Absolutists vs. Anarchists IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allie's eyes widened at Andrew's words. "You wouldn't dare!"

Eclipse spun on her heel. In one motion, she untied the bandana from her wrist and wrapped it around Allie's mouth. "Hush little one." She smiled faintly at Peter, then looked at Andrew. "I did find that very amusing, but I also want you to remember: They can just as easily bring backup as they can come alone."

Allie recoiled from Eclipse, but it did no good. She dropped her head, sighing through the bandana. She hoped that her friends were okay. She shouldn't have gone in alone, but she moved on instinct instead of thinking through it. Allie began to wonder if the sky was dark... It seemed like a day it would be dark. She closed her eyes, slowly relaxing each muscle in her body.
She had an idea.

• Love
Reactions: Rin Valentine
Andrew would of said "I don't plan on hurting her I'm not a Crazy person" having a chuckle at the end before in the air to see the smoke in the air from the crumbled building he just escaped from. He would of sighed and said "I almost got captured you know.." he would then quickly turn to Peter and Eclipse and say "You guys would of missed me right? if i got Captured or Killed? Anyway I think the best thing to do is move her far away because the Absolutists can still be around you know." Andrew would then begin to think but would immediately say "Hey now whats my reward? I deserve something from all the Hard Work that i just did, You know, Almost getting captured or killed, Blowing up a building, Capturing a Absolutist, Most likely injured a few of them as well" in a somewhat tired tone of voice. Andrew would of said to Peter "Hey Do you have any more C4 and explosive around? I got to set up a new home" in a somewhat tired tone of voice. He would then look at Allie with a smile which would quickly drop from seeing her and would of sighed and started walking into the building being somewhat impatient.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"Yeah, can still shoot, I think." He pulled out the gun and pointed it at a door on one of the houses. With a pop! a small dart shot out of the gun and stuck itself underneath the door's peephole. Keith clicked his tongue; if he wasn't so handicapped right now then the dart would have landed in the peephole cleanly. The RFL wasn't even a killing weapon, but as long as it can hit it's target, it'll have to do.

"Give me a second," he said. He activated his Mind Reading, grinding his teeth when all the emotions in the area came to him in a sloppy, thick mix, as if it were mud. Pushing through the drowsy moods of those he assumed to be sleeping he finally found one emotion that stood out. One that was reckless, jumpy and determined. Yeah that's definitely Allie. His Mind Reading switched off and he changed the station on his radio. "Keith Duncans to base, Keith Duncans to base. We need backup for a rescue." He pulled out a small blue cylinder and pushed button at the bottom until the cylinder started blinking a bright blue light. He set the device down as it sent a signal telling base of their whereabouts.

"Okay, so I know Allie is somewhere here in the area within a block's distance from us in either direction," he recited as he pointed in both directions down the street. "We've got backup coming but we need to figure out which house Allie is in." The best idea would be to lure them out, but that might wake up civilians in the area, and if a fight were to happen it could cost innocent lives, something he wanted to avoid as much as possible. Nobody should be forced to fight if they don't want to.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Eclipse paused at Andrew's words, thoughtful. "We would have definitely missed you...Hey, as a reward, why don't you stay at the base for a while?" She said, looking at him with a raised eyebrow. "One chance, one time shot. Take it or leave it."

Allie frowned. Typical. No teamwork, it's all 'follow the leader and no one gets hurt'. She HATED it! Why couldn't they just work together?! "You sicken me.." she muttered, unaware she had spoken aloud.

Eclipse heard it though. Her eyes darted to the young girl. She spit at her feet. "What?" She hissed.

Allie recoiled. She closed her eyes tightly, unsure exactly what to do. She had no idea where she was, what was around her, or how to escape, so she just bowed her head silently.

Andrew would of said "I am not going to stay in base, I am going to set up Traps and maybe go out to find more weapons and food, And set up another base for myself to use my sniper rifle. Though we should probably get out of here soon since we are close from the explosion. That or I will go lead them into a trap where you guys can ambush them" in a friendly tone of voice walking inside the building to look around for more explosives he would of called out "Peter or Eclipse Where are the explosives at?" in a more friendly tone.

After a bit he would of started coughing a bit though would of covered his mouth due to it being harsh some but only lasting about 10 seconds. He would of looked back if anyone noticed but also for his response right after he was done coughing.

