Just some gal who's a necromancer
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Genres
Fantasy Romance, Scifi
o6s9vxC.png

duLZ8bC.png

It was only three short weeks, but each day was long and grueling. Waking up with the Reveille blaring followed shortly be inspection. Some were more problematic than other, some might fail to keep their uniform in proper condition, or fail to keep their bed orderly and neat. And often times, these failings of their peers were placed upon all of them. Soon after they were brought to practice all kinds of weaponry. Some may have excelled at one more than another, but each was given its time as their focus, and drilled deep into their minds were standard forms and maneuvers. Of course swordplay was the least of their concerns. That could be trained at a later time.

For them, when exercise was not their main focus, they were brought to "The Range" to practice the basics of what granted them this opportunity to begin with: Their access to Prima and Magic. They were taught the basics: How Prima is in essence, chaos. It is the possibility of all things, and that in order to properly harness it one must have a strong tie to something outside their own survival: A Devotion.

But while all this was difficult and might have convinced more than a few to settle on the loss of some of their freedoms. However, for those who stayed a new world opened up to them. Now, they have traded their group barracks for far more comfortable dorms, and the dozens of roommates with just 1.

In the Grand Hall of the Academy the feast is being held. It is a formal event, but as not all come from the wealthy families, there are a number of students wearing their formal Uniform rather than their own formal clothing. Perhaps by chance, or by fate, or by sheer dumb luck, a group of students find themselves seated nearby. Some might have forged minor bonds during basic training, others may have been too busy not passing out. But regardless, 13 soldiers, 13 new recruits all sit beside one another. Many come from Noble families, but some come from more... extraneous worlds.

There, sitting in an elegant black dress matched with a scarlet rose pinned in her hair sits the Mortar Family prospective successor, Angeline, who seems to be keeping up airs, and making idle chatter politely when talked to.

But that was when around their table, the blonde-haired young man stood up in front of his group, clinking a glass with a fork.
"Hey, hey! I know I might not know all of you, but I've never been too concerned about that sort this thing. So whether we knew each other or met in basic, or even if this is the first time we're speaking together for the first time, I want to say a few words. For as long as I stand, I'll dedicate my life and limb to you all and keep everyone safe, or else I, Taric, am a failure to the Everthorn Family name. So then, since we're going to likely be entering into battle together soon, I say we each introduce ourselves. But I warn you, I'm terrible with names."

He looked around the table at all the faces nearby, soon landing upon the beauty in the black dress, who smirks as she shrugs. "Oh dear, if you insist. I've heard of the persistence of the Savior of the Everthorn family. Very well then. Angeline of House Mortar. I do believe I see others who share my name here as well. To my dear cousins, please, no need to feel intimidated. My position in the house does not dictate my position in A.R.M.S. We are equals at this table" Her voice was calculated, diplomatic. She clearly meant to abide by her words, even if they felt only for show.

Naomi- #bde0fe
Arden- #168aad

Arden really didn't want to be at this dinner much more than Naomi did and yet here they both were, sitting miserably at a table with about 13 other people all crowded together. It was a mostly female group, Arden noted, something that made him slightly uncomfortable. Worse if it was anything like those from his barracks who had passed the group would be a conglomeration of idiots trying to kill each other over the last slice of pizza and he'd be stuck cleaning up the mess. "I hope to god I'm wrong."

He was not wrong.

Taric, the man who had stood up first, had delivered such a cringe inducing speech that Arden had to face palm. He nearly did so with the table but considering he was still in public Arden had decided against it. Naomi, who had chosen a lovely fluttery dress, had no qualms pointing out the issue at hand as soon as the lady in the black dress was done.

"Your speech resembles that of a much hated, thick headed anime character with no sense of tact."

Now Arden wanted to bury himself.

So far things had crashed and burned like a house on fire and it had been less than sixty seconds, but was Nao done? Oh no, how could she be? There was so much more to point out. The woman, who looked like an immaculate porcelain doll, continued to spew out the most tactless observations about the second speaker.

"Your words show deception and untruthfulness. I doubt that your wish is for others not to be intimidated, in fact you likely thrive off the rush. I surmise that you are not someone to be trusted."

"Naomiiiiiiii"

Naomi looked genuinely puzzled at her friends reaction, cocking her head to the side."Was my statement incorrect?"

