Academy of Arms!

Emil had been sleeping in a tree, skipping breakfast, not having been particularly hungry, still satiated from the previous night's feast that he'd chosen to gorge himself on. He held a delicate balance on the top branch of the tree, using his knives to keep him from falling, while maintaining comfort. It was a small bit of art, despite how pointless and seemingly stupid it was. However, upon hearing the Brrrrrrrooooooooooop, his eyes shot open and he lost his equilibrium. He caught his knives as he fell from the top branch and landed on a lower one. He balanced on it, worried that it would break, and the small fear in the back of his mind came true as the branch cracked. He landed on the ground hard, and rolled. He laid in the sun and thought to himself for a moment.

I wonder why dad had me transfer here..? I hate new schools.

He got up and shifted his weight thoughtfully, trying to remember what he'd been told: Something about being late to classes resulted in the taking away of weapons. He looked at the blades and shook his head. No way am I getting these taken away.

He sauntered off to class, asking for directions to Arms History. He sheathed his knives and adjusted his gloves as he moved, not wanting to be noticed. He stops and glances around at some of the girls, grinning. He couldn't help but laugh silently to himself, knowing eventually someone would fall for him; it was inevitable, as at every school he went to, several girls fell from him. He didn't mind it, but he didn't particularly like it either.

He continues towards class, but trips over himself, and catches him self while falling. He picks himself off the ground and hurries ahead. He flicks a lock of his messy golden hair out of his eyes, and continues walking, thinking as he went. He wore a sly grin on his face, and he rubbed his eyes. He was proud of the small fact that he was born with purple irises; it contributed to his narcissistic attitude.

His thoughts wander to who else could be in the school, mostly about how the other students were. He promised himself to remain apathetic and uncaring, not wanting to get very involved with the other students; he had a feeling that his family would be moving again. Dad's always moving us around... Mom can never be happy, sis is always pissed off, and Mike is... Uncaring as ever. He just loves his goddamn anime and video-games. Internal sigh. I wonder if dad ever realized he's hurting his family more than anything. Fucking asshole. Oh well. I doubt we'll be settling in, so I hope mom doesn't get too attached to anyone here... I hate seeing her cry. Same with sis. God, why can't you let us settle down..?

He grabbed the cross in his pocket, the simple designs carved into it starting to wear down. He shakes his head and takes a deep breath.

[DASH=#006699]
"YOU ALL... ARE A BUNCH... OF DUMBASSES."

Kenzi flinched as did many of the other students in the class. They all knew that he was talking directly to all of the students who were involved in the cafeteria scuffle. They all had to be in the class, regardless of what year they were in. Arms History was where they learned about the weapons on the passed, depending on which weapon they had. However, it was only for the first day that Arms History is ever combined with all years. The requirements of the class was to stand up in front of the entire peers and describe the past history of the weapon they had. This would be the second time all Second Years had done this, first time for First Years, and last time for all Elite Years. The explaining would be a piece of cake...

...if they all could get passed Rolan Sensei.

"A fight? During breakfast time? How low. How ingenious of all of you. I wonder if these naive, insolent people before me are even students. I have saw drunkards act more civilized than the lot of you. What is this I witnessed on the tapes? Axes? Blood shed? On the first day of school, within the first 30 minutes, at that? I am disgusted. Disgusted."

Kenzi cringed every time he added emphasis on certain words. It was bad enough that he was speaking directly at she, Georgia, and the rest of the others involved. To make matters worse, she could not see to save her life. Her glasses were in shattered pieces tucked away in the tiny pocket of her blouse, where she would desperately try to put them back together once she got home. Her vision was completely shattered, and if not the help of Georgia, she would've never made it back to class on time.

Speaking of Georgia...

Somewhere across the room, she sat next to a fat girl who breathed very heavily into her pudgy little hands. Every exhale sounded of a typhoon to Georgia, driving her stark mad. Her unblemished features burrowed in a series of frowns, worsening every time Rolan Sensei would snap about how naive and insignificant they all were. Part of her wanted to snap that it had nothing to do with being naive. They were attacked and she thought she handled it quite well. It wasn't as if she was actually going to kill someone...No, that'd be insane.

"Furthermore, the next time something like this happens, I will be giving you all a History lesson on the makings of the detention bars." Not a sound was heard as Roland stepped around the class, rummaging a finger through his black hair.

"I've wasted enough time on you swine already. Lance. Stand and explain your weapon's history, if you do not mind. Who ever wishes to go after him may do so."He said, staring directly at the Elite Year knowing he had done this time and time before. It was a form of torture for the Elites, but after the facade in the cafeteria, Rolan Sensei did not give a rat's ass.
[/DASH]

Lance was less than effected by Rolan's ranting, knowing there was nothing he could be blamed of this time. But when Rolan called on him to be the first to go over their weapon's history, he couldn't help but give an irritated sigh. He had never liked Rolan, and he was fairly certain the feeling was mutual. He stood, blunted scythe in hand, and cleared his throat.

