Abandon - The City on the Edge of Hell

How awesome is this idea?

• Really awesome!

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • Kinda meh.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • It sucks and you shouldn't have wasted 3 days coming up with it.

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question. Who or what decides the Karma price of something on the Black Market? Does the seller set a price somehow, or is the price related to the item being purchased?

The seller can set the price. The Watchers do know of the Black Market's existence, and they do alter the karma levels accordingly for each purchase, but while they would usually demolish the whole thing, they thought it to be a clever idea, so they simply feign ignorance of it.

That answers my question enough for my first post, thank you, but out of curiosity, does that mean Black Market sellers are aware of specific Karma levels? :o I thought there was no way to tell.

95% of Black Marketeers don't have access to the actual numbers, but there's an arbitrary units system that most people know about. You start at 0 and the average daily gain for a typical nondescript person is about 10. Some people do have access to the records, but if anyone manages to hack the Watcher systems to gain this information, they mysteriously disappear before even the Reaping occurs.

Gwaha~
Finally got a post up. Sorry for the delay.
I hope everything is in order.

What all does one need to do to apply for one of these guilds? I plan on having Cecilia apply to the same one as your character is applying to.

Check my latest IC post. It gives a small hint at what the trial consists of, and my next few IC posts will cover the actual content of the trial.

Check my latest IC post. It gives a small hint at what the trial consists of, and my next few IC posts will cover the actual content of the trial.
Ah right. Sorry, missed it when I was typing up my post. Will do~

95% of Black Marketeers don't have access to the actual numbers, but there's an arbitrary units system that most people know about. You start at 0 and the average daily gain for a typical nondescript person is about 10. Some people do have access to the records, but if anyone manages to hack the Watcher systems to gain this information, they mysteriously disappear before even the Reaping occurs.
Sweeeet.

So did Cecilia, Aran, and Shiro get to this obstacle course?

I thought it was a match against two people?

Sorry if I misread that, it's late and I can't seem to sleeeeeep >_<

Nah it's just Shiro and Aron in this one. The third person was the guild official. Cecilia will be up against a generic NPC, probably.

Also, I'll point out that no one is actually speaking english. Probably. One of the first people to arrive in Abandon, a certain Douglas Addams, notified the Watchers of a concept he called the "Babelfish" - in his original books this was a literal fish that you stuck in your ear and it translated every word it heard into your primary language. In abandon, since magical fish don't exist, and most people would object to having one in their ear, it is done by inserting a microchip into the language center of the brain. This is done automatically with every new body, before the soul is even put in. The user can calibrate the chip by thought, and can choose options such as which language to translate into and which languages are exempt from this device - usually only done if the user is trying to learn a new language.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Nah it's just Shiro and Aron in this one. The third person was the guild official. Cecilia will be up against a generic NPC, probably.

Also, I'll point out that no one is actually speaking english. Probably. One of the first people to arrive in Abandon, a certain Douglas Addams, notified the Watchers of a concept he called the "Babelfish" - in his original books this was a literal fish that you stuck in your ear and it translated every word it heard into your primary language. In abandon, since magical fish don't exist, and most people would object to having one in their ear, it is done by inserting a microchip into the language center of the brain. This is done automatically with every new body, before the soul is even put in. The user can calibrate the chip by thought, and can choose options such as which language to translate into and which languages are exempt from this device - usually only done if the user is trying to learn a new language.
Ah.

Right, okay then thanks.

I really should sleep.

ugh.

Brain, quit being...awake.

I have some chloroform you can borrow.

Oh! :o I'll edit my post, then.

@Aleksander would you be able to use a slightly paler shade of blue for your character's speech? I've got kinda crappy eyesight and it's difficult for me to read it since it doesn't contrast with the black background at all. Same goes for when you stop writing his speech. Please change it back to the "no colour" option rather than black, since then it'll display as white for me.

@Lady Sandra there are plants in Abandon, but they're mainly in interior buildings in the inner city since if they were outside, they'd drown. There are huge greenhouses in the farming district to the west, since that's where the entire city's food source is.

Gonna wait for Aran and Shiro to finish their course before sending Cecilia down, just so I know what I'm doing xP

Fair enough :D Since you'd be against an NPC I don't mind if you skip out the description of some challenges if you can't be assed doing them :D

Fair enough :D Since you'd be against an NPC I don't mind if you skip out the description of some challenges if you can't be assed doing them :D
depends on how writery I'm feeling. I might get a tad bit carried away. I tend to do that.

Well, whatever you do, have fun :D

Status
Not open for further replies.