Academy for the magically gifted IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Temm

Okami stared at the young boy, still trying to cover his ears because of the noise.

"Argh…Guess it's ok" He said while looking at the strange character with a serious face.

Guess I'll have to start…Tsch, I hate it He though while staring at the water based character.

Het, my name it's Okami…What's yours? Sorry if I scared you, that wasn't my intention" He said to the boy.

"Tsch…I can't believe that I'm really doing this, it's a waste of time… But, I can't leave until I know more about him… He though while waiting for a response of the young boy.

Okami noticed that most of the people were starting to look at them, this made him feel a bit annoyed.

Lyra walked away with a glance at Okami. He's pretty cute. I have to find some way to control these flashbacks... Wiping away her tears, Lyra walked with a sense of hope. She looked around at the campus from where she was. She was near the building where her first class was. She noticed a crowed gathering around a boy...or what looked like a boy. Even Okami was there, talking to it, whatever he...was. She decided she would wait until they finished talking. Lyra took out her koto out of its bag and started to play.

Last edited:
Kaneki walked unto the campus and surveyed the landscape. The school was clean. That was what hit him first. There was green grass and trees, a water fountain, and the buildings looked so high up Kaneki thought they might be scraping the heavens. He grimaced as he thought this. "Heaven isn't the greatest place for a demon like me," he said to himself. He began to walk along the courtyard, taking in the smorgasbord of smells which drifted to him. It was like the many essence of the earth had been captured into one large container, the school. Without the other students around though, the courtyard had the potential to be a serene environment. Peace and serenity were more important to him than he could ever attempt to explain. They kept his good side strengthened and his dark side bottled up. There were no persons who could be considered teachers to be seen around the campus. "I guess there in a meeting ," he said, once more to himself. He caught sight of a...........creature who's body appeared similar to a jelly-fish. "That is certainly very.......interesting." He saw a stone bench and went over to it. He sat down and took one of his text books, "Rudimentary Sigils for Beginners" from his bag and began to skim through. That would occupy his time until the bell rang for classes.

@Temm

Okami saw at the crowd gathering around them, he was able to hear all the whispering that was going over the place, he started getting a bit nervious because of the amount of people surrounding them.

"Hey, can you tell me your name?" He said to the strange kid while waiting for a response.

This is non sense, why am I doing this? He asked himself while waiting a response of the strange character.

Okami saw through the crowd and noticed an odd boy, he was like nothing out of the normal, he was asking what was that guy doing there. (Kaneki…)

@Jhuton

Abel Marson, lightblue
Abel looked around nervously as the smell of bubblegum filled the air. He was on the brink of tears from all the people looking at them and nattering. He suddenly heard Okami talking and he nodded, forcing a very shaky smile back on his face. 'Okami, right, remember that. You can't ask him his name ever again.' he thought to himself.

"A-Abel." he said nervously, as he did the crowd's nattering began to pick up. He saw as the boy in front of him seemed to look past him towards another boy. Abel tried to follow where he was looking and saw the same person before looking back to Okami. "U-uh I need to go." he muttered then walked past him, finding an opening in the group before moving past.

He soon found his way to a corner. He moved around it and hid against the wall, leaning against it as he breathed heavily. He didn't really need to breathe as much as people but to keep his slime moving he did need a small amount of energy and therefore oxygen. He looked up at the ceiling and sighed in relief as he slid down to sit against the wall.

@Temm @Roxshi @Jhuton

Okami saw Abel trying to run away from the situation.

"Huh, Abel…I see" He said while staring at Abel.

Well, guess I should wait for the classes to start, but…before" He though while going to the back part of the building.

"Finally a quiet and silent place, there was too loud with all those persons" He said to himself while morphing his hand into a claw.

"Now what?" He asked himself while using his claw to make a mark in the building walls, for some reason he wasn't able to scratch the walls.

"Interesting…It seens like there's some kind of barrier protecting the building's walls" He though while his hand back to human form.

Kurami drove up into the school parking gates and parked her car alongside the other teachers'. She sat there for a moment or two letting it sink in what she'd gotten herself into. She was nervous, without a doubt. She feared for the conditions she was agreeing to work under. What if, all this power and teenage angst in this centralized place were to blow up in a catastrophic event? She had no intention to keep thinking about the negative possibilities. She was here to teach these kids to handle themselves responsibly and with the necessary composure that would ensure them to graduate as fully functioning members of the supernatural world.
Kurami took a deep breath and headed towards a large archway where she caught glimpses of a number of students.