"The scythe was invented in around 500 BC by the ancient Scythians, and it bares their name to this day. It was originally not intended for combat, instead used as a tool for harvesting wheat and similar grain products. Despite this, it rose to prominence for a time as an improvised weapon among commoners and peasants. While it was not an ideal weapon for armies, due to its size, weight, and awkward handling that made it a much a threat to allies as enemies, it was a highly effective weapon in smaller battles. Scythes were often modified with straight poles, double-edged blades and adjusted angles to increase effectiveness. The scythe's wide arc of attack prevents enemies armed with melee weapons from making effective strikes, and a skilled scythe wielder can use the pole to defend while attacking an enemy behind them. The sharp blade, added with the effect of being swung with the strength of both arms and the proper technique, give it incredible armor-piercing capability that allowed it puncture even European plate mail and consistently inflict mortal wounds. The two most potent aspects of the scythe, however, are the unpredictable nature of its movement and the fear it inspires due to its long association with death as the favored tool of the Grim Reaper. It is difficult to block the blade or effectively track its movement, and the psychological aspect of fighting the weapon of death invokes the most primal fear of mankind; that of death."

Lance hoped beyond hope he would never have to go over this again in his life.

The teacher sure was mad, and he had good reason to be. Brant wondered not for the first time if this sort of thing happened a lot. Probably not a lot but some-what often. Patiently Brant weathered the tirade until he was done and some one else took the focus of the class and began telling the history of their weapon. He had noticed some of the students groaning when they heard they had to present the history of their chosen weapons. Brant didn't see what the big deal was, they should be happy to talk about their weapons, not everyone had the opportunity to even go to school and the fact that these people couldn't appreciate it agitated him.

Extracting himself from his thoughts Brant payed attention to this guy, Lance's, presentation until it was done. A scythe, Brant always thought it made for an unconventional weapon, but like anything in the hands of an expert could be used effectively. Since he was done, Brant decided he would present his next.

"I use the flanged mace, it's pretty simple and straight forward. It's a weapon that is effective against multiple types of armor because it doesn't necessarily need to get past the armor to do damage. The mace began it's career, unsurprisingly, in the hands of cavemen as one of the very first types of weapons. As time progressed the race for bigger and better sticks evolved the stick into a club with a rock at the end of it. The next step from that were rocks with knobbly protrusions which penetrated and hurt more. When metals were introduced into crafting arms the mace was made even more deadly but lost popularity alongside the spear and sword but became popular again when armors were introduced into the seen, being that they could penetrate better than swords and sometimes spears. Around 1200 plate male arrived and the flanged mace became particularly useful for delivering focused points of force along it's flanges. It is also less expensive to make in comparison to the sword. The flanged mace consists of a sturdy wooden shaft, a leather wrapped handle, and a carbon steel head. The flanged maced is pretty much a fancy club, but it's a classic."

Brant felt somewhat proud of his weapon, simple as it was, and sat back down in his seat.

Tobias stood towards the back of the room with his back supporting him against the wall. His spear, which was luckily not confiscated away from him thanks to Ireland organizing the remaining students into getting to Arms History, leaned beside him almost like a friend. Tobias struggled to keep a dignified expression on his face. The feeling of guilt he was trying to keep buried threatened to break his composure each time Rolan Sensei raised his voice to the class. He was not used to failing others and this morning not only had he not stood up for his fellow Second Years when they were in a jam, he couldn't save Kenzi's glasses before they were crushed. Sure... it was an accident and not exactly his fault but that didn't stop him from feeling like he wasn't fast enough.

The two first presentations were ones Tobias had heard his previous year. Droning out the details of the Scythe and Flanged Mace gave him the necessary time to work up the nerve to volunteer himself to go next. He may as well get it over with and who knows... if he did this willingly maybe his small role in this mornings activities would be overlooked by the teachers. He strongly doubted it but what was the harm in hoping, right?

Once Brant wrapped up his presentation Tobias took hold of his spear and with a confidant stride approached the front of the room. A few students glared at him, having been beaten to the punch of getting their history report done with. They just wanted to get it over so they could sleep through the rest of the class anyway so screw those guys.

Rolan Sensei gave Tobias a quick nod when he passed. Tobias gave a respectful bow of the head before he continued to the center of the room. With a glance at the many faces of AoA he could see the same basic situation as when he had done this the previous year. Many First Years were looking around in amusement, wonder or confusion and talking among themselves. Tobias gave the butt of his spear a sharp PANG against the floor to get their attention. Holding his spear out vertically and to the left at arm's length for visual appeal, he began.

