(ACCEPTING)Tear of the Soul(SAO Derived) Sign-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, I was wondering: do Crysis and Ryuu actually know about the whole 'You die in the game, you die in real life' thing? So far I've been acting on the assumption they - or at least, Ryuu - doesn't.

You know, no one knows yet, because so far, only two of the (idk how many) waves have shown up, so after a bit, I'll make the assumption that we get all of our RPers to the tavern (which has a huge underground theater that has plays running at night, plenty for every player) and then the creator, who still has no name, will appear before them, and break the news, but for now, you are still able to log out and things of the sort, so use it to your advantage when making your character develop more than what happens in TotS. Oh! that brings a good point, after we get this going good, do you want to be unknowing classmates @Xilfer? I think that would add an odd twist to how we survive.....

@Demonic Hey, that's a pretty neat idea. I like that! ^.^

But come to think of it, does that mean that you don't die for real when you die in the game yet?

Yep, the only downside is that the character gets deleted, so you have to start over, and I may just lock it so you don't die, but restart and after so long you die, what do you think?

Hmm, to be honest I'm not too sure. One of the things I liked most about SAO was the fact that if you die in the game, you die in real life. It added a feel of urgency and made you think 'Wow, this isn't just a game anymore. This is serious.'

I guess you could have them die after a few restarts too, but the first death meaning absolute death adds a lot to the whole 'fight for survival' theme. Also, character death is nice for drama. ^.^

That's my opinion, anyway.

Ok, i'll keep with that idea, only what if it was your memories were lost and you were forcibly placed into a different life?

I don't really see the point of that to be honest... the first idea was better, in comparison. I'm still gonna advocate SAO's usual die-ingame-die-irl rule though. Maybe we should ask Gen what he thinks.

Sure. That'll suck when we die, though... We could create a new character and say they were in the game the whole time.

I don't know, maybe there could be an unknown level of the world that is like a death-state where you have so long before you die that you could be brought back. Kinda like the length from when Sachi died to when Kirito got the rare item?

Hmm... I don't know about that. Then there would be someone inactive and hoping that an item is found to bring them back. That could be kinda boring and disappointing.

good point, permadeath it is. unless Xilf has anything to add?

Nope, permadeath is what I'd prefer as well. We're all good.

Got it. OH and before I forget, I'm trying to design a new layout for our IC posts, so that way, everyone knows things like how much money you got, exp, lvl, equipped equipment, things of the sort that would be there just to verify that we aren't lying to each other..... do you guys have any idea on how to make that look nice?

Hello, are we still accepting people in. I like the idea of this.

all right, glad to hear man, if you want to write up a CS, we'll have you be one of the ones that are still asleep on the beach (where Crysis still is because she hasn't even moved yet.... lol, looks like she loses the bet....)

Okay, also do I need to use a photo? I would rather just use description.

@Demonic Well, to be honest... not really. -.- I can't say I'm entirely sure what something like that would look like in the first place, so I can't really say. However, if you do, I would suggest making a prototype first, and then showing us so we can improve upon it.

If you can describe your character well enough that we aren't really wondering what you look like, go ahead. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.