Aleister was ecstatic to be attending for the first year at the "Academy for the Gifted". He practically jogged into the courtyard where he saw some new and unsuspecting faces. Aleister being his typically boisterous and overtly fearless attitude stood tall in the middle of the crowd, cleared his throat, and shouted at the top of his lungs,
"Good morning staff and students! This is Aliester Tempest speaking with your morning announcements! First of all, I bet you're all excited to have started here at the Academy! Me too! Second, to all the tough guys around here; I'm a spitfire man! We can either be friends or we can settle things like fools! That'll be all for morning announcements! If you're a hot chick and can hear me clearly I encourage you to unbutton your blouses so we can get this year started on a rather beautiful note!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Okami's enhanced senses aware him about the noisy boy in the crowd, he decided to go and check why all this riot over the place, he walked serenely toward the crowd staring at the disrespectful and loudly guy in the center of the campus.

"How mean…How disrespectful, how could he said those things all loud without any kind of shame, someone should teach him some manners" He thought while looking at the boy with a serious gaze from a distance.

Okami noticed that the teachers where already arriving at the school.

"Uh, I see, this should be starting soon." He tohught while staring at the main building.

Kurami was taking a leisure stroll up and down the campus getting a baring for where things were located. She passed by a clear area where she saw a large group of teenagers.
"This must be the courtyard where the..."
Kurami paused as she heard an obnoxious boy shouting at the other students. How disrespectful, it's the first day and this kid is already trying to make a fuss.
Then it struck Kurami, she remembered that there was a meeting to happen with the other teachers. She looked down at her watch to see the time. Mortified and stricken with immediate guilt... Kurami was late. She quickly got a glimpse of the boy's face, she'll deal with that later.
She dashed off into the direction of the meeting room following signs to her destination. When Kurami arrived she quietly turned the door knob and popped her head in.
"I...I am so sorry for being late."
Kurami hurried to a seat and pulled out a notebook and pen.

Leon Acuna, grey
Leon laid back in his chair, tapping the desk. Everyone was present, although his dear husband Kii (lime pie) was ten minutes late. He looked at the man angrily but his fluffy tail between his legs just made it so he couldn't be mad at him any more. He sighed and leaned over, kissing Kii's cheek. "Good morning Kii lime pie~" he said with a chuckle before looking back at the front door. Suddenly the door opened slightly and a blond haired head peeked over.

"Good morning Miss Durohime, it's the first day, you're excused of your lack of punctuality." he explained with a smile. It quickly faded as he leaned over the table slightly "just don't make it a repeat offence" he added, watching her as she sat down. He sighed and sat up in his chair, looking around the circle of chairs with a smile. "Right, well, welcome to your first days of educational work in the AMG, the Academy for the Magically Gifted." he said cheerfully.

"I assume you have all familiarised yourselves with the school schedules. We have illusionary staff on board thanks to the wonderful Miss Pearl for outside of lessons, so your class times are all you need to worry about." he explained. "You will most likely be teaching almost every lesson period due to students being able to make their own schedules." he added "so be prepared to work for those five hours every day." he said, then stood up. "Now, first lesson begins in..." he said, pausing to look at his watch "five minutes." he said then walked over to the counter. "Enjoy!" he said with a chuckle as he began to make himself a cup of tea.

Velnor Kerne, Purple
Velnor listened whilst reading his book and then stood up and power walked to his class, avoiding anyone or anything on the way. He had the second biggest classroom in the building mainly due to the immense amount of help he gave and his stubbornness. The walls were clad with shelves with tools and vials, there was a back cupboard filled with potions and ingredients and a good quarter of the room is occupied with a long desk with several odd looking tools. That was Mr Kerne's desk, any student even beginning to approach it would be caught before reaching it. He also had a podium in front of it for him to stand at.

"Perfect." he said, turning a tool two point three degrees to the left. He then went and sat at his podium, waiting for lesson to start. This was the make or break point for students, late students would not be deemed good enough for his full attention and if anyone disrupted his class they would gain no positive attention from the tentacle haired man. But he was willing to pick out a few students as his star pupils, students capable of intense concentration, perfect punctuality and above average intelligence. It was quite the benefit for any student to be his prodigy as potions can be more powerful, and permanent, than any spell. Today may change student's lives forever, perhaps some may have to learn to live with a tail, being a foot shorter or being pink. All the potion recipes he had planned were positive effects with nigh harmless negative effects should they mess it up.