"No, but it wasn't nice either." Arden pointed out, his face firmly planted in his palm as the table fell into silence for a moment. Arden took a moment to collect himself and stood, straightening the navy suit he'd been cajoled into wearing by his parents. "You will have to excuse my partner's behavior, she's not exactly used to people. As it seems we are doing introductions I shall go next. My name is Ardent of house Fenneth, and my companion is Naomi Saivis."

"You should not state my house name. It is not as if I have a home to go back to."

Arden resisted the urge to sigh out loud at his companion and ignored her comment. "It is a pleasure to meet you all. I look forward to our acquaintance going forward"

'And please do not make my life harder'
Arden thought to himself, sitting back down and waiting for the next person to introduce themselves.

1648445602623.png

Izana
Taiki

Izana observed everything that had gone on so far quietly and with respect, having given a glance to his brother for a moment or two, before turning his attention from one speaker to the other. In truth, part of it was him trying to get a feel for the others, how they spoke, acted, carried themselves, etc. It wasn't until hearing the exchange between Arden and Naomi, before he chose to chime in, figuring it was best not to go last. Despite this, however, he would have to choose his words correctly, both to remain sincere and truthful, as well as not to create any impression of insincerity. "My name is Izana Kunigiri. It's a pleasure to meet those of you I haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting until now."

A simple enough statement, he had thought. But he started to doubt whether he had slipped up when the mostly-stoic, blank expression on his brother's face set itself more firmly, and with a single shift of his brothers gaze and a narrowing of his eyes started glaring daggers at him as if he were wordlessly interrogating him. "Taiki Kunigiri. I've been lucky enough to receive a sponsorship from the Mortar family, however. An opportunity I am most grateful of." The last half of that being directed moreso in Angeline's direction, having no reason to be impolite or ungrateful. It was here, however, that his words ended, and a few more moments glare-terrogating his brother, before he turns his attention back to the others around, wishing to give them their due, no matter where they come from.

Izana, having also fallen silent, frowns a little at Naomi's statement on her home, recalling just what happened to his own that prompted them to venture to Civilis in the first place, although he holds his tongue for the time being on this fact. So far, he had heard from someone who claimed to be a protector, a high-ranking member of one of the wealthy houses, a member of one of the other houses, and someone he could only imagine to be a relative of them, and this made him realize just why his brother had wordlessly criticized him so intently, both for speaking out of turn, as well as using a name that likely meant nothing to everyone else here.

Julien & Bianca
Mentions: Naomi | @IceQueen & Taric | @Reanimator Spuds

To Julien and Bianca, this feast was like a god came down and gifted them food they made with their own hands. Given that they were normally accustomed to food that would only work to fill their stomachs, they often never got the chance to eat delicious meals. Julien did get that chance once or twice, but he had to refuse those advances so as to not risk the other party feeling that he owed them something.

It took his everything to not just vacuum the food into his mouth, and he'd explicitly told Bianca before they got there to not do the same.

Bianca took it as a test of willpower, so it was a win-win.

The dinner itself was decent enough, though uneventful. Many new faces for Julien to memorize and for Bianca to try and familiarize with. He'd scanned the audience, deciding who was worth talking to and who he might have difficulties with. Bianca, on the other hand, didn't know how Julien could go to these events and feel like... he belonged. She'd put on a formal black dress that just met the floor and some low pump heels (since she wasn't accustomed to those sorts of shoes), but inwardly she felt it was rather awkward. Taric's speech and Naomi grilling into the guy didn't help with that feeling.

Julien 'hmm'ed softly. It wasn't any of his business, but there was a good chance that these people were going to be protecting him in battle. They had to have some chemistry with him and each other if Julien wanted to be properly protected.

"It's nice to see some skeptics; after all, not everyone can be moved by a simple speech." Julien commented once Izana and Taiki finished their introduction, it being obvious who he was referring to. He looked at Taric, a smile gracing his lips. "But someone of my skillset relies on a protector, Taric Everthorn. I hope you stay true to your word, otherwise I won't be able to keep you and our comrades healthy during the battle." Because, well, Julien would be dead first. And being dead wouldn't make him a very good healer, would it?

Julien took a sip from his drink, his smile was then directed at the small group. "My name is Julien, and this lady next to me is my sister Bianca." He placed a hand on Bianca's shoulder, who gave a wave to the others. "It's a pleasure to meet all of you. I look forward to working with you in the future."

