Accidental Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griffin nodded. He had expected them to investigate him. Which meant that they knew he was a blue blood too. Maybe not as rich as they were but they weren't lower class either. "I am afraid that I am a lot like Illya. I'm not very good at talking. Especially about myself. I won't hurt Allie or Illya. I don't know what else to tell you."

Sam was thrilled he stood to his feet when a red haired boy asked him a question. He gave the boy points for asking even if the question was a bit rude. He took Illya's hand before answering. "My sister is a lot like me dad. She is very shy. She focused on things she enjoys. If you ever have a question on animals she's the one to ask."

Allie mother studied him for a second before finally speaking again. "Here's the thing I really want know. Do you think there is a possibility that you two could care for eachother? If not do you expect to hold my daughter in a loveless marriage? Even if you say know you can't legally keep some one married to you contest it all you want but we have the money to pay the fees. If things do not turn to love will you try and force the marriage even if she miserable or loves another." Allie's eyes went wide. "Mother that's too much we are just figureing out how to deal with this we don't even know eachother."
"Allie do you want to be stuck with someone you don't love for the rest of your life?" Allie flinched as her head dropped her mother was right but she felt like it was to soon to talk about this again. "Exactly,"

Illya let same drag her away for a bit before stoping.
"Do you know where your going.... This way." Illya piled his hand down another all to the left side of the building walking down a stair case that was marked library. "The library had an entrance on the first floor and the staircases on the left side for the second and third floor."

"That is a fair question." Griffin agreed. He respected that they didn't want their daughter to suffer. Allie was lucky to have parents that cared for him. His father wouldn't care if he was loved or not. "I don't know if I can love Allie or not Elizabeth. I know very little about love. But I know I love my son more then anything in the world and he already sees Aloie as his mother and Illya as his sister. For his sake I would do my very best to care for your daughter. If she was to find love else where it would break Sam's heart. But I woukd let her go. I simply want a chance to give my son the one thing he has always wanted."

Sam smiled and shook his head when Illya asked him if he knew where he was going. He was good with directions and maps but not that good. "I am glad that we get to have lunch together. Tell me about your day so far." he asked waning to draw her out of her shell alittle.

"We all have a soft spot for children. I'm sure Allie would try her best for you son and we won't push you away for him as well. Not that I spotted anything horribly bad in the investigation report. People make mistakes out daughter included and now you just have to see what happens." Elizabeth sight relaxing a bit in her seat as he husband spoke. "So normally we pick up Illya for school to spend time with her. We were wondering if it was fine for us to pick Sam up as well? After all we are happy to have another grandchild And want to get to know him?" Allie looked at Griffen wondering what he would answer.

Illya smiled at Sam before sitting at her favorite table.
"I read in class and got in trouble for it even though I answer the question right. The teachers face turned red Mr. Tran is not very nice." Illya pulled out her lunch and started to pick at it. "How has your day been?" It was akward for her to ask. Or even talk while eating lunch but she did try and keep speaking.

"Sam would love that. He has never had grandparents." Griffin answered. He could imagine Sam's response when he discovered he had even more family. His son knew nothing about grandparents. He wondered what kind of grand-parents Elizabeth and Richard were. Not that it mattered. Anything was better then his father would have been.

Sam smiled glad that Illya was trying. He took his lunch and opened it.
"I am glad that you got the question right. But if your so bored in class that your reading maybe you should see about being moved. In my old school I tested out of a grade because dad saw that I wasn't being challenged."

Allie stood up yawning. "Well im tired I've been staying up trying to finish a new dress. I wanna head him and take a nap." Allie's mother grimaced before sighing. Looking at Griffen to follow. "Beside I think me an Griffen need to get to know eachother before you hound him anymore."

Illya thought for a bit before slowly shaking her head.
"I never thought about it but I pretty much read my text books faster then they get through a few chapters so it will always be the same. If I went up a grade I could be in your class though right?" Illya asked as she seemed to focused on her food staring blankly as she ate.

Griffin stood to his feet. He had things to do to. He needed to organize his storage area so he could find things. He needed to call his agent and let him know about the move. "If you decide you want something for the house just let me know and I will get it to you." He didn't mind giving them something. He didn't care if they liked him or not. As long as they were nice to Sam he would be happy. He was glad that his son finally had a family. Even if he was never a part of it.

Sam nodded. "I think so. I cant guarantee anything. It could be that you just read faster then everyone else. But if you pass the test they should move you up. You should think about it and talk to your mom about it. It is a suggestion that might make school less boring to you." He told her as he eagerly dug into his lunch.

Allie the house and back to the car waiting on Griffen to get in before driving back home. "So, that wasn't horible I think that's the most I've ever heard you talk." She laughed a bit as they neared the house.

Allie laughed a bit before nodding. "I guess I'll talk to my mom about it but it doesn't really matter to me one way or another." She finished up her food and stood up gathering her trash. "We should head back soon?" She asked seeing if he agreed.

Griffin shrugged. "If you ask me questions I will talk. If I have something to say or need to know I will speak up. But I am not much of a talker." He had been told too often to keep his mouth shut while he was growing up. He only talked when he had something to say. Then he only said what he felt needed to be said. It would take some time for him to relax around her. He wasn't comfortable with her yet. Despite his desire to make this work or maybe because of that desire he wouldn't be saying more then he had to.

Sam nodded. The time had gone fast. "It should matter to you Illya. School shouldn't be boring. And if you really wanted to become a zoologist or biologist you need to do well in school. Skipping a grade could look good on you college applications. You are smart. You shouldn't hold yourself back."