Peter looked over at Andrew. He could tell he wasn't very happy about having to stay behind, despite the smile on his face, but that was probably best. He acted on impulse, and his previous actions, like calling more Absolutists over a monitored and tracked walkie talkie, only proved he shouldn't go again. Although, on the flip side, he just mentioned dissecting the captive girl and setting off explosives, and leaving him alone probably wouldn't be a good idea either. Peter looked over at Andrew. "Yes, I do, but I'm not telling you. Knowing you, you'd blow the whole place sky-high." Peter told the young man, his tone joking but the meaning behind the words was dead serious. He then looked over at Eclipse. "Do you really want him to stay back alone? After all, he just threatened to dissect the hostage." He gestured to Andrew, who had left the room looking for explosives and had begun coughing. He ignored what Andrew said about joking, knowing if the young man really had his mind set on hurting the girl, he would do it in a heartbeat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zander watched Keith as he used his mind reading to try to track Allie. Zander would have done the same, but she was still pretty drained from Super Speeding for ten minutes with a nearly 200 pound young man on her back, and wasn't confident her findings would be as accurate as Keith's, who still had a good amount of energy left. She then listened when he was trying to decide how to lure him out. He'd already put a signal down in the middle of the block, so it wouldn't take long for reinforcements to arrive, but they couldn't wait that long. Zander didn't want to risk something happening to Allie if they waited too long to rescue her. Zander turned her back to Keith, scanning the houses trying to see if she could feel even the slightest bit of Danger Sense from any direction.

After a few moments, she felt something tugging at the back of her brain, like the feeling you get when you know someone is watching you. The feeling got stronger bit by bit as Zander walked over to a small group of houses, standing in front of them and trying to deduce which one was housing the Anarchists and her friend. Finally, she was able to narrow it down to four houses, but she couldn't do any more without actually walking into the homes, which would frighten the people living there. She turned again to Keith. "It's one of these four, but I can't narrow it down enough to be sure. Can you use your Mind Reading and help out? I'd use mine, but I'm still pretty tired." she joked dryly, standing in front of the houses with her hands on her hips.​

• Love
"I'm not that heavy, geez," he muttered. "But I'll give it a try." Mind Reading was never any good for tracking, all it ever reads is emotions. It's more of a detection power, but there were times when he could feel the emotions were stronger, particularly if he was closer to the target.

He activated his Mind Reading, closing his eyes to help him concentrate better. He narrowed his range down to the four houses Zander mentioned and sure enough, amongst the sleepy moods were four other ones, waiting, alert, and very much awake. He picked up some of the moods from earlier that belonged to Allie, with a bit of what seemed to be disgust in there to. Whatever they were doing to set her off was good; the stronger the emotions the better chance of finding her. Seems like the guy who he believed to be a sick in the head was there too (Dissecting people, seriously?)

Before he could figure out which house they were in, his Mind Reading shut off. He switched it on again, find Allie's emotions and deciding the house he was standing in front of was not it. He turned to the next one, his Mind Reading shutting off once again. He activated it once more, eventually deciding that house was a dud. It turned off again, he walked over the next one, almost hitting a mailbox as his vision blurred. This normally doesn't happen. Keith could activate his Mind Reading a about ten more times without side effects. He figured the injuries was being strained and the results of that were showing in his faulty vision. For now it was fine because as he searched through the house nothing was there either. Which meant the last one was it.

"There," he pointed at the house farthest from him. A small little house flanked by bushes and a neat lawn, with a pathway and a couple stairs leading up to a porch with a swinging bench on the side. It looked so plain and so ordinary, like it was hiding a group of Anarchists somewhere in its walls. His head spun and his vision blurred again. He leaned against the mailbox for support bringing his hand to his eyes. "That's where they got her."

Keith heard a few cars rolling into their location as backup arrived.

• Thank You
Reactions: 2 people
Eclipse stared at Andrew for a moment. "Sorry, not telling. Explosives are only for emergencies." She looked at the door as she heard some cars pull up. She tensed, looking at Peter. "Get her out of here." She said, frowning. "They've called backup."

Allie relaxed as she heard cars, then tensed as she heard Eclipse's words. She tried to use her super-speed, but only managed to fall to her knees, her head spun and she sighed. "Glitches..." she muttered under her breath.

