Above Average Power

K

Kitti

Okay, so it's not exactly a superpower but it's a pretty cool thing that you can do and it's kinda useful. Maybe you asked your friends and none of them could do it, maybe they looked at you like you were crazy. What is your above average power?

lol i'm uncannily good at looking at a large number on a screen or paper and *snap* knowing how many digits it has right off the bat

... ROFL that's shit

... i can, uh, spot trans-positional accounting errors with a cursory glance at a financial statement workpaper???? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SO LAME

• Haha
Reactions: Kitti
Being able to read and write four different languages :3

It's not stupendous (since quite a few people can) but among my close friends, it's something somewhat rare.

Switching between languages smooth as butter. It doesn't feel all that impressive to me, but it gains a lot of eyes.

But in all seriousness, I can pick out the spelling errors in a 1000 page document in five minutes.

The reason this came up is because I was discussing with someone how weird it is to me that other people can't do something that comes naturally to me:
For some reason, I can control my sense of smell. As in, I can consciously decide not to. It takes focus on my part, so if I have to focus on something else, it's not easy to maintain and after a few minutes of keeping it off it starts to feel uncomfortable but it has definitely come in handy. For me, it just feels like closing off a valve or something to my nose but most people I've asked about it have no idea what I'm talking about.

• Useful
Reactions: Draugvan
Immunity to peer pressure.

Hahahahaha, I can't do anything above-average. I'm a pretty tame and boring person.

Except for my cookies. Those are impressive.

:cookie:

• Love
Reactions: Spekkun
I can bend the last knuckles on my fingers at angles of very roughly 25 to 87.5 degrees.

On a more serious note, while it's only slightly above average, I've been told that I have pretty good pitch, and I've noticed that I'm usually not too far off when I try to sing a note (based solely on how many times I'd been instructed to sing higher/lower in Choir the two years I took it). It's not perfect pitch, but it's good enough for me, lol. I can sing Happy Birthday without it sounding like a dirge, too!

Not an above average power per se, but I can read anything aloud continuously without stuttering. I'm also good at keeping a straight face and monotone voice, which can be handy for when I want to be sarcastic or am in the mood to prank folks.

Making eye contact with people also doesn't make me feel uncomfortable. I can keep it up for as long as I don't have to blink.

If I breathe in through my nose really hard I can suction my nostrils closed. Also I can turn my feet backward.

Those are my only redeeming qualities.

i guess knowing ASL is a good skill too but shhhh

• Haha