her center, to steady herself and walk through life in a straight, unprecedented way. She wanted to focus on the importance and leave emotions to where emotions should be. She wanted stability, to be sturdy to stand her ground when drama decided to fly her way.

Yet, when she slammed her door to her room wide open, nearly cracking the plaster in the wall behind her, Casting barely thought a mantra would help her now.

Nash had made a complete fool out of her whether he knew it or not. He basically took her help that she offered to give and threw it in the trash like it was nothing more than the former. Other than the fact that she didn't know him from a hole in the ground, Castin should not have taken what he said to heart. Even when she sped away in her car, she caught a glimpse of him looking at her. He certainly didn't seem accomplished. Still, with the damage already done, Castin hoped that the next time she saw him, he would have a face mask on.

Turns out, the next day in the gym, the latter did not come. It was just him and his body next to machines of strenuous torture that she knew so well. The pink sports bra squeezed her chest together tightly but it was still comfortable and secure. She wore male's basket ball shorts, a line at the side was white while the rest was a deep navy blue. It was an awkward combination, but then again, everyone who had seen Castin at the gym expected her to be in dark colors. She hadn't touch a piece of equipment, just walking though the main room to spot Nash catching a break it seemed. He was doused and sweat, the usual smell of hard work at play. Her hair was light and silky at the sides of her face, not pulled back into her usual ponytail yet. Her gaze shifted to his and, when it did, she quickly looked away, hoping he did not notice that they were in the same building.

As if it would matter, anyway. He most likely had his trainer by now.

Nash reached into a black sling backpack, taking out a towel and actually wiping himself off a bit, and moving outside to begin playing. A slight glance revealed Castin's presence to him, but he decided to keep going with his exercise for the day, as he moved towards the basketball court. He'd offered to help some other kids go up against some bad dudes who needed a reality check, the group thinking they were all kings or something. He greeted his team, and checked the numbers. Three on three, good. Everyone just about seemed equally matched for each other, and the game could go smoothly, either team capable of having a shot at victory.

Nash was passing the ball around mostly, leaving most of the shooting to this one kid, O'Malley, who had the best arm of the three of them, as they proceeded to play the game, points being scored for each side alike when some guy that Nash didn't recognize came out of the blue, shoving him and some other guy as he took the ball and began playing, the young man and his friends objecting to the unfair addition to the other team after discovering that it was a fellow named David who had been friend with the opposing team's leader, Jeremiah. Everyone seemed to be in the middle of a heated argument, people starting to get aggressive as a fight nearly brewed, people gathering around to see what would happen.

"This punk doesn't even play by the rules!"

"Yeah! have him sit out!"

"Shut up and screw that: We've got an extra player and that's that."

Men. Typical, stupid, testosterone-filled men.

Castin didn't even make it to the StepMaster before the loud snaps from basketball court grabbed her attention. Nash was among the group, she noticed, not attempting to break up the fight at all. She heard bits and snip-its of what the argument was about. Apparently, one team was down a player so the "No fair!" notion got everyone riled up. She dropped her bag at the side of the StepMaster, messing with the ponytail above her head. Different passerby's around the gym gathered around to see what all of the commotion was about. Don't even bother with it, Cas, she told herself, turning back to the machine as she started to put her settings in.

The loud guy was getting louder and more obnoxious. He was really trying to make the teams uneven just to win. Typical men. Castin found herself disobeying her own rules by grabbing the strings of her bag, hefting it up so that it was slung around her shoulders. Her hips twisted when she walked, and they were fairly big hips. The sports tank she had on did well to compress her chest, but playing a game of basketball had it's disadvantages: Men with their hands flying everywhere.

"Shut your whining up. I'm in."she said, tossing a glare to the guy, waiting to see if he would challenge her with a glare of his own. Probably not. Not many people did.