Accomplishments

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kitti

What is something that you have done that you are most proud of?

Not many people know this, but I have a Bachelor's Degree in psychology. I graduated with a 3.7 GPA, and that was with four kids and a husband. I wanted to go for my Master's, but a bunch of crap happened and that slipped to the back burner. ; ;

I have a fully completed Pokedex in both Pokemon Blue and Pokemon X.

And I got very very close in Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire, before all the save data reset out of nowhere. (Pretty sure the only things I had left to catch were either Latios/Latias and some of the Johto starters, all of which have a <1% encounter rate and it's basically pure luck to run into them, so, if you want to catch them, you just have to play a ton and hope you get lucky...)

Edit: Turns out that you don't need the Johto starters for your pokedex to count as completed. Moreover, it seems Serebii was incorrect in stating that the Johto starters are normally catchable in the game at all... With this information in mind, my current file is only missing 5 Pokemon (one of which, unfortunately, is Latias, which'll be a pain to catch), but all the rest are totally doable... and I'm really determined to finish it now. owo

Last edited:
FullSizeRender%201_1.jpg

FullSizeRender_15.jpg

Oh hey. Apparently I 100% completed the GBA remake of Super Mario 2, including the "Yoshi Challenge" bonus game, which I definitely recall being so much harder than the normal game.

So yeah, that's definitely a thing I'm happy with.

Well, let's see. I guess I could give my proudest accomplishments. Like, real ones: Stuff that folks probably don't know 'bout me. :ferret:

#1: I'm not dead. I don't know how. I've danced with death a couple of times, and yet, here I am. Still alive. Blacked out, lost control, broken bones, suffered hypothermia, drank until I was vomiting my guts out, beaten to within an inch of my life, yet here I am. Still alive. Still here.

#2: Was pulled out of first grade by my mother after bullying and abuse became so severe that I attempted suicide via trying to leap out of a vehicle going 100 KMPH into oncoming traffic. (The only reason I'm still here is because child safety locks were a thing fyi. Childhood me was thankfully not that bright.) After about two years (tops) my mother gave up attempting to home school me and started losing her mind (as in like, emotional disorder she refused to take medicine for), so I had to fend for myself. I taught myself how to read. I taught myself how to spell. I taught myself math beyond the most rudimentary level (ex: I learned multiplication and division tables by myself. I heard songs about multiplication tables and remembered a lot of them that way. 3-6-9, 12, 15, 18, 21! 24 and 27, 30 and you're done, hey!) Ironic that I don't have to know any of that shit thanks to every phone having a calculator, but hey. At least I know how to do it without one. I didn't go back into the public education system until high school, where I struggled to catch up in Mathematics but literally slept through every English & Social class and got straight 100% grades all throughout anyway. So aside from Maths (which I still am not really all that great at by the way), I not only kept up with my peers, but blew ahead of them in reading, writing, history, government, biology, and psychology. Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell and I didn't need a spell check for that word, bitch!

#3: I've mastered personal finance to the degree that I can do back of the envelope calculations for all my monthly expenses and come up to within +/- 20 dollars I'll actually spend every time. I still make spreadsheets which my dad helped me learn how to do after I started learning basic personal finance. This is another skill I largely (though not entirely) taught myself after watching my mother so badly mishandle money that it plunged my family deep into poverty that took years to escape. (I'm still personally floating within the borderline poverty range myself, but, getting certifications to get jobs that pay more will solve that problem handily soon enough.)

#4: I'm bootstrapping myself out of poverty... Without government help. Fuck you, welfare, you didn't do shit for me because I'm an able bodied childless white male? Hell you not only didn't do shit for my dad when my parents split, but you made him pay my fucking mother money every month for abandoning her children to him even after she took over 100,000 dollars?! Yeah, fuckin' great, feminist prime minister literally doesn't even notice that there are thousands of people like me suffering because we have dicks instead of vaginas. Stupid 1920's chivalry mindset in charge, jesus.