Out of the first car, two guys stepped out, nodding at Keith and Zander. "What's going on?" The first asked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Katsumi scanned the field once more, her red eyes taking in every detail, once she decided it was save she turned and started to run towards the hide out to go and report to Eclipse, she moved fast staying in the shadows and staying low, as to not attract any attention.

It took a while to reach the hide out, she was out patrolling quite far from it. Once that hide out came into sight she slowed down and jogged to the door "Eclipse, I have finished patrolling and everything was....save" she trailed of as she saw that Eclipse wasn't on the room "Eclipse...hey anyone here" she spoke checking the other rooms, nothing. She went back to the computer and something caught her eye, a GPS "what" she mumbled to herself as she picked the device up, she red the coordinates on it "That's not far from here" she said already running out the door.

When the house came into view her danger sense went crazy, that only meant one thing, Absolutists. Immediately she used her invisibility and went closer to the house, she saw Eclipse and made herself visible again, there was one she didn't recognize at all, was it an Absolutist.

• Love
Hearing someone approach, Eclipse turned, then relaxed. "Katsumi! How's the other perimeter? Clear? 'Cause we've got a problem." She said, her eyes steel. Not angry, just annoyed. "We've got at least five Absolutists outside and we need to keep her," she pointed at Allie, "in our hands."

Katsumi approached Eclipse "Clear" she nodded her head once firmly when saying the word. She listened t what Eclipse was saying "well, what do you wish to do then, I can keep her" she said pointing her sword at the girl "or I can lead them away somehow" she said moving her sword from the girl to the door.

Zander looked at the back-up, directing them to the house Keith told her hid the Anarchists. Zander turned to the group. "I need one of you to set up a bomb on the door. Then, when it blows, we'll go in and retrieve the girl. The rest of you need to split up and surround the perimeter of the house. now, move!" she shouted, turning then to Keith. "Sound good? I'll set off a smoke bomb. We'll have about three minutes before the smoke clears. We need to get Allie before then." she told the young man, then turning and running toward the house, waiting outside the door.

----------------------------

Peter nodded at Eclipse, then dragged the girl along by her arm. He had to move quick, and he knew to do that he would have to sedate the girl, who was thrashing and struggling against his grip. Peter reached into his jacket pocket with his free hand, taking out a small syringe with clear liquid in it. Every Anarchist carried one of these in case of emergency. In small doses, it could knock out enemies. Using the whole syringe, however, allowed the captured or brutally injured Anarchist to commit suicide, allowing them to avoid leaking crucial info or dying a slow death. He injected a small bit of the substance into the girls arm, watching her go limp and knock out right before his eyes.

Hoisting the girl over his shoulder and discarding the syringe, he whispered in her ear a quick apology before he began to run, taking the secret back entrance out of the house through the back of the basement. This would lead him to another hideout, and Eclipse, Katsumi, and Andrew would be following soon. Running faster, he hoped he wasn't being followed. The last thing he needed now was another hideout to be discovered and blown by the Absolutists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eclipse smiled faintly. Peter was on top of things. "Katsumi stay with me." she turned and hid behind a desk. She pulled the F214 off her hip and shut the safety off. She unsheathed her katana, holding it in her other hand.

The backup nodded and made a semi-circle, the three of them letting Zander and Kieth made up half of it, and them make up the other half. They closed in on the door. One silently scaled the wall by taking a running jump and catching a window ledge with his foot, then catching the room with his hand, pulling himself up. The others stayed on the ground, one standing next to the window, another by the door with an SK-49.

Reactions: Lilpuff
"Well I should at least be of some use and help out and fight" she said her eyes following her friend out the passage he went. She bent low behind a desk drew her sword and held it ready. The other hand ready to grab her F214 that was strapped to her hip She turned her eyes toward Eclipse and gave a nod.

Andrew not knowing what to do would of just shrugged and said "Have fun you two and good luck!" in a friendly manner and would wave off to Eclipse and Katsumi as he then started to follow Peter and said "Hey, Looks like i am with you buddy of mine who obviously thinks I'm crazy" with a joking snicker patting her back and would of then added "You know I wouldn't of done anything to that girl, Honestly, I just wanted to freak them out." in a friendly tone of voice before adding "Don't worry though if any absolutist comes in contact with us, I'll keep you two protected like a good friend. I'll be the bait" patting his back once more smiling and looking over at him.

Reactions: Lilpuff
Bang.

