Accidental Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley was a bit surprised at how calmly she took it, but a tone in her voice suggested she didn't really believe him yet, of course when he was in a similar position in his past he didn't believe it until he saw the changes. "If only it was that simple," he said. "Then it would not have been much of a problem. No, a true vampire is one who is a vampire by birth, their families having been that for countless generations from a human point of view. Witches have powerful curses and spells sure, but they do not hold any power over vampires."

A small amused grin spread for a few moments at her reaction to his last words. "Well, if it did not kill you outright then you would eventually become a vampire, after some very painful changes in your body of course." Speaking from experience Ashley exagerrated only slightly, the pain was immense but it was hardly as bad as he had been told, perhaps it differed between individuals or the true vampires enjoyed teasing their creations.

"But I do not think you have cause to worry, really, you would already have died or collapsed in pain if so was the case. I think he was too hungry to bother with poison, after sleeping for so long the hunger is strong indeed, you imagine not eating for about three hundred years and some of us do not excercise self control."

Caroline was still very much in shock, but the last part had shaken her up a bit. Ashley was so calm about this; it was as if he was merely telling her factual information. Her mind was reeling. "Why was he so furious with you? Did you know him?" she questioned, hand still placed near the bite on her neck. She didn't want to be such a skeptic about what he was sharing with her, but she continued to think about how nonexistent the creatures were to many. But she saw it happen with her very own eyes. Two vampires were engaged in violent combat a mere hour ago. This was real. Vampires were real. And...witches?

"No, I have never seen him before but I did piss him off," and several others, he thought. But he preferred to keep that from her for now, no need to add to her sudden, new burden of information. "The reason every night creature have been asleep during this time would be mel, not everything went smoothly but I guess the end result was alright, until I woke up." Far from everything went smoothly, it was still painful to remember wwhat had happened in such a short amount of time and with him powerless despite his strength as a vampire, but in typical fashion for Ashley he pushed any such thoughts away from his mind.

It still irked him that he had no idea why that was, a fault in the spell, his own weakness or something from the outside being the cause, the girl or something else. It wasn't too likely that he would get his answer either he feared so he would just have to redo the thing if he found everything he needed that is. "You may want to be careful though," Ashley warned her. "He is not going to leave me alone although it can be hard for him to find me in this time so try to not get yourself killed." His words might have seemed kind off sweet if not for his tone that suggested it was not only for her own safety he warned her.

"Wait. You mean he is going to recover from having his head slammed into stone? That thing was cracked! There's no way he could have recovered from that!" Caroline exclaimed. This was getting to be a little too much for her to handle. She knew it was all true by this point. Having witnessed something explainable and speaking with a man who had recently risen from his deathbed had proven as much. But it was still hard for her to take in without giving herself a headache. Maybe it was because she was still aching from the physical trauma and strain from earlier or because of the lack of sleep she has been getting due to her chatty roommate.

Status
Not open for further replies.