#5: I can switch from an eloquent and business professional tone, to 'dis street slang'n anytime I want ya fucks. Cuz' I grew up with it, ya dig? It's useful for fuckin' writin' all sorts of characters. Ain't fuckin' nobody sounding like armies of the same on my watch.

#6: I learned how to build and operate computers by myself and learned the local businesses I can go to in order to get deals on certain products that I couldn't get online or at big brand stores.

#7: I ran a role play for four and a half years. My role plays consistently last for months at a time. I have a cadre of good friends who stick with my role plays through thick and thin. All that time learning how to read and write came in handy for learning how to tell a story, and all those self-learning skills came in handy for learning how plots work. Go figure. :ferret:

#8: I learned immense self-control, and though it took years of hatred against myself and the world, I finally learned forgiveness too. No matter how bad things get in my life, I never give up trying. No matter how upset or angry I get at someone, I can always take a step back, calm myself down, and examine the situation more rationally. I don't hate people anymore. I refuse to play that game, and I'm much healthier for it.

#9: I found Iwaku through @Kestrel. Iwaku's a great place, y'all are great people, I love being here. :ferret:

Last edited:
I don't entirely know how to top @Brovo up there on terms of achievements, but I'll come with what I can come with.

I've developed and released a mobile game. It's nothing big, and 95 % of the art is made in MS Paint, but it's a game. And I'm kind of proud of it.

I acted in an aired commercial. I really did nothing too big, as I played the smallest of the four roles (well, over the dog).

...Uhm, a few people on Iwaku called me cool, another few called my writing great.

Oh yes, I occasionally make minor image edits, like this:

A9HMPLu.jpg

Or memes. But I'd rather not share those.

I've made a few sprite fusions in my days, and I used a few sprites, game graphics and possibly illegally downloaded backgrounds to make scenes of a roleplay I was in.

tFIYIYp.jpg

6Ok7mCa.jpg

-gestures towards her Empire of Internet Nomads- 8D That, that is my greatest accomplishment. Migrating from community to community, each one being even greater than the one before it, and collecting a fine and wonderful following of people from all over the world.

I am also really proud of the fact that we live as independent adults, with a house and jobs and all our bills paid and no debts and we get to do fun things and stuff. O_O We have a nice peaceful dramafree life (when y'know, outside influences don't bluster in) and I am really happy with it.

Dear god. . .where to start?

1) Trained as a provincial gymnast for years. Started training at the age of 2 and a half and carried on till about 12/13 years old. I would have kept going it if wasn't for my body falling apart on me. I was up to training 18 hours a week. Although I was never the best at the sport. It was very dear to me and showed that even how broken I am now, I was once able to do amazing physical things.

2) Going to school with a learning disability and not letting anyone find out until I started telling people in high school. Yes I was once ashamed of my learning disability in reading and writing *gasp* I know. When I was first told about my learning issues, I was in the age where if you were a little bit different you were considered 'stupid', and I was always very far from being stupid. So even after I was given a laptop to help me with my studies I made sure no one learned about it unless I wanted to tell him. My top marks in everything else also helped keep my not so good marks in English hidden from bullies. By the time I got to high school and top five lists were a thing, people knew by then that I was actually smart. Which is when I was finally comfortable sharing with my class mates my learning issues. This is where I led into point three.

3) Finishing high school with 90% or higher average (I don't remember the number anymore but it was up there). I was told by teachers to always take the lower level class and maybe get into collage that way, no my goal was always getting in university. So I took all the hardest classes and still did well. To me, that is very liberating and something I am so proud of.

4) Winning a scholarship that covered my whole tuition for four years of university studies.

5) Realizing that I can't always keep up with everyone else and that's okay. A struggle to prove that I was as smart as everyone else despite my learning issues, pushed me so far I wasn't sleeping, I was falling apart, and slowly killing myself to keep up. I took a step back, took less crouses and will finish my degree in five and a half years rather then in the regular four.

6) Not quitting school this year.

7) Working while going to school.

• Love
Reactions: Kagayours
I once had my own radioshow on the student radio in the city I lived. It aired locally, and I did it for about half a year. Most did it in groups, but I went at it alone, and did everything by myself. It was fun even if I got a lot of flak for it.