Vincent Ethren, brown
Vincent nodded along to the things the headteacher said and hopped off his chair before scuttling down the halls. He did have the biggest room, well, it was technically two rooms. Vincent shared ownership of the gym and the fields on the campus with Miss Durohime. He only just managed to scrape Mr Kerne not taking the gym to fill with bizarre machinery, odd looking ingredients and shelves filled with vials, thankfully he managed to persuade him with a simple payment of a single physical examination, after all Vincent is the only sentient rabbit this side of the world, Mr Kerne was rather interested. He didn't regret doing it too much but his insides haven't felt the same since.

He began to set up the gym with punching bags, medicine balls, several combat mats and put two signs on the walls. One side was for people who wanted to incorporate magic with their physical combat, and the other side was for the physical only combatants. He sighed, huffing a little after teleporting all the equipment about the room, he couldn't exactly drag it all in time after all. He may be a tough little rabbit but he's still a little rabbit. He works more with agility than strength, although he could still lift more than the majority of the students taking his class could. He began to punch one of the punching bags to work up before class started.

Emily Pearl, Violet
By the time the introductory meeting was over and done with, Emily had already seemed to disappear from the room and all three of her were in their classrooms, sat at their desk, ready to teach. For English she had a small 'get to know you' class where people said the last book they read and their favourite book, they then would be discussing the fine details of genre. For maths she had a group task which everyone would have to work together in a group to figure out several algebraic equations. For science she had a whole class challenge to put together, each student would be given an element from the periodic table and they would have to get into order without any sort of guide or diagram. She knew students would probably find this all boring but she didn't care, she found it interesting.

Kurami threw her notebook back in her bag and shuffled out of the meeting room and down the hall towards the gym. She walked in impressed with the time taken by the school to prepare things for the students. She glanced over to one side and saw a small, greyish rabbit beating the crap out of a punching bag. She recognized him from the teacher meeting and figured he was the physical combative teacher. She removed her coat revealing a sleek, black tank top. She hung up her coat and put her long hair up into a tight bun while proceeding across the gym intending to speak with the rabbit.
"Excuse me," she said clearly keeping her distance.
"Kurami Durohime, nice to meet you. I was interested in perhaps working out a schedule for who takes the gym, field, or courtyard on which days so our classes don't disrupt each other."
Kurami stood there with her hands on her hips and fat grin across her face.

Vincent Ethren, brown
The rabbit spun, his leg about head height as he teleported each time it almost hit the bag so he picked up speed to impossible acceleration for most living things and swiftly slammed his foot into the bag, sending it, and the frame which was attached to the floor, into the far wall. He then looked towards the woman who had just entered and teleported close to her, looking up at her from about crotch height to her.

"Yeah, Vincent Ethren." he said, teleporting behind her "I guess we should do that, how about we take it in turns every day." he said "if you've got plans for a lesson that needs to be either inside or out then tell me." he said then teleported in front of her, head height, constantly teleporting rapidly to feign floating.

"I'm pretty flexible, if we clash for plans then well, sparring would be a fun way to deal with it." he said, then teleported to the punching bag he launched across the room then teleported it back to it's original place. "I'll have the gym today, you can have it tomorrow, that okay with you?" he asked.

@Temm (I think...)

Okami noticed that his alarm was ringing, it was already time for he classes to start, his schedule show him that his first class was Math. He walked away the crowd which was already separating, he entered to the main building where the classes are supposed to take place. He walked through the class's building.

"Where could be the class room?" He asked himself while looking at the doors in the hall.

After some minutes Okami finally found the class room with the word "Math" on the door, he quietly opened the door and entered to the room.

"Good Morning teacher" He said while looking for a disposable desk.

Emily Pearl, Violet
Emily looked over as the boy came into the room and smiled "good morning." she replied, placing books on a shelf "take a seat anywhere you like." she added, reaching down for another stack of books and filled another shelf with them.

"While you wait you should try think of your favourite book and the last one you read!" she suggested with a smile, continuing to fill shelves with books. She then went over to the the front and began to write with her illusions, making it seem like the words 'please think of your favourite book and the last one you read in preparation' appeared in the air.

@Temm

Okami waked though the room and sited on the desk in middle left of the room and followed Emely's orders.

"My favorite book…Well, it could be "Reaching the Sky" by Kamila Turner, it's a pretty intersting story, but…No, my real favorite book…"Basic Paths for Magical Energy Control" by Claus Freyt. Yea, that one, I just love it, the last book I readied was…"Killer Stance" by Phederick Morph, yea that's right" He thought while staring at the roof, he saw the teacher's abilities and was very surprised about them.