With that, it was time to wait for someone else to introduce themselves, should they have the courage to.

Trixie looked rather bored as her "Cousin" spoke. up after Taric. No, bored wasn't the exact expression even if she remained silent on the matter. It was more like smoldering disdain. A bit more of an attitude with this one that her drill instructors just couldn't seem to break. It kept her alive and that was possibly the best out come for the fox eared one.

"Sure Ang, likely story..."

Her voice remained low as she spoke. Then someone else mirrored her thoughts outwardly even. Trixie looked to the girl before cracking a eccentric laugh at her words. Her friend began to speak up and noted that she didn't exactly show couth when speaking out of turn.

"No, no... We're all friends here, right? Let the girl speak her mind. I find her honesty... Refreshing."

Trixie folded her hands over one another after gesturing to Naomi specifically in a casual manner. It was clear she too had no respect for family ties. That became more apparent when she explained "she had no where left to turn." Trixie and the girl were kindred spirits in that sense. Both in the same raft about to go down a flowing river of their own creation without paddles from how she made it sound. Then two more came to reveal how at least one of them had acquired a sponsorship from the loving house.

She rolled her eyes at the mere thought. It wasn't because she was any less well off but simply because of the fact she didn't like how snooty people could be. The girl had seen a humbling transition before coming here. One she would not speak on.

Unlike most of the young women here she had a more boyish attire. Well, not exactly... She still sported a dress. Cream colored, long, and flowing. It also had decorative brown vine like tendrils reaching up from the ground and over her mid section.

Dress.jpg

The dress wasn't exactly the problem in fact it showed she had as much "class" as the others. It was the leather jacket she sported over her shoulders that threw it out the window. The sleeves were rolled up to her elbows. It had the academy logo sewn on the back which was probably the only reason it "passed" the dress code.

"My name is Trixie Mortar."

She offered her full name to the group of thirteen. She looked the group over with a sweet smile. Before lifting a tea cup in what Taric said initially. Then she took a small sip. It was clear from many things she did. She would undoubtedly be the troublemaker. An agent of chaos in the societal norm.

Last edited:
Reactions: FireDrake150
Kaili possessed no clothes that the Academy would consider either formal or appropriate, much less both, so she'd simply donned the military dress uniform instead. Though, after being accepted inside, she rolled up the sleeves of her shirt and jacket, and unbuttoned the first few buttons on each. It was stiflingly warm with so many people crowded inside, regardless of any air conditioning.

The food was the best thing there, so that's what she mostly paid attention to. She had no idea who she was seated next to, nor did she intend to say anything to them at this point. But then, some guy started a speech, the latter part of which had her stifle a small giggle.

Kaili turned to face him when he was done. "Hey, Taric!" she waved at him happily, despite not having met him previously. "The first part wasn't bad, but that dedication stuff's a bit much, don'tcha think?" she questioned cheekily.

She soon forgot about the blonde when the picture of a 'prim proper lady' introduced herself. "Oh, Angie, was it? So, if we're not your cousins, should we be scared?" she laughed again.

Then, a very blunt girl offered her criticisms of the two who've introduced themselves so far. "And you," she pointed at Naomi with a grin, "shouldn't say others don't have tact when you yourself don't have any. Or 'was my statement incorrect'?" she mimicked Naomi's phrase, mostly as a joke.

"Hm, hm, Art, eh? Does 'partner' mean you and Nao are lovers? Or a team?" she cocked her head to the side curiously. Her attention was soon redirected elsewhere, because people kept introducing themselves faster than she could make proper conversation with anyone.

"Kunigiri! Including me, that's four so far without any of this house business. Oh, should I not count the sponsored brother, though?" that question was rhetorical, as Kaili was just saying part of her thoughts out loud.

"Jules, nice to meet'cha too. You like keeping things peaceful?" that referred to the fact that he'd tried to appease both Naomi and Taric by offering each of them a compliment. "That's a good trait to have," and this was Kaili's way of returning the favour of being nice back at him, though her compliment was rather basic compared to his own.

She returned Bianca's wave, but said nothing to her, because the girl hadn't either.