"The origins of the spear date back to the years of cave men. In it's early years many spears were nothing but sticks with one end sharpened by rocks to give them penetrating power.
These were often thrown at early man's prey so the risk of injury was minimized. Today javelins serve this purpose, though spears are still perfectly capable of being thrown with deadly force and accuracy. When the stone age occurred the spear got an upgrade. Stone spear heads were crafted and tied to spear shafts. This gave the spear not only more strength but the traditional leaf shaped heads caused larger wounds which of course made prey animals die of blood loss of trauma even faster than before. The spear would again see wide spread use when iron became available and forging techniques were developed. Along with the sword, spears were the most widespread melee weapons for much of the developing world. The spear would be used by those who prefer it for it's superior reach on a sword as well as it's greater penetration power against armor. The spear can also serve as a defensive tool as well, again using it's long reach and sturdy wooden shafts to protect the wielder. Today, few spear masters remain. The introduction of firearms led to most all conventional weapons of old being rendered obsolete on the front lines. Despite all that the spear remains true to it's original purpose. Elegant, adaptive and a perfect tool of war."

With that Tobias flipped his spear up onto his shoulder, made it way past Rolan Sensei and back to the spot on the far wall where he had started.

Sauntering as callously up to the front as he did, some would have thought Adam to be either insane, or just a fan of pushing the teacher's buttons. It was, more than likely, the former. Regardless, his handgun was being twirled casually around his finger, his mood indeterminable, other than the fact he simply didn't seem to care - bout the recent tongue-lashing, that is. Catching the firearm in a grip appropriate for shooting, the weapon was displayed for all to see, but pistols were a fairly banal weapon in comparison to the other tools of war on display. This meant that the elicited reaction would, most likely, be quite subdued. In this light, a joke was used to open up the presentation, unfunny as it may have been.
"Hello there, everyone. Before we start, I'd like to say that I'd rather talk about my bonesaw, but apparently, it doesn't even qualify as a rudimentary weapon here. Nevertheless, I will explain to you, this. This Sig Sauer P-two-two-six. A Swiss-made handgun, it is a standard sidearm of the Special Air Service, and has a standard clip size of fifteen rounds. However, on counter-terrorist missions, it can be fitted with a twenty-round clip. This sidearm is used by militaries and law enforcement agencies all over the world, and with good reason - known for its reliability and accuracy, this is a wonderful little pistol. Though it still makes a tell-tale shape in your jacket when you try and hide it."
Without much more to say, he moved to his seat in much the same manner as he had left it. He had solely focussed on the model, rather than the maker, so not much was to be said - that, and he honestly had no idea what to say anyway.

533266.jpgThe fighting had completely ceased, when Rolan Sensai came into view. He sweated a little, but it wasn't enough to be seen. He wanted no trouble from him. If he would hav gotten a hold of Tatsukie, it would have been all over for him. He listened , knowing full well that he was responsible for everything that went on, but once again, it wasn't his fault. The lecture seemed like it went on forever. But, it was only a few minutes in the reality of the lecture.

He looked around the classroom and sighed. It was a little boring and he wish that he didn't have to be in class. Oh well, he would just have to deal with it. The others were really into explaining their history. All of them really got deep and in depth on it. He looked at the people as they stood up, waiting for his turn.

He could hear the other's explaining the history on there weapons and he knew his turn would be soon. Once the others were finished, he stood up straight and firmly. Tatsukie removed his other hand from his pocket, and then removed his shirt tail from over his twin pistols. He looked around for the cafeteria, as all eyes fell on him. He slanted his eyes and began his explanation.

"The pistols were passed down in my family since the first born. These pistols are the symbol of the Kitska Family. They represent strength, courage, and bravery in battle. the story of the guns, reside back with my great ancestor Riolo. He fought along side our family in order to protect it from our rival family, known at the Kyotos. He bravely ran into their masses and used these guns to cut down there numbers. Though he fell in battle, my family was able to claim victory. The guns themselves were passed down throughout time, and finally, I was chosen to wield them.

So, I train and fight to sharpen my skills and become a great hero. Just like Riolo.

He placed his shirt tail back over his guns and gave a little smile. A very slight one, looking at Rolan. Waiting to see what he had to say, and also if there were any others left in line to explain, as he placed his hands in his pockets once more.

[DASH=#006699]
Georgia chewed on the stick of the lollipop that was long gone and last. The sweet flavor had disappeared as well as the bulge of the candy on her tongue. Instead, she chewed lifelessly away at the cylindrical cardboard that belonged to the stick. The taste was not what she was in it for, it was more for the hobby of chewing. While she was listening to everyone's long, drawn out stories of the history of their weapons, she was desperately in need for something to do. The fight had gotten her riled up, in great need to have something to do, something to hit, someone to yell at. That is ultimately where she found all of her action from: confrontations. She pulled on a single one of her pig tails, her hair twisting unyielding in her finger tips as she listened to all of them ramble on and on.

To be honest, the more she heard them talk about their weapons, the more she wanted S.A.D to start so badly. S.A.D., Spars and Duels, was her favorite class for obvious reasons. All students gathered into the combat room underground at the very back of the school while the Main Office remained in font of the campus. The combat room was far away for many a reason: the things that happen in S.A.D have sometimes heeded horrible results. Horrible, but fun. The class was the third one on the schedule of the students, right after Tech Et, Technique Etiquette, and all the talking about the weapons was making her fidgety for the fight.

