Status
Not open for further replies.

™ T A K E N O B U

Original poster
dXNtPoF.png

LINKS
in character || out of character || profiles
Politics, Anarchy and Nukes, oh my!

So the world has made it to the years 2116. Well, technically. Of course, this isn't without it's ups and downs. The world as we know it had ended very badly. Something about the United States doing some ridiculous things, North Korea got a little too bold, Russia decided it was time to show off their prowess. And China thought that they could monopolize the situation! Over the span of fifty years most countries had found themselves at the losing end of a long and gruesome world war. Economies collapsed, resources became scarce. Sickness rolled through zombiesattacked jkjk, no zombies. Just a really terrible epidemic. Small populations were completely wiped out.

But just as evolution continues on, so did the world. Countries rebuilt--some stronger than they had been before. The United States, though they lost the entire west side of the country, managed to regain itself ever so slightly. New York managed to stay relatively in tact. Laws, treaties, bills and acts were passed in order for the east side to sustain and rebuild the population. Though they tried to expand westward again, they simply could not deny that there was a large scar on their country from shoddy nuclear warfare. Just like Japan had a long since remaining scar from Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the United States would have to watch as California, Washington and Oregon fell into the ocean. Whatever remained died slowly and faded into a jungle of silence.

Now... getting back to current times, New York is thriving. Technology is at the highest it's ever been. Sure, there is a strong influence from the large East Asian countries (practically everything is Chinese, Japanese or Korean), but you've also got your healthy dose of European culture through the strong hand of the UN! New York and surrounding areas had become THE cultural and technological melting pot of the world. Now completely commercialized, it's definitely a place of the bright tech-savvy future. However... even paradise has it's faults.

For whatever reason, you were picked to head west. It's about time we go back and explore what once was. The radiation should be at an all time low by now. Whether you were assigned to go out there, or ended up joining the party out of attempt to run from the law, you are now in a group of strangers, heading west. The chances of finding life are slim, but that doesn't hinder your ambition. There's so much potential when rediscovering land. What will you find? What won't you find? You've only seen what used to be there in the history books. This is the adventures of six travelers into a land that has long since been abandoned.

concept + rules
Concept
the concept of this roleplay is fairly simple: go forth and survive. Whatever reason (I won't restrict you on WHY your character is there besides the fact that they have "role titles", but they don't exactly have to define what your character is or does), your character is in this group of travelers heading to an abandoned western front. They will most likely have no knowledge of what they might find, and even if they do, it's all covered in overgrown plants from years of being left untouched.

There will definitely be a huge clash between the technologically advanced characters and the surrounding habitat. A lot of their technology won't work like it's supposed to. Any form of GPS would be disrupted from the lingering radiation. Though it is low enough to where one could breathe without too much harm, it seems to do strange things to electrical devices. At that same rate, animals that may be seen within the area seemed to be mutated.

Now, of course this isn't just a random exploration and survival thread. There will be something to find. It's simply up to the characters to make the right decisions to lead them down a safe and successful path. They will be the ones uncovering a story underneath the surface layer.

Rules
I'm going to be pretty lax on posting, but I do need activity. I need people that will be willing to talk on a near day-to-day basis. Because this is a small group, I'd like to make friends with the people that are actually in my rp. Minimum posting requirement is two paragraphs at all times, and in third person. Even if you can't exactly get multiple posts out in a week, I do require at least talking to people in the ooc more than three times a week. If I have to chase you down, I will not be a happy Takkun.

I know, I know, this seems like a perfect thread to have real pictures as face claims, but unfortunately I've already establushed this as a drawn/illustrated/anime picture thread by it's banner. Therefore, I'll only be accepting characters with drawn/illustrated/anime pictures. However, I would still like a sense of realism to them.

In this world, it's in the distant future. High tech is a thing. Feel free to poke into all sorts of sci-fi things. Just remember... technology doesn't work very well where your character is going. 8D

One character per person, since the rp is so small. Later on down the road, I'll be open to adding more.

This roleplay is going to fall under my signature "cause-and-effect" roleplays. In other words, your character's actions dictate their outcomes. If they go running into the jungles by themselves after hearing a spooky noise, chances are, their life is gonna be in big danger. I'll grant a little bit of plot armor, but otherwise, if your character does something absolutely stupid, chances are, they might die. Yes, characters can die. No, I'm not focusing on death in this roleplay. I'm focusing on the story in which characters must discover. Think of it like something out of Uncharted or Tomb Raider.

Applying
Applying for a character slot is going to be put into two parts: The Sales Pitch and the Profiles.