Allie was lost in thought until she pulled into the drive way of the house. Putting the car in park she smiled at Griffen. "We'll do you need help at all today. Though I think you would say no even if you did." She opened her door hopping out. "Also why don't we cook dinner tonight together?"

Allie nodded. "Okay Sam I'll pay attention in school." Illya laughed a bit to her self before heading back to her class room. When school finished she waited out side Sam's class room. Her class got out a bit before the others. Her head hung a bit not making eye contact with anyone who walked by. Her hands behind her back as she leaned against the wall.

"I thought you were tired. I appreciate the offer but I need to organize the space I rented for my workroom. I kind of need to do it on my own so I know where everything is. I am not very good in the kitchen but I can try to help if you want." Griffin told her honestly. He wasn't trying to push her away. He honestly didn't think she could help him get everything organized. He needed to know where everything was so that he didn't have to search for things while he was inspired.

Sam smiled. Illya was an odd girl but he didn't mind. He just wanted what was best for her. By the end of the day he had made a couple of friends. Or atleast met a couple of boys he thought could be potential friends. When school was done he saw his sister standing outside the classroom. "Illya I would like you to say hello to Henry and Mark. They are in my class. Boys this is my sister Illya. Mark she is the one I was telling you about that knows so much about animals."

"I am tired." She laughed lightly. "That doesn't mean I don't want to get to know you some. After all you are my husband." She laughed again stepping inside the house. "Would it be so bad even if I couldn't put anything away?" She put her bag down before sitting down on the couch. "Anyways it's fine I'll stay here." She stretched a bit before picking up a magazine to flip through.

Illya seemed to glare at the two boys before softly speaking. "Hello." After that her head ducked again as she continued to speak. "Sam, my grandma and grandpa pick us up after school. I stay with them until five." She mumbled again her hands still behind her back as she hid her face.

Griffin shrugged. "I suppose it wouldn't matter but it seems a waste of your time to come with me to do nothing. But your welcome if you want to come." he told her as he headed out the door. He didn't mind if she came. He just wasn't sure how to handle being with her. He was willing to try though.

"Your lucky to have grandparents. I don't knw mine." Sam told her. He suspected that he knew why but he never pressed his father. He gently tipped Illya's head up so they could look into each others eyes. "Don't hide Illya. Your perfect the way you are.

Allie smirked before she got up heading out the door behind him. "Well, I think I'll come then." She laughed a bit as she spoke her hands behind her back holding her large bag she carried everywhere with her. Her blond hair bouncing behind her, pulled back in a ponytail.

Illya's cheeks turned red before she pushed his hand away. "My grandparents are your grandparents arnt they!" She snapped crossing her arms. "Of course if you don't want them I don't mind keeping them to my self but my grandma was really happy that she would get to meet you today." Illya pouted at the fact her brother embarrassed her in front of others.

Griffin shrugged. He was nervous about her seeing his workroom. He had never allowed anyone to see his workroom. Not even Sam was allowed in there. Of course he had always been too young to be near some of the tools he used. He lead her out to his truck.

Sam blushed. "I guess they would be my grandparents to. It is just going to take some time to get use to thinking of them as mine to. I am nervous to met them. What if they don't like me?" He asked her. He didn't think that he had embarrassed Illya. He had simply let her know he didn't want her to hide. She needed to be proud of who she was.

Allie stopped out side the truck eyeing Griffen. "Really if you don't want me to go I won't you know." She said just to make sure with it was really okay. "I won't be mad or anything." She wanted to get to know him better. If it was going to work she need to spend time with him even if it was in silence.

Illya sighed. "They will like you." She said before grabbing his hand. She waved at his too friend. "We have to go now." She said pulling Sam away to the entrance up ahead of them her grandma waited by a black suv. In her normal skirt suit like always. Illya knew her grandparents were found of kids and that they were excited to meet him but before they reached her she stopped turning to Sam. She smiled a bit, "really they will like you they wanted to meet you for a while now."

"I've never let anyone see my space. I'm alittle nervous what you will think." Griffin admitted. He climbed into the truck. He knew they needed to spend time together but that didn't ease his nerves. He had been judged and found lacking his whole life. He was worried that Allie woukd do the same. And if she found him lacking his son would lose his new family.

Sam was nervous. He wanted her...his grandparents to like him. He had never had any so he wasn't sure how to act. They looked intimidating. He looked to Ilkya for reassurances.
"I didn't know you had grandparents. Dad didn't say anything until he texted me earlier."

Allie laughs. "What I would think you should see my space it's a total mess. Fabric and papers everywhere. I hardly ever clean and scrap fabric just gets thrown in the corner." She turned to look out the window. "I doubt your messy at all with your work space so what is it you are worried I would think?"

"Eh, my grandmas the mean one but she more bark then bite. And that's really only to adults." Illya smiled pulling Sam by his hand twords his new grandparents. She waved at her grandmother before stoping in front of them. "Hello Sam, I'm Eliabeth but just call me grandma." She smile at Sam.

"Let's just say that I've had less then positive response to someone seeing my space." Griffin told her as he drove. He wasn't sure how she react or how he woukd react to her reaction. He parked in front of a large warehouse. It didn't look like much yet but it had great security. He had the newest stuff installed. He climbed out of the truck and wited for her. Then he lead her inside. There was wood off all different kinds and shapes. There were boxes scattered all over the place. There was a large table saw right in the middle of the room.

Sam nodded.
"Hello. It's nice to met you." he said softly. He looked the two adults curiously. He wasn't sure what he thought but he was curious about them. "I've never had grandparents."

Status
Not open for further replies.