Abandoned in Space - Welcome to Io

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azuremoon

"Such a lose; it would only happen during our maiden voyage."
"May they rest in peace."

Abandoned in Space is, in concept, a survival/ SciFi story. On the Maiden voyage of the colony ship, Yrendal, an accident involving an alien chemical leak results in the deaths of a small group of the civilization. As per tradition, the corpses of the dead are jettison into the vastness of space. In this case, they are jettison on an uninhabited planet called Io (I-Oh). As you might have guessed, not everything is as it seems. The group that died in the accident on Yrendal turned out to be in a state only temporary death. The 'Cradle' (the shuttle in which the 'dead' had been stored) crashes onto Io, the collision now *actually* killing a considerable bunch.

The survivors are left to leave the safety of the Cradle and venture out into the wilderness of Io. The small planet could be venture in merely a week, yet seemingly has no change in gravitational pressure than the Cradle. It's atmosphere also seems to support human life - so why was Io left uninhabited? What life exists? Because, judging by the sounds heard in the purple tinted nights, something is out there.

This is a general gist that I will expand on if enough people seem interested. Let me know what you think!

The name Io is already taken. There is a Galilean moon by the same name orbiting Jupiter that's a volcanic mess, and is compared to oddly enough a pizza when viewed from space.

My space nerdiness out of the way, I'm interested. I haven't done a survival rp in a while, and this has caught my attention.

• Love
Reactions: Azuremoon
Just put a . at the end and it's like an entirely different place.

The name Io is already taken. There is a Galilean moon by the same name orbiting Jupiter that's a volcanic mess, and is compared to oddly enough a pizza when viewed from space.

My space nerdiness out of the way, I'm interested. I haven't done a survival rp in a while, and this has caught my attention.
Just put a . at the end and it's like an entirely different place.
Wow, that is actually exactly what I'm going to do lololol.

Also, I knew the name Io was from something, but I couldn't recall what from! I suppose two or three is good enough for me. I shall begin making a signup post and hope for the best!

I am making the signup now! Should be up sometime tonight or tomorrow. I'll tag y'all in it as soon as it is :)

I'd very much like to join this! <3

So... any progress on this? Official signups are most eagerly awaited! :3

Status
Not open for further replies.