"Teacher, those are very interesing abilities, and my favorite book is "Basic Paths for Magical Energy Control" by Claus Freyt, the last book I readied was "Killer Stance" by Phederick Morph…And….Why do you want to know which are my reading preferences? I shall ask." He said to the teacher while staring at the letters in the air.

Emily Pearl, Violet
Emily finished writing with her illusions and smiled at his compliment. She was about to thank him but then realised he was talking strange. Readied? I shall ask? She had her work cut out with this one.

"Yes, well, keep that to yourself until later and we are all going to introduce ourselves and talk about our favourite books for the first lesson." she explained "an easy lesson for the first one seems good to me." she added.

A swirl of magic seemed to appear in the back right corner, an illusion of a mage reading a book appeared, it looked perfect. He looked over the book to Okami and then went back to it. "He's my anti disruption guard, so don't think you'll get away with conjuring anything unless I say to." she explained.

Realisation suddenly washed over Emily's face and she laughed loud "this is maths!" she said, clicking and the books and words disappeared "how embarrassing." she said, beginning to fill the room with mathematical posters and the like.

Last edited:
@Temm

Before giving a response to the teacher Okami realized his orthographic fault and looked down awkwardly while trying to think a way of correcting his mistake, he was sure that the teacher noticed too because of her expression.

"Uh? Sorry, teacher, I just realized a mistake in my spelling, sorry for that misunderstanding" He said while trying to hide the shame that he was feeling in that moment.

Okami stared at the illusion coming out from the corner, he then listened to the teacher words and thought.

"Wow, so this is like high level magic looks like" He thought while staring at the illusion.

"I understand teacher, don't worry, I don't have great magic control, so even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to conjure it" He said to the teacher with a little smile.

Emily Pearl, Violet
She raised a brow, what was this boy going on about? Spelling? He wasn't writing anything. She shook her head and shrugged it off. "Yes, I'm quite good at the old summoning!" she lied, not that it was detectable, "that guy could fry a dragon if he wanted!" she threatened.

She was terrified of being unable to deal with any kind of disruption so she tried to deter it ever happening with that 'summoning'. It wasn't exactly detectable to be an illusion by any student so it should work, nobody has ever called her bluffs before after all.

Once she had replaced the accidentally placed English stuff with maths stuff, she sighed and placed her arms against her hips. She then sat down at her desk and began to tap away on her laptop. "You can read or something while you wait for the other students." she said.

@Temm

Okami realized the new mistake in his speech. He was very ashamed to speak again, this was the first time in his life that he feels so bad, the feeling was so strong that the only thing that he could do was to put his head on the table and think about how there might be committed so many errors in a mere conversation.

" "Well, for sure this teacher already hates me, it can be seen in her face. Bad way to start the school" He thought as he closed his eyes.

He heard the teacher's suggestion, but... he was too ashamed to do something.

"Excuse me teacher, can I go to the bathroom?" He asked while trying to not see the teacher's face directly, Okami wasn't sure whether the question was feasible, as there was no one else it would be useless to ask permission, but he did so anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gia sat under a medium sized tree by herself, using it as shade while she read her book. She flipped through the pages in relative peace, not paying attention to the people or sound around her. She'd chosen the spot specifically because it was out of the way of scanning eyes. After all, she didn't want anyone to see her reading a romance novel, because even though she loved those types of stories, having others know about that wasn't something she wanted. That would make others think she was just another girly girl, which was something she resented greatly.

Glancing up from her novel as she heard the loud shout of a overly boisterous man, Gia let out a loud sigh. Seems we already have a dunderhead on scene. She thought to herself. Hopefully I can avoid having to deal with that. Looking down at her watch, Gia had a long stretch before putting a bookmark in her novel and stuffing it back into her bag. Classes were about to start so she brushed herself off upon standing up and made her way to her first class.

"Okay, so the gym should be this way, right?" Looking up from her schedule, Gia made a turn down the hallway, spotting location of her first class. Having physical combat first thing on a Monday was a good way to start in her opinion. Once she entered, she noticed a small lady talking to... a rabbit? Well, she expected to see much stranger things, but considering the fact that the lady and animal were the first ones in the classrooms, it seemed that there was a chance that the creature could possibly be her teacher. Ignoring that thought, she briefly looked at the signs on the walls and headed over to the side marked for physical only combat. It made sense to her since her powers weren't very good for physical confrontations. Leaning up against the wall, she simply waited for class to start or for the teacher to give out instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.