I've written a book. It was one of the first things I wrote, years before I even started roleplaying. I knew more or less nothing. It's shit, and I'd never show it to anyone again, but I set out to do it and I did finish that much. I'm glad that I accepted it was nothing special too, and worked on improving for next time instead of getting stuck on it.

I won a community award for best RP with the first RP I was the GM for. People voted for their favourites. The website it was on isn't really around anymore though.

I had an article published in a magazine that was focused on pursuing one's dreams.

I'm still alive, after years of battling depression.

1. I'm almost done my undergraduate degree in Accounting. Considering my start to University was not the greatest and I started in a completely different program, I'm really proud of myself for getting this far. I'm still fearful of the future but I am so proud of myself for getting my degree in a field that I love and is employable.

2. My Etsy shop is actually getting traffic and sales. ( Hehe -- Sarah Dyce Paintings by SarahDycePaintings) I never thought I would start getting sales so quickly... only in the last month, too. I'm really proud of that, knowing that people across North America actually want what I make!

3. This is going to sound shallow and silly, but I managed to hold a relationship for more than a year. Considering I have pretty bad anxiety and don't often choose the greatest guys to be with, this was a big thing for me.

4. In my last two years of University, I've gotten $10,000 or more in grants and scholarships, covering more than my tuition and books.

5. Since starting University 4 years ago, I've gotten a 90% average every year (or higher). This was a goal of mine for a long time, and though it really is just a number, I'm glad I was able to do it. One more year to go!

6. Two accounting firms wanted to hire me this summer and the third called me for an interview, which I declined. I ended up having the leave my job because of my anxiety, but knowing that they wanted me there made me so happy and gave me hope for the future!

I pretty much stood up against my bullies, otherwise I don't think I'd here if I didn't.

Graduated college and university with a degree in Popular Music. It may not seem like much, but it's not as easy as many like to think. Fundamentally breaking down a song and writing a 6000 word essay on it is not an easy task, which was one of our tasks for the week.

Married my childhood friend of nearly 20 years(jesus christ) 4 years ago. Our relationship hit a huge iceberg the beginning of last year, and we've grown stronger together from it.

I've worked for a few of my childhood heroes. Alice in Chains, Rob Zombie, etc at Download Festival as a roadie.

I've done a full year of non-stop wrestling, learning the basics and then developing my own style. Which led me to have a dark match in New Japan Pro Wrestling(Lived in Japan at the time), and have matches against the likes of William Regal and Rhino(Who broke my ribs in a botched Gore. Shit was painful).

I've made a comfortable life for myself and my wife, to which we really don't need to worry about finances, a place to live or jobs.

I've written a book. It was one of the first things I wrote, years before I even started roleplaying.
I'm still alive, after years of battling depression.
For you then, I'll share one of my favourite poems. I'd imagine you'd like it. It might bring a smile to your face, or it just might make you feel somber. Either way, here. From one "still alive" writer to another. Enjoy.

The darkness crumbles away.
It is the same old druid Time as ever,
Only a live thing leaps my hand,
A queer sardonic rat,
As I pull the parapet's poppy
To stick behind my ear.

Droll rat, they would shoot you if they knew
Your cosmopolitan sympathies.
Now you have touched this English hand
You will do the same to a German
Soon, no doubt, if it be your pleasure
To cross the sleeping green between.

It seems you inwardly grin as you pass
Strong eyes, fine limbs, haughty athletes,
Less chanced than you for life,
Bonds to the whims of murder,
Sprawled in the bowels of the earth,
The torn fields of France.

What do you see in our eyes
At the shrieking iron and flame
Hurled through still heavens?
What quaver--what heart aghast?

Poppies whose roots are in man's veins
Drop, and are ever dropping;
But mine in my ear is safe -
Just a little white with the dust.

--Isaac Rosenberg.

Note for those wondering: No, he did not survive the war he wrote about. He died in 1918, the same year it ended.

This is embarrassing but I suppose it feels good to talk about it ^^;

Let's place those in order of priority.