Smirking behind the constant sawing on her stick, Georgia waited patiently for Tatsukie to close his mouth. The very second he did, Georgia took no chance and snatching the next spot from anyone who thought they would be replying next, hands gripping her ax as she swung it around her head, letting the bar rest against her shoulder as soon as Tatsukie took his seat. She shot a glare to him as if to say that he took too long, but the moment quickly passed when her head swirled back to Rolan, a keen, challenging smirk on her face.

"This....is an ax."she said with a gruff, monotone voice that she used to catch the attention of all: keen First Years, wary Second Years, and some pissed off Elite Years. "Quite a few people mistake these things for tools, like Lance over there said about his scythe. No, this baby was used as a blugering weapon in the late Mediterranean Era. The guillotine itself got it's basis off of these axes. It was gruesome and a pain to chop the heads off of people with blunted axes, so the Executioner would always sharpen it. In the Middle Ages, sharpening an axe meant that you were prepared to make a swift, final kill. Most times, there was writing or drawings on the heads of the axes, telling the story of the killings it and its weilder have had. As you all can see, I have not one name on it, so it remains to be seen who will suffer a gruesome fate of the axe. The bad thing about axs, to my knowledge, is that due to the strength, the Europeans would have to slowly swing, leaving room open for many a wound to their body. And we wonder where the Vikings went."she shrugged, leaning on one hip, axe weighing her shoulder down but leaving the impression that no one better mess with her at all.

One look at Rolan Sensei told her to take her seat, and she did just that, leaning her weapon next to her, taunting the next speaker to go forth after her speech.
[/DASH]

Emil watched everyone go and sighed quietly to himself. He stood up and slid a knife from his sleeve and held it up, and went to the front of the room. He felt himself turn slightly red, not knowing anyone in the room, and feeling all eyes on him. He swallowed what felt like a rock in his throat, and balanced the knife perfectly on the tip of his pointer finger. The tip of his finger was calloused and never felt the sharpened point. The knife has a simple structure, and was custom made to fit his hand for perfect grip. The hilt is bare with no indications of ever having been damaged, and the blade is the same, with no sign of wear or damage. The tip of the blade is slightly elongated with a sharp and deadly point.

He took a slight breath, and started speaking in an even, measured tone: "Knives have been used for nearly ever, and some have hypothesized that they have been used since before fire used, however at the time, they were mere rocks. As iron and bronze began to become more popular in the creation of weapons and other such objects, knives became more decorated and more for show. It wasn't until the Crusades during the Middle Ages that the knife was renewed as a deadly weapon in close range combat. Knives are favorable weapons among soldiers and assassins alike, as they are easily concealed and can be quickly accessed. Knives were also used, as they could be a powerful weapon used for parrying other weapons, such as the Main Gauche, which was used mainly with the Rapier during the 1600-1700s. Another popular type of dagger was the Sword Breaker, whose name is somewhat deceiving, as it was used to 'catch' a blade and make it easier to follow up with a deadly finishing attack."

As he finished his small speech, he left to go back to his seat, as Rolan motioned for him to sit down. He tossed the knife in the air and gracefully caught it, then slid it into the sheath. He sat down at his seat, and sat back slightly, wondering who would have the guts to go next, if there was anyone left.

(Knife buddy xD)

With a quick smile at Emil- who had the same weopan as her- Ireland stood and exhaled slowly, calming her nerves. She hated speaking in front of people- and even though she had to do the same thing every year it didn't mean she had to like it.
"These," she reached inside of her jacket and took out her favourite knives- the two she had used in the fight earlier, "are knives, if you didn't already know."
She smiled sweetly at one of the elites from earlier, earning a glare from him.
"The oldest recorded knife comes from Gebel El Arak , Egypt, made circa 3.400 BC. This knife however, originates from Crete, where the importance of the Cretan knives have much symbolic value in the lives of the people there. This symbolism can mean many things- from betrohal and weddings, magical ceremonies, etc. The Cretan knife is to a Cretan like his best friend, as a dog is man's best friend- "at this Ireland lovingly ran her finger along the egde of one of her knives- "and was and still is is traditional warfare the main fighting technique. As you saw earlier in the caferteria during the, er, fun we had, together these knives are deadly. Spin them in a circle like I did earlier, one in each hand, and they're a deadly defensive. The attacker wonn't be able to see them- they're just flashing circles, and keep them sharp enough and they can cut a man's hand off if he swings his sword at you. If you're really skilled, and lucky, they can deflect bullets- sometimes."
Ireland felt a little out of breath after her speech and although she doubted anyone had actually listened she was proud of herself for not stumbling too much over her words.
She didn't do anything fancy with her weopans, just put them back inside her jacket, safe and secure, then looked expectantly at the teacher for him to carry on.