"Trixie! I like your name, it's like a nickname already. Oooh, and is it finally my turn, then? It's Kaili Azar! I'm from Relevora. Some of you call us 'sea scum', I think!" based on her cheery tone, Kaili didn't seem bothered by that fact. However, her grin was a tad sharper, and in her eyes burned a desire to prove anyone who thought lesser of her or her people wrong.

Well, well. What a fine mess this formal dinner was turning out to be so far. She was surrounded by idiots and egomaniacs alike. And in the interest of fairness, some otherwise polite and/or reasonable people. Including her new """sibling""", Arden. Astrid hadn't come across him much in the weeks since she'd been adopted in the family, but she knew well enough that another member or two of the Fenneths would be attending the academy in her class. Hopefully, he wasn't too chuffed about the fact that a servant of the family was suddenly raised to his level. Otherwise, he had the potential to make life just a bit difficult for her.

As for the rest...well. Years of working and training in service to the nobility had inured her to the fact that there was very little difference in attitude or intelligence between the classes. Only in opportunity. And it came up again today. There were loud, rude idiots among both the bluebloods and peasants alike in this motley gathering. How charming. Still, that could be worked around.

Astrid shifted slightly in her dark blue formal dress as it finally came to her turn to speak. Well. Time to do her best to make a good first impression, then.

"Astrid Fenneth. Recently adopted into the family." She nodded politely in Arden's direction before raising her drink glass. "A toast, then. Success and glory to us all in the coming years."

Reactions: FireDrake150
Unlike, it seemed, many of those present, Lumikki actually quite enjoyed formal events. Formal wear could be somewhat stiff, but if you made the right choices you could be comfortable and still look good. She was tall and slender, with a head of long black hair, so she made the most of it in a close-fitting boat-necked silk blouse that showed off her elegant neck and collarbones, revealed by her updo. It was made appropriately modest by an asymmetric overdress in midnight blue wool, set off with gold jewellery that could - as a nod to her famillial paranoia - double as light weapons. The skirt of her overdress was open to one side to show off well-turned legs encased in silken breeches. The effect was subtle but stunning.

edf602ca8662b4cef6e8794176b3e6c3.jpg

She waited a while for the introductions to go ahead. Grandfather had coached her on keeping her head in such situations.

"People will tell you who they are, and show you what they are, if only you have ears to listen and eyes to see," he'd said. Impatience had long been beaten out of Lumikki, quite literally. She knew how to watch, to wait, to absorb what she could of friend and foe alike, and to discern which was which.

Just because someone was on the same team didn't mean they were on your side.

Lumikki almost absently speared a grape on her fork and peeled it with a knife, barely sparing a glance before she popped it into her mouth.

She chewed, swallowed, took her glass.
"Astrid Fenneth. Recently adopted into the family." She nodded politely in Arden's direction before raising her drink glass. "A toast, then. Success and glory to us all in the coming years."

"I second that toast," she said, her voice husky and low. "Lumikki of the Heartblossom clan. Success and glory to us all."

Replik was still getting used to his newfound responsibilities as the new "face" of Fenix. He was still used to just working behind the scenes for the most part. But the sudden "retirement" of the one of main faces has pushed him to the forefront. He's been trying to "stay" in character, but apparently, his predecessor had left quite a bad impression on the general public, described to be snobbish and aloof at times.

Unlike the previous clone, this one didn't seem to mind the company of people, choosing to sit on a normal table as opposed to a VIP table, despite protest from his bodyguards. Wearing a red suit with a feather cape, along with his outlandish hairstyle, he easily stood out from the rest. It wasn't the outfit he would choose, but he didn't want to waste it or raise suspicion since the one before him seemed very fond of it.

1648558532219.png
He overheard the conversation the others were having, it wasn't much but they seemed like an interesting group of people. Some of them were from the big three, while the others were from other families. Nothing out of the ordinary so far. In fact, this Taric person seemed so passionate that he was willing to give a rousing speech for no apparent reason. He listened intently to their introductions, part of his job as the face is to keep up a friendly appearance. Some of the girls have already started socializing with each other, giving each other nicknames. Nice. He thought about how to join in on the conversation but he didn't feel like there was anything meaningful to add.

After a light snicker, he decided a simple introduction should suffice. "Replik Fenix, from Elysium Industries." He raised his own glass with a smile. He wouldn't be surprised if some of them heard of him, since he (or the clone before him) was the latest poster boy of the company. "I look forward to working with all of you." There was a sense of professionalism in his tone, making it sound more like something said in a business meeting rather than a social gathering.