First and foremost, I'm a lazy Takkun and hate filling out long applications, only to have to fill out an even longer character profile. Instead, I'll do this. FIRST, PITCH YOUR CHARACTER IDEA TO ME. What this means, is that I'll have a few basic things for you to fill out, solely for the purpose of you to pitch your idea to me. A sales pitch. Tell me about your character, what they are like (personality), where they came from (history), and why they are where they are now (current situation). I need you be able to present your idea to me semi-fully at the least. I need coherent ideas that I can work with you to work with me. I hope that makes sense. You can find the mini app here below.

Character Name:
Role:
About the Character: be sure to include a bit about personality, their backstory, and how they got to where they are now. No more than four paragraphs!
Appearance: image can be posted or linked. Do not crop it to icon size!

SECOND! If I accept your character, then you will be able to make a profile. Now, usually I like them uniform, but Takkun is feeling even more lazy than normal. So I'm letting you guys make up your own profile. The information you give me in the Sales Pitch must be in the profile. You may reserve a post in the Profile Thread so you can work on it there, or transfer it over from a test thread. Whichever works for you. Below is a list of required information. Once you tag me in the ooc upon completion and I OK it, then congrats, you're part of the rp!

Role:
Name:
Personality: paragraph or list form. If you list, please give your own description of how it applies to your character.
History: this is the background information for your character. Please give some insight from their childhood all the way up to the present. Minimum three paragraphs.
Appearance: link or post, doesn't matter. Do not use an icon size.

If you want to add anything to the profile, feel free. This is the mandatory minimum.

character reserves

[spacer]THE PIONEER
Name
Trait || Trait || Trait || Trait[/spacer]

[spacer]THE CARTOGRAPHER
Name

[spacer]THE OUTLAW - Reserved
Name

[spacer]THE ADVENTURER
Name

[spacer]THE FOLLOWER
Name

[spacer]THE WANDERER
Name

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: rissa and Justin
This looks good, I don't have time right now to read everything but I will read all of this either later tonight or tomorrow. I don't have a role in mind yet, just showing interest and will see once I get to reading everything^^.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
oAo
My thing. The thing I made. It is loved already. <3

Take your time. And ask questions if you have any. I like questions. 8D

• Thank You
Reactions: Justin
Sweet! I'll get on that outlaw reserve. =w= /

Eyyy~
Also, all slots are available atm. I'm not taking a slot. Yay for NPC~

Can I reserve The Adventurer?

Getting late here so I will get on char tomorrow. Questions will be thought up as I work out my char idea.

@Justinaholic, ahhh, the only way I can truly reserve a spot for someone is if they give me a Sales Pitch app. I can keep you in mind when looking over apps though.

• Useful
Reactions: U.N. 0W3N
Character Name: Emerson Lee Taylor
Role: The Outlaw
About the Character: It's always been Emerson and her father against the world. She only knows her mother from a faded photograph hidden away in a worn pocket watch. From what her daddy told her, she set him straight and represented the good in the Badlands. But, the day "those sonuvobitches" took her away, he snapped and went back to his old ways. And, he brought his little girl for the ride. There's nothing normal about growing up in the Badlands. It's a "kill and be killed" world with no honor or code. Maybe, this is why Emerson's mom wasn't able to make it?

Emerson's daddy taught her two things in the 12 years they've been together: how to survive and how to shoot a gun. With these skills, she was able to abandoned her father's mad path for revenge. Hell, even if she came across "those sonuvobitches," she wouldn't know that they were her mama's killers. Instead, Emerson focused on one thing and one thing only: living. It's tricky to pull that shit off while being a child. Trial and error. Danger and betrayal. In the end, Emerson was able to survive and, even, make a name for herself.

However, with many people knowing her name… it's been harder to pull off jobs. And, now, her face is everywhere. Hearing about the job to journey West is the best news she heard. Least she can disappear for a while. Let people forget her while she gets paid.

Emerson isn't the type to let her emotions get a hold of her. Emotions get you killed, especially if there's money on the line. Her past is nothing more than a past to her. So what if she wound up alone and an orphan? It doesn't bother her in the least. She was able to get what she needed from her father in order to continue moving forward and living. Connecting with people can be a chore for her. Most of Emerson's relationships have been superficial and job-oriented. Going past that can be a hassle and wind up with someone getting killed.

Appearance: Face Claim

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rissa
Since I want that role The Adventurer the most. I won't go to sleep until I get the Sale's Pitch up, so expect that in a few hours. Got some ics to post in first.

I'm sorry guys, but I gotta drop. My interest for this has been dying down and now it's deceased. Might explain why it's been difficult for me to come up with a character. I hope this keeps going but sorry that I can't be part of it. Good Luck.

That's okay~ At least the interest died down before anything was submitted. xD

Thanks and happy future rp hunting~

Status
Not open for further replies.