The shot of a sniper rifle echoed in the shooting room back at the Absolutists' base.Shiki knelt down at one end of the room and stared at the clear hole his bullet made through two out of the three layers of thick metal he set up against the wall on the other end of the room."Hm..a little adjustment there and maybe I can get the bullet to penetrate even deeper..." he mumbled to himself,setting his customized rifle besides him as he leaned his back against the wall.He took his left boot off and pulled up the leg's pants sleeve,revealing his bandage-wrapped ankle.He got it from their last mission when he got up from his post on a roof and was about to run off to change position,but somehow ended up slipping off and landing his foot in a bad position.He claimed that it was only an ankle sprain,but they insisted him to stay at base for now to let it rest and leave the next few missions to them.Shiki naturally objected at first,but it's not like he could do much to change their minds.

He was putting his boot back on when he heard a voice come out of the intercom.

"Keith Duncans to base, Keith Duncans to base. We need backup for a rescue."

Shiki quickly got on his feet and slung his rifle's strap on his shoulder and dashed towards where their vehicles were parked.Everyone was moving quickly with their weapons,and it was always a fascinating sight for Shiki to see.He hopped into one of the cars and sat on the front seat.The ally behind the steering wheel was surprised to see him there."Shiki!Didn't they tell you to rest for now?What if your leg gets worse?It'll take even longer to-" "Hey,chill." Shiki cut him off and smirked,though the ally won't really see it through his mask.With a wink and a thumbs up he added, "I'll be fine.Trust me!" Trust.He was actually surprised that the Absolutists gave him their complete trust even though he didn't tell them anything much about him except being an orphan.They don't even know that behind the suave 'manly' image actually lies a fragile-looking girl.But he doesn't plan on revealing the truth any time soon.No,it doesn't seem necessary at all.

The cars finally arrived to the destination.Shiki waits until everyone else gets out of the car.He didn't want the others to know that he came along anyways despite being told otherwise.

"I need one of you to set up a bomb on the door. Then, when it blows, we'll go in and retrieve the girl. The rest of you need to split up and surround the perimeter of the house. now, move!"

Hm,so Allie got taken,eh? he thought,peeking out the door.Once nobody was looking,he silently ran towards the nearest wall and pressed himself against it,hiding himself in the shadows.He was well known for being one of the most silent people on their feet in the team,which is a pretty good advantage for various things;both mission-related and just personal things(like sneaking out of training at times that got him in trouble.But that was way back when he was still new).He knelt down and readied his rifle,peeping through his rifle's telescope and observed the surroundings.He remained silent and watched as everyone got settled in their own places.Getting grounded at base for a week felt like forever to Shiki,and he was glad to be back in action.

Keith

"Make sure we evacuate civilians in the area too," he called after them. Civilian evacuation should also be top priority. Innocents don't need to be involved in this war.

"Sound good? I'll set off a smoke bomb. We'll have about three minutes before the smoke clears. We need to get Allie before then."

"Yeah sounds good. You there," he said, pointing at a soldier. "I need extra magazines for my rifle. I'm gonna need a lot." The soldier handed Keith a few magazines for his gun and his vision flickered again, rapidly changing from Night Vision to normal vision to the point where it was irritating his eyes. By habit he rubbed his eyes and headed to where Zander was to help her set up the bomb.

"Hey Zander―" he called until his vision blurred once more. He furiously rubbed his eyes, squinting and trying to get his sight back to focus. His right eye slowly cleared up, but he still couldn't see out of his left. Keith cursed; it was bad enough having flickering Night Vision but now going blind? His shooting will be severely impaired and he hoped for everyone's sake they get Allie before his other eye goes.

"Zander I got more bad news," he said pointing at his eye. "My eye's out. Our rescue mission just got a little harder."

Zander bit her lip as Keith revealed his new handicap. Will he be able to shoot? Will he hit the enemy? Will he accidentally hit her? She could only hope not. The harsh realities were setting in. Now she really had to do almost everything. While nobody ever let's their guard down while on a mission anywhere, it was easier when one had backup. Where was Shiki when you need him? She silently cursed him for getting injured in the last mission. "Why don't you sit this one out, Keith?" she suggested. "Get healed. We'll handle the rest."

"No." Keith adjusted the strap of his gun on his shoulder. "The three of us are a team, and we all need to look out for each other. My injuries are no excuse for me to sit this one out. 'Sides, you're not going to be the only one who gets to yell at Allie when this is all over."