Ivo pulled their hooded cap a little tighter, it was one of the more formal caplets their mother ordered, over a one-piece black suit topped with a white neck scarf and few accessories, along with long sleeves and socks to cover up the marble, paper white skin signature to their family. Mother always likes to order me strange clothes. That's what Ivo thought. One thing about the hood was that it covered up the back of Ivo's head, as well as the eyes that grew there. It was a strange sensation, Ivo had trouble controlling their eyes and they often move and rotate around. "Weird". Or "Disgusting" were the common reactions to those orbs that sat within Ivo's flowery crown, it created the habit of wearing the hood. It was strange for half of your field of view to be covered up, but Ivo knew that everybody else can only see in front of them. They always wondered how was it possible to feel safe when you're unable to see what's behind you, there could always be danger coming from behind.

MDIa1vGl.png

Tilting their head a little as the others introduced themselves one by one, there were a few interesting people, interesting enough that they took the attention off of Ivo. Shifting away from the person beside them a bit Ivo nibbled on a bit of food as they blankly stared at the others, it looked like they had their head down, but it was only because of how Ivo's eyes worked. Ivo hoped no one saw that as rudeness, that would be a poor start.

"Ivo— That's my name-" The voice came out as almost a whisper, a high-pitched one that dragged on slightly, it was as if the speaker half wanted to be heard and half didn't. The six wing-like structures perked up when Ivo spoke up with a small wave.

"I'm a— Wreathweaver, that's why I look...like this." Ivo was a bit intimidated as there wasn't anyone they knew, not even another from a Lightwall affiliated family, they were truly alone here, and can only hope for the best. And besides, even within the three families, the Wreathweavers were seen as at best enigmatic, and at worst crimes against nature.

"Hello—" Nice to meet you. Ivo wanted to say more but blanked out before the words could come out. The bright sky blue orbs in white strands of hair blinked a few times.

Last edited:
As the discussion started breaking out, Taric was quickly shot by the harsh words of the black haired girl with the icey gaze, calling his words something from a shonen anime... "W-Well... I may have taken some inspiration from 'Tales of the-' A-Anyway that doesn't change the fact that I meant it whole heartedly." But then the words for Angeline were stated and Taric could quickly see that tensions may rise, as she kept a smile, even as her jaw ground her teeth. "Well then, I'll keep things brief for now then. Let's all just enjoy tonight. You learn a lot about others at the dinner table."

There were certainly quite a few interesting faces at the table. He wanted to get to know all of them better

He took a seat and turned toward Kali, the chipper girl who called herself "Sea Scum" who was sitting a few spots down from him. "Kali, was it? What's it like near the ocean? I've always wondered, but I've never heard about it from someone who grew up there. Love to see it myself sometime." He tried to strike up conversation with her, feeling genuinely curious. There's so much nuance missed out when you only experience something briefly. What was there to gleamed when you grew up in it?

@SilverPaw

Angeline meanwhile was busy collecting herself. She was grateful that at least the girl from the brine did not lack any manners in quite the same way that this "Nao" did. Still there were many here that were linked closely to her own family. Bianca, Trixie, Lumikki, even Taiki. She wanted to ensure that she left a positive impression. After all, having them support her should she rise to Matriarch was invaluable. The Mainline of the Mortar family may make the decisions, but it is the deep running well of members that grants them those powers.

Well. Bianca, Taiki, I welcome you both and implore you to accept my Grandfather's offer. Accomodations will take you far, and there is no accomodation greater than one of the three Noble Families. If you ever wish to sample the Mortar Family hospitality, I'd be happy to oblige. And don't let the military presence scare you. Warriors we may be, but Barbarians we are not. Most of us any way."

@Jessica @FireDrake150

"Scum huh...? Far from it from what I can see, Ms. Azar! I too would like to see the sea."

Trixie extended her hand to shake the hand of the one who spoke so fondly of those at the table. Kaili from her perspective also seemed like one she could enjoy the company of as a friend much like Naomi. Even if the two seemed at odds because of different beliefs on how family works. The more Taric spoke she began to think a bit fondly of him too. When roars came from the "Kid's table" of a toast to "Success and Glory." Trixie kept her tea cup raised. Some of them seemed proud and they would be right to do so. The lot at the table were nobility after all.