[DASH=#006699]
She knew she was next and last. Everyone else had their chance to speak. Even some of the angry Elite Years told their weapon's history before her. It seemed that every time she would try to rise out of her chair to take the stand, someone else would take her place. Not to mention the fact that she could barely see if anyone was moving because of the state of her eyes. Without her glasses, she was a sitting duck and they were broken beyond repair. Kenzi sat back in her seat, continuously chewing on her bottom lip. She had no idea who was talking but she gathered that it must have been an Elite Year because she could not tell a word he was saying. She looked to her left and saw a mound of red hair, knowing it was Georgia, but could not make out anything other than the red blob. Her explanation of the ax was vivid and was starting to worry her. How was she going to explain her stars if she could not even see right in front of her?

"Miss Kenzi. Would you care to explain your weapons?" Rolan Sensei slurred from the front of the class. Kenzi, sitting erect in her seat, rammed her knee against the bottom of her desk, making her yell out in a sharp whimper, her entire desk sliding slightly across the floor. All of that as an attempt to stand up. Snickers from behind her made her face burn a deep red. Her eyes were probably as wide as her fists, but it didn't help her vision any. Besides, she didn't need to be able to see to know that everyone was staring at her. Face burning even more, Kenzi cleared her throat and reached down to her satchel on her leg. One of the Elite Years let out a wolf whistle when her skirt lifted up in her attempt to grab at her stars. As if her face was not red enough, it suddenly turned another shade.

"Th-this...--"

"--is HOT!" The class suddenly burst out in laughter and Kenzi's breathing quickened.

"Hey! Shut up! Don't make me come over th--"

"GEORGIA." A small huff came from her left and Kenzi held the star out on the palm of her hand.

"This is a throwing star, otherwise known as a shuriken. The particular ones I use are known as Hira-Shuriken. They were used mostly as a pivotal, tactical role in the battles of the past. Deriving from Asia and other middle eastern countries, theses small weapons were shown as a symbol of the ninja. The size and speed of them make for small, swift, and easy kills. The Hira-Shuriken were also a part of learning shurikenjutsu, though now a days, most people wield them as quick long ranged weapons. Long ranged combat widely used by ninjas in the past. Some even knew how to toss the shuriken at certain areas of the body, causing internal bleeding or fatal wounds. In battles against samurai or other sword wielders, shurikens were at a very low advantage. It was almost impossible to get close to someone and attack with the stars. That is why some would dip the blades in poison, ensuring the death of their enemies."she said.

The star still lay in her palm when she brought her head up and looked to Rolan Sensei's general direction. Not being able to see anything, she assumed he motioned for her to sit down. She did just that, straightening out her skirt and looking directly down at her desk. Rolan Sensei sighed unnecessarily loud and wiped his face at the same time to show his growing impatience for the lot of them. On the first day and he already had to raise his voice more than once and the class still had 45 more minutes left.

"I don't suppose you all have anything else you would like to add, so, in that case, I'm moving forward. We've wasted enough time already. As some of you will known, Arms History is very important in combat. If you do not know of the past mistakes and successes of your ancestors, then you can not know how to use the weapon effectively," he said, pacing through the aisles and looking each and every student in the eye behind his wired glasses."To know the history is like knowing your childhood. I assume all of you know how you were when you were children. Well, your weapons were forged once. It's best to know about your weapon and the weapons of others."

"I have a project for you all. If I here one little peep of annoyance come from anyone of your mouths, then I will personally teach you the history of pain and my weapon combined. Is that understood?"
he snapped. No response. Just the way he liked it. "I am going to pair the lot of you up. I want you to exchange names, details on your weapons, anything special your weapon has or has meaning, and to exchange the weapon themselves, giving the other person your weapon and holding theirs in return. You do this for the rest of class until I say otherwise."

"The pairs will be:

Adam and Geoffery.

Kenzi
and Tobias.

Ireland
and Tatsukie.

Georgia
and Brant.

Lance
and Emil.

Go. Now."

Kenzi didn't move. She knew that if she got up with the way her eyes were, she would run over the entire class who were all crawling out of their seats to meet with their partners. She was so glad she was paired with Tobias, someone that she knew! Crossing one leg over the other, Kenzi sat patiently, waiting for everyone to get situated and to begin their project.
[/DASH]

((The link for Georgia's axe doesn't seem to work))

Guilt washed through Brant as he watched Kenzi bang herself against the desk and how disoriented she was. He almost forgot about it because of the surprise he felt from what the teacher had said.
Exchange weapons? His eyebrows came together as he thought about that but made no comment, the teacher kind of creeped him out. Looking around he saw Georgia, the gusto girl with the axe, he was pretty okay being paired up with her, she had a heavy weapon.