Zander chuckled. No, I guess not. She decided she would let Keith be the first on to scold that girl, after all he went through a ton of crap during this mission so he deserves it. Hopefully he won't be too hard on her, Allie was only just concerned about the safety of one of their own, even if it proved false.

She finished the preparations for the bomb and the Absolutists backed up to the picket fence, soldiers shielding Keith and Zander with dense shields as one held up three fingers, signaling a countdown. 2 . . .1 . . .The soldier pressed the button and the door burst apart, leaving a huge gaping hole in the house. Keith, Zander, and a squad of soldiers rushed in, Keith taking station by the edge of the hole with his gun pointed inside as he watched prepared to shoot anybody who dare try to harm them.

Peter
Peter chuckled at Andrew's joke. Of course it was all part of Andrew's little scheme. Some way to rile up the Absolutists. "Well, don't think you can just go alone and fight them all on your own. I'm still capable of fighting a few of them myself, even with this girl weighing me down a little. 'Sides our main goal is to get away, so we hit them and get out as much as possible."

The tunnel around them shook. "Looks like they're creating a mess again." He hoped Katsumi and Eclipse will be okay after this. "Let's keep going, Andrew."

Last edited:
Eclipsed frowned at the sudden smoke around her. "Eyes open!" She yelled, ducking and rolling to the other side of the room to block the entrance where Peter and Andrew had taken Allie. She fired a few warning shots at the door.

Andrew would of nodded and said "Lets get some food after this, I'm Starving, Being in my Home that Recently Got Destroyed By my Explosives and Earthquake.. I need Another Home now heh" in a friendly tone of voice chuckling. Andrew would then say "To be honest I feel bad for this little girl, Though she was Stupid enough to walk in randomly to an Anarchist and not try to hold him hostage he.." in a More Mischievous tone.

Andrew would now start thinking abut his 'Home' or Morel like the Building he seized when this all started, He Partied In it, and Vandalized it, He did everything in it like some sort of Psycho. He was meaning to move out from anyway due to a Certain.. Decaying Smell.. So he didn't mind his actions too much

Andrew would of asked "Do you want me to stay here while you escape with the girl? I got a grenade so if they get passed everyone I'll Blow the tunnel making it collapse, Though I'll get away heh.. Also don't Ask how I got the Grenade.. OR tell anyone.." in a friendly tone of voice curious to what he is going to say somewhat Interested.

Keith

Keith pressed the but of the gun against his cheek, falling into the familiar pattern of searching through the smoke for targets. He could just make out out the silohuettes of the team, recognizing the bombing armor and Zander's head. He heard the footsteps of the team against the floorboards, one even stepping on glass shards.

There were a few pops and Keith could hear the whoosh of bullets fly by his position. He ducked down, jumping when he felt something thump against the porch. Peeking his head, he saw a body on the ground. He crawled over and felt for a pulse, nothing. "Hey, what's going? Anybody else shot?" he said over the intercom.

Zander

Zander tentatively stepped inside the house, her ML-3 out ready. A few of Absolutist team stood in front of her, pointing their guns at every space they could. The smoke slowly cleared and Zander started to make out a figure within. The figure moved, rolling to the side followed by a few shots at them. Zander flew to the side, hiding behind one of the shields of her teammates. She heard one thump and saw another teammate fall.

"Just stay back, Keith. I don't know who else got hit," she replied in her intercom.

Peter

"Do you want me to stay here while you escape with the girl? I got a grenade so if they get past everyone I'll blow the tunnel making it collapse. Though I'll get away heh . . . . Also don't Ask how I got the Grenade.. OR tell anyone.."

"Don't worry I won't," Peter laughed a little. "But don't go yet. I want to make sure we get the girl out of here before you blow anything up. Plus I don't want to be trapped either."

He adjusted the girl in his arms, giving him a better hold on her and allowing his bandaged arm less strain. If she really had walked straight up to Andrew like he said, then Peter had to agree she was kind of stupid. But what troubled him the most was how young she was. This girl couldn't have been older than sixteen. And yet here she was, in his arms, fighting in this war. What were the Absolutists thinking? How desperate could they be to win by sending children? His mind immediately wandered to his sister. She would be nineteen by now, but she would have been fighting ever since she was very young too.

The Absolutists really were horrible people.

Status
Not open for further replies.