However, this endeavor would only get harder from here. She hoped they would all know that none of their noble heritage would mean shit at the end of the day. Some of them had no place to return to. Others were the poster children of their respective house. Trixie from her perspective was just that. She was herself, family ties or not, That's how she would carry herself forward into the future.

New people came to announce themselves. A soft spoken Wreathweaver and a Fenix to further prove her point of "poster children." Celebrity status was something that seemed to continue as a theme at this table.

"Yeah, you guys should take all the support you can get."

Oddly enough she agreed with her cousin's outward expression of "helping" those less fortunate to ascend the proverbial latter. However, things completely took a one-eighty once the barbarian comment came out. A fine piercing glare came from the fox eared girl towards her cousin and that once bright smile even if sarcastic left her expression. A thin line between painted lips replacing it.

"You have something to say?"

Trixie asked in a more serious tone. Her more thuggish demeanor making itself known to the crowd.

"I can take a pair of scissors to this skirt and we can take this outside. We can see who's a "barbarian" then, no?"

She tilted her head towards the courtyard where no one would be the wiser.

"What's the matter Ms. Prissybottoms, only care about your image?"

She then asked the girl directly. She took to flexing fingers before balling one hand into a fist and clasping her other hand over it. A pop could be head coming from it. She repeated this process with the other hand before getting up in a calm manner as to not let security know her intent.

"Some of these people have more at stake then just a few mug shots from the paparazzi, you know? Boy scout over there gets it."

She referred to Taric specifically. She turned to him with a small smile. Letting him know she was a bit of a sucker for his speech and how much of a nerd he might have been. She thumbed to herself with pride.

"The Tales of series is great. Call me generic but I do like me a good Final Fantasy."

@SilverPaw @Reanimator Spuds

Taiki would listen to what Angeline had to say, giving a slight smirk, but nodding his head slowly and respectfully a single time. "To be quite frank, I proposed this arrangement instead of full induction, and not because I am personally hesitant, but because I need to consort with my siblings. My brother would no-doubt disapprove, and my sister, well, we'll leave her to her hopefully-progressing medical studies."
His attention immediately following this statement would be drawn by a certain fellow-Mortar. "This is hardly an appropriate time or place for that. Perhaps you should schedule something for later. Formal dinners are poor places for sparring matches. There are more than enough occasions, especially for us, that could be considered more appropriate. I suggest you pick one of those." Taiki's sharp, piercing gaze would be intently turned upon Trixie following his remarks, letting it's pressure off of his brother in full. "Perhaps I'll join in, Should you select the right time. Training is training, after all." His smirk flexing it's way into a more genuine smile, as he proffers his hand for a shake. "What do you say to that?"

---------
@Reanimator Spuds @Hillvale
---------

Izana, on the other hand, once his brother had sufficiently distracted himself, scanned the room, before coming to notice Ivo. While most might be hesitant to approach someone who looked so, well, those people would probably have words for it, Izana, on the other hand, wasn't like most people, least of all in those respects. Judging by the way he introduced himself, Izana could pick up on a little bit of shyness and possibly nervousness, resulting in him getting up and walking over to Ivo, slowly, but certainly. "Hello, Ivo, was it? It's good to make your acquaintance." The smile Izana would proffer alongside his hand would be soft and inviting, to the best of his ability. Being genuine and friendly were two things that Izana wished that others would see from him, especially during introductions, even if, in comparison to his brother, he was the more timid sibling. "How has your night been treating you so far?"

---------
@Cresion Breezes
---------

Ivo pulled a cup with milk in it in front of them, and then the sugar jar on the table, quietly pouring in half of the jar into the milk cup. The pile do sugar poked out of the top of the milk, stirring it didn't help much. Tilting their head while looking at the cup Ivo then pulled close the small container containing cream for coffees and teas, and again poured in half of the cream into the overly sugar-ed milk, finally thinning it out enough to be considered a "beverage", albeit a heavy one.

Taking a small sip Ivo felt content that no one noticed them here, the chattering was a bit disorientating, though it kept Ivo's head clear from any hallucinatory thoughts. That didn't last long though, as a voice from beside them, a voice that wasn't there previously spoke out.