Brant pushed himself away from his desk and milled amongst the other students until he could make his way across the room toward Kenzi and Georgia. On passing Kenzi he lightly touched her shoulder to get her attention
"Hey, sorry again about the glasses. If you need anything just let me know and I'll take care of it." Even though she probably couldn't see it, he gave her an earnest smile before scooting over to Georgia. "Hi, you're Georgia right? I'm Brant and this" he laid the mace across her desk "is my mace"

Tobias shifted uneasily when it was finally Kenzi's turn to explain the history of her favored weapon. He wanted to move from his spot against the wall to help the girl out but he knew better. No student at Academy of Arms ever wanted to look weak or helpless. Jumping in to help in a fight was one thing but not being able to give something as simple as a presentation would have been detrimental to her reputation. Not that Tobias saw Kenzi as weak, far from it. She was just having an off day and didn't deserve the treatment many students were giving her when she couldn't do a thing about it with her glasses broken. Still, leave it to Georgia to stand up for Kenzi regardless. Only the bold or the ignorant would mess with her. She had a passion for battle as fiery as the hair on her head. Tobias had learned their previous year to stay on Georgia's good side, as every time another student had rubbed her the wrong way it never ended well.

Rolan Sensei's announcement got the room full of students buzzing in a matter of moments. A wave of relief washed over Tobias when he discovered he would be partnered with Kenzi for this exercise. Yet again taking his spear from the wall and resting it on his left shoulder he started making his way through the crowd. He caught a glimpse of Brant, the student who had gone before him in weapons presentation and the guy who had accidentally stepped on Kenzi's glasses say something to her before moving along to where Georgia sat.

A tall student with a heavy looking Monk's Spade nearly took Tobias out on his way past. It seemed deliberate and must have been one of the Elite Years from this mornings event still sore over what had happened. Tobias scowled over his shoulder at the guy before stopping next to the desk Kenzi sat at. He reached behind him for an unused chair and pulled it up to the opposite end and sat down. He set his spear down, leaning harmlessly against the side of the desk to avoid an accident while students continued to shuffle around them. His weapon was obviously long and could hurt somebody if they were not paying attention to their surroundings.

Since Brant had seemingly apologized to her already, Tobias decided to skip bringing up the topic of her broken glasses. No need to keep reopening the wound unnecessarily. "So..." Tobias began, not sure if he really needed to bother with the introductions as Rolan Sensei had ordered. He and Kenzi were both Second Years and beyond that still knew one another to a degree. "I'm going to learn more about your shuriken and you about my spear. We may as well get started." With that he raised his spear off the floor and took it in both hands, holding it in his outstretched palms to allow her to take it from him when she was ready.

"My spear was made using modern techniques and unlike the example I gave to the class it's shaft is not made of wood. The shaft itself is made of a lightweight polymer to ease the use and increase the speed and durability over traditional wooden spears. The blade is made of forged steel, heavy enough to keep the whole weapon perfectly balanced. It's actually lighter than it looks." he added, giving her the cue that it was alright to take it from his palms.

(Thanks Effort!)

[DASH=#006699]
Georgia was just about to get up and swing her big ax over to where Brant was, but it seemed he had other things on his mind. So, it saved her the hard work of picking it up and heaving it over to the other side of the classroom. Besides, he was not smooth at all, bending low to poor little Kenzi to tell her something, probably some whack apology for breaking her glasses. Georgia bit down on the sucker stick harder than normal in a warning. She didn't know him or Kenzi from a hole in the ground and everyone else seemed to enjoy picking on her on the first day of school. Kenzi was almost getting treated like a First Year! Georgia smirked when Brant finally came over to desk, laying his weapon down on her space like he was laying down the law. She only looked up at him with that sinister smirk of her, a tinge of innocence behind it.

A look of a deviant.

Georgia looked down at the mace that lay strewn across her desk and then brought her red eyes up to him and paused, waiting for him to explain the details on it like Rolan Sensei instructed, but he never did. Stifling a yawn, Georgia, reached to her side, grabbed the hilt of her ax, and swung it on her desk, making a large BAAKAA! sound.

"The names Georgia. You're smart enough to know that this is an ax. Since you didn't listen to a word Rolan over there said, I guess I gotta show you the ropes."she said, lounging in her chair as she waited for him to sit. "My ax is different because the actually blade is split into two dragon designs. I could give you an elaborate story on where they came from, but I honestly, I have no idea. My mom just gave it to me like that. Pick it up if you think you can."she motioned, nodding her chin towards the giant weapon while she took the mace as if it were nothing but a toothpick to her. Carrying a giant ax around had its advantages.

Kenzi forced a smile at the giant brown and grey blob that was Tobias. Her thoughts and worries were soothed when she heard that she and him were to be partners. If it were anyone else besides him and Georgia, Kenzi would have probably cried out of pressure. Her day was already going off to a terribly bad start. It was relieving to know that someone was not going to be chewing her head off at how terribly stupid and clumsy she was. A light hand ran on the base of her shoulder Kenzi shuddered, turning her head to look at a boy she could not recognize. With glasses ti still may have been hard but she didn't want to look like a mouse by squinting so she stared up at him, blue hair caressing her cheek while he talked. In an instant, she identified his voice as the one who broke her glasses only 30 minutes before.

"It's...It's alright. I have another pair in my locker."she said, giving him the best smile she could muster, even through the embarrassed blush she still had as a result of the class laughing at her. She failed to mention that to buy another pair would cost her close to 150 dollars, but it was an accident. She wasn't going to make him spend any money for accidentally breaking her glasses. He left in a shuffled hurry and was soon replaced by Tobias who had looked to be wielding a very blurry stick. She knew it to be his spear and was now afraid of it now more than ever.