1- I'm still alive! As a teenager, I was very... disturbed and I could not see the light at the end of the day. I was selfharming, suicidal, and was overall very troubled. I managed to keep this secret from almost everyone - until someone saw something, told somebody else, and suddenly I'm tagged. I clearly remember being 14... and making the decision I would not live past 18. I remember being 16 and not making plans for post-college life, as I wouldn't see past 18. Dark times. It's a constant battle still, but now I have something worth living for.

2- I love myself. It's not easy when you're treated like scum, undervalued by the people you hold high, by your own parents who don't think you're worth anything. Yes, I consider this feat to be a worthwhile accomplishment ^_^

3- I have the same job for +1 year. I used to change jobs every 7-8 months because I saw no purpose in it. Depression crept upon me for weeks at a time, and it was difficult to even get out of bed, eat, buy food... Now, I've had the same job since February 2015, and for me that's amazing -- it's the first time since 2010 that I have the same job for longer than 12 months. I also don't plan on moving. Since 2009, I have moved 11 times. Since 2012, 6 times. This will be the first time I remain for longer than 14 months at the same place. It feels good.

4- I'm engaged! I'm deserving of love and I can accept it! Yay! @Qwertronix

On a professional level:

5- I have the trust of my coworkers to do extra tasks, which gives me a lot of visibility, which will play in my favour when I want to go up the ladder.

I think that sums it up, about the things that make me feel proud of myself. I've always sought the approval of others, but I'm slowly learning that it's okay if I'm the only one who is pride of myself. It's okay.

Another one for 'still alive.' After several suicide attempts and an illness that wants to kill me more than anything, I am still alive. I battle this thing every day, and some days - weeks - months - are harder than others. Some days I just want to give up entirely. I guess something in me just wants to stick around. I need to remind myself to hold onto that. I also have my parents to thank, because you better believe without them I would be dead. I have an amazing family.

I also have my GED. That seems petty and hardly an accomplishment, but I needed to drop out of high school because of aforementioned illness. I still have a lot of trouble setting foot into any school-like setting, but I worked for it and got that done. One day I'll go back to school, but for now, this is my accomplishment. :thumbsup:

I've made a lot of progress in handling my emotions and dealing with my self-esteem issues. They are far from perfect, but I have a much better grasp on them.

I moved out! I never thought I would do this, but here I am, year two living on my own (with my room mate, of course.) I can't believe I almost forgot this one. This is a huge accomplishment for me.

And recently I completed the national 'dex in Pokemon X for the very first time. I have never caught 'em all before. All for a shiny charm that has thus done dick for my quest for a shiny Froakie. >:E 400+ eggs in and still no sign. I hate you RNGesus.

All for a shiny charm that has thus done dick for my quest for a shiny Froakie. >:E 400+ eggs in and still no sign. I hate you RNGesus.
I don't know what you mean by "shiny charm" -- but are you using the Masuda method?

In any case, yeah, it still takes a while. @_@ I used the Masuda method to get a shiny Fennekin. It did work eventually! But it took boxes upon boxes of eggs to get there...

I don't know what you mean by "shiny charm" -- but are you using the Masuda method?

In any case, yeah, it still takes a while. @_@ I used the Masuda method to get a shiny Fennekin. It did work eventually! But it took boxes upon boxes of eggs to get there...
When you complete the National Dex in gen 6 games, you receive a 'shiny charm.' It increases your chance of finding a shiny Pokemon in the wild and in eggs. I'm using both the shiny charm and the Masuda method. :E I've gotten shinies in less than 200 eggs using just the Masuda method before, but this Froakie, man. So much pain.

When you complete the National Dex in gen 6 games, you receive a 'shiny charm.' It increases your chance of finding a shiny Pokemon in the wild and in eggs. I'm using both the shiny charm and the Masuda method. :E I've gotten shinies in less than 200 eggs using just the Masuda method before, but this Froakie, man. So much pain.
Wait, really?? I've also filled the national dex -- where do you get the shiny charm?

Status
Not open for further replies.