"Eh-ah-" Ivo clearly jumped at the voice, the 'milk' in their cup swayed around a little, a few droplets fell on Ivo's skin. They were the exact same color, it blended in well.Turning their head quickly Ivo's hood fell off, revealing the entire circlet, gently moving with their breath. The blue eyes in the circlet all panned at the speaker, like multiple spotlights zoning in on the stage.

"...S...sorry. For...staring." Ivo said as their circle of blue eyes rotated away, only the few on the front were still in Izana's general direction.

It was all because of the hood, Ivo thought. If they could see all around them, they wouldn't have been shocked by this. This made Ivo believe more firmly that it was impossible to live safely when all you can see is what's in front of you.

"I'm fine, I..." Ivo spaced out a bit again, but that was a good thing for them. "...I can see things the right way, because there's people here that remind me...that's right. I am doing fine, sir. Thank you for your attention. It is appreciated." Ivo nodded slightly.

@FireDrake150

What happened next was interesting to say the least, as Replik got a short glimpse of the full splendor of Ivo's crown. He was wondering why they would hide such magnificence underhood. He took a sip of his tea before he spoke. "You shouldn't be sorry for what you are... if anything I think you look better without the hood. " He gave them a warm smile, before turning his attention to what they were drinking. "Though I will say you have a unique taste for tea." He snickered a bit at their choice of drink.

Right after that, he overheard someone talking about a fight, which obviously piqued his interest. He does after all consider himself as a combat connoisseur. "My my...isn't a bit early to throw down the gauntlet?" He responded to Trixie's comment about wanting to fight Angeline. "That being said, I am always up for a fight, if any of you are looking for one." Replik smiled as he continued to sip his tea. While he did have a high opinion of his own combat abilities, he is pretty sure that there were areas he can improve upon. And what better to learn than to fight your colleagues. He was more than just a pretty face, and he was ready to show that. Though, he did have a few of them that he was more interested in fighting, it's best he kept such thoughts to himself.

"However, I am curious to hear your explanation in one matter. What differentiates a Warrior from a Barbarian? Why would one be more preferable than the other?" He turned the discussion towards something more civilized and appropriate for the venue. While their military might was certainly intimidating, he felt that a balance of diplomacy wouldn't hurt every now and then.

@Cresion Breezes @Hillvale @Reanimator Spuds

Well. At least some of these people had the good sense to respond to her toast. Now, who to occupy her time with...? Arden would have been the logical choice. Astrid had barely seen him since she'd been adopted into the family, and his companion was relatively unknown to her. Saivis, hm? Judging by her words, it was a fallen house. Well. She'd always have time to question her "family" member later. In private. For now, Astrid would content herself with responding to the only other one to toast back.

"Heartblossom, was it?" Astrid nodded and smiled to Lumikki. "I believe I've heard of your family a few times. A cadet branch of the Mortars, yes? A pleasure to make your acquaintance." Hopefully, this wasn't the type of noble to rebuff her just because she was born a commoner. But if she was a Mortar, that seemed somewhat unlikely, given their martial focus. Anyone with Prima Waves was likely good enough for them. Hopefully. Astrid really didn't want her first social interaction at this academy to be a failure. It wouldn't look well for the reputation she was hoping to establish.

"How long do you believe our instructors will take before we can actually try to make a name for ourselves out in the field? Or even face each other? Our drills and the Range are starting to grow somewhat repetitive, no?"

@Ariel

Taiki pauses a bit at Fenix's interjection, glancing to him out of respect, But instead of offering a reply he just remains quiet, intending to let the question's subject answer the question instead, when he overhears Astrid's comments on going out into the field, fighting back a chuckle at the absurdity. Here they were, having hit a milestone in their training and education, and here is someone incredibly eager to rush to her own death. On the other hand, however, he realizes that, given his own past behaviour, he's not one that's qualified to judge. "My My, eager to rush to your death, aren't you?" He comments towards her after a handful of seconds. "Unless shit hits the proverbial fan, we're more likely to be put through some form of organized sparring and teamwork training before they ACTUALLY send us out there to fight one of them. None of us, in our current state, are likely ready to fight the titans. At least not alone. Trust me, I've tried."