Vision and sharp objects were a no go.

"Hi, Tobias. I, well, here."she said simply, digging (carefully this time) into her satchel and retrieving her purple and black star. "You see the writing? It says 'The race is not just for the swift, but for those you can endure.' It--"

BAKKA!

Kenzi flinched for a moment, before continuing. "It is the motto I was brought to train with since I am not the fastest. The etchings make the shuriken cut through the air easier, giving it more of a glide, and a direct track to vital organs."she said with a shrug and a smile, holding her star out for him to observe. Kenzi's large blue eyes fixiated on what she figured was his spear and reached out for it before her fingers curled back.

"I...I'm not so sure I should..."she whispered, still looking down at the distorted weapon in her eyes.

[/DASH]

As Brant pulled a vacant chair closer his face twitched with the loudness of the axe clattering against the desk. It was definitely a heavy weapon. He removed his shield from his back and eased it to the ground and leaned it against his seat, he remained sitting so the chair didn't get pushed aside by the weight, and listened to her words. Right, he hadn't explained his weapon like he should have. "I'm Brant and that mace" he nodded to it as she picked it up "Has a steel core through the wooden shaft that is attached to the head. It's very basic, one of the school's cheap models." He hadn't missed the little challenge in her tone or the look in her eyes.

His own brown eyes looked away from hers as he almost smiled, reminded of someone back home. He weathered her cocky demeanor and looked at the axe in front of him. Gripping the shaft at the middle and at the end he hefted it off the desk.
With his calm voice he said "This is a bit heavier than my other mace." Brant hadn't meant to let slip he had a different mace, it had been an unusually extravagant gift from his grandpa and parents. Even though he loved it and his family dearly it was an embarrassingly nice gift to just be walking around with, made out of a material that was unknown to him. With careful effort Brant made little chopping motions using a single hand to wield the axe but after a few little chops he switched back to holding it with two hands. Maybe she was justified in her cockiness, if only a little bit.

Tatsukie sweated a little. He had just realized that his professor had asked for an explanation on the weapons history, not his in particular. He looked down at the floor for a bit. The whole class was looking at him and he had made a complete fool of himself. That is what he got for thinking about the fight this morning. Oh well. There was nothing he could do now. If the class laughed he would just deal with it. The class however, didn't laugh. They only looked at the next student who explained, and then so on and so forth. Tatsukie was relieved.

He couldn't help but look over at Ireland. She was an Elite student. Why would she go out of her way just to help them out. Maybe, she had an another motivation for doing so. Then again, she could have just been kind in nature. Tatsukei stared at her and never broke his sight off of her. She was strong, very strong. It would have even been cool if he could get closer to her. Close enough to strike a conversation and learn more about her fighting style. He also wanted to think her for helping him out as well.

Rolan Sensei had begun speaking again and Tatsukei gave him his full attention. The class quieted down and not even a pin tap could be heard. Rolan was somewhat scary when he spoke and eve n gave him chills at times. He had made an announcement about pairs and Tatsukie listened closely. When Rolan said that he would be paired with Ireland, a slight smile spread on his lips. It seemed that he received his wish of getting closer to Ireland. This was great. He would get to talk to her and know more about her.

Tatsukei began walking through the crowd. Everyone was walking around and some even bumping into each other. Including him as on of the people being bumped. Was it really all that serious? He sighed as he was bumped once again. Only this time, it felt like he bumped into a wall. Tatsukei shook his head and sighed, then looked up. He rubbed the back of his head and dropped his hand once he could see who it was. There was no doubt about it. By the looks of the bald head, and the way it reflected the sunlight in a glisten, peering through the window behind him. There was no mistaking it. It was baldy.

Baldy looked down at him with a glare, while his arms were folded across his chest. Tatsukie and baldy engaged in a stare down, none seeming to budge. Finally, Tatsukie gave a smile and a thumbs up. He guessed that pissed baldy off even more, because he huffed and wrinkled his nose, as if to say that he was a smart ass little punk. Tatsukie maintained the thumbs up, even as he turned away and headed towards Ireland.

He stopped about two feet away from her. He was still skeptical about her, since she was an Elite Year student. She may have helped them, but it could have been a cover-up. A plot so that she could bully them herself. But, the thought of her helping him out was interesting. Tatuskie moved again and stood left of Ireland. He didn't know how to start off a conversation, since he never really talked much. Well, there was a first time for anything. Through the crowd of chattering,

"Hey, Ireland. I guess you and I will will be working together. I look forward to it." He said, hoping that he did okay for his first time actually talking.

