1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Romance, Fantasy. Always some kind of non-human involved. (Such a vampires, succubi, incubi, etc.)
So last night, my husband and I went for a bike ride. We live in a fairly small town, and thought we'd ride over to a restaurant and get some dinner then ride home. Our bicycles have bright ass neon lights on them, flashies, all sorts of things to make sure people see us.

So we pull up this one spot, and this car is coming out of a parking lot like a bat out of hell. So we stop, I make sure he sees us (we made eye contact,) and I proceeded with my husband right behind me. I hear my husband yell, and turn around to see him almost under this asshat's car. He gets out of the way, rolls the window down, and starts screaming at us. We inform the guy we have the right of way (where we live, bicycles on sidewalks are treated the same as pedestrians.) He yells back "you ain't got shit, BITCH" and speeds off. Trying to fluff his ego in front of his lady friend after he almost injured (or possibly killed) someone. The bike is a bit messed up, but he's otherwise uninjured.

The point I'm trying to make with this?

I don't have one. Look where you're going I suppose. Don't be a fuckwad. But that also brings me to my topic today;

You ever done something stupid that caused an accident or have you been in one? Ever got hit by someone or something because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time? Tell me your story here!

Wow what an absolute jerk that guy was! Definitely probably trying to look tough in front of his girlfriend instead of admitting he was a dumbass. :u

I can't think of any accidents I've been in myself that could qualify, but I got one that my mother got into?
When we were building flower beds in our garden, we had a trailer very precariously balanced and full of an awful lot of heavy stone border bricks. Setting one more thing on top of the trailer was enough to tip the balance and it slammed down on her foot, nearly severing two toes.
Luckily she got to keep them and everything healed just fine! But it was a pretty nasty thing that hurts me even just thinking about how awful it must have been for her.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: XIII
Wow what an absolute jerk that guy was! Definitely probably trying to look tough in front of his girlfriend instead of admitting he was a dumbass. :u

I can't think of any accidents I've been in myself that could qualify, but I got one that my mother got into?
When we were building flower beds in our garden, we had a trailer very precariously balanced and full of an awful lot of heavy stone border bricks. Setting one more thing on top of the trailer was enough to tip the balance and it slammed down on her foot, nearly severing two toes.
Luckily she got to keep them and everything healed just fine! But it was a pretty nasty thing that hurts me even just thinking about how awful it must have been for her.

All I can say is OW! I'm glad your mum got to keep her toes! That's awful!!

I was much more of an accident magnet before I got some help with my dissociative disorder. Before now, I'd go out on walks and dissociate so badly that I'd end up in places I wasn't supposed to be. Sometimes those places were parking lots or roads with moving cars. x___x; The thing that happened most often was getting backed into by cars in parking lots, lol... Not often did that lead to bodily damage (maybe some bruises at most) but it would scare me a lot and of course (understandably...) anger or worry the drivers.

I can think of another time that's memorable and actually not a result of my dissociations... I was passing through the crosswalk after getting signaled that it was my turn. And as I reach the center of the crosswalk, a lady decides to back up into me. I panicked so hard and had no idea how to handle it. So I just yelled really loud and slammed my arm against the back window. I did stumble backward and land on my ass, but I'm thankful that's all I had to deal with. She was driving slowly enough and she did stop when she heard me pounding on the car. I took home with me a lot of anxiety, and an injured right arm (because I guess the impact of the vehicle caused trauma and then she literally backed into the limb, causing it to bend quite unnaturally, ow). My arm ain't been right ever since that accident. I can't even sleep on my right side anymore because it hurts too much. >:[

I once almost got struck my lightning when I was like 6 or 7. I was being a stubborn little turd at Yellowstone, really wanted to get all the badges for this junior ranger thing. So I was outside in the rain as a storm started defiantly determined to get this last badge. And my mom eventually yelled at me to start coming inside. I moved out of my spot and an older man, who of topic but tried to shove me out of this spot earlier-it had a great view of the geyser-took it. I moved less than 6ft and all of a sudden there was a loud noise and people screaming and stuff. I didn't care, I was grumpy I didn't get the last thing I needed, walked to my sister who was like 0.0 and I'm like what? The old man got struck with lightning seconds after I moved.

There were a few times when I was a kid where, even though I had the right of way, drivers would get frustrated with how slow I moved and really push their luck with how close they could get to me while I crossed the street or even a driveway. Now I am slow - I'm disabled and walking is, well it's a time, but 1) I can't control that, 2) I would literally go as fast as I possibly could whenever crossing the street, and 3) I had the right of way

About a decade ago now, one of my next door neighbours backed into me while I was in my wheelchair. Not hard, it was literally just a bump, and my chair didn't even move but the neighbour felt really really bad afterwards.

In terms of actual accidents and not just close calls, when I was about four, my grandfather, his girlfriend, my parents and myself were in the car driving home after visiting a family member (my great-great Uncle, I think?) when my grandfather fell asleep at the wheel. No one was hurt, it was an empty country road, but we did hit at least 3 mailboxes before landing in a ditch.