Izana, however, looked to Ivo where his actual eyes are out of respect. "I for one agree with him, All of us here are unique and have our own roles and skills, you shouldn't worry so much about outward appearances. I just thought I'd come say hello, If I'm making you uncomfortable, please say something and I'll step away and leave you be, causing discomfort is the last thing I wish to do." He offers a soft, yet genuine smile. "no need to call me 'Sir' either, that would've been my father, were he still around."

@Cresion Breezes @Psyker Landshark @TreasureSniper

"Heh, thanks, Trixie! If you wanna visit, you can come over any time," Kaili replied as she took the offered hand and shook it. She watched curiously as her new (self-proclaimed) friend picked a fight with Angeline. It looked like Trixie was quick to anger. Still, she thought she might have something interesting to look forward to if the two did fight.

However, Taric addressed her then, and she reluctantly looked away from the argument. "It's Kai-li," she corrected. "Unless you were trying to shorten my name, in which case it's fine! I don't yet know what to do for yours, though…Tar or Ick is a no…Ricky I don't really like the sound of…What'd you think, the full Taric might just be the best, huh?"

She hummed as she thought how to describe the sea to someone who'd never seen it. "Well, it's water as far as you can see, so really amazing. It can be dangerous, though, cause Sea Titans can be even worse in some ways than those that roam the lands. Just think how difficult escaping if you're on a ship on water might be. We mostly lived by the coast, to be honest, moving when there was danger. There are some small islands we know of that are worth it to visit if you can plan ahead…Hm, there's a lot more I could tell you, but maybe you should try coming to see for yourself too," she concluded.

By the time Kaili was finished conversing with Taric, some of the others had started chatting about training. "Hmm, I wouldn't wanna face an actual Titan yet, to be honest. But I'd like it if we got to do something different soon. Team battles, maybe, like you said," she nodded at Taiki, easily joining a conversation that she'd not been involved in previously.

Well. At least some of these people had the good sense to respond to her toast. Now, who to occupy her time with...? Arden would have been the logical choice. Astrid had barely seen him since she'd been adopted into the family, and his companion was relatively unknown to her. Saivis, hm? Judging by her words, it was a fallen house. Well. She'd always have time to question her "family" member later. In private. For now, Astrid would content herself with responding to the only other one to toast back.

"Heartblossom, was it?" Astrid nodded and smiled to Lumikki. "I believe I've heard of your family a few times. A cadet branch of the Mortars, yes? A pleasure to make your acquaintance." Hopefully, this wasn't the type of noble to rebuff her just because she was born a commoner. But if she was a Mortar, that seemed somewhat unlikely, given their martial focus. Anyone with Prima Waves was likely good enough for them. Hopefully. Astrid really didn't want her first social interaction at this academy to be a failure. It wouldn't look well for the reputation she was hoping to establish.

"How long do you believe our instructors will take before we can actually try to make a name for ourselves out in the field? Or even face each other? Our drills and the Range are starting to grow somewhat repetitive, no?"

@Ariel

Lumikki returned Astrid's smile. "Aye, the Heartblossom clan has followed the Mortars for generations. From what my grandfather tells me, it's been good for both sides. And the kingdom as a whole too."

Her smile only grew as she heard Astrid's words. Someone who felt the same as she did? Music to her ears. "Not long, I hope. From what I've seen some of us could stand to drill some more, but you can only get so far when your training is boring. You need to face new challenges all the time or you'll never grow."

Lumikki's expression turned just a little wolfish. "I'd be honoured to take you on when we get a chance to spar."

"Seems I've made friends..."

Trixie responded in kind to those at the table who were trying to get involved in her calling out Angeline.

"Question is..."

She paused her speech before looking back to Angeline then to the others with a small smile,

"Are you helping because of real camaraderie or is it that she's paying your bills?"

Her smile widened after that before sitting daintily back down. She shrugged for a moment.

She was banking on the fact it was the latter. Although, she said nothing more on the fact. Her provocation did seem to get everyone in the room riled up. They all were speaking of throwing down. The best part was she was sure she could take almost anyone in this room. She would prove it too.

Astrid and Lumikki also seemed to be speaking about getting prepared and ready for conflict. Although they were more focused on each other than her.

"Do you think teams will be set soon?"

She was curious to hear their takes on the matter. She rested her cheek on her knuckles after propping her elbow onto the table. She raised a brow at them for a moment.

@FireDrake150 @Ariel @SilverPaw @TreasureSniper @Psyker Landshark