"Hello there... Er, Geoffrey, was it? Oh, never mind that, let's just get this going."
Holding out the comparatively banal weapon for his assigned partner to observe, no sort of pride or respect was held in Adam's eyes. A pistol that was by no means (by his standards) interesting, he would naturally show little enthusiasm in showing off such a weapon, and the switchblade he held in lieu of a scalpel was too small to be considered anything special. In actual fact, he was only allowed into the school because of his precision slices, but hatred of healing. Had he had his way, the bonesaw he had sneaked in with his luggage would be the weapon on the table, not a gun or a knife he had been ordered to use. He loved his saw - the serrated edge was comparable to a line of shark teeth, and could slice through flesh with ease. Bone posed only a minor obstacle to him - with modern alloys and sharpening methods, its purpose had been made a whole lot easier, even if it was not so widely used as before. The pointed part on the end of the actual saw made for a makeshift piercing weapon, which allowed some form of variation in attacks, though not enough to be considered diverse. Though, as it stood, he was only handing over a Sig Sauer P226. "It's nothing special, really. I was given it by the school, because they won't let me use a bonesaw, despite my prowess with one, and my ability to perform 'aggressive field surgery' quite efficiently. Personally, I think guns kill people too quickly, or don't cause enough pain when they only injure somebody. I mean, look at this puny thing. It is so tiny... And, compared to the other weapons on display here, it seems ridiculously puny."

Emil glanced around the class and singled out Lance as the student looking somewhat indifferent. With little grace, Emil got up and moved over to Lance, taking out his 3 knives, dropping them on the table. After a moment, he reaches down to his leg and brings up a fourth knife that was on his leg. He looks at the scythe, and remains wary of it, only having seen them used in videogames his brother played and in history books he'd read. He'd never actually seen one used as a weapon, and at the same time never realized how deadly they could be, according to the history lesson Lance had given. The idea of a scythe being used as a weapon seemed, well.... That's pretty badass actually.

After a brief moment of silence, Emil offers his hand to Lance to shake.

"Err.. I'm Emil, I guess you've probably figured out by now." Emil felt pretty dumb saying it, but at the same time felt that it should be said nonetheless.

Lance half-listened to the remaining students give their weapon histories while thinking about what other irritations he may have to suffer through today. He wasn't particularly well-liked by much of the staff, especially after last year's incident, and expected to get a few of them as teachers this year. On the other hand, he was both feared and or respected by many of his fellow Elites, with the exception of the over-confidant, idiotic, or overly-idealistic who never learned that chivalry died. Between the desire to avoid pissing him off that most students share and his family's wealth, he was in no short supply of people to keep him amused in some way shape or form.

His thoughts were rudely intruded upon as Rolan announced the project. Lance had learned at a young age the dangers of allowing facial expressions and body language from betraying emotion and thought, and had no trouble hiding his annoyance with the whole thing. He waited silently at his desk, elbows resting on the desktop and his hands clasped in front on his mouth, while the student he could only assume to be Emil approached. He took note of his eyes, an odd purple color. When he offered his hand, Lance returned the gesture and shook his hand. "Lance. Likewise." He held his blunted scythe at arm's length and offered it to Emil. "I already explained most of the important details on scythes, but for special meaning of this particular weapon we'll start with it being unable to do half of what scythes actually do. Even harvest wheat. The blade is blunted and can't cut. This is the scythe they gave me after an incident last year. I'm only allowed to carry my actual scythe on school grounds under certain circumstances." During his last sentence, the loud noise of Georgia's axe was heard throughout the room. He paused and repeated the part that had been interrupted without delay.

BAAKKA

Kenzi had been right in the middle of explaining the finer details of her shuriken when the distinct slam of Georgia's ax resonated through the entire class. Everything hushed for a moment while damn near all of the students with the exception of Kenzi turned to confirm what the noise was. After a moment, Kenzi continued with the explanation on her shuriken's inscription. Tobias had never known the writing on her weapons were more than decorative or inspirational, much less that they gave her shuriken a more efficient flight pattern.

Tobias was surprised to see Kenzi hesitate about taking his spear from him. It quickly dawned on him that perhaps he was ignoring her lack of glasses a bit too much. After all, not trying to make her feel any worse and treating her like she still had her normal vision were not the same thing.

"It's fine if you're not comfortable handling it right now." Tobias spoke calmly and set his spear down in the middle of the desk, should she decide otherwise. "If you don't change your mind before our next class starts then you're welcome to see it later, if you'd like." he added before changing the subject. "In the mean time, may I get a closer look at those shuriken of yours?" Tobias leaned closer as he asked, his voice still very even toned.
His speech was forced, but practiced. Speaking casually when something unnerving was happening was a skill many fighters learn. Out of the corner of his eye he could see the head of Georgia's ax being raised into the air. In his previous year, being wary of that sight had become second nature and Tobias fought the impulse to pay attention to any motions that ax made. Instead he kept his gaze fixed on Kenzi and her throwing stars. "I know I never got much of a chance to tell you this last year but I was impressed by your accuracy and throwing technique during weapons demonstration." The statement slipped out before Tobias even realized he had given her such a compliment. He immediately came up with a follow up question, hoping not to embarrass her or give anyone who may have overheard the wrong idea. "Could you give me some more insight